PDA

View Full Version : who's with me?!

sneedo83
05-26-2009, 12:11 PM
I think that its time to retire WDYGAJ from the live setlist and replace it with something newer or something presmash...

KHWHD
05-26-2009, 12:12 PM
I think Kick Him When He's Down is an excellent replacement song. ;)

sneedo83
05-26-2009, 12:20 PM

I agree.

Random billboard quote: "keep using my name in vain, ill make rush hour longer" -god

Come on Iowa, really?

-L-
05-26-2009, 12:25 PM
or Million miles away :D:D:D

Grimesy da Offspringfan
05-26-2009, 12:30 PM
I love all of their songs, but damn, this is not supposed to be their Americana tour...

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
05-26-2009, 12:35 PM
I love all of their songs, but damn, this is not supposed to be their Americana tour...
one of my favorite things about americana(album) is the distortion
they should play unreleased material

Dexter_italy
05-26-2009, 12:50 PM
If they want to keep a funny song the could put don't pick it up instead o wdygaj :D

hshduppsnt
05-26-2009, 12:56 PM
well lets be honest here, it most likely is on there,
aside from Americana having been such a big album,
but also because you're bringing out an acoustic for Kristy

I'll just leave it at that I don't actually feel like giving my opinion of replacing songs.

but... Blackball!... anyway continue...

zsk
05-26-2009, 01:40 PM
Another acoustic Song maybe;
What about Spare me the Details ?
It's an excellent song and i think it's their best acoustic one
-----------------------------------------------------------
And please replace Pretty Fly- I don't like that Song
play Kick him when he's down and Lighting Rod

and more RAFRAG Song( Let's hear it for Rock Bottom,Trust in You !of course! and Rise and Fall)

so,that are my wishes for adding songs to the setlist ;)

hshduppsnt
05-26-2009, 02:02 PM
^ Pretty Fly is a fun song and definitely gets the crowd into it... so i'm personally gonna veto that one :) though I'm ok with you Adding others...

Outerspaceman21
05-26-2009, 02:11 PM
PLAY LIGHTNING ROD!!!!!!!!!!!!

bitches

brothadave79
05-26-2009, 03:03 PM
I agree, but I think it always goes over pretty well during live shows. At least it has from what I've seen. I think they should keep it in for festivals and shows like that, where members of the audience may be less familiar with their discography. At their own shows, they should rotate in other songs to surprise audiences while keeping themselves from getting too bored and playing identical sets every night.

jacknife737
05-26-2009, 03:20 PM
I agree, but I think it always goes over pretty well during live shows. At least it has from what I've seen. I think they should keep it in for festivals and shows like that, where members of the audience may be less familiar with their discography. At their own shows, they should rotate in other songs to surprise audiences while keeping themselves from getting too bored and playing identical sets every night.

This.

Also, regarding their 'normal' shows; i'd rather hear Pretty Fly then WDYGAJ.

Greekoldfan
05-26-2009, 03:33 PM
I think in their shows they have to do some rotation and to keep the hit singles for the festivals..so...in this way everybody will be happy!

randman21
05-26-2009, 03:34 PM
Both of these:

This.

Also, regarding their 'normal' shows; i'd rather hear Pretty Fly then WDYGAJ.

I think most people would rather hear Pretty Fly as well. Both get huge reactions, but Pretty Fly is much more energetic and conducive to rocking out. Pretty much anything from Ignition would get me going. And most of Ixnay.

Gustavo
05-26-2009, 03:59 PM
I'm with you.

Hmmm... presmash?

Blackball or Tehran. I don't think that's going to happen, though.

PLAY LIGHTNING ROD!!!!!!!!!!!!

bitches

But also... 'nuff said.

Cock Joke
05-26-2009, 05:03 PM
How about some Burn It Up?

sneedo83
05-26-2009, 05:06 PM
never was a big fan of burn it up :(

Nothing From Something would be badass.

dff_punk
05-26-2009, 05:09 PM

This is exactly what I had in mind when I thought about WDYGAJ being dropped.

but... Blackball!...

Yes!!!

bouncingcoles
05-26-2009, 05:11 PM
I think that its time to retire WDYGAJ from the live setlist and replace it with something newer or something presmash...

ya i wish that would happen

Free?
05-26-2009, 05:36 PM
I love WDYGAJ live. So easy sing-along piece. I can imagine how I'd grab the nearest girl (or..well... a guy) for a dance. To take a break and restore breath rhythm before the TKAA and Self-Esteem. I would rather not skip it on a live show, at least not for the first time.

Budzy
05-26-2009, 11:56 PM
I love WDYGAJ live. So easy sing-along piece. I can imagine how I'd grab the nearest girl (or..well... a guy) for a dance. To take a break and restore breath rhythm before the TKAA and Self-Esteem. I would rather not skip it on a live show, at least not for the first time.

I loved it when they played it live, I agree that these songs are just being overdone, being played at every single show, but if they had retired that song and it was my first Offspring concert, I'd feel a little disappointed.

SelfEsteem94
05-27-2009, 01:20 AM
this.

they mostly played Americana songs in Austin.

Jesus
05-27-2009, 01:33 AM
If they'd retire an Americana song, wdygaj would be okay for me. I'd veto pretty much every other Americana song they play though. Americana, TKAA, Have You Ever, Staring At The Sun and Pretty Fly are all energetic and really get the crowd going + sing a longs!

They should just take steroids though, and just play 30 song setlists ;).