PDA

View Full Version : Wait... Ive heard this before!

dff_punk
05-25-2009, 03:29 PM
So, hello guys, as some of you might know, my recording equipment is finally capable of recording something, and in the past few days I recorded a few instrumental demos. Here is the myspace site of my project, where you can find three of them(I am saving some for the mixtape hopefully, so those are not uploaded on purpose):

http://www.myspace.com/waitiheardthisbefore

The sound quality might be a bit crappy, but I think I have seen(heard) worse stuff than this appearing on here. Also there might seem I have sometimes problems with going with the rhythm, but that is basically because my sound card sucks. Oh and there will be vocals, as soon as I buy myself a microphone(except for "Chord Session", that one is purely instrumental). Feel free to tell me what you think, but be kind, cause I am just starting with this recording thing. Lol. That might be all. Oh, the last thing: I used Drumsite to program drums, they are pretty simple right now, I am still learning :o

drummerbecca
05-25-2009, 05:09 PM
Heeey, I likey :)
Nothing To Say and Brain of a Mouse are totally catchy!

dff_punk
05-25-2009, 05:10 PM
Thanks. When the first comment is positive, I guess that is good :)

randman21
05-25-2009, 05:58 PM
I guess a second positive comment would be extra nice then, eh?

Gotta say, you are soooooo much better at guitar than I would have thought. Hehe, not that I thought you suck, but it's hard to tell from those acoustic covers from way back. Man, you've got some really creative and melodic parts. *is jealous*

Anyway, I like the more rock and roll feel of your songs. Can't wait to see what you can do with vocals. :D

dff_punk
05-25-2009, 06:07 PM
Thanks dude, a compliment from you is kind of an honour, since I'm a fan of your stuff too :) Well let's just wait and see till I buy a microphone and then the vocals will start going in. And in the meantime maybe more instrumentals will be recorded.

ad8
05-25-2009, 11:48 PM
Good stuff there! I think the recording quality is not as bad as you described it. It was rather normal and I didn't really have a problem with that. The songs are decent and interesting(concerning the use of vocals in them later on). I think my favourite is Brain Of A Mouse until now. So, I'm looking forward to the other songs and the existing ones with vocals:)

Rooster
05-26-2009, 04:15 AM
Dude, i'm listening to your songs right now, and the quality really isn't so bad. And you really have some nice and melodic parts, great guitar work! Punk, but with the feeling of rock and roll. Oh, and i really like Chord Session, at the beginning i got the feeling that this is something like Social Distortion would do, but later it differed more from their style. Really, good job, man!

We should do a split CD once, you could send me your material by e-mail or something, and then we could put it together with ours. But later, when you'll have enough material. Now we (my band, by the way, we're really close to finding a name, we narrowed it down to a few options, which all sound cool) are working on the songs for our debut EP, which we hope to record and release in july.

Anyway, i really like your material, keep it up :)

dff_punk
05-26-2009, 04:21 AM
Good stuff there! I think the recording quality is not as bad as you described it. It was rather normal and I didn't really have a problem with that. The songs are decent and interesting(concerning the use of vocals in them later on). I think my favourite is Brain Of A Mouse until now. So, I'm looking forward to the other songs and the existing ones with vocals:)

Firstly, thanks for the friend request from the Ricetigers, also an honour! Now I have 3 friends! Woohoo! You know, Brain Of A Mouse is the only song which has its lyrics already completed, but because it's one of my older songs, they are lame-ass punk lyrics :D

We should do a split CD once, you could send me your material by e-mail or something, and then we could put it together with ours. But later, when you'll have enough material. Now we (my band, by the way, we're really close to finding a name, we narrowed it down to a few options, which all sound cool) are working on the songs for our debut EP, which we hope to record and release in july.

Anyway, i really like your material, keep it up :)

Lol, split CD? But you know, you're in a band, and me, well, eh.. I'm alone at this point of time. And weren't you called Self-Destruction? Or did you change that or is it another band? I'm looking forward to your material too. Anyway, thanks for the compliment dude. More songs will be up soon.

Rooster
05-26-2009, 04:27 AM
Lol, split CD? But you know, you're in a band, and me, well, eh.. I'm alone at this point of time. And weren't you called Self-Destruction? Or did you change that or is it another band? I'm looking forward to your material too. Anyway, thanks for the compliment dude. More songs will be up soon.

Nah, only our, let's say, "most popular" (:D) song is called Self-Destruction. We never had a name, but now we're really close to finally choose one.

Anyway, that split CD could wait, just find the other members for your band, bacause it would be a shame if you wouldn't find anybody, you have the talent, and those songs have a lot of potential.

Blitzkrieg Bop
05-26-2009, 04:47 AM
You had my stamp of approval a couple of days ago. I am eagerly awaiting the final product *with lyrics and vocals* My favourite so far is Nothing To Say :)

The sound quality might be a bit crappy

I didn't find anything wrong with the sound quality ... seemed pretty good to me *granted I am not a musician, but I do have ears* :D

dff_punk
05-26-2009, 09:59 AM
Thanks Marika :) I just recorded a new song today, it is up there and is called "Hearing Aid".. its a fast Offspring-type song, hope someone likes it;)

drummerbecca
05-26-2009, 10:27 AM
I just listened. It's wicked! :D

Blitzkrieg Bop
05-26-2009, 11:30 AM
I just recorded a new song today, it is up there and is called "Hearing Aid".. its a fast Offspring-type song, hope someone likes it;)

I'm loving it :)
Can I have a link so I can download it and expand my Wait ... I've heard this before! collection?

Rutegard
05-26-2009, 11:42 AM
randy, i think u have an opponent here!

congrats punk kid!!!

ad8
05-26-2009, 12:22 PM
Thanks Marika :) I just recorded a new song today, it is up there and is called "Hearing Aid".. its a fast Offspring-type song, hope someone likes it;)
I love it:) The guitar play is awesome in that one!

dff_punk
05-26-2009, 03:15 PM
Marika, when I was uploading the songs on myspace, I checked the box that I want them made available for download. If that is not working for you, I will upload the mp3 elsewhere.

Oh and everybody, thanks again! Comments like these really inspire me to make new and new songs :)

randman21
05-26-2009, 03:39 PM
randy, i think u have an opponent here!

congrats punk kid!!!
Lolz. He's a much better guitar player than I am, that's indisputable. But I guess our music is largely different (hearing aid totally rox, btw).

Anyway, THIS IS NOT A COMPETITION (this is what people usually say when they're losing :D)

dff_punk
05-26-2009, 03:42 PM
Thanks Randy, and I agree, not a competition, just loadsa good music! :)

Free?
05-27-2009, 01:54 AM
I can certainly feel your influences, it's niice stuff.
For the justice I have to say that randy-dff comparison isn't the best because dff's music is much closer to what taku2 posted, but a bit more twisted and less straight-forward.

Blitzkrieg Bop
05-27-2009, 04:13 AM
Marika, when I was uploading the songs on myspace, I checked the box that I want them made available for download. If that is not working for you, I will upload the mp3 elsewhere.

Okay, let me try one or two things regarding the download and if I don't come right, I will let you know :)

dff_punk
05-27-2009, 06:16 AM
I recorded and uploaded another song today. This one's called "Surrender To Me Now".

drummerbecca
05-27-2009, 06:19 AM
Wow. Can you say "prolific"? :p

dff_punk
05-27-2009, 06:55 AM
Heh, well, I have really a lot of material. And since I installed and plugged everything(few days ago), I have been recording lets say 1 song per day, lol. Maybe I will take a break and buy a microphone finally :p

Rutegard
05-28-2009, 08:49 AM
Thanks Randy, and I agree, not a competition, just loadsa good music! :)

yeah yeah...

I WANT A CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH

Blitzkrieg Bop
05-28-2009, 11:43 AM
yeah yeah...

I WANT A CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH

LOL ... I can totally see that, a plate of veggies and the cartoon dude *sorry, I have no idea who your avatar is suppose to be*

No new post today ... but that is okay, dff does deserve the day off :p

Bipolar Bear
05-28-2009, 11:52 AM
Niiice man, never knew you were this good

dff_punk
06-13-2009, 02:29 PM
No new songs lately, but here is a picture of the band!
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn154/dff_punk/ItinerarToJeNaDlho-1602.jpg

ad8
06-14-2009, 12:08 AM
No new songs lately, but here is a picture of the band!
But where's the alcohol?:D

dff_punk
06-14-2009, 12:34 AM
But where's the alcohol?:D

Inside me :o

ad8
06-14-2009, 12:41 AM
Inside me :o

Haha, right! How could I not think of that?:D

Also, nice shirt!

Edit: What kind of guitar do you play? I can't decipher the brand name.

dff_punk
06-18-2009, 09:21 AM
Just in case some of you thought I was not doing anything, I uploaded a 30-second cover of The Tetris Theme onto my profile (http://www.myspace.com/waitiheardthisbefore):D

ad8, my guitar on that picture is a Marris.

dexterone
06-18-2009, 10:55 AM
yeah Ive listened to it already.....nooo.....its great :) but its a big pity,that there arent any vocals or singer......but the drums:D are perfect....and your guitar too :) brain of a mouse is amazing .....

dff_punk
06-18-2009, 11:19 AM
Thanks! :D If I get a proper microphone finally, there will be vocals, too.

come out swinging
06-18-2009, 07:24 PM
sounds good. my thoughts: you sound like some like blink 182, sum 41, little green day with some of the songs.

I wish i have my laptop back so i can record.:(

dff_punk
06-19-2009, 09:30 AM
Thanx come out swinging!

And everyone who visits this thread, I just uploaded a new song, this one has a totally classic, almost ramones punkrock style :) It has an unusual title, you will notice it in my profile right away!

Blitzkrieg Bop
06-20-2009, 06:47 AM
Just in case some of you thought I was not doing anything, I uploaded a 30-second cover of The Tetris Theme onto my profile (http://www.myspace.com/waitiheardthisbefore):D

This is exactly what I thought you were doing ... I'm glad that you proved me wrong :) You still rocks :cool:

dff_punk
06-20-2009, 11:24 AM
Another new song is up, this one is called "The Sobriety Of Prosperity".. guess I should finally start recording some vocals, this is getting to be a bit album-like :)

Harleyquiiinn
06-20-2009, 12:11 PM
I like it a lot ! but yeah, it definitely lacks vocals :D

dff_punk
06-20-2009, 01:47 PM
Glad you checked it out. Now that all the mod voting shenanigans are on, other threads do not have the attention they used to have.

ad8
06-21-2009, 01:14 AM
Damn, The Sobriety Of Prosperity is really good. I love the energy of that one!

Human
06-21-2009, 01:22 AM
I'm listening to the stuff right now. It sounds really good. You have some talent, I think if someone put words and a singer to it it would be much better though.

come out swinging
06-21-2009, 08:04 PM
oh, hes does sing. check out his cover on you tube. same user name

dff_punk
09-21-2009, 04:15 PM
Newsflash bitches! I don't have time for recording any stuff lately, because my notebook is broken down, and most importantly: I'm finally starting my own band again! Things are looking pretty well, I got everything I need: a second guitarist, a bass player and a drummer. We'll be playing mostly my songs(because no one else didn't show up with anything), maybe even some of those you heard from myspace, but the drummer still needs to get into the fast punk-rock tempo, he's been playing in a grunge band before. And, dare I say it, I will also probably sing(if I suck too much, we will find some singer, goddammit). We don't have a name yet, we're thinking about the name Sustain, if nothing better shows up, we'll be probably named Sustain, lol. So if any concert recording(or concerts for slovak fans)will be available, I'll let you all know. I now won't concentrate on my "solo project" or whatever this is, I'm taking my time for the band. Stay tuned! :)

randman21
09-21-2009, 08:56 PM
Yay, this is good news! Can't wait to hear what you guys can do. I wonder how everybody else is finding band members so easily, though. :p

Rooster
09-22-2009, 02:51 AM
Yes man, great news!

Now (for the future :p), whenever you decide to come to play in Slovenia (feel my wrath if you don't :D) be sure to notify me, we'll do a gig together...

P.S.: You could be named The Hacketts...

Blitz!
09-22-2009, 11:40 AM
Although I know some of this already, I am glad that you have made it official. I will be waiting with great anticipation to see what you guys come up with. BTW, I like the name Sustain :)