PDA

View Full Version : Two questions for people that have gone to the tour..

g00d0let0m
05-20-2009, 08:52 AM
Are there tour shirts for this tour and if there are do they look nice, and based on the 3 places they have been does the setlist change up some?

timthemooseman
05-20-2009, 12:04 PM
i second those questions, as I'm seeing them tonight! I'm pumped :)

nameless
05-20-2009, 03:27 PM
they have sold tour t-shirts at every show ive been to so i dont see the new tour being any different! in terms of the set list, they used to change a couple of songs each night but mainly it will probably be the tried and tested set!

SuperKnux
05-20-2009, 03:45 PM
I was at the Austin, TX show last night and this is what I will tell you:

Tour Shirts/Merch
I wanted to take a photo of the merch booth to show ya'll everything they had, but the booth was small in a way that I couldnt take a picture because the people handing them out would be in the way. However, there are about 3 different "Tour Shirts." (There could be a possible 4th, but I don't remember for sure.)

Two of those tour shirts are black with red.
1. One has the "Rise and Fall Angel" like the album cover, and features the tour dates on the back.

2. The other black/red has the "Half-Truism" artwork on the front (all in red, mind you) and the back has a picture of a huge gasmask. This is also the only shirt that says "Shit Is Fucked Up Tour" on the bottom of the front. The back of the shirt does not have have the dates, but has the cities they are hitting up. This is the shirt I bought. I can take a photo of it you'd like.

3. The last tour shirt is a nice dark-brown one. It's very general with the artwork and has both the cities and dates on the back. Like the first shirt I mentioned it also says, "The Offspring: Summer Tour 2009" on the top.

Other than those three tour shirts the rest were general Offy shirts that you can find in the online store. (The Bad Habit Explict shirt is there, but in a "flesh tone" color.) Also, a Gringo Bandito shirt is avaliable too.

Oh, and before I forget I think I saw a hoodie but it was honestly not very interesting with the artwork. (Come to think of it, that same hoodie can be purchased in the online merch store.) I believe the prices for all the shirts are $30 and the Gringo Bandito shirt is $25. $35 for XXL.

As for your second question, the set list was a bit longer from the festivel ones. "A Lot Like Me", "Have You Ever" followed by "Staring At The Sun" were added, but it is roughly the same outline. I don't know why people are so pissy that "Gotta Get Away" isn't on the list, but.. that is what you can expect.

Olive
05-20-2009, 03:51 PM
I think they should play,

Have You Ever
Bad Habit
Shit Is Fucked Up
Gotta Get Away
Tehran
Jeniffer Lost the War
Pretty Fly
YGGFK
Gone Away
Kick Him When He's Down
Forever And a Day
Smash
Come out and Play

And all the other songs...

Outerspaceman21
05-20-2009, 06:19 PM
What sizes are the shirts?

g00d0let0m
05-20-2009, 07:07 PM

Tour Shirts/Merch
I wanted to take a photo of the merch booth to show ya'll everything they had, but the booth was small in a way that I couldnt take a picture because the people handing them out would be in the way. However, there are about 3 different "Tour Shirts." (There could be a possible 4th, but I don't remember for sure.)

1. One has the "Rise and Fall Angel" like the album cover, and features the tour dates on the back.

2. The other black/red has the "Half-Truism" artwork on the front (all in red, mind you) and the back has a picture of a huge gasmask. This is also the only shirt that says "Shit Is Fucked Up Tour" on the bottom of the front. The back of the shirt does not have have the dates, but has the cities they are hitting up. This is the shirt I bought. I can take a photo of it you'd like.

3. The last tour shirt is a nice dark-brown one. It's very general with the artwork and has both the cities and dates on the back. Like the first shirt I mentioned it also says, "The Offspring: Summer Tour 2009" on the top.

Other than those three tour shirts the rest were general Offy shirts that you can find in the online store. (The Bad Habit Explict shirt is there, but in a "flesh tone" color.) Also, a Gringo Bandito shirt is avaliable too.

Oh, and before I forget I think I saw a hoodie but it was honestly not very interesting with the artwork. (Come to think of it, that same hoodie can be purchased in the online merch store.) I believe the prices for all the shirts are $30 and the Gringo Bandito shirt is $25. $35 for XXL.

As for your second question, the set list was a bit longer from the festivel ones. "A Lot Like Me", "Have You Ever" followed by "Staring At The Sun" were added, but it is roughly the same outline. I don't know why people are so pissy that "Gotta Get Away" isn't on the list, but.. that is what you can expect.

If you could get me a picture of the one you bought front/back that would be awsome! and thanks alot for the information

dff_punk
05-21-2009, 06:40 AM
They tossed out guitar picks to the crowd, with offspring-ish artwork on it.

gimmegum
05-23-2009, 10:06 AM
Went to the Kansas City show last night! Woo-Hooo!!! I saw 2 different t's with "shit is f*cked up" (sorry Grandma). They seemed to have enough of each size to keep up with demand. I thought they were definitely priced reasonably enough, compared to what I've had to pay at other shows. As far as the set list- I was toooo into the show,but reading others posts, I think it's more of a wich order are they gonna play 'em in question. "Bad Habit" was still 2nd, and I'm pretty sure "Hammerhead" was #3. After that, I was hypnotized by the AWESOMENESS!!! I've NEVER heard so many people know the words AND sing along. VERY POWERFUL STUFF!!! "Gone away" on piano just puts that much more emotion in the air! (Pull your heart out, THEN THROW IT IN THE BLENDER). It was AWESOME!!!

Phil594
05-25-2009, 01:42 PM

Tour Shirts/Merch

Yeah..I want to see the pic of T-shirt #2.

SuperKnux
05-27-2009, 07:27 PM
Sorry for the wait gang, here are pictures of shirt #2:

Front
http://superknux.googlepages.com/OffyShirtFront.JPG

Back
http://superknux.googlepages.com/OffyShirtBack.JPG

I will be going to the Las Vegas show on the 30th and plan on buying the dark/brown one so I can take a shot of that one once I get it. Unless someone beats me to it.

jonbb11
05-27-2009, 07:42 PM
I don't know why people are so pissy that "Gotta Get Away" isn't on the list, but.. that is what you can expect.

uuuhhhh its just a favorite song of mine, and has been played on every Offspring tour since I can remember. not that big of a deal... just kind of surprised

SuperKnux
05-27-2009, 07:49 PM
Well, according to the Sioux City and Rapid City Media Thread (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37853) "Gotta Get Away" has been played on this tour.

So that's pretty cool to know that they are changing up their set a bit. :D