PDA

View Full Version : Playing Singles on Tour

BigFish
05-26-2009, 11:19 AM
Alright. This is just something that bugs me a little. From what I've seen of the setlists so far...It seems like 75% of the songs are singles. Even though they are playing new songs, they play the 3 singles and like maybe 1 other from the new album. I love The Offspring with all my heart and soul, but honestly, when I come to see them play live...I wanna hear all the new stuff live. I don't want to hear the same songs I've heard 5 other times live. They don't even really mix up the old songs they play either. I don't think we ever get anything from the first album other than Beheaded. Ignition we only get things like Dirty Magic maybe Session. Smash gets mixed up pretty well, I'll give them that. But then we get all the same stuff from the other albums as well. I'm not flaming or bitching, but more expressing my dismay and wondering why it's like this. I'd just really love to experience something I haven't heard live for a change rather than hearing Pretty Fly or Self Esteem for the 1000th time. Sorry if it makes me sound like a bitch but it just has been really bugging me.

KHWHD
05-26-2009, 12:45 PM
I agree with you. The setlists are pretty much the same for every show - with the exception of an added song here or there.

bouncingcoles
05-26-2009, 12:48 PM
this isnt news to me

Greekoldfan
05-26-2009, 12:55 PM
I agree generally...they have too many other great songs from all the albums...there are some great songs they did not play them ever live or a couple of times...for example come out swinging,the noose,smash,not the one (I believe with the strongest lyrics and also about the times we are living),takes me nowhere,amazed etc.I dont want to listen to walla walla and all the americana 1998 playlist all the time

Bipolar Bear
05-26-2009, 12:55 PM
This bugs the true fans but most people just want to hear their hits so I guess we have to learn to live with it. Also, those songs are the ones they practised the most.

jacknife737
05-26-2009, 01:22 PM
The band has addressed this in a few interviews, the standard responce is that playing some of their more 'obscure' songs "kills the crowd". The majority of the people at these shows want to hear songs that they're familiar with, and that means that a lot of the setlist is singles.

However, as the tour progresses, we may find that they add in a lesser known song into their setlist, like they did during the Warped Tour.

findout5
05-26-2009, 01:51 PM
They should do the "hits" setlists on festivals and a regular set for their own shows. That way things would be better.

bighead384
05-26-2009, 01:58 PM
I honestly thought it was going to bother me and I think I even made a thread like this, but I was satisfied with the setlist. It probably won't bother you as much as you think it will.

BigFish
05-26-2009, 03:53 PM
Well, I'm still going to really enjoy the show. I just wish there was some way we could get a show for only hardcore fans where they play like no singles and all old/unplayed stuff.

ThunderPX
05-27-2009, 04:07 AM
I was under the impression that they do old and lesser-known stuff in club shows, like Beheaded or Trust In You.

Trek
05-27-2009, 09:57 AM
Well yeah for their own sake they could play other stuff too. Doesn't it get annoying playing the same stuff.

randman21
05-27-2009, 04:07 PM
I honestly thought it was going to bother me and I think I even made a thread like this, but I was satisfied with the setlist. It probably won't bother you as much as you think it will.
Read this, guys, and compare it to how you feel after you've seen them live, especially if it's your first time. It won't bother you at all. Heh, I was actually hoping for some of the concert staples, which I didn't think would happen.