PDA

View Full Version : The SHAVING thread

findout5
05-20-2009, 02:24 PM
Due to all the fuss about it, here's a thread just for discussing waxing and shaving, etc.
You can talk about your experiences. Your hairy (or shaved) style, pubic and non-pubic!

Also, this is for girls and boys! Everyone is included! So step right up and Let's hear it for shaved bottom :D

Oxygene
05-20-2009, 02:41 PM
Hahaha.. girls can pretend they're equal all they want, but they still can't discuss shaving with out feeling uneasy :)

(that being said I think of my self as somewhat of a feminist - ie: I agree this world would be a better place if run by women, and men suck with all their posing and testosterone driven mindless bullshit)

I've tried waxing my armpits for myself and sustained permenant damage, so I've kindof gotten off waxing.. I'm scared of it. I shave my face (obviously...) and I use this veet cream on my armpits or like one of those buzz cutters, good for managing the beard as well, they're pretty handy all over if you don't wanna go for the whole hairless look.

I do tweezer the hair out of the bottom of my feet tho... :cool:

Bipolar Bear
05-20-2009, 03:32 PM
Hahaha.. girls can pretend they're equal all they want, but they still can't discuss shaving with out feeling uneasy :)

(that being said I think of my self as somewhat of a feminist - ie: I agree this world would be a better place if run by women, and men suck with all their posing and testosterone driven mindless bullshit)

I've tried waxing my armpits for myself and sustained permenant damage, so I've kindof gotten off waxing.. I'm scared of it. I shave my face (obviously...) and I use this veet cream on my armpits or like one of those buzz cutters, good for managing the beard as well, they're pretty handy all over if you don't wanna go for the whole hairless look.

I do tweezer the hair out of the bottom of my feet tho... :cool:

You sound gay (ESPECIALLY PARAGRAPH 2)

findout5
05-20-2009, 03:45 PM
I guess I should also talk about waxing and shit! Besides the chest/tummy experience I posted on the Photo thread, I've trimmed my armpits with a hairtrimmer, and I also do my pubic parts the same way (cos it looks bigger and everyone seems to like more - and by everyone I mean just 2 people...one of them being me!) LOL

Ocasionally I do weird shit with my beard. I grew it for 2 weeks and the other day I took it off, but did a lot of weird looking trimmings before doing it...and also took pictures...really cool!

Cock Joke
05-20-2009, 04:12 PM
I shave Sunday-Wednesday nights, and then take breaks Thursday-Saturdays. That's about it for me.

Ninty Man
05-20-2009, 04:31 PM
I shave my face almost every day, but just the cheeks.

I have a beard

come out swinging
05-20-2009, 08:41 PM
I shaved a few hrs ago cuz of work.:) I use a Gillette Fusion. I never use shaving cream. Only warm water. I shave about 2-3 a week and take bout 15 min cuz of a chin curtain beard. I never had a better shave till i used a fusion. Good investment if you like to get a close shave and know how to use the single blade. It kinda hard at first to do a chin curtain beard because of both sides have to be equal and stuff but after a while its second nature.

_Lost_
05-20-2009, 09:46 PM
I think it was Ricky who told me he watched at video not too long ago that informed him that he had been shaving wrong for seven years.

I personally am not a big fan of the whole hairless thing... on ANYONE. There are just some parts that are supposed to have hair.

randman21
05-20-2009, 10:14 PM
I am not a naturally hairy person, which I'm endlessly thankful for. I have like no hair on my chest, stomach or back (but do people usually shave that anyway?). Heh, I shave my head every 3-4 months, and my face about every two weeks.

RickyCrack
05-20-2009, 11:39 PM
i like to use a razor.

sup ninth?

XYlophonetreeZ
05-20-2009, 11:46 PM
My facial hair grows pretty fast because I am just a testosterone filled beast. I don't look half bad with facial hair, but I cannot stand the way it feels. So I'm a bit of a compulsive shaver. I would do it every day, but I get razor burn, so I have to do it every other day.

Omni
05-20-2009, 11:58 PM
I never use shaving cream. Only warm water.

Jesus Christ.

RickyCrack
05-21-2009, 12:59 AM
don't worry, he'll hit puberty and then he'll grow real hair.

Oxygene
05-21-2009, 01:54 AM
You sound gay (ESPECIALLY PARAGRAPH 2)

it's called hygiene.. you should consider it some day :)

Oxygene
05-21-2009, 02:00 AM
I shaved a few hrs ago cuz of work.:) I use a Gillette Fusion. I never use shaving cream. Only warm water. I shave about 2-3 a week and take bout 15 min cuz of a chin curtain beard. I never had a better shave till i used a fusion. Good investment if you like to get a close shave and know how to use the single blade. It kinda hard at first to do a chin curtain beard because of both sides have to be equal and stuff but after a while its second nature.

My facial hair grows pretty fast because I am just a testosterone filled beast. I don't look half bad with facial hair, but I cannot stand the way it feels. So I'm a bit of a compulsive shaver. I would do it every day, but I get razor burn, so I have to do it every other day.

Fusion rocks, I used to use a Mach3, I'm really picky about that shit, 'cause my skin can't really handle shaving, esp not if I do it too often. So I can shave only about 2x per week.. if for some reason I have to do it more, 2 years ago for xmas I got this 4 piece facial care shaving kit from my cusin from body shop, and that stops the razor burn. I can't handle if my facial hair gets too long, it fucking itches if I don't shave for like more than 5 days, it blows.

I fucking hate shaving for some reason tho...

Lost: how can you do it wrong btw?

ad8
05-21-2009, 02:45 AM
Um... I guess I saved all my testosterone for the right part of my body:D
And:

I've trimmed my armpits with a hairtrimmer, and I also do my pubic parts the same way (cos it looks bigger and everyone seems to like more - and by everyone I mean just 2 people...one of them being me!) LOL
Waxing, anyone?:D

Budzy
05-21-2009, 03:07 AM
I was watching the news this morning (don't tell anyone or I'll get bullied at school) and they showed something called a Brazilion Nose Job where they shove this icy-pole stick with green shit on the end of it up your nostril and wax your nose hair.

drummerbecca
05-21-2009, 03:39 AM
Waxing, anyone?:D

Armpits? No, no and even more no. If anyone has even so much as considered it, just no. I tried it once and I've never experienced pain like that in my life. I was actually bleeding.

randman21
05-21-2009, 03:42 AM
I'd imagine that the Brazilian Nose Waxing thing would be more painful. *shudders*

Free?
05-21-2009, 03:45 AM
Shaving - yes, waxing - no. I didn't really do any waxing other than I had a leg trauma, removing of a bandage had the same effect. Owowowie.
In good news, I'm not much of a monkey. I shave twice per week at most, well face it is. Other parts - I shave even less often, but it always is great fun :D.

RageAndLov
05-21-2009, 05:28 AM
I shave once a week because I'm lazy. It takes much time to do it!
It's like, you can shave thre or four times a week and use 10-15 mins each time, or you can shave once a week and use 25 mins or somthing one single time.
So 15 x 4 = one hour in a week, or 25 x 1 = 25 minutes in a week.

Bottom line is, I'm lazy.

Tizzalicious
05-21-2009, 05:37 AM
Waxing is overrated. I tried it a few times, my legs didn't get smoother than when I shave, I was red all over (which stayed for days) and you have to wait until the hair grows long enough before you can do it again. So you end up being hairy for a while again. No thanks. I'd rather just do a quick shave every morning (with a Venus razor) and be done with it without pain and weird red spots.

mrs_hollandova
05-21-2009, 05:53 AM
Ooo NO, not thread like this :eek: :p :D

Oxygene
05-21-2009, 06:09 AM
Ooo NO, not thread like this :eek: :p :D

Why? What do you shave? Or what don't you shave? =)

ad8
05-21-2009, 06:12 AM
Thanks to whoever put that "Pedophile Beards" tag in there:D

mrs_hollandova
05-21-2009, 06:13 AM
All I wanna say is that I hate hairy men!!!

Oxygene
05-21-2009, 06:15 AM
All I wanna say is that I hate hairy men!!!

So you shave your hairy men...? :)

mrs_hollandova
05-21-2009, 06:16 AM
So you shave your hairy men...? :)

what? I would never touch hairy man :D

drummerbecca
05-21-2009, 06:18 AM
I used to hate hairy men, but I've grown to appreciate them now :p
I don't like beards though. I can handle hair anywhere else but facial hair for me is generally a no-no. 0.1% of the time, I'll put up with it.

findout5
05-21-2009, 07:17 AM
Hairy men must be nice to sleep with in winter time, if you're a girl of course!

mrs_hollandova: do you shave? do you wax? Gotta share the habits with us, girl! :p

Rag Doll
05-21-2009, 08:01 AM
Waxing is overrated. I tried it a few times, my legs didn't get smoother than when I shave, I was red all over (which stayed for days) and you have to wait until the hair grows long enough before you can do it again. So you end up being hairy for a while again. No thanks. I'd rather just do a quick shave every morning (with a Venus razor) and be done with it without pain and weird red spots.

same. i have the same problems with epilators. all red and yuck looking for days.

Bipolar Bear
05-21-2009, 08:51 AM
it's called hygiene.. you should consider it some day :)

I do, lol. When you started being a feminist and saying women were better than men even though you're a guy, forgive me for finding it weird. You also sounded like you took off every hair as soon as it sprouted, was weird.

I'm pretty hairy for my age (it started early). I don't wax but would rather shave. I shave my stomach and chest about once every 1 or 2 weeks, and shave my face every other day. As for arm pits, I have never even consider shaving them, maybe it's just me but I don't have a problem with it on guys. My back isn't hairy yet, fortunately, but that is one place I'd get waxed (not like you really have a choice anyway, shaving there is tricky). My legs I don't shave, and my privates yes. That's about it.

Tizzalicious
05-21-2009, 08:56 AM
same. i have the same problems with epilators. all red and yuck looking for days.

Oh yes, epilators are even worse. What a waste of money. (And pain)

Oxygene
05-21-2009, 09:09 AM
I do, lol. When you started being a feminist and saying women were better than men even though you're a guy, forgive me for finding it weird. You also sounded like you took off every hair as soon as it sprouted, was weird.

I'm pretty hairy for my age (it started early). I don't wax but would rather shave. I shave my stomach and chest about once every 1 or 2 weeks, and shave my face every other day. As for arm pits, I have never even consider shaving them, maybe it's just me but I don't have a problem with it on guys. My back isn't hairy yet, fortunately, but that is one place I'd get waxed (not like you really have a choice anyway, shaving there is tricky). My legs I don't shave, and my privates yes. That's about it.

Nope I don't... the reason I went into detail is to avoid the whole sexist debate.. women still can't talk about shaving their pussy. That was the point... I guess.

Bipolar Bear
05-21-2009, 09:15 AM
Nope I don't... the reason I went into detail is to avoid the whole sexist debate.. women still can't talk about shaving their pussy. That was the point... I guess.

Alright, my bad.

rockbeer
05-21-2009, 09:53 AM
My mom does waxing, she also makes homemade 'natural' wax with lemon juice and sugar, it's so good. It's doesn't hurt so bad.
But still, I shave my legs, because really, there's no difference between shaving and waxing legs.
Everything else is waxed.

What about eyebrows? I'm a psycho for eyebrows, every once and a while I end up with a fucked up one, 'cause I'm addicted to take it off. Sometimes I fuck up both... Anyway, I love eyebrows.

Alison
05-21-2009, 09:56 AM
I've never done anything to my eyebrows, I'm lucky they're not bushes, because I'm too damn lazy.

I've never tried waxing...just shaving. I don't like the thought of pain.

Rutegard
05-21-2009, 11:18 AM
i'd say that wax is the way for everything everywhere, but sometimes, considering the circunstances and your humble location or your health status or just your mood or even the necessity of it! lol, then just fucking shave it!

findout5
05-21-2009, 11:25 AM
A lot of times I have jammed nails and have to take out like half of a nail (it hurts, yes), and before doing it, I now shave my feet - cos when they remove the sticky band-aid thingy it really hurts to have the little hair ripped from my toe! Just a little more useless trivia for you all! :) One day, I'm gonna do a thread on embarassing sex moments...I got quite a few :)

mrs_hollandova
05-21-2009, 11:40 AM
A lot of times I have jammed nails and have to take out like half of a nail (it hurts, yes), and before doing it, I now shave my feet - cos when they remove the sticky band-aid thingy it really hurts to have the little hair ripped from my toe! Just a little more useless trivia for you all! :) One day, I'm gonna do a thread on embarassing sex moments...I got quite a few :)

Do it now! I'm bored, I wanna read something :D

drummerbecca
05-21-2009, 11:52 AM
I can't say I've ever considered waxing or shaving my eyebrows. My (head) hair is naturally really dark, yet my eyebrows and pretty much everywhere else is quite light in comparison. I don't get why guys shave or wax armpit hair. it's not that I don't like it, but it's more socially acceptable for guys to have it. If I was a bloke I wouldn't bother, because I'm lazy. In fact, I haven't shaved my legs for about 3 weeks, because the only person that see's my legs is me!

Oxygene
05-21-2009, 12:01 PM
I haven't shaved my legs for about 3 weeks, because the only person that see's my legs is me!

whata waste of hot legs :)

findout5
05-21-2009, 12:26 PM
Do it now! I'm bored, I wanna read something :D

Nah, not yet :p One day though...
And you still haven't shared your shaving/waxing habits!

More useless funny stuff: The first time EVER that I decided to shave (more trimm...a lot) my private parts, I decided to go jogging! Not the best decision of all time I gotta say! I spent the rest of the day putting after-shave balm (withou alcohol) on my balls! A lesson learnt though!

Free?
05-21-2009, 01:10 PM
I have cut myself under the nose when I was imitating the shaving. The scar is still there.
Edit: As a kid ofc :].

_Lost_
05-21-2009, 01:31 PM
Lost: how can you do it wrong btw?
I have no clue. He didn't go into detail, but apparently it was wrong. haha.

Waxing is overrated.
This is definitely true.

I don't mind hairy guys if it works for them. Some guys that are naturally hairy just look weird when they shave it all off.

Rutegard
05-21-2009, 01:36 PM
My (head) hair is naturally really dark, yet my eyebrows and pretty much everywhere else is quite light in comparison,

also called good genes
and yeah, if i were a guy i wouldnt care about that either

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
05-21-2009, 02:12 PM
I am not a naturally hairy person, which I'm endlessly thankful for. I have like no hair on my chest, stomach or back (but do people usually shave that anyway?). Heh, I shave my head every 3-4 months, and my face about every two weeks.
have you tried growing an afro
man you're luckey cuz u black
i've been wanting an afro but i can't grow one cuz i got REALLY black, straight hair

randman21
05-21-2009, 03:33 PM
In fact, I haven't shaved my legs for about 3 weeks, because the only person that see's my legs is me!
Well, that's not exactly true now, is it? :D

have you tried growing an afro
man you're luckey cuz u black
i've been wanting an afro but i can't grow one cuz i got REALLY black, straight hair
Hahahahaha. Wow. I have tried it, when I was in 7th grade, and that's the reason I cut my hair every 3-4 months. I've got triple-canopy jungle shit, dawg. It becomes unmanageable after a while.

MoonTan™
05-22-2009, 06:17 AM
i'm not shaving its the only manly part of me

_Lost_
05-22-2009, 02:54 PM
i'm not shaving its the only manly part of me

you're 15. what hair do you have growing anywhere??? :confused:

Rutegard
05-22-2009, 02:56 PM
you're 15. what hair do you have growing anywhere??? :confused:

i see u were fucking old when u started your puberty then :|

randman21
05-22-2009, 02:58 PM
Trust me. At 15, it's all there.

Free?
05-22-2009, 03:06 PM
Aha. But, maybe, Australians are different in that way.

dff_punk
05-22-2009, 03:11 PM
One of my brothers is 15, but I am too scared to check :o

-L-
05-22-2009, 03:18 PM
I prefer wax and epilator everywhere. I like pain XD (noooooooooooo haha) I'm not a hairy person (thank God), so waxing isn't a painful thing for me, and I'm not red after it. I'm shaving if I hurry, but I use epilator once a week, and have no hair nowhere XD just my eyebrows, and my hair on my head :D

JohnnyNemesis
05-22-2009, 03:19 PM
Um, what the hell are you talking about, Karin? I was practically bearded by then...

Omni
05-22-2009, 03:22 PM
I pisses me off that I'm unbelievably hairy everywhere (if I don't keep it under control) except my face. I'm 20, and I just can't grow a good looking beard, yet my chest and stomach almost look like Steve Carell's. I don't particularly want a beard, but I may some day, and I just hope it doesn't stay thin forever.

Rag Doll
05-22-2009, 03:33 PM
I pisses me off that I'm unbelievably hairy everywhere (if I don't keep it under control) except my face. I'm 20, and I just can't grow a good looking beard, yet my chest and stomach almost look like Steve Carell's. I don't particularly want a beard, but I may some day, and I just hope it doesn't stay thin forever.

my boyfriend is like that too. his arms and legs are super hairy (his chest and stomach are hairy too, but not as bad as steve carrell). but beards look spotty and ridiculous.

which i guess is good, because then he shaves his face. yay.

_Lost_
05-22-2009, 04:15 PM
Um, what the hell are you talking about, Karin? I was practically bearded by then...

I knew one fifteen year old kid with facial hair. Every other guy had peach fuzz at best.

And major lols that you all took me so seriously. I just got this image of Joel admiring his peach fuzz, saying to himself "You see that Joel? Beard's comin' in." Like the guy in Fast Times at Ridgemont High. hahaha

EDIT: Ana, thanks for making me think about his pubes. My mind totally didn't go there. (oddly enough since my mind almost ALWAYS goes there)

findout5
05-22-2009, 05:34 PM
Just reading the word pubes made me think of "ginger pubes" (to be read with a british accent)! We should totally do a thread on pubes colour! LOL
Right after the "Embarassing Sex Moments" thread! :p
I'm gonna take note of all these!

MoonTan™
05-22-2009, 06:57 PM
I knew one fifteen year old kid with facial hair. Every other guy had peach fuzz at best.

And major lols that you all took me so seriously. I just got this image of Joel admiring his peach fuzz, saying to himself "You see that Joel? Beard's comin' in." Like the guy in Fast Times at Ridgemont High. hahaha

EDIT: Ana, thanks for making me think about his pubes. My mind totally didn't go there. (oddly enough since my mind almost ALWAYS goes there)

Oh karin...you crack me up :D lool

IamSam
05-22-2009, 07:33 PM
Protip: Getting certain types of shaving cream up your nose burns.

Oxygene
05-23-2009, 12:09 AM
Protip: Getting certain types of shaving cream up your nose burns.

I guess that's why they teach you to not shave hanging upside down.

HTF did u ever get shaving cream up your nose?

coke_a_holic
05-23-2009, 12:49 AM
I shaved my beard today.

I feel so weird now.

Beaker
05-23-2009, 04:44 AM
i got drunk and shaved around my belly button, it grew back dark. i had to pluck them for 6 months before they dissapeared.

Maria Cortez
05-23-2009, 05:05 AM
I enjoyed shaving almost every inch of my hairy body. Whatever is necessary for me to shave though, like, my legs; arms; pits; pubes etc...

Alison
05-23-2009, 06:31 AM
i got drunk and shaved around my belly button, it grew back dark. i had to pluck them for 6 months before they dissapeared.

Hahaha, that happened me too :p

findout5
05-24-2009, 07:29 AM
I pluck hair around my nipples. They are sacred! lol

The Search Button
05-24-2009, 07:36 AM
I cut myself today while shaving.

I blame this thread.

ninthz
05-24-2009, 09:10 AM
I think it was Ricky who told me he watched at video not too long ago that informed him that he had been shaving wrong for seven years.

I personally am not a big fan of the whole hairless thing... on ANYONE. There are just some parts that are supposed to have hair.
Shut it.

i like to use a razor.

sup ninth?
Sup.

mynamewastaken
05-24-2009, 09:39 AM
i hate shaving. i'm always afraid to cut myself. :(
i did shave lastnight though =]

Rutegard
05-24-2009, 09:59 AM

if that person is me then u r welcome! :P
:)

_Lost_
05-24-2009, 10:18 AM
Shut it.

June 9th baby.

June 9th.

RageAndLov
05-24-2009, 12:20 PM
Am I the only one who wants facial waxing for men? Like you just wax your face and your face would be smooth for like two weeks with no shaving! Of course it would hurt a bit, but I think it would be worth it (if your face wouldn't be too red and soar from it).
Imagine how much time you would have saved on only having to wax your face every 14th day instead of shaving it many times in one week!

Bipolar Bear
05-24-2009, 06:13 PM
Am I the only one who wants facial waxing for men? Like you just wax your face and your face would be smooth for like two weeks with no shaving! Of course it would hurt a bit, but I think it would be worth it (if your face wouldn't be too red and soar from it).
Imagine how much time you would have saved on only having to wax your face every 14th day instead of shaving it many times in one week!

I bet dexter holland gets that

Llamas
05-24-2009, 07:21 PM

Men are too much of pussies to wax ;)

But seriously, I'm much more inclined to make out with a guy with a smoothe face. I hate whiskers and hair while making out :( :(

RageAndLov
05-24-2009, 07:43 PM
I bet dexter holland gets that

I didn't get that :confused:

Bipolar Bear
05-24-2009, 08:03 PM
I didn't get that :confused:

his facial hair is always really really short

RageAndLov
05-25-2009, 05:32 PM
I git it now

Free?
05-25-2009, 05:36 PM
I can't imagine waxing facial hair. They're by far the fastest growing and the roughest. Ouch.

RageAndLov
05-26-2009, 07:33 AM
Yeah, that's why I want to wax it!
It's like, when you shaved it, it just comes right back at ya!
"DIIIIIIIE!"
It would hurt (pretty much) when you do it, but the reward would be two whole weeks without any shaving :D

Bipolar Bear
05-26-2009, 11:00 AM
Yeah, that's why I want to wax it!
It's like, when you shaved it, it just comes right back at ya!
"DIIIIIIIE!"
It would hurt (pretty much) when you do it, but the reward would be two whole weeks without any shaving :D

Nah I like shaving, I can look at myself in the mirror and feel like a true man. :o

He pauses shaving and he tells himself that he is the bum!

SweetTatyana
05-26-2009, 05:16 PM
Yeah waxingg is way easier and nothing is worse than making out with stubble!
Waxing is also great because less hair grows back even slower the more you wax (sorry that was a funny sentance). It also gets less painful in time.

RageAndLov
05-26-2009, 05:40 PM
Yeah waxingg is way easier and nothing is worse than making out with stubble!
Waxing is also great because less hair grows back even slower the more you wax (sorry that was a funny sentance). It also gets less painful in time.

Exactly!
Someone hurry and invent facial waxing for men!