PDA

View Full Version : Comments about Offspring T-shirts

KHWHD
05-19-2009, 09:15 PM
Have any of you had complete strangers make strange/nice comments about any of your Offspring t-shirts? If so, what did they say?

Last Wed. I had to go to the Health Card place to re-new my youngest daughters Health Card. I was wearing my Red, Ixnay On The Hombre shirt. There were 2 women sitting at the desk. The first chick says, "Oooh, I like your shirt!" Then the second one says, "You need an appointment in order to re-new Health Cards." I'm thinking, "Huh?!" Anyway, I got it re-newed without having an appointment. Part of me thinks that it was re-newed because of my shirt. Scored!

Then today we were out to eat and one of the waitresses says to me, "I'm not your waitress but I wanted to ask you if that's part of a song on your shirt?" I said that it was. Then she asked me, "What's the name of the song?" I said, "Bad Habit." She then said thanks a lot and walked away with a huge smile on her face. I was wearing the Grey, "Stupid, Dumbshit, Goddamn, Motherfucker - Bad Habit" shirt. I actually have 2 different ones, the other is Black with a different pic. on the front.

I've also had a few comments about my coat too. :cool:

andrewdewald
05-19-2009, 11:01 PM
I bet the waitress just asked because those words epitomize how she feels about the mean and rude people that eat where she works.

I know that's how I felt about the people who were rude for no reason when I worked at a restaurant. :D

sneedo83
05-19-2009, 11:37 PM
what do the shit is fucked up tour shirts look like?

mrs_hollandova
05-20-2009, 12:44 AM
another story about your personal life hidden behind Offspring stuff...

IamSam
05-20-2009, 01:28 AM
Yes I have received comments about my single scrubby Offspring shirt. It's unprofessional.

Offspring.of.Offspring
05-20-2009, 01:34 AM
Yes I have received comments about my single scrubby Offspring shirt. It's unprofessional. Haha, me too. I have such a t-shirt too. It costed me 15 euros and it's grey and in red it says: THE OFFSPRING in the splinter font. I use it for gymnastics at school, and yesterday I had to play rugby against a chick and she ripped the neck part :(.

Budzy
05-20-2009, 01:35 AM
Haha, me too. I have such a t-shirt too. It costed me 15 euros and it's grey and in red it says: THE OFFSPRING in the splinter font. I use it for gymnastics at school, and yesterday I had to play rugby against a chick and she ripped the neck part :(.

So did you rip apart her neck afterwards?

Offspring.of.Offspring
05-20-2009, 01:39 AM
So did you rip apart her neck afterwards?
well.. duh :p

Alison
05-20-2009, 03:16 AM
Back when my Offspring tshirt still fit me, someone asked me "who are The Offspring?". They had never even heard of Pretty Fly. :confused:

Also, one time in Irish college, one of the teacher people was asking me do I like The Offspring (durr, I was wearing their t-shirt), although it was all in irish, which was pretty funny. "Cad é an albaim is fearr leat as The Offspring?"

randman21
05-20-2009, 03:27 AM
what do the shit is fucked up tour shirts look like?
I saw three of them and they all look pretty cool. I'm no good at details, but there was a brown one with a skeletons or something on the front. I believe that was the one that actually says "Shit Is Fucked Up Tour" on it. The others do not.

I have only gotten comments about my grey bad habit shirt. One from Dexter, "Cool, old school shirt," and one from some random girl at a club, "Offspriiiiing. That's pretty old school. Nice." Heh, apparently, Offspring is old school.

Free?
05-20-2009, 03:28 AM
I would laugh my ass off if I'd see Shank with her Bad Habit shirt on :D. I don't know, maybe people over the ocean are much more open, but here I can't even remember some middle age lady wearing something cocky like that.

The story I remember was in my friend's summerhouse. Well, it's basically a village, we were walking around and met a very old mister redneck (like 75-85 years old) with a duck and he complimented my Co1 shirt when he saw the Original Prankster artwork on my back. "What a boy with a screw" he said. Man, it was funneh!

Also sometimes random people on rock gigs compliment The Offspring when they see what I'm wearing.

Jojan
05-20-2009, 03:32 AM
"Du är en avkomma!", someone said to me.

randman21
05-20-2009, 04:29 AM
One of the best things about
The Offspring and their shirts,
is they have always been priced right.

If I am going to wear it and advertise,
$17.99 for a concert shirt is the right price,
and that is why I have so many of them : )
Heh, a head's up...they are 30 bucks now.

Alison
05-20-2009, 05:44 AM
I typed "shit is fucked up offspring shirt" into google images and a picture of some fucking siamese twins came up! that shit is fucked up.

drummerbecca
05-20-2009, 05:46 AM
really? at the shows, they are $30.00?
oh well : (

Anyone have any pix of shirts for the shows?

Then, it seems that, the Dropkick Murphys are the
last ones still selling properly priced shirts.

We all know how much it costs to make a shirt,
and that is why I like bands who selll them correctly.

I was just looking at "THE STORE" and they still
have the $17.99 shirts, better get em while the gettin is good.

Just curious - why do you type like that?

randman21
05-20-2009, 05:55 AM
Just curious - why do you type like that?
Haha, I was just gonna ask that! I think it's kinda cool, jp. Like you're always singing.

KHWHD
05-20-2009, 06:36 AM
I would laugh my ass off if I'd see Shank with her Bad Habit shirt on :D. I don't know, maybe people over the ocean are much more open, but here I can't even remember some middle age lady wearing something cocky like that.

Middle aged? I didn't realize that 34 was middle aged. I thought 50 was. Yikes.

randman21
05-20-2009, 06:39 AM
jpstoner, also, why do you keep deleting all your posts?

Middle aged? I didn't realize that 34 was middle aged. I thought 50 was. Yikes.
Haha, I meant to point that out. You're so not middle-aged.

KHWHD
05-20-2009, 06:55 AM
jpstoner, also, why do you keep deleting all your posts?

Haha, I meant to point that out. You're so not middle-aged.

I don't think I've seen one of his yet in this thread.

LOL, thanks Randy. :cool:

Omni
05-20-2009, 07:58 PM
I kind of grew out of wearing band shirts. I have one of Cinematic Sunrise, and you can't even really tell it's a band shirt, so I still wear it sometimes. I'd buy an Offspring shirt to wear to their concerts, but the closest show they ever put on is in Dallas, which is 350 miles away. And I never can either find anyone to roadtrip with me thanks to scheduling.

Cock Joke
05-20-2009, 09:22 PM
I was at the mall wearing this crazy tshirt with cartoons of the offspring on it. These 2 ppl were like "dude what the fuck is he wearing?" roflmaololol

Offspring-Junkie
05-20-2009, 11:56 PM
Well, strangers never talked to me because of my T-shirts. Once someone asked me if I was on an offspring gig, that had been past back then. I said no, because I didn't take part on that gig. But friends and classmates often talked to me because of my shirts. "How many of them do you have?", "I've never seen anyone with that much Offspring stuff.", blah, blah. As I stopped wearing Offspring stuff some friends asked "Where's your offspring shirt?", "That's the first time I've seen you without any offspring stuff!" and so on.

come out swinging
05-21-2009, 12:32 PM
im buying a few shirts on 7.10! One of them better have the words "SHit is Fucked up Tour".:D

Dexter_italy
05-21-2009, 12:45 PM
Usually peple ask me what does "stupid dumbshit goddam motherfucker" mean when I wear my Offspring t-shirt :D

Oh and about t-shirts check out these if you want to :)
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37816

Tomasisko
06-02-2009, 04:15 AM
ok here's the thing. I want this t-shirt http://k1.stylefeeder.com/thumb/07/86/0786f99b45d37c415f7e844bb919fef7b194fb80-200.jpg

I can't buy it, so I am going to make it, but I need this picture with red skeleton. I already bought black t-shirt, so I need just this picture in good quality. Someone who can help me? :)

randman21
06-02-2009, 04:25 AM
Unrelated, but cool! They have the 1995 version of their Self-Titled album.

Tomasisko
06-02-2009, 04:30 AM
Unrelated, but cool! They have the 1995 version of their Self-Titled album.

I can create new thread if it helps :p

randman21
06-02-2009, 04:44 AM
I can create new thread if it helps :p
Hehehe, sure. :D

They have some pretty good stuff on the site.

Tomasisko
06-02-2009, 05:05 AM
Hehehe, sure. :D

They have some pretty good stuff on the site.

but they don't have this t-shirt on the site. And it will be problem to send this t-shirt to Slovakia. And it will be also too expensive

_Way_Down_the_Line_
06-02-2009, 08:26 AM
when people here in argentina see me with my Conspiracy of One T-shirt if they recognize it they just yell at me: " EEEEEE OOOOFSPRINGGG ! " that's all xD

KHWHD
08-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Oh jeez.

Today I went out with my sister, my nephew and my 2 daughters. I was wearing my black Bad Habit shirt and holy shit. We were sitting at McD's and there was this older couple (probably in their 70's) sitting behind me about 10 feet away. My sister could see them as she was sitting on the other side of me. Anyway, she could overhear them talking about my shirt (they could see it cause, as I said my back was towards them) and *GET THIS* telling other people in the restaurant about it. I kept turning around looking at them, but kept my mouth shut.

They were about to leave and my sis (she has a tendency of having a big yap) speaks up and asks her what was she looking at (in a rude manner.) She goes on to say look at the swearing on her shirt, you have kids, other people can see it - blah, blah, blah. I told her my kids and my nephew can't read (they're 1, 2, and 3.) She says, oh it doesn't matter - OTHER PEOPLE CAN! She was livid - but my sister was even more furious than she was. HOLY SHIT. It was one of those - I wish I had it on video. It was like road rage but (get the pun?) restaurant rage. My sister bitched her out something fierce and said, "HAVE YOURSELF A NICE DAY!" The woman stormed out, (get this) telling complete strangers about my shirt!! I'm like are you fucking kidding me? As we were leaving Walmart (McD's is in Walmart) we saw her sitting down on a bench and she saw us again (:rolleyes:) and said the same thing to my sister, "HAVE YOURSELF A WONDERFUL DAY!" Oh my God. My sister was more pissed than I was.

I guess no more wearing either of my Bad Habit shirts out when I have my kids anymore. :rolleyes: :(

Oxygene
08-08-2009, 10:46 PM
Oh jeez.

Today I went out with my sister, my nephew and my 2 daughters. I was wearing my black Bad Habit shirt and holy shit. We were sitting at McD's and there was this older couple (probably in their 70's) sitting behind me about 10 feet away. My sister could see them as she was sitting on the other side of me. Anyway, she could overhear them talking about my shirt (they could see it cause, as I said my back was towards them) and *GET THIS* telling other people in the restaurant about it. I kept turning around looking at them, but kept my mouth shut.

They were about to leave and my sis (she has a tendency of having a big yap) speaks up and asks her what was she looking at (in a rude manner.) She goes on to say look at the swearing on her shirt, you have kids, other people can see it - blah, blah, blah. I told her my kids and my nephew can't read (they're 1, 2, and 3.) She says, oh it doesn't matter - OTHER PEOPLE CAN! She was livid - but my sister was even more furious than she was. HOLY SHIT. It was one of those - I wish I had it on video. It was like road rage but (get the pun?) restaurant rage. My sister bitched her out something fierce and said, "HAVE YOURSELF A NICE DAY!" The woman stormed out, (get this) telling complete strangers about my shirt!! I'm like are you fucking kidding me? As we were leaving Walmart (McD's is in Walmart) we saw her sitting down on a bench and she saw us again (:rolleyes:) and said the same thing to my sister, "HAVE YOURSELF A WONDERFUL DAY!" Oh my God. My sister was more pissed than I was.

I guess no more wearing either of my Bad Habit shirts out when I have my kids anymore. :rolleyes: :(

You should've said, you don't shelter your kids from reality, so they'll grow up to be healthy minded individuals, who will be able to deal with real shit, and not retarded mindless conservatives who grab a gun and go apeshit and massacre fuck loads of people... what do you have against that?

Little_Miss_1565
08-09-2009, 04:19 AM
Am I the only one confused why there's controversy people were shocked by a line put on a shirt clearly intended to shock? You might as well complain people stare when you dye your hair blue. You know? Of course it happened. What did you really expect?

KHWHD
08-09-2009, 05:14 AM
It's a shirt, clearly not that Sarah.

dexter12296566
08-09-2009, 08:26 AM
I was walking to the store and this guy on a bike stopped me and told me about how he loved Offspring but hadn't heard them in like ten years

LuisAh
08-09-2009, 09:42 AM

I have only gotten comments about my grey bad habit shirt. One from Dexter, "Cool, old school shirt," and one from some random girl at a club, "Offspriiiiing. That's pretty old school. Nice." Heh, apparently, Offspring is old school.

Apparantly it is! I got 'Offspirng? that's old school.. ' a couple of times too.

Little_Miss_1565
08-09-2009, 10:36 AM
It's a shirt, clearly not that Sarah.

Come on, Shank. Don't front. It's a shirt with a long string of expletives, and no grown person should be surprised at comments about it in public. Wear it out with whomever, but don't say you weren't expecting the reactions.

IamSam
08-09-2009, 10:56 AM
Right. You were shocked that people took offense to "stupid dumbshit goddamn motherfucker" why and how? Of course people draw offense to it and are shocked by it. Especially the elderly. Good God.

Rutegard
08-09-2009, 11:13 AM
Right. You were shocked that people took offense to "stupid dumbshit goddamn motherfucker" why and how? Of course people draw offense to it and are shocked by it. Especially the elderly. Good God.

i cant honestly believe she didnt see it coming.....

randman21
08-09-2009, 11:16 AM
Heh, and this is exactly why I don't wear the shirt unless I have another shirt that buttons up over it. I don't necessarily think you should stop wearing it, though, Shank.

Drafan
08-09-2009, 11:22 AM
Here where I live, young people mostly know that such a band exist, but that´s all what they can say.

jacknife737
08-09-2009, 11:24 AM
Heh, and this is exactly why I don't wear the shirt unless I have another shirt that buttons up over it.

Same here, although i tend to wear less band shirts these days.

tayluhhx3
08-09-2009, 11:26 AM
i have the shirt from this tour that says "shit is fucked up" in pink on the front. i haven't gotten much compliments, but everyone of my friends, and my parents have said "you can't wear that to school."
but i know i will anyway. my hair mostly covers it up! :)

randman21
08-09-2009, 11:29 AM
Is it that really really awesome colorful shirt I saw at the merch booth? I wanted to get it, but nah.

Rag Doll
08-09-2009, 11:39 AM
Yeah, you have to expect shit like this. I live in a fairly conservative town, so I just *know* I'll get a shitstorm for going to a supermarket wearing an "i still hate george bush" t-shirt, or something similar. Will I still do it? Sometimes. Do I just deal? Yes. I cannot fathom how this was a surprising situation.

Jesus
08-09-2009, 11:58 AM
Wait, there was a couple in their 70s in MCDonald's? Poor dude or dudette that had to take their order.

Reminds of the time when we were in Rome (vatican city) with high school and one of my friends had to hurry in the morning so he just picked the first shirt he could find. It was his bad religion shirt (the one with the cross). Had no problem getting into everything, while girls with short tops weren't allowed into St. Peter's. The catholic church, blasphemy is fine, but indecency no no. Or maybe it was just lack of italian work ethic.

Oxygene
08-09-2009, 12:05 PM
Wait, there was a couple in their 70s in MCDonald's? Poor dude or dudette that had to take their order.

Reminds of the time when we were in Rome (vatican city) with high school and one of my friends had to hurry in the morning so he just picked the first shirt he could find. It was his bad religion shirt (the one with the cross). Had no problem getting into everything, while girls with short tops weren't allowed into St. Peter's. The catholic church, blasphemy is fine, but indecency no no. Or maybe it was just lack of italian work ethic.

It's not like it is in Europe Jesus.. they know how to order since they went to mickey Ds in their teen years as well.. in Europe you can't really see old people in McD although my great grandma really liked her big mac well over 100 years old too :)

Free?
08-09-2009, 12:26 PM

Haha, maybe they didn't pay much attention to the image; still funny.

Harleyquiiinn
08-09-2009, 12:27 PM
It's not like it is in Europe Jesus.. they know how to order since they went to mickey Ds in their teen years as well.. in Europe you can't really see old people in McD although my great grandma really liked her big mac well over 100 years old too :)

Ah you have a cool grandma. Mine watches the Simpsons :cool:

I don't have any T shirt from the Offspring but a friend of mine used to wear one pretty often and the comment from other people would always be the same: "Offspring ? man, this band sucks since Americana"... of course, most of them never listened the other albums... but since when do you have to know to criticize something, right ? :rolleyes:

Also, that same friend had a Local H T-shirt (way back in highschool...) that said "FUCK YOU" in the back... he was expelled from our english class once, wearing that T-Shirt... he didn't realize but he took his things slowly with his back straight at the teacher... eventhough he was american, somehow, he never had really good grades in that class after that time...

nameless
08-09-2009, 02:22 PM
ive only had one comment about an offspring shirt, i was being served an ice cream and the kid serving me said he liked my shirt! anyway, thats about as exciting as it got!

Sheck0
08-09-2009, 03:22 PM
I mostly have people randomly yell "Hey, Offspring!" at me whenever I wear one of my shirts, nothing more really. Although the guy at the booth when I went to see them last month commented on how young they looked in my one t-shirt my friend was wearing (It was this white one that had the whole band with Dexter giving the middle finger in the front). Oh and for whoever wanted to see pics of The Shit is Fucked Up tour t-shirts, this is the one I got:

Front -
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o63/Sheck0/012.jpg

Back -
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o63/Sheck0/013.jpg

KHWHD
08-09-2009, 05:06 PM
I mostly have people randomly yell "Hey, Offspring!" at me whenever I wear one of my shirts, nothing more really. Although the guy at the booth when I went to see them last month commented on how young they looked in my one t-shirt my friend was wearing (It was this white one that had the whole band with Dexter giving the middle finger in the front). Oh and for whoever wanted to see pics of The Shit is Fucked Up tour t-shirts, this is the one I got:

Front -
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o63/Sheck0/012.jpg

Back -
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o63/Sheck0/013.jpg

I bought that one and the one that has the angel on the front too. The screen printing on both shirts are really shitty. Just look at the T, K and T on the front. It's pathetic how rushed these shirts were printed. Mine's the exact same too.

I've had a few people say, "hey, I like your shirt." Or your coat. And they were all "younger" kids (in their early teens.)

IamSam
08-09-2009, 05:57 PM
Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure the Ts and Ks are supposed to look like that.

KHWHD
08-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure the Ts and Ks are supposed to look like that.

I don't think so. Seeing the actual shirt is different than the pic. The ink wasn't dried when they took it off the pallet before putting it into the dryer. Those letters are smeared.

KyleW
08-09-2009, 06:10 PM
I think I've had about 5 comments in total whilst wearing my CO1 tour t-shirt. Only two of which I can remember in any detail. After coming out of a local gig I bent down to tie my shoe and a guy leaning against a wall started humming Million Miles Away. I looked over and he smiled (not in a pedo or gay way but in a 'yeah you get me' kinda way).

And then once in London I met this American dad and son who started chatting to me about them. They were all like 'Oh, The Offspring, They're from Orange County right?' Good times :D

Also, whenever I walk past people in Offspring stuff Ic ompliment them too, normally just a 'Hey, nice shirt' but it always goes down well.

jacknife737
08-09-2009, 06:21 PM

Yeah, that was my assumption.

Little_Miss_1565
08-10-2009, 08:41 AM
I don't think so. Seeing the actual shirt is different than the pic. The ink wasn't dried when they took it off the pallet before putting it into the dryer. Those letters are smeared.

If you look, the letters are smeared in the exact same way. Compare the two Ts. It's the font they used, not the screen printing.

SelfEsteem94
08-10-2009, 02:15 PM
i was at some flea market wearing my Shit is Fucked Up Tour t-shirt,
and there was some lady who worked at a little punk section of the market,
i wasnt there, but she noticed me walking around in my Offspring shirt,
which led her to ask me if i was a punk,
then she showed me her badass punk music section of the flea market.

SelfEsteem94
08-10-2009, 02:18 PM
The screen printing on both shirts are really shitty. Just look at the T, K and T on the front. It's pathetic how rushed these shirts were printed.
the T and K are meant to look like that,
it supposed to look like spray paint and stencils were used to write the letters.

Jesus
08-11-2009, 12:47 AM
Of course it's meant to look like that. It's the DIY, spray paint style, or just totally awesome.

Since an official photo/pic says way more than any of the words of the posters above me =p:
http://shitisfuckedup.com/images/sifu.jpg

_Lost_
08-11-2009, 01:54 AM
I'm no good at details, but there was a brown one with a skeletons or something on the front. I believe that was the one that actually says "Shit Is Fucked Up Tour" on it. The others do not.

The brown one is the one i got. Its skeleton angels. no dirty words for this shirt. The one that has the tour name is the black one with the hammerhead art on it. I also got the one you got with the red flaming skull and "the offspring" in white.

Oh and for whoever wanted to see pics of The Shit is Fucked Up tour t-shirts, this is the one I got:

Randy this is the one you are thinking of

lol. Terry, these shirts are better quality than most I've seen at any concert (including my $40 van halen shirt). The smears were intentional... clearly since they all look exactly the same. This font is (intentionally) fucked up. ya ya ya ya ya

And seriously? How many times have people been indignant about your bad habit shirts being worn around your daughter and such? And you are still surprised every time?

KHWHD
08-11-2009, 06:24 AM
lol. Terri, these shirts are better quality than most I've seen at any concert (including my $40 van halen shirt). The smears were intentional... clearly since they all look exactly the same. This font is (intentionally) fucked up. ya ya ya ya ya

And seriously? How many times have people been indignant about your bad habit shirts being worn around your daughter and such? And you are still surprised every time?

If you have the angel one, you need to take a better look at it then. It's hard to print red/white over black because it's so much darker.

I never said I was surprised. This woman went nuts. I've had other comments about the shirt, but nothing like this.

_Lost_
08-11-2009, 11:15 PM
I have the angel one, the black one with the flaming skull on the front with The Offspring and nothing on the back, and I got my boyfriend the black one that you are talking about for my boyfriend. The smears on the letters are definitely the font type. You see the same smears in digital images from tour promo stuff.

Human
08-12-2009, 12:48 AM
I was wearing one of their new tour shirts. The black one with the RAFRAG logo on the front & the offspring written on it. I was on a ski lift at the county fair with my friend, and we saw a guy with an Offspring shirt across the way, and we started yelling our commentary about their concert at each other until we couldn't hear it anymore. xD

SelfEsteem94
09-20-2009, 12:15 AM
i couldnt really find another place to post this,
but theres this kickass shirt i saw at one of those Hot Topics.
i really hate the store,
but this shirt is awesome:
http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Apparel/TShirts/BandTees/The-Offspring-Between-the-Eyes-SlimFit-TShirt-939225.jsp

randman21
09-20-2009, 04:48 AM
^That t-shirt is sick. I always stop in Hot Topic when I go to the mall, but I never buy anything. That will change.
------

Two dudes at a party.

Guy 1: Dude, what are you doing with that Offspring shirt on? You're black. Check out this guy's Offspring shirt.
Guy 2: That is a badass shirt, though. I want one.
Guy1: Yeah, me too.

I was wearing the tour shirt with the angel on the front. Mind you, I knew these guys from high school, so I wasn't offended or anything.

Castormut
09-20-2009, 05:51 AM
I've got this one:

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/2153/p1010354h.jpg

(back)

gala
09-20-2009, 06:31 AM
Once I was on holyday in france, i was wearing my Co1 t-shit and a child told me (in French) something like - you have the head of a dead man on your t-shirt aaaaaaaaaaahhhh, and then ran away...