PDA

View Full Version : Offspring in portugal- rock one festival august

RonWelty
05-26-2009, 07:31 AM
I KNEW IT. I'm going. Everyone from Portugal please go to the tour Portugal thread to talk

http://www.algarve-ticket.com/page2.php

chriiis
05-26-2009, 07:37 AM
Awesome news for you!! :)

The offspring will be headliner??

RonWelty
05-26-2009, 07:40 AM
Awesome news for you!! :)

The offspring will be headliner??

It seems not. Fuck it. I'm going.

Sziget and Rock one:D What a fucking great summer :D

RonWelty
05-26-2009, 07:45 AM
another confirmation source:
http://newsatgarbe.blogspot.com/2009/05/rock-one-algarve-2009.html

chriiis
05-26-2009, 07:53 AM
Cool summer for you!!, back with media for us haha :D

RonWelty
05-26-2009, 07:58 AM
Cool summer for you!!, back with media for us haha :D

~Thanks, but now i want to cry because bullet for my valentine can't play on that date, so maybe some of the names are wrong on that list ...

mrs_hollandova
05-26-2009, 08:02 AM
Hmm, good reason to visit Portugal. I'm thinking about it!!!

Gustavo
05-26-2009, 08:10 AM
Whoa! That's great news. Have a lot of fun, RonWelty. Damn, these are usually the times that i wish i lived in Portugal. Portugueses sortudos!

RonWelty
05-26-2009, 08:16 AM
Whoa! That's great news. Have a lot of fun, RonWelty. Damn, these are usually the times that i wish i lived in Portugal. Portugueses sortudos!

let's wait for confirmation because line up seems a bit unrealistic for me.

Redjie
05-26-2009, 08:20 AM
Yeah, only Bloc Party & James Morisson have made their confirmation.

RonWelty
05-26-2009, 08:20 AM
For foreigners, Portimão is really close to FARO AIRPORT. There are a lot of lowcost airlines flying for that. It's in one of the most visited regions in Europe for beach tourism. I offer myself to help every people from the board that wants to attend this show.

chriiis
05-26-2009, 09:44 AM
We have to wait.. :/

Rutegard
05-26-2009, 11:04 AM
Hmm, good reason to visit Portugal. I'm thinking about it!!!

plz do :D

Yeah, only Bloc Party & James Morisson have made their confirmation.

yeah....

Oxygene
05-26-2009, 02:27 PM
DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE

is it still the 8th that's rumored?

RonWelty
05-26-2009, 02:32 PM
DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE DATE

is it still the 8th that's rumored?

yes....................................

Oxygene
05-26-2009, 02:48 PM
yes....................................

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK
Anyway I'll try and get that corporate yachting date changed somehow.. put in fucking July... I don't have shit then

Anyway.. can you give me a link to the venue in google maps I wanna see what hotels are in the area how far it is from the airport.

I'm looking at flights too.. anyone going down from Lisboa? Don't you or Rutegard live there?

Tijs
05-26-2009, 02:52 PM
Seriously Oxy, you gotta go to rehab, This Offspring addiction has gone way too far now :(

</jealous>

RonWelty
05-26-2009, 02:52 PM
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK
Anyway I'll try and get that corporate yachting date changed somehow.. put in fucking July... I don't have shit then

Anyway.. can you give me a link to the venue in google maps I wanna see what hotels are in the area how far it is from the airport.

I'm looking at flights too.. anyone going down from Lisboa? Don't you or Rutegard live there?

I study there. As I said before, I will be glad to help you out in your travel to Lisbon. I can get you a room in my house here. Not 5 stars but not bad at all. But we will have to travel by train 3 hours to get to the venue. And I can select a few hotel options for you near portimão for the night after the show, I will sleep there too, if this shows got oficially confirmed.
It will be my pleasure to help you.

Rutegard
05-26-2009, 02:55 PM

i will!! eventually :D LOL

Oxygene
05-26-2009, 02:56 PM
i will!! eventually :D LOL

OK wtf does that mean? :)

RonWelty
05-26-2009, 02:58 PM

Show isn't 100% confirmed, but I have inside information because promoter bought scaffolding from my family's factory for the stage and they told my father some bands and all of them are in that link in first page.

Rutegard
05-26-2009, 02:59 PM

that i have no idea how when or with who but ill sure leave lisbon and land my butt in portimao city lol :D :D

but they havent been confirmed yet...

Oxygene
05-26-2009, 03:01 PM
Seriously Oxy, you gotta go to rehab, This Offspring addiction has gone way too far now :(

</jealous>

rehab is for quitters

btw: wtf is up with flight to portugal it's like impossible to find reasonable flights, like 3 layovers and shit and expensive wtf?

I study there. As I said before, I will be glad to help you out in your travel to Lisbon. I can get you a room in my house here. Not 5 stars but not bad at all. But we will have to travel by train 3 hours to get to the venue. And I can select a few hotel options for you near portimão for the night after the show, I will sleep there too, if this shows got oficially confirmed.
It will be my pleasure to help you.

Thanks, I'll probably get a hotel non the less I don't like to be in the way bla bla bla.
But: what you could help me with is like I said a google maps link that shows the entrance to the venue. That would be awesome. I could do the rest from there.

So it's a 3 hour trainride from the city where the show is to Lisboa. Good to know.. Getting a flight that meets my "buisenss" needs of 7th Friday afternoon and 9th Sunday after noon that still arrives in Hungary on Sunday is gonna be a bitch. Maybe if I do a layover in Paris I'll sleep at my aunts house.

blah this is gonna be a bitch to set up, and expensive but I really wanna see the Offspring in Spain or Portugal :)

RonWelty
05-26-2009, 03:04 PM
rehab is for quitters

btw: wtf is up with flight to portugal it's like impossible to find reasonable flights, like 3 layovers and shit and expensive wtf?

Thanks, I'll probably get a hotel non the less I don't like to be in the way bla bla bla.
But: what you could help me with is like I said a google maps link that shows the entrance to the venue. That would be awesome. I could do the rest from there.

So it's a 3 hour trainride from the city where the show is to Lisboa. Good to know.. Getting a flight that meets my "buisenss" needs of 7th Friday afternoon and 9th Sunday after noon that still arrives in Hungary on Sunday is gonna be a bitch. Maybe if I do a layover in Paris I'll sleep at my aunts house.

blah this is gonna be a bitch to set up, and expensive but I really wanna see the Offspring in Spain or Portugal :)
a) flytap.com
b) I insist, you can sleep here
c) I can get in the train with you. I will have to take it too.
d) map: http://www.autodromodoalgarve.com/articles/como-chegar/

Oxygene
05-26-2009, 03:06 PM
a) flytap.com
b) I insist, you can sleep here
c) I can get in the train with you. I will have to take it too.
d) map soon

a) thx I'm already searching that..
b) thx I really appreciate it it's nice of you but I truly prefere the hotel
c) that's also cool although looks like it's maybe a 100 euro difference if I fly to FAO directly we'll see
d) that'd be awesome :)

RonWelty
05-26-2009, 03:08 PM
a) thx I'm already searching that..
b) thx I really appreciate it it's nice of you but I truly prefere the hotel
c) that's also cool although looks like it's maybe a 100 euro difference if I fly to FAO directly we'll see
d) that'd be awesome :)

There isn't any direct flights from FAO to BUD I think...
Well, okay you can sleep in Hotel LOL.
Map is on too.

Rutegard
05-26-2009, 03:09 PM
OXY u can have my house too!! :D

friends r always welcome down here!!

ill probably go to portimao 1 or 2 days before tho :P and stay with miguel :)

RonWelty
05-26-2009, 03:10 PM
OXY u can have my house too!! :D

friends r always welcome down here!!

ill probably go to portimao 1 or 2 days before tho :P and stay with miguel :)
"SEX IS ON FIRE" by K O L

Oxygene
05-26-2009, 03:10 PM
There isn't any direct flights from FAO to BUD I think...
Well, okay you can sleep in Hotel LOL.
Map is on too.

no what I meant was not fly to Lisbon and go to FAO with train but fly into FAO. How far is FAO airport from the venue?

RonWelty
05-26-2009, 03:13 PM
no what I meant was not fly to Lisbon and go to FAO with train but fly into FAO. How far is FAO airport from the venue?

I was talking about that. there aren't direct flights to FAO from Hungary...

FAO is a bit far away. 70 km ! Lisbon is 250 km away

Oxygene
05-26-2009, 03:21 PM
Ok looks like I have one of two choices:

I can fly out with tap for like 400 euros on a direct flight between BUD and LIS at 3pm on Friday and fly back on Sunday at 3.20 PM (which means I have to be at the airpot at 2pm latest which means I have to leave at 11 am, which sucks because it's just too early to get enough sleep, but managable.

Or I can take the same flight out to LIS fly over to FAO and arrive at 8:30 PM then fly out from FAO at 11 am on the 9th which means I have to be at FAO airpot at 9:30.. this sucks. Add to that 2 layovers and like 14 hours of travelling and waiting at aiports where as the Lisboa one is direct. That's 100 EUROs more expensive so 500 EUROs, and FAO being 70km away from the venue is a real bitch!

How reliable are the trains and how much do they cost?

RonWelty
05-26-2009, 03:26 PM
Ok looks like I have one of two choices:

I can fly out with tap for like 400 euros on a direct flight between BUD and LIS at 3pm on Friday and fly back on Sunday at 3.20 PM (which means I have to be at the airpot at 2pm latest which means I have to leave at 11 am, which sucks because it's just too early to get enough sleep, but managable.

Or I can take the same flight out to LIS fly over to FAO and arrive at 8:30 PM then fly out from FAO at 11 am on the 9th which means I have to be at FAO airpot at 9:30.. this sucks. Add to that 2 layovers and like 14 hours of travelling and waiting at aiports where as the Lisboa one is direct. That's 100 EUROs more expensive so 500 EUROs, and FAO being 70km away from the venue is a real bitch!

How reliable are the trains and how much do they cost?TRAIN is really good and reliable. Cost it will be : 18.50 euros the most reliable. 17 euros the one that always has some delays.

Oxygene
05-26-2009, 03:33 PM
Well.. I don't know these schedules are a bit too tight for me. I'll see what I can do... maybe driving back after the show to Lisboa and staying at a hotel near the airpot is the solution. If they have late check in/check out options. I really don't know but I have some more studying to do and an exam tomorrow morning so this'll have to wait. I busted over an hour on it as is :)

RonWelty
05-26-2009, 03:34 PM
Well.. I don't know these schedules are a bit too tight for me. I'll see what I can do... maybe driving back after the show to Lisboa and staying at a hotel near the airpot is the solution. If they have late check in/check out options. I really don't know but I have some more studying to do and an exam tomorrow morning so this'll have to wait. I busted over an hour on it as is :)

I can help you with a programme. just tell me when you can arrive and when you need to depart.

Rutegard
05-26-2009, 03:45 PM
I can help you with a programme. just tell me when you can arrive and when you need to depart.

maybe we will all catch the same train :P

RonWelty
05-26-2009, 03:48 PM
First OPTION
ARRIVAl
TAP 14.55->17-40 LISBOA
BUS 1.40 euros
Hotel Lisboa Central Park *** 55 euros with breakfast http://www.booking.com/hotel/pt/pensaoresidencialavenidaalameda.html?sid=3e288fd77 cffd233f219259acc4e04db;checkin=2009-08-07;checkout=2009-08-08
Metro 0.80 euros
Train 21 euros
TAXI to venue
Show : 50 euros
Taxi from venue to Hotel
Hotel *** with breakfast 85 euros (Portimão is a beach holliday place…)
http://www.booking.com/hotel/pt/globo.html?sid=3e288fd77cffd233f219259acc4e04db;ch eckin=2009-08-08;checkout=2009-08-09
Train 21 euros
Táxi to airport : +-8 euros
Flight home 14.50 – 22.20 Lufthansa with 1 stop

Airplane costs: 327

TOTAL: between 515 and 550 euros

Oxygene
05-26-2009, 04:04 PM
First OPTION
ARRIVAl
TAP 14.55->17-40 LISBOA
BUS 1.40 euros
Hotel Lisboa Central Park *** 55 euros with breakfast http://www.booking.com/hotel/pt/pensaoresidencialavenidaalameda.html?sid=3e288fd77 cffd233f219259acc4e04db;checkin=2009-08-07;checkout=2009-08-08
Metro 0.80 euros
Train 21 euros
TAXI to venue
Show : 50 euros
Taxi from venue to Hotel
Hotel *** with breakfast 85 euros (Portimão is a beach holliday place…)
http://www.booking.com/hotel/pt/globo.html?sid=3e288fd77cffd233f219259acc4e04db;ch eckin=2009-08-08;checkout=2009-08-09
Train 21 euros
Táxi to airport : +-8 euros
Flight home 14.50 – 22.20 Lufthansa with 1 stop

Airplane costs: 327

TOTAL: between 515 and 550 euros

I can take the direct flight home at 15:20 that's better, the issue is getting to the airport on Sunday.. I'd rather stay Friday night in Faro, I like to do the least amount of travelling on the day of the show. But thanks for the advice.. it'd be nice to see the google map of where the venue will be tho, that'll make planning easier for me :)

RonWelty
05-26-2009, 05:09 PM
I can take the direct flight home at 15:20 that's better, the issue is getting to the airport on Sunday.. I'd rather stay Friday night in Faro, I like to do the least amount of travelling on the day of the show. But thanks for the advice.. it'd be nice to see the google map of where the venue will be tho, that'll make planning easier for me :)

Well, It's up to you. Anything just tell me.But What We need is confirmation. I'm still getting my bet on Festival Sudoeste before FAITH NO MORE but who knows?