PDA

View Full Version : The Forums - Rise and Fall,Rage and Grace: Covered By Us

_Lost_
05-18-2009, 10:47 AM
Here it is, what you've all been waiting for! Sorry it took me so long. I was doing some remixing.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RR1IC0T1

Warning: Its a 130 MB file with all of the artwork.

I've also uploaded an "album only" version which is a mere 90 MBs.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7VBYC7BD

I never thought this would actually go to completion and I'm so glad it did.

I would like to encourage everyone who is going to see the offspring this year to print out the book and make a cd to take with them to the show in the hopes of being able to hand a copy over to them.

ad8
05-18-2009, 11:00 AM
Wow, cool. I'm glad this worked until the end. Were you able to hand Dexter a copy?

_Lost_
05-18-2009, 11:49 AM
I would like to encourage everyone who is going to see the offspring this year to print out the book and make a cd to take with them to the show in the hopes of being able to hand a copy over to them.

ad8, what do you think?

Dexter_italy
05-18-2009, 11:53 AM
Downloading it now! I so wanted to contribute with it fuck!! :D when are we going to make the other albums? :D

ad8
05-18-2009, 12:00 PM
ad8, what do you think?

LOL... did you edit that in later? I could swear it wasn't there when I read the post. Sorry:o

_Lost_
05-18-2009, 12:06 PM
Downloading it now! I so wanted to contribute with it fuck!! :D when are we going to make the other albums? :D

smash is in the works as of right now. :)

Free?
05-18-2009, 12:10 PM
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Dexter_italy
05-18-2009, 12:10 PM
I'd like to make a guitar part and some vocals if there's the space :D

_Lost_
05-18-2009, 12:16 PM
I'd like to make a guitar part and some vocals if there's the space :D

check out the smash covered by us thread in your band to see what is available.

Dexter_italy
05-18-2009, 12:21 PM
Gone ;) and answered, smash is mine! ahhahaah

Grimesy da Offspringfan
05-18-2009, 12:24 PM
wow, i'm pretty amazed, it was worth waiting for

_Lost_
05-18-2009, 12:54 PM
wow! thanks a lot!

selfDemanDeD
05-18-2009, 01:09 PM
Guys, it's kinda good and fun, but, you know, maybe I should also participate and do the mixing and mastering? $) 'cause I know we can make this better :) Smash too.

_Lost_
05-18-2009, 01:13 PM
why the money sign?

Free?
05-18-2009, 01:19 PM
He works for a major label and he's trying to sign you. Let's go sellouts?!

Peedr
05-18-2009, 02:14 PM
:D I guess this was just some new kind of smile.

Cock Joke
05-18-2009, 02:18 PM
His eyes turned to dollar signs. He wants to make money off of it. :p

I must say, I heard some of the covers and you guys did a fantastic job! I remember you got a compliment from Dexter himself, so congratulations on this and good luck with the Smash cover!

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
05-18-2009, 02:19 PM
have you done americana yet
cuz when i get my new guitar i get dibs on pay the man, staring at the sun, tkaa, and maybe no brakes or americana

_Lost_
05-18-2009, 02:24 PM
have you done americana yet
cuz when i get my new guitar i get dibs on pay the man, staring at the sun, tkaa, and maybe no brakes or americana

yeah fucking right hahaha. pay the man is totally mine and good luck getting that many songs. :p And I really wish you good luck on getting tkaa. I don't think that will be given up easily.

but this can't even really be discussed yet seeing as we are doing smash now and i believe Ixnay is next. :p

randman21
05-18-2009, 02:32 PM
Ohhh, Ixnay's next? I call Disclaimer, The Meaning of Life, Mota, Me and My Old Lady, Cool to Hate, Leave it Behind, Gone Away, I Choose, Intermission, All I Want, Way Down the Line, Don't Pick it Up, and either Amazed or Change the World. Maybe both.

Also, I'm just realizing that I'm the first person you hear on this album. :D:D

_Lost_
05-18-2009, 02:42 PM
Ohhh, Ixnay's next? I call Disclaimer, The Meaning of Life, Mota, Me and My Old Lady, Cool to Hate, Leave it Behind, Gone Away, I Choose, Intermission, All I Want, Way Down the Line, Don't Pick it Up, and either Amazed or Change the World. Maybe both.

<3<3<3

Well see ... me and kev already started Amazed an eternity ago. I don't know about the other songs. There's no thread to keep track yet. We'll see how it goes Randy.

Tijs
05-18-2009, 02:53 PM
I'm listening to it for the first time now and so far. Half-Truism is awesome. The multi-vocal parts are... incredibly awesome. Extra props to Randy, great vocals!

RageAndLov
05-18-2009, 02:56 PM
I have been waiting for this :D
I will check it out tomorrow!

05-18-2009, 03:03 PM
i'm down for a fight cuz pay the man is MINE
and my new guitar will sound better its already got stock
# INF3 humbucker neck pickup
# INFS3 single coil mid pickup
# INF4 humbucker bridge pickup
and i plan on buying some dimarzio pickups and changing them
and now that i think about it someone else can have tkaa cuz i can't do the intro
But AllIn All it's still not time to discuss it cuz it seems far away

Free?
05-18-2009, 03:03 PM
I fucking love you people!

One of my favorite things about the album is that it's so fresh. They are all old songs, but each and every of them is special and different from originals. It's like eating M&Ms with 13 different flavors. On some songs "the internet-recording" is noticeable, plus some songs being louder than the rest - all of that is called DIY and that's awesome!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Half-Truism. Holy fuck it's epic! Vocals changes give it even more anthemic vibe. The vocalists switch quite often so it's getting hard to tell when it's whose line. "Hey, that's Randy's voice", "Hey, that's Lost singin", "hey, that's llamas' "al[AI]ve", "Is it Becca's part?" FellDrake's instrumental is flawless. Very powerful start for an album!

2. Trust In You. So that's Raptor's buzzy guitar gives you a warning shot and after few seconds along with Karin's vocals song starts to attack your ears. ;] Backing vocals are great, post-chorus riff is explosive, the drums are kickin and the solo part is intense!

3. YGGFK. Stylie's guitar starts off and a second later we can hear princess llamas singing with a bag on her head. Naturally she sounds sad as always and asks to take the bag off. Lost supports her in choruses making me easier to hold my tears. How anyone can resist such cuteness?!

4. Hammerhead. It was the first cover. Infact this cover started the whole covering thing. So there are some offsyncs but I'm assuring you that after few listens you'll love them.

5.A Lot Like Me. Well, it's not a lot like A Lot Like Me. It's a perfect example of how songs should be covered. Dexter really should hear this. I love the way every instrument and vocal line are edited and blended.

6.Takes Me Nowhere. Hey, the buzzy guitar, Raptor is that you again? Yes that's him. And who's that happy voice? Don't tell me, it couldn't be... It's llamas got rid off the bag and now is singing her high "A"s pretty often. Shit I hear her voice from separate speakers. She's everywhere! Really good vox and editing here! Drums are good! A special recognition and congratulations to Brianna for her first happy song eva.

7.Kristy. Hey, that's Tim rocking the stage now. This cover tells you: "If you're not familiar with Static Martyr you've missed a lot mate". Tim did a lot of work on this album, like half of drums and bass lines, so finally he gets his own song to perform.

8. Nothingtown. Very charmy and lovely. Along with brothadave's cover Lost and Ryder did a wonderful relaxing version of Nothingtown which is a great chill song. Fits in album very nice.

9. Stuff Is Messed Up. Cuute drums. Lovely guitar (which is quite different from original)<3. What a vocals! Lilly did amazing job, Tim's nitro-part was pure win :D. Overall this is one of my favorites, you've made a really cocky cover of a really cocky song! This cover is also kinda jammy and funky <3. Another example of great covermaking!

10. Fix You. Amazing. :O Nuff said.

11. Rock Bottom. This cover is probably the closest sounding to original. Like really. Drums are great, Randy pulls off nice vocals, guitar is damn good as well. Verry close to the original.

12. Rise And Fall. Superdope's sludgy guitar is very different from what we're used to hear in the original RAF, bass is kinda a bit too loud, vocals are jazzy, but my favorite part is the solo! Fuck <3 <3 <3 Fuckenfuck! "And I don't want to say, you've lost controooool!" Woo! =D

13. O.C. Life. Like Rock Bottom, it's kicks off as a really close to the original song until elegant Karin's vocals bring the cover some different perspective to look from. Very solid. Also ironically the O.C. Life - cover fits the Forums' album much better than Offspring's O.C. Life fits RAFRAG. :P

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
To sum it up. This album has lots of stuff to dig. It's gonna grow on you with each time sounding better and better.

You guys did an amazing job. The project was epic by many means, it's been a great pleasure to hang around. The fact that we DID it shouldn't be overlooked (HA!, coneman ;P), seriously though, it took a lot more effort than you ppl imagine. I'm sure that project strengthened the community and made some of us know each other better. God, I'm awesome for starting that thread, Woo! =D

Karin, Tim, Randy, Kevin, Brianna, Lilly, Becca, Rok, Thomas, Patrick, Stale, Adriann, Markku and Marta, Gustavo, Tijs, Sofie, Bella, Pete , I feel proud and honored to do something together with you guys! <3

Dexter and the team, you guys totally have to listen to this stuff!

P.S.: Be sure to check the booklet as it has tons of work as well and hopefully artworks will make you know better RAFRAG songs.

Grimesy da Offspringfan
05-18-2009, 03:10 PM
My absolute favorite is Half-Truism. The way you guys share the singing part is incredibly mindblowing. I especially loved the girl's voice and singing (sorry, i don't know who you are :o but you have a really great voice)

FellDrake
05-18-2009, 03:13 PM
Karin, Tim, Randy, Kevin, Brianna, Lilly, Becca, Rok, Thomas, Patrick, Stale, Adriann, Markku and Marta, Gustavo, Tijs, Sofie, Bella, Pete , I feel proud and honored to do something together with you guys! <3

Not to forget Andrei a.k.a. Free? for the great work on the booklet! Kudos also to you :)

Free?
05-18-2009, 03:14 PM
My absolute favorite is Half-Truism. The way you guys share the singing part is incredibly mindblowing. I especially loved the girl's voice and singing (sorry, i don't know who you are :o but you have a really great voice)

There are many girls singin ;)

Aww, Patrick is love! <3 ;P``

The Search Button
05-18-2009, 03:19 PM
This album is gonna go multi-platinum!!!

You just need to find some better lyrics.

Who's the illliterate that wrote this?

Tijs
05-18-2009, 03:29 PM
Let's Hear It For Rock Bottom.. oh man.. Randy you're the star of the album.

Gustavo
05-18-2009, 03:44 PM
Whoa! It is so good to see that thw whole thing is done now! :)
Though I didn't help much, I am really glad to be a little part of it all!
I'm downloading the album now and can't wait to hear it!
I'm sorry, but I just can't put it into words how much I feel honoured to be involved and how proud I am of each and everyone of you who spent your respective precious time to support this little project of ours!

Anyways, congrats to all those who supported this project and made it happen!

Andrei, Karin, Tim, Randy, Kevin, Brianna, Lilly, Becca, Rok, Thomas, Patrick, Stale, Adriann, Markku, Marta, Tijs, Sofie, Bella, Pete ... you guys da shit! (Though I don't really know some of you. lol)

Now, next step, Smash! Can't wait to do the vocals for Genocide on this one! ;)

Hypodermic_89
05-18-2009, 03:55 PM
Just awesome. Much better than I expected. We got some real talent here on the Forums. Singers, guitarists, designers (others too, not just me). It's really great to feel the vibe from the Forums when listening to the songs, and for the first time it feels like I REALLY KNOW you people. This was awesome, and I'm glad I was a part of it. A pretty small part compared to the singers and musicians, but a part nonetheless.

This was a great project guys, and I'm looking forward to doing another one with you.

randman21
05-18-2009, 04:05 PM
Wow, I didn't realize that so many of you held off on listening to it. Glad the wait was worth it! And thanks a lot Tijs! It means a lot. :) Now, my fee for producing such aural pleasure is you must make a recording of you saying your name, so I don't have to keep calling you "Tice" in my head. :P

This is one of the proudest moments of my e-life. I'm really happy that I finally joined in at the last minute. My favorites are Half-Truism, Fix You, Takes Me Nowhere (helluva job llamas and Rok), Nothingtown (I still melt when I hear the vocals), Rise and Fall and OC Life.

EDIT: I absolutely have to give a shout-out to all of you who worked on the booklet. I can honestly say that I love it way more than the actual RAFRAG's. I'd like to pick out a favorite, but they're all just so damn good. And the overall design rocks. Great job, you guys.

Llamas
05-18-2009, 05:46 PM
There are three girls singing in that: me, drummerbecca, and lost. :) Half Truism ended up sounding quite cool.

RODNEYMULLEN
05-18-2009, 06:27 PM
I can't even begin to describe how horrible this albums sounds. Did you guys actually think this was good?

Llamas
05-18-2009, 06:36 PM
I can't even begin to describe how horrible this albums sounds. Did you guys actually think this was good?

Way to be a fucking dick. Do you expect amateur musicians to make a studio quality album? It's called doing something creative and artistic and having fun doing it. Nobody who worked on it expected it to sound studio quality, but it doesn't sound HORRIBLE unless you have unrealistic expectations for it. I don't see you doing anything creative or artistic that blows my mind.

_Lost_
05-18-2009, 08:47 PM
i'm down for a fight cuz pay the man is MINE
and my new guitar will sound better its already got stock
# INF3 humbucker neck pickup
# INFS3 single coil mid pickup
# INF4 humbucker bridge pickup

lol. this is definitely a fight you won't win. My guitar beasts. Ask randy about the pickups. I however can do the intro to tkaa very well :p

My favorites are Half-Truism, Fix You, Takes Me Nowhere (helluva job llamas and Rok), Nothingtown (I still melt when I hear the vocals), Rise and Fall and OC Life.
" Ohhh, Ixnay's next? I call Disclaimer, The Meaning of Life, Mota, Me and My Old Lady, Cool to Hate, Leave it Behind, Gone Away, I Choose, Intermission, All I Want, Way Down the Line, Don't Pick it Up, and either Amazed or Change the World. Maybe both.
"
;)

i sincerely hope that this is sarcasm. if not, who shit in your cereal this morning?

randman21
05-18-2009, 09:05 PM
" Ohhh, Ixnay's next? I call Disclaimer, The Meaning of Life, Mota, Me and My Old Lady, Cool to Hate, Leave it Behind, Gone Away, I Choose, Intermission, All I Want, Way Down the Line, Don't Pick it Up, and either Amazed or Change the World. Maybe both.
"
;)

Heh, if you're saying what I think you are, I had the same thought.

RODNEYMULLEN, I'm generally cool with you, but go away. Either that or show us your cover of RAFRAG.

RODNEYMULLEN
05-18-2009, 09:37 PM
Way to be a fucking dick. Do you expect amateur musicians to make a studio quality album? It's called doing something creative and artistic and having fun doing it. Nobody who worked on it expected it to sound studio quality, but it doesn't sound HORRIBLE unless you have unrealistic expectations for it. I don't see you doing anything creative or artistic that blows my mind.

I'm very supportive of amateur musicians, i still consider that to be what i am. But i just hate when people upload videos and audio and shit before they get good at what they play. Take for example the 40 million videos on youtube of people covering music with absolutly no clue what to do. I understand that everybody starts somewhere, but that doesn't mean you have to upload shit every step of the way. On youtube, for every one video of someone covering a song well, there is about 40 other videos of people who can't play instruments yet. People should wait till they are talented before wanting to be recognized.

selfDemanDeD
05-18-2009, 09:41 PM
By the way, who was the drummer, and how were the drums recorded? :)

Anyway, I think I should try and do some sound improvements, if you let me have the unmixed thing. It would be a great experience for me too :) And yes, that's so cool, that you made the whole thing, thank you all very much! Seriously.

"$)" - this was, I don't know, kind of ":cool:" smile :D

Llamas
05-18-2009, 09:41 PM
I'm very supportive of amateur musicians, i still consider that to be what i am. But i just hate when people upload videos and audio and shit before they get good at what they play. Take for example the 40 million videos on youtube of people covering music with absolutly no clue what to do. I understand that everybody starts somewhere, but that doesn't mean you have to upload shit every step of the way. On youtube, for every one video of someone covering a song well, there is about 40 other videos of people who can't play instruments yet. People should wait till they are talented before wanting to be recognized.

This project is NOTHING LIKE uploading a shitty video on youtube. There is a huge difference. Plus, I'm okay with people doing that with youtube because it's a good way to get feedback about things. But again, a bunch of people coming together to work on something together is not even similar to just popping something up on youtube. This was something by offspring fans, for offspring fans. And since it was the first one, you can be sure the next one will be much better.

This wasn't created to be the best thing ever or something amazing; it was something fun that was done with a lot of feeling.

rockbeer
05-18-2009, 10:19 PM
Wow! It turned out great! I really loved Nothingtown, sounds so sweet *___*
who sings it?
And A Lot Like Me is just... The chorus... OMG!
[just didn't quite enjoyed YGGFK vocals 'cuz I can barely hear the voice, sorry]

anyway, all the songs are amazing! congratulations for everybody who did this! you guys rooooock :cool:

Can't wait to see Smash. Wish I'd know how to do anything so I could help... :p

And what the hell is wrong with this RODNEYMULLEN ?

EDIT: OH YAY! My 100th post! I'm a senior member now... LOL ;D

Llamas
05-18-2009, 10:23 PM
I'm listening to it again, and I can't believe RODNEYMULLIN's post. There are several songs on here that I would consider possibly "bad", but a few of the songs on here are very good. Not studio quality, but songs like Half Truism and A Lot Like Me and Rock Bottom sound really good. LET'S HUG IT OUT, RM.

Hypodermic_89
05-19-2009, 12:06 AM

RODNEYMULLEN, I LIKE CAKE. UNICORNS ARE SHINY TOO. We are a community. We come together everyday to discuss shit. Sometimes not even about The Offspring, since threads here have a tendency to off-topic. We're all on this site for the same reason: We love The Offspring. We want to meet other fans. We want to know that there are other people out there who have the same love to The Offspring that you do. We're friends here. We have "game" threads, such as "Select a song" and other ones. And this was a project that could bring all of us together. This took a lot of work, and then you come here saying that we're not good enough? What the fuck did you expect, a top-notch quality album? I think the album was great. Not because of the music or the singing (which I think was great nonetheless), but because it's The Forums. This album represents the vibe and emotion that we put into our posts on this site, and this album represents our love for The Offspring, and our friendship to each other.

So RODNEYMULLEN, consider yourself forever hated by me. If you can't appreciate a huge thing like this, then what the hell CAN you appreciate? PIE IS TASTY.

FellDrake
05-19-2009, 12:59 AM
It's ok Hypodermic_89, no need to get abusive. He doesn't like it, fine with me. Although he could have voiced his opinion in a more productive and nicer way he's free to express what he thinks.
I'm also pretty tired of all those YT-videos showing the tenththousand guy who tries to play on the guitar with the actual song in the background.
But as you put it, this project is something different.
We did it to create something unique and to have fun. There haven't been any restrictions on who could participate since it was meant to be a fun project all along, not a perfect production and so a wide range in quality is predictable.
For me the fact that so many people joined together and really pulled this through says more than the quality of the album. We even had guys who started to play guitar just for this project IIRC and that's frickin cool.
It's like a night with your friends playing SingStar or the like. It may sound horrible and have nothing to do with music at all, but everyone has a good time and that is what really counts.

IamSam
05-19-2009, 01:08 AM
I'm pretty sure he just shouldn't have voiced it. What's that old adage? "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all?" I'm pretty sure that applies here.

That being said:

Holy. Fuck. Holy fucking shit. Fucking shit holy. Shit fucking holy. Holy shit fucking.

Congrats to all of you. The artwork is beautiful. The amount of work put into this is astounding. I congratulate you all on a job well done! Now I'm heading over to the other forum to offer my services! :)

IamSam
05-19-2009, 01:41 AM
PS: "The Forums" is tied for 6th on my Last FM most listened to artist for the week. Kudos again!

jacknife737
05-19-2009, 01:45 AM
Congrats to all of you. The artwork is beautiful. The amount of work put into this is astounding. I congratulate you all on a job well done!

This about sums it all up.

Awesome job, to everyone who participated, this was a really fun project to follow; definitely one of the most interesting things to happen to the BBS!

Edit:

Also, just wanted to say that the art work looks fan-fucking-tastic; i'm amazed at how great it looks!

Jesus
05-19-2009, 02:20 AM
I like prefer a bunch of the artwork over the original artwork.

coke_a_holic
05-19-2009, 02:29 AM
Fun Fact: I'm going to listen to this without ever hearing the original. I don't plan on ever listening to The Offspring's new cd, but I'm so down with this that I've got to check it out.

Hypodermic_89
05-19-2009, 03:09 AM
I don't plan on ever listening to The Offspring's new cd
What why what how who what when oranges? Why? What?

ad8
05-19-2009, 03:18 AM
People should wait till they are talented before wanting to be recognized.
Isn't talent the thing that you're kinda born with? I guess talented people are those who instantly get a record deal because of the way they look or sound without having worked much on it. In my opinion amateur musicians are those who work hard and play music because they like doing it and not because they want to be appreciated by some elitist youtube critics. Why the hell did you bring in youtube anyway? This is a project that took place on this BBS, so why should the result not be posted here? No one even suggested putting this up on Youtube if I remember correctly.

YODAvid
05-19-2009, 03:20 AM
who did the drums for the album?

randman21
05-19-2009, 04:20 AM
who did the drums for the album?
Hehehe, this was sweet. Different people did drums on different songs. It's also in the booklet, if you care to look. :)

My guitar beasts. Ask randy about the pickups.

Oh and...Allin All, you lose! Those pickups are super duper sexy. They defy classification (are they single coils? Are they humbuckers? P90s?) and sound excellent. :P

Rutegard
05-19-2009, 05:17 AM

can't wait to hear that!

and i think the booklet is (in its whole) better than the songs!

no one is talking about the booklet and come on?! THAT BOOKLET IS FUCKING HEAVEN!! (had 3 orgasms by just looking at it - without even paying atention to the details)

Rutegard
05-19-2009, 05:37 AM
and u guys shouldnt be that agressive to those who didnt like it that much ya know?

ppl shouldnt be forced to say that they appreciated something they really dont.

i think it was obvious that some sacrifices had to be done, like: we wont get excelent, brilliant, extremely awesome songs if we let everyone take a part on this. cause its true, some ppl are better and more talented than others. but did we want to have like 12 songs all made by (ex: ) randy? (i wouldnt mind but of course that wasnt the main idea)

but still, its not a big deal if some ppl dont get it! i think the key is to listen to it with low expectations, of course itis not a second RFRG, and considering how it all went together, all the sweat and effort, all the downloads and file downloads, then WOW! :) just WOW!

and i still want to call your attention to the booklet....:)

drummerbecca
05-19-2009, 06:11 AM

Hehe, I guess the 3 of us sound more alike than we thought.

People should wait till they are talented before wanting to be recognized.

I didn't realise this had turned into the search for a record deal. Shit man, I totally sold out!

In all honesty, I could give a flying fuck about RM's opinion. I had fun taking part. I appreciate that not everyone is going to like it, but yeah constructive criticism would've been better.

Rutegard
05-19-2009, 06:17 AM
Hehe, I guess the 3 of us sound more alike that we thought.

but u can totally tell who karin is cause she is the loud one, u can hear her quite well!!

m.offspring.r
05-19-2009, 06:25 AM
but u can totally tell who karin is cause she is the loud one, u can hear her quite well!!

i noticed that...

RonWelty
05-19-2009, 06:51 AM
I think itęs a great ideia. But of course, songs' quality are far from great.

dff_punk
05-19-2009, 06:54 AM
We get it Ron, even the Holy Spirit cannot be better than your beloved Dexter :p

As for the album, I am very stoked to hear it, but my megaupload limit is exceeded.. :o

Free?
05-19-2009, 09:27 AM
We get it Ron, even the Holy Spirit cannot be better than your beloved Dexter :p

As for the album, I am very stoked to hear it, but my megaupload limit is exceeded.. :o

(Not just) for you http://www.sendspace.com/file/olu250 :).

rockbeer
05-19-2009, 09:47 AM
Rutegard, I saw the booklet after I heard the songs 'cuz I was really curious!
But when I saw it, OH MY GOD!
It is just woooooooooooooooonderful! You're really talented with design!

Rutegard
05-19-2009, 09:51 AM
Rutegard, I saw the booklet after I heard the songs 'cuz I was really curious!
But when I saw it, OH MY GOD!
It is just woooooooooooooooonderful! You're really talented with design!

by "you" did u mean "me" or "them"? cause i didnt do nothing :P

i just have good taste :) LOL

Free?
05-19-2009, 09:56 AM
Indeed, Rutegard tastes sweet, kudos to her for advertising the booklet!

In other news, the album has grown on me and it goes even better, I can hear smaller details now and, man, everybody did a great job there, I'm 100% honest.

_Lost_
05-19-2009, 10:10 AM
Wow! It turned out great! I really loved Nothingtown, sounds so sweet *___*
who sings it?
And A Lot Like Me is just... The chorus... OMG!

:o That would be me

Oh and...Allin All, you lose! Those pickups are super duper sexy. They defy classification (are they single coils? Are they humbuckers? P90s?) and sound excellent. :P
Not to mention they were made only that year for that line of guitars.

I'm sorry you guys aren't pleased with the mixing. I had only intended to mix ALLM but I got stuck with damn near the whole album and I've been having some major speaker issues. I tried to remix them right before I posted this thread, but could only fix so much. So fucking lay off!

EDIT: On itunes, if you open the edit info page for the songs, you can apply a vocal booster to the songs that need it. It helps some.

And thanks to those in this thread who are doing a great job of making me feel like shit.

Dragnet
05-19-2009, 11:36 AM
This album is pretty cool. Kudos to everyone involved!
I even prefer the Fix You version over the original. Nice idea to make it a duet.

Little_Miss_1565
05-19-2009, 11:36 AM

You guys, come on. It's the process here that is the real awesome thing. Would it really kill you to be happy for everyone that contributed?

_Lost_
05-19-2009, 11:38 AM
This album is pretty cool. Kudos to everyone involved!
I even prefer the Fix You version over the original. Nice idea to make it a duet.

:D thanks !

Dragnet
05-19-2009, 11:38 AM
Hard to admit, but Little_Miss_1565 is right! :rolleyes:

Oxygene
05-19-2009, 11:40 AM
You guys, come on. It's the process here that is the real awesome thing. Would it really kill you to be happy for everyone that contributed?

Did you just politely say that you don't like it either?

This I've gotta hear

/me goes and downloads it

IamSam
05-19-2009, 11:51 AM

Huntington Beach Studios were all booked up so they had to record from home. Bummer, yes. End result? Amazing.

Little_Miss_1565
05-19-2009, 01:44 PM
Did you just politely say that you don't like it either?

This I've gotta hear

/me goes and downloads it

LOL. To be honest, I haven't listened to it yet -- my hard drive at home is nearly full and this is a huge file, and I can't pull off such a huge download at work. The plan is to clean out a little HD space tonight or tomorrow to make room though! I'm just so happy about this whole project. It has been so cool to watch this go from concept to completion. Lost, you rock.

_Lost_
05-19-2009, 01:48 PM
The plan is to clean out a little HD space tonight or tomorrow to make room though!
I had to do this recently. My HD was getting really full so my computer started to run like crap. I started removing extraneous files and programs and opened up like 50 GB. I was shocked that I had that much excess crap on there

Lost, you rock.

:D :D :D

<3 <3 <3 <3 !!!!

Thanks to everyone who has taken this in the spirit that it was meant! I think its a damn good album and I'm really fucking proud to have been a part of this.

RonWelty
05-19-2009, 02:08 PM

I'm happy. It was a great idea and a proof that this can be a GREAT FORUM. But, let's be honest here, quality isn't very good. But it's not bad too. It's good for what it is. Don't get me wrong please.

ABSTRACT: Fantastic Idea! Goal was achieved.

Fractal
05-19-2009, 02:25 PM
Lol at llamas on Kid, whatta vocals. :D

Lost is absolutely adorable when trying to be angry on HH. :p

Lol at guitar on Nothingtown. :p

Rutegard
05-19-2009, 02:44 PM
Lol at llamas on Kid, whatta vocals. :D

Lost is absolutely adorable when trying to be angry on HH. :p

Lol at guitar on Nothingtown. :p

is it llamas on kid?!?!

Fractal
05-19-2009, 02:49 PM
is it llamas on kid?!?!
It says so in the booklet.

Les Paul Girl rocks. Your style of singing is great.

Lost, cool vocals on OC Life.

_Lost_
05-19-2009, 03:18 PM
is it llamas on kid?!?!

yeah its her.

Tijs
05-19-2009, 03:32 PM
Wow, I didn't realize that so many of you held off on listening to it. Glad the wait was worth it! And thanks a lot Tijs! It means a lot. :) Now, my fee for producing such aural pleasure is you must make a recording of you saying your name, so I don't have to keep calling you "Tice" in my head. :PHaha, I sort of promised Rutegard the same thing a while ago.. alright, I'll see if I can record that this week then :)

Rutegard
05-19-2009, 03:34 PM
yeah its her.

oh...it does not sound like her!

Haha, I sort of promised Rutegard the same thing a while ago.. alright, I'll see if I can record that this week then :)

yeah yeah yeah, i still remember :)

Fractal
05-19-2009, 03:51 PM
H-T - very well done. 4 vocals work great.
TIY - guitar roasts well. :D Interesting vocals.
Kid - freaky middle ages chipmunk opera vocals. :D It's very bad in general.
HH - good in general. Vocals aren't suitable for you but still fun to listen.
ALLM - bizzare moods, I love it. Fascinating. Great vocals at some parts. Unlike HH, this suits you.
TMN - 2 singing cats. Very well forged soft feeble voices. :D
Kristy - You guys should have made a duet to make it more interesting. Needs moar female vocals.
NT - Bad in general. Needs moar people. I lol'd at the guitar towards the end. Very empty and unfinished song.
SIMU - Vocals rock. Your style of singing adds a lot to the song.
FY - OK. The way it's done is good but execution could be better.
LHIFRB - Good.
R&F - I dig your style of singing.
OC Life - Cool vocals. Very good in general.

Take it easy. I've had so much fun listening and reviewing. Nice artwork.

IamSam
05-19-2009, 04:01 PM
See...I actually like the unfinished sound of Nothingtown. Sounds like a kid sitting in his basement complaining. Which is perfect for the song.

RonWelty
05-19-2009, 04:17 PM
IF you don't accept any CONSTRUCTIVE critic like the last one made by Fractal, why do you want reviews?

Ryder1234
05-19-2009, 04:34 PM
I'm quite pleased that people actually like nothingtown, i was assuming it was karin's vox that made people like it, but the fact that people like the guitar too :)

i cant stand the guitar in it.

big thanks to everyone who helped make this work, was probably the funnest thing i've been a part of on this bbs. cept that part where i dissapeared from the forums for a few months. but im very satisfied with how it turned out.

Llamas
05-19-2009, 04:41 PM
Apparently HAU hates me voice :P JERK!

is it llamas on kid?!?!

I sang the third verse and background vocals in general. The verses went Randy, becca, me, karin.

05-19-2009, 04:54 PM
@_Lost_
didn't i mention some DiMarzio pick ups
specifically they are
Neck Pickup: DiMarzio Air Norton Humbucker
Middle Pickup: DiMarzio True Velvet Single-Coil
Bridge Pickup: DiMarzio Tone Zone Humbucker

and are people talking shit about the cover cuz i thought it kicked ass
specially let's hear it for rock bottom
how many kbps were used in most of the songs

05-19-2009, 04:58 PM
I had to do this recently. My HD was getting really full so my computer started to run like crap. I started removing extraneous files and programs and opened up like 50 GB. I was shocked that I had that much excess crap on there

how much space does your computer have in total
mine i was surprised that my documents page took like 53gb in total+
it's cuz of all the movies and programs i download from TPB

KHWHD
05-19-2009, 05:05 PM
I downloaded it, and will listen to it tonight. :D

Rutegard
05-19-2009, 05:25 PM
I sang the third verse and background vocals in general. The verses went Randy, becca, me, karin.

i know that! :)

but i didnt know it was u doing the YGGFK one! lol thought it was i'llbewaiting

Free?
05-19-2009, 05:28 PM
IF you don't accept any CONSTRUCTIVE critic like the last one made by Fractal, why do you want reviews?
None was complaining (okay, not accepting) about his CONSTRUCTIVE critics, where did you get that from? IamSam's post? eh...

I think you're talking about Half-Truism and Rutegard didn't recognize you on YGGFK. :P And it sounded totally like you, I really can't see how Ana was surprised there.

Edit: Okay, I see now. :) But anyway, Teff's singing manner was closer to Les Paul Girl's than to llamas, it's a shame that she couldn't manage to record vocals in time :(.

Llamas
05-19-2009, 05:31 PM
i know that! :)

but i didnt know it was u doing the YGGFK one! lol thought it was i'llbewaiting

None was complaining (okay, not accepting) about his CONSTRUCTIVE critics, where did you get that from? IamSam's post? eh...

I think you're talking about Half-Truism and Rutegard didn't recognize you on YGGFK. :P And it sounded totally like you, I really can't see how Ana was surprised there.

Whoops. I totally confused the two songs.

And yeah, it's me. I'm gonna upload a different mix of the song because my vocals sound really bad there :( Unfortunately I don't have Karin's background vocals for it, though.

Rutegard
05-19-2009, 05:35 PM
Whoops. I totally confused the two songs.

And yeah, it's me. I'm gonna upload a different mix of the song because my vocals sound really bad there :( Unfortunately I don't have Karin's background vocals for it, though.

ahh no prob :P
well they dont sound really bad but ive seen u doing way better than that :P yeah! :)

drummerbecca
05-19-2009, 05:38 PM

No it didn't. It went Randy, Karin, You then Me.

Free?
05-19-2009, 05:41 PM
Haha. At least you girls did not confuse your own voices with Randy's. :D

Rutegard
05-19-2009, 05:43 PM
Haha. At least you girls did not confuse your own voices with Randy's. :D

lol im glad they did not :P
some ppl just made a lil confusion between karin and becca i guess...

Llamas
05-19-2009, 05:43 PM
No it didn't. It went Randy, Karin, You then Me.

wtf?? I need to hear Karin confirm this, cause I was certain she told me she and I were singing in the second half.

Rutegard
05-19-2009, 05:46 PM
wtf?? I need to hear Karin confirm this, cause I was certain she told me she and I were singing in the second half.

y dont u just hear? :P

drummerbecca
05-19-2009, 05:46 PM

Ummm, nope. That's definitely me singing after you.

Free?
05-19-2009, 05:53 PM
One is for envy
And one just for spite
The cuts in my heart
They show in your eyes
Don’t make it better
The twisting knife
Turns all by itself
Move on to someone else -----------------^ Randy

Your self-liberation -----------------------\/ Karin
Will leave this behind
Beyond slings and arrows
That rain on our minds
You’ll make it better
Shake it off
It never mattered anyway

If we don’t make it alive ------------------\/all together
Well it’s a hell of a good day to die
All our light that shines strong
Only lasts for so long

And it’s ashes to ashes again
Should we even try to pretend?
All our light that shines strong
Only lasts for so long

The banner you’re waving --------------------\/llamas
Is burning and red
It’s blocking the sunlight
That shines overhead
You against the world
Diamonds and pearls
Voices inside you churn
Watch the city burn

Your own liberation -----------------------\/Becca
Will leave them behind
All the slings and arrows
That rain on your mind
Don’t make it better
Break it cause
It never mattered anyway

Right? But I have to say that I TOTALLY heard Karin's voice in the second part of second verse until now.

The album sounds so much better in headphones btw!

Rutegard
05-19-2009, 05:55 PM
Right? But I have to say that I TOTALLY heard Karin's voice in the second part of second verse until now.

thats because beccas voice kicks ass and is as girly as karins (but sounds better - to me)

drummerbecca
05-19-2009, 05:56 PM
You've got it right, Free? All except the bit about the second part of the second verse.

Free?
05-19-2009, 05:57 PM
thats because beccas voice kicks ass and is as girly as karins

Ah, that's why my ass hurts every time I finish listening to the album.
:)

Rutegard
05-19-2009, 06:06 PM
Ah, that's why my ass hurts every time I finish listening to the album.
:)

LOL :D

too bad she didnt sing more than that...

Llamas
05-19-2009, 06:07 PM
(11:30:39 PM) DivergentJourney: you are singing in the second verse, right?
(11:30:42 PM) lostnvrfound13: no
(11:30:43 PM) DivergentJourney: (lol)

I'm so confused. I believe you, though, Becca. You and her sound very similar to me, haha.

Rutegard
05-19-2009, 06:09 PM

I'm so confused. I believe you, though, Becca. You and her sound very similar to me, haha.

this is the most fucking awesome thing i have ever seen here :D

drummerbecca
05-19-2009, 06:13 PM

The question isn't worded too well though :p. On the basis that it goes 'verse 1 - chorus - verse 2 - chorus' etc - that answer is right, because Karin sang in verse 1, not verse 2.

Rutegard
05-19-2009, 06:14 PM
The question isn't worded too well though. On the basis that it goes 'verse 1 - chorus - verse 2 - chorus' etc - that answer is right, because Karin sang in verse 1, not verse 2.

yeah :)

got that conclusion on msn lol

brianna, its becca!

KHWHD
05-19-2009, 07:58 PM
I think almost the entire album sounded amazing. Only one I didn't like was YYGF,K's vocals. Sounded too muffled like whoever it was singing was singing into a tin can or something. I give the album a 4.5/5 though.

Well done to all. A lot of hard work put into this. I'm sure everyone involved would make The Offspring proud! Nice job.

_Lost_
05-19-2009, 08:28 PM
lol. he wasn't even a part of this. Fractal's criticism was quite polite and I'm not offended in the least.

@_Lost_
didn't i mention some DiMarzio pick ups
specifically they are
Neck Pickup: DiMarzio Air Norton Humbucker
Middle Pickup: DiMarzio True Velvet Single-Coil
Bridge Pickup: DiMarzio Tone Zone Humbucker
DiMarzio is overrated

Nope. Me and Randy in the first verse. You and Becca in the second half.

rockbeer
05-19-2009, 09:51 PM
by "you" did u mean "me" or "them"? cause i didnt do nothing :P

i just have good taste :) LOL

them, and you just for reminding me to look at the booklet art :D

Fractal
05-19-2009, 11:50 PM
HIHI!

Your voice might be ok, it seemed a bit high for you or you don't sound high very well.

I'm gonna upload a different mix of the song because my vocals sound really bad there :(
I don't think it's gonna help but I'm open for another bunch of lols. :D

Ryder1234
05-19-2009, 11:57 PM
DiMarzio is overrated

:( I have a DiMarzio in my RG

Oxygene
05-20-2009, 01:41 AM
Here's some constructive critisism:

The effort is great, I do however feel that it was too much of a democracy and a free for all.. there is a reason good producers are sought after, if there is no real production some shit that really shouldn't be left in is. That's what happened here. I do however applaud the effort...

And before anyone tries to say something stupid and meaningless:

Here is how I cover a song:
http://www.4shared.com/file/74015953/4e61e88d/Punk__Ska_Covers_-__-_Moonlight_Shadow.html

Dragnet
05-20-2009, 02:33 AM
This was a fun project! If you want to listen to the songs in high quality, listen to the original record.

Free?
05-20-2009, 03:53 AM

The effort is great, I do however feel that it was too much of a democracy and a free for all.. there is a reason good producers are sought after, if there is no real production some shit that really shouldn't be left in is. That's what happened here. I do however applaud the effort...

http://www.4shared.com/file/74015953/4e61e88d/Punk__Ska_Covers_-__-_Moonlight_Shadow.html

First of all I have to say that was a good point, yes, you're right. But I have to put some clearances.

It's a shame that you didn't offer your hand in album mastering then. :P Also, you're kinda professional! Did you record your cover over internet with guys who you never met in real life and who probably just picked up an instrument and learning to play it?

Too much democracy? Heh, it wasn't really a tough choice - to aim for a qualitative result and let only few 'pro's to record the whole thing or to let everyone in and mess around. Also, it was a long process, it wasn't like there are 20 guys who want to participate and 10 of them are pro's, other 10 - amateurs and we have to decide who should be accepted and who shouldn't to begin with. We welcomed everyone. Hell!, there were sooo many times when we needed more enthusiasts who could help us but there were no any. We went through it all. Only Dexter's post brought some wider attention to the thread and finally some of you started to take us seriously (btw big thanks to all the supporters that were hanging around! \o/).

To think about it, when I started that thread back then I couldn't even imagine that it will take that long, it was planned as a simple (read one-song-per-user) compilation (collaboration was very much welcome, but it's scale just exceeded all my wildest expectations), so huge respect to those who actually took it THAT seriously and put some major effort in polishing the record . Lost literally carried this child through all these times, her, Tim and Kevin were like the only major contributors in the beginning (we were even joking about "RAFRAG covered by Lost and Static"). It's not quite fair to overlook all of that and to throw, even constructive, criticism so easily as some folks did. If you didn't participate, you most likely can't imagine how bitchy, fun and awesome it was. It's a really great accomplishment.

The only thing that I would change is those few songs that are louder than the rest (because I have to stop jumping around and put the volume higher/lower xD)

Now that I brought a bit of our history, will you still repeat what you said about 'some shit that really shouldn't be left'?

FellDrake
05-20-2009, 04:30 AM

Once again: It was not about producing a perfect album, it was about bringing the Forum together to have fun and record some Offspring songs.
If we had wanted to do it professionally we could only have used memberss from the beginning that share ALL of the points below:

Know how to play an instrument
Know how to play said instrument good enough to record
Have the ability to record the instrument properly (i.e. using PC-Preamps or (good!) Mics on the amps/drums/vocs)
Know how to use recording software and also own them (Cubase, Sonar etc.)

If we wanted to do it that way there would have been maybe 2 guys left to do the whole album...

Oxygene
05-20-2009, 04:53 AM
First of all I have to say that was a good point, yes, you're right. But I have to put some clearances.

It's a shame that you didn't offer your hand in album mastering then. :P Also, you're kinda professional! Did you record your cover over internet with guys who you never met in real life and who probably just picked up an instrument and learning to play it?

Too much democracy? Heh, it wasn't really a tough choice - to aim for a qualitative result and let only few 'pro's to record the whole thing or to let everyone in and mess around. Also, it was a long process, it wasn't like there are 20 guys who want to participate and 10 of them are pro's, other 10 - amateurs and we have to decide who should be accepted and who shouldn't to begin with. We welcomed everyone. Hell!, there were sooo many times when we needed more enthusiasts who could help us but there were no any. We went through it all. Only Dexter's post brought some wider attention to the thread and finally some of you started to take us seriously (btw big thanks to all the supporters that were hanging around! \o/).

To think about it, when I started that thread back then I couldn't even imagine that it will take that long, it was planned as a simple (read one-song-per-user) compilation (collaboration was very much welcome, but it's scale just exceeded all my wildest expectations), so huge respect to those who actually took it THAT seriously and put some major effort in polishing the record . Lost literally carried this child through all these times, her, Tim and Kevin were like the only major contributors in the beginning (we were even joking about "RAFRAG covered by Lost and Static"). It's not quite fair to overlook all of that and to throw, even constructive, criticism so easily as some folks did. If you didn't participate, you most likely can't imagine how bitchy, fun and awesome it was. It's a really great accomplishment.

The only thing that I would change is those few songs that are louder than the rest (because I have to stop jumping around and put the volume higher/lower xD)

Now that I brought a bit of our history, will you still repeat what you said about 'some shit that really shouldn't be left'?

By shit I didn't mean "shitty unprofessional parts" but stuff that doesn't belong in concept. the execution is as is.. the only reason I posted my cover is 'cause I wanted to avoid the whole bullshit of "you don't know what you're saying", "if you think you can do better" bla bla bla.

I enjoyed, and the execution was ok, the recording is obviously poor, but I think the whole thing could've been better. Same people. Same knowledge. Same recording equipment. Same sound. But with a concept.

That's all I said.. shit wasn't a qualitative adjective, it was a reference to parts.

I did offer to participate I think somehwere - maybe I didn't I don't know, although I remember offering and noone said "hey why not?". So um... that's not even true. And it isn't the mastering that's needed here it's producing.. it's saying "that whining part on that song sounds like someone's trying to pull out a dead hedgehog out of your asshole.. let's try it with more energy" shit like that...

Free?
05-20-2009, 05:23 AM
You did offer to do vocals (as some others after Dexter's visit) and all the parts were taken by then, but not mastering or producing.
I'm not sure about what kind of concept we could add there, well I can imagine it could be done in a professional recording studio with everyone meeting there and working together, but not as a bunch of enthusiasts from different places around the world.
Also I'm sure that Karin did her best as a producer as well.

What a nice polite convo we have here :).

Oxygene
05-20-2009, 05:28 AM
You did offer to do vocals (as some others after Dexter's visit) and all the parts were taken by then, but not mastering or producing.
I'm not sure about what kind of concept we could add there, well I can imagine it could be done in a professional recording studio with everyone meeting there and working together, but not as a bunch of enthusiasts from different places around the world.
Also I'm sure that Karin did her best as a producer as well.

What a nice polite convo we have here :).

Yeah being a vocalist and not a producer I offered to do vocals not produce. I'm sure it was quite the shock for everyone :)
The concept is taking out stuff that doesn't belong or would work better differently, it needs no professional recording studio, it needs effort and someone to oversee it and take charge (preferably someone who knows what their doing). That's all.

Free?
05-20-2009, 05:34 AM
Okay, are you willing to be a producer for the Smash? :P
I would, but I realized during RAFRAG covering that I'm a total pussy with no guts when it comes to pushing / commanding people here. :o

EDIT:

Yeah being a vocalist and not a producer I offered to do vocals not produce. I'm sure it was quite the shock for everyone :)
haha, do you think we have any producers on the boards? :) :)

The Search Button
05-20-2009, 05:37 AM
Hey, does anybody need Bob Rock phone number?

Since we are at it, what about Dexter's phone number too?

This is supposed to be raw, right?

tru' punx!!1!

Dragnet
05-20-2009, 05:41 AM
Yeah the number is 555-LOUDNESSWARIHASIT

drummerbecca
05-20-2009, 06:51 AM
Okay, are you willing to be a producer for the Smash? :P

I'm doing it. I asked further back in this thread.

Rutegard
05-20-2009, 06:54 AM
them, and you just for reminding me to look at the booklet art :D

yay :) ** .........

Oxygene
05-20-2009, 10:12 AM

wouldn't wanna step on the toes of a hot therapy? fan british drummer chick now would I

I could contribute lead vocals to some tracks if need be. I suck at backup harmonies :)

_Lost_
05-20-2009, 10:15 AM
:( I have a DiMarzio in my RG
I'm not saying they are bad pick ups or anything like that. They just aren't always the best. They've just kind of become an industry standard. I like my stock pickups better than any DiMarzios I've come across.

it's saying "that whining part on that song sounds like someone's trying to pull out a dead hedgehog out of your asshole.. let's try it with more energy" shit like that...
Just for the record, you have no idea how much stuff I had people rerecord. Its not all in the thread because I worked through PMs and stuff. I didn't have a chance with some of the last minute stuff because I set a deadline to get this shit done. It had been too drawn out.

But I did a lot more of that than you think. Tim even re-recorded Kristy, but I ended up liking the original better. The second was better quality, but it lacked the heart that the first one had.

You asked about mastering it. I'm sure I'll still end up piping in a producer sort of way. I'm very opinionated like that.

EDIT: Becca, you'll probably want someone to help with the mixing along the way. It gets to be overwhelming very quickly.

I went through my iTunes removing all those tracks cause I was trying to clear up some HD space. It was more than 200 tracks just for this album. Not to mention the 100+ versions of the 7 songs that I mixed totally on my own for people to record to and then early mixings that I later when back and edited over and over and over.

dff_punk
05-20-2009, 11:36 AM
At track 8 right now, so far I really like what I hear. I can literally hear all the effort you guys put into it, also the enthusiasm. Looking forward to more albums covered by "The Forums", hopefully I will participate at some point too :) Only YGGFK seemed kinda outta place a bit, but it is still good. Complex review coming soon. Also, who is singing on Kristy? Is is Tim? I dig your voice, nonetheless.

EDIT: I sooo fucking love the vocal work on Fix You. I wish I could have a list which girl/boy is singing which part.. Wonderful.

EDIT II: Lol, is that Randy on Rock Bottom? He sounds almost like Dexter in the beginning. Kudos to that.

EDIT III: The vocals on Rice And Fall are fucking greatsome, but the dude playing guitar should have tuned it properly :p

Llamas
05-20-2009, 12:03 PM
Oxy makes good suggestions, but the fact of the matter is that it is just so hard to do it to that level when the contributors live all over the world.

However, I think a lot of people are taking the criticism too harshly. Nothing anyone has said about the album is untrue (well, RODNEYMULLIN's comments were uncalled for). I thank everyone for the constructive criticism! It's awesome that you people have listened to it and said something other than the same old "WOW IT SOUNDS GREAT GUYS."

And HAU, you are definitely right about my voice not being suited for higher pitched singing. I may actually try redoing it an octave lower. That range is more comfortable for me - I'm a bona fide ALTO and I'm proud of it! But the lower range also sounds more manly ;)

I'm gonna do SOMETHING about it, though, cause there's overwhelming agreement that it's the worst track on the album, heh.

Oxygene
05-20-2009, 12:14 PM
Oxy makes good suggestions, but the fact of the matter is that it is just so hard to do it to that level when the contributors live all over the world.

It's true, but I think it's worth putting the time and effort into it, because you get better results with the same circumstances.
But that's the last time I constructively criticize, next time Ill just be an asshole :)

drummerbecca
05-20-2009, 12:27 PM
Ok, so it wasn't in this thread...

Karin, I just read in the other thread that you've been having issues getting mixing done because of speaker problems and stuff. Seriously, can I give it a shot? If I suck I'll let someone else do it but I'd really like to give it a go.

I definitely asked about mixing, not mastering, reason being that my uni course is audio production, and it would give me a bit of experience. I just think it'd be good to have a different set of ears doing it this time, and I have all the time in the world to do it. Having 2 people doing it is pointless, because things will just get fired back and forth and changed all the time, and it'd be good to give someone else a chance.

wouldn't wanna step on the toes of a hot therapy? fan british drummer chick now would I

Sorry Oxy, wasn't snapping at you.

Oxygene
05-20-2009, 12:35 PM
Sorry Oxy, wasn't snapping at you.

/me knows.. producing and mixing are different stories but they are closely intertwined.

Llamas
05-20-2009, 12:40 PM
I vote for becca! DOWN WITH THE MAN!

drummerbecca
05-20-2009, 12:43 PM
/me knows.. producing and mixing are different stories but they are closely intertwined.

Yeah, I know. I'm no expert, but I'm studying it so I've grasped the basics.
Karin, if you want to do it then go ahead. There's no point in 2 people doing it. It'd be counter productive. Too many cooks and all that...

dff_punk
05-20-2009, 12:47 PM
C'mon guys. I just complimented your work and you are arguing about basically nothing.

Rooster
05-20-2009, 12:50 PM
I'm glad i could participate in this.

I'm not sure if i'll be participating when you'll be covering other albums, though, i have really a lot of work to do right now for my band... Just wait untill july and you'll know why :p

_Lost_
05-20-2009, 01:03 PM
Yeah, I know. I'm no expert, but I'm studying it so I've grasped the basics.
Karin, if you want to do it then go ahead. There's no point in 2 people doing it. It'd be counter productive. Too many cooks and all that...

lol. I don't want to have anything to do with the mixing. All I'm saying is that I'll probably be listening to most of the tracks as the come up. Making sure they sound alright and such.

Jesus
05-20-2009, 01:09 PM
Fractal is HAU? Welcome back!

C'mon guys. I just complimented your work and you are arguing about basically nothing.

This forum has always been in a permanent state of menopause.

ad8
05-20-2009, 01:46 PM
Sorry for getting off-topic, but

You say hello... and he said goodbye (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf2S7kKLtEQ)
:D
Or should I rather post the link to gone away?:rolleyes:

Oxygene
05-20-2009, 02:16 PM

Welcome back my ass.. that racist fuck.

edit: already banned.. thank you :)

randman21
05-20-2009, 03:42 PM
Haha, I'm finding it harder to accept criticism for this than with my own music. Still, keep it coming.

It's true, but I think it's worth putting the time and effort into it, because you get better results with the same circumstances.

...It took us longer to do this than it did the Offspring.

Oxygene
05-21-2009, 01:52 AM
...It took us longer to do this than it did the Offspring.

Well in all fairnesss they didn't produce it themselves.. that was probably a good idea :)

Free?
05-21-2009, 04:35 AM
At track 8 right now, so far I really like what I hear. I can literally hear all the effort you guys put into it, also the enthusiasm. Looking forward to more albums covered by "The Forums", hopefully I will participate at some point too :) Only YGGFK seemed kinda outta place a bit, but it is still good. Complex review coming soon. Also, who is singing on Kristy? Is is Tim? I dig your voice, nonetheless.

EDIT: I sooo fucking love the vocal work on Fix You. I wish I could have a list which girl/boy is singing which part.. Wonderful.

EDIT II: Lol, is that Randy on Rock Bottom? He sounds almost like Dexter in the beginning. Kudos to that.

EDIT III: The vocals on Rice And Fall are fucking greatsome, but the dude playing guitar should have tuned it properly :p

Most answers you can find in the booklet. \o/
Also if you knew Superdope a bit closer, you'd totally knew that his guitar in RaF sounded exactly like he wanted.

randman21
05-21-2009, 04:42 AM
Did no one notice the laugh in Rock Bottom? :(

Free?
05-21-2009, 04:49 AM

Yes it's there. Blends perfectly, not screaming out for noticing, just as it should be :).

drummerbecca
05-21-2009, 04:53 AM

Hehe, I deliberately listened for that laugh the first time I listened to Rock Bottom :p

randman21
05-21-2009, 05:00 AM
not screaming out for noticing
Guess I kinda ruined that by asking, but thanks! :D

Hehe, I deliberately listened for that laugh the first time I listened to Rock Bottom :p
lol! This is why we're cool. I totally would have done the same thing. :P

Ryder1234
05-21-2009, 09:19 AM
heh, i heard it too, but for a few moments before, i forgot i was listening to the cover and it didn't really register. then i realized it was our cover and i though "ohey wait!" :D

randman21
05-21-2009, 03:50 PM
Haha, awesome Kev. I was hoping that would happen with someone.

_Lost_
05-22-2009, 01:26 PM

I had totally forgotten about the laugh in the orginal rock bottom until i saw this.

<3 <3

_Lost_
07-14-2009, 09:17 AM
In case anyone wants it:

http://www.savefile.com/files/2153551

I remixed a song or two, replaced a couple with the old versions, and normalized the whole thing so the volume is equal throughout. This is the whole album without artwork or anything like that. It sounds loads better. Enjoy! :D

m.offspring.r
07-14-2009, 09:19 AM
Thanks Thanks.

Free?
07-14-2009, 10:01 AM
Hey, that's very nice of you, Karin! Downloading it.

_Lost_
07-14-2009, 01:00 PM
no problem. i was mostly doing it for a little peace of mind. hopefully the offspring will be getting a copy tonight. :D

Rutegard
07-14-2009, 01:08 PM
which ones did u change?

Free?
07-14-2009, 01:09 PM
I'm listening to it right now, ALLM atm. And I'm fucking impressed with a fantastic job you did! It blends MUCH better, the quality isn't even comparable to what it was, fucking professionally done! Have you re-recorded the vox for Trust In You? Hammerhead intro is much smoother. YGGFK takes you inside the bag with llamas so you can hear it better ;P.

Everyone, download this, really worthy. I insist! http://www.savefile.com/files/2153551

_Lost_
07-14-2009, 01:10 PM
allm, fix you, simu

and then i made them all equal volume so you don't have to constantly adjust the speakers/headphone level

Rutegard
07-14-2009, 01:13 PM
allm, fix you, simu

and then i made them all equal volume so you don't have to constantly adjust the speakers/headphone level

good job gal

_Lost_
07-14-2009, 01:38 PM
oh yeah, i attempted to amplify llamas's voice in yggfk too.

yeah allm definitely sounded better the first time i mixed it. when my speakers broke, everything sounded different so i thought they needed fixing but then i broke them.

Gustavo
07-14-2009, 01:59 PM
This sounds amazing, _Lost_!
Much better than the former version.
Congrats!

SMASHedTHEignition
07-14-2009, 10:41 PM
man i wanna hear it but its stil dwnloadin :D

_Lost_
07-15-2009, 09:01 AM
Randy and I gave the cd with the artwork to the Aussie guy. He told us he'd give it to them. They couldn't come out themselves because they had to catch their flight to Florida. Then he commented to me about how its unfortunate because they really love meeting their board members and that he'll be sure to give it to them.

:D:D:D:D

Free?
07-15-2009, 09:10 AM
http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr149/therunawayfromdangerman/greenmile.jpg

randman21
07-15-2009, 09:50 AM
:D:D:D:D

I liked that guy.

I also like what you did there, Free?. :P

_Lost_
07-15-2009, 10:01 AM
he seems like good people.

Little_Miss_1565
07-15-2009, 12:50 PM
Scotty? He struck me as the sort of guy you would want to know has your back. Solid dude.

I said this in the other thread, but I think it was super sweet of you to make them a physical version of the covers project.

_Lost_
07-15-2009, 10:44 PM
I've just gotta say that I've listened to this thing from beginning to end tonight and I'm damn proud of everyone who had a hand in this. Its so much more amazing than I expected. A couple of the songs I like better than the originals. I'm gonna listen to it again now. Hopefully Smash Covered By Us will be just as awesome. I've got some ideas for Gotta Get Away and Self Esteem that I'm hoping I can bring to fruition to make these songs more of our own.

Sheck0
07-16-2009, 06:22 PM
Damn I should've started posting on this forum a lot sooner. Although the vocals take a bit getting used to, this is a pretty cool thing overall. Lord knows if I were to attempt singing I would just embarrass myself (Doesn't stop me though >_>).

Ryder1234
08-28-2009, 11:25 PM
As I'm too lazy to wait the 3 days until Savefile is up and running again (and in case everything got deleted or something), could you re up the "fixed" version of the CD on megaupload preferably, or something similar? (or anyone else?).

Free?
08-29-2009, 03:43 AM
Here you go: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U6FFKECO

Gustavo
08-29-2009, 05:42 AM
You can also download it here: http://www.theoffspringsite.com/wp/en/rafrag-covered-by-us/

Ryder1234
09-02-2009, 12:50 PM