PDA

View Full Version : Annoyances

Duskygrin
05-26-2009, 02:00 PM
Many things annoy me.

Out of all, I shall pick a few:

- not knowing how to pronounce people's monikers on a board. Not necessarily because they're in a language other than English, as sometimes English avatars are unpronounceable to me as well. I mean, "Nieh"? Or even the given name "Per" - on top of it, clear indications as to its pronunciation had once been communicated by the owner of said forename. The only one I can really feel proud about is "Ciaran", 'cause I mastered it at once. But for lots others I really have a shitty time, pondering nights and days, twisting them around. A pox on all of 'em!

- being bored to death and unwilling to do anything as I'm sitting there thinking of one thing, my job, and wondering what's gonna happen to me when my contract is ended; this entailing a tense, taut life, with little "liberated" enjoyment, and people making me jolt when approaching me. I really mean this as a genuine issue. It's giving me hell at the moment. I'll be sitting quietly at my PC at work, and then a colleague will say "hello" from behind, or the side, and I'll jump up as if fire had just broken out right in front of me. Today I nearly smashed my head on my computer, I got up in such a frenzy. People jokingly say it's because I must have something on my conscience. I wouldn't know. I'd rather think it's lack of sleep, or some other innocuous reason, certainly not an ugly feeling of guilt. I don't scream, either, or it's just some sort of suppressed shriek. I just spring up like a jack in the box, and my heart does feel like it stops beating for some instants. It's weird. I have low blood pressure, maybe that's also part of the reason, adrenaline will shoot it up somehow? Bah.

- Dry hair. It looks wondrous and glossy when styled, either straight or curly, but just plain straw-like when not. Basically I'm supposed to stop styling it - so I now wear it in a lovely French twist at work, but lovely or not I simply am not used to not wearing it loose - and nourish it with oil, illipe butter and what have you. And let it grow, so that weight will make it look structured anyway (right now it's same length as on the photo, and on the photo you can see it's dry hair, it just doesn't have that slightly greasy quality to it that makes some people's hair looks ok even if not blowdried or anything). It's sort of "untamed". Oh, never mind. I'll stop the beef, it's not life-threatening anyway.

- Right now I'm pissed off about lot of stuff, but I'll quit stalling, brush my teeth and go to bed. Oh, another thing before I hit the hay. I hate the goddamn weather in Paris. It's hot, it's breezy. It's cloudy, it's sunny. It's raining, it's shining. It just won't stay still a minute! I don't know what to wear in the morning anymore. The worst is, when there's this finest of drizzles slanting down and your brow feels clammy and you're sweating slightly; just plain awful.

It doesn't look like it, I know, but I've had a rather nice day today...

Sweet dreams, babies, don't let the bedbugs bite.

RageAndLov
05-26-2009, 02:52 PM
Shaving! Like really!

nieh
05-26-2009, 03:14 PM
- not knowing how to pronounce people's monikers on a board. Not necessarily because they're in a language other than English, as sometimes English avatars are unpronounceable to me as well. I mean, "Nieh"? Or even the given name "Per" - on top of it, clear indications as to its pronunciation had once been communicated by the owner of said forename. The only one I can really feel proud about is "Ciaran", 'cause I mastered it at once. But for lots others I really have a shitty time, pondering nights and days, twisting them around. A pox on all of 'em!

So THAT'S why we don't get along.
Here you go. (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21828)

Duskygrin
05-26-2009, 03:29 PM
But you don't give the answer! It's just a bunch of people wracking their brains, like me.

Although I seem to detect a Brit vs Yank pattern. Britishers would tend to use the diphtong more (sophistication) while Yanks will view it as "knee".

And supposing you're American... then the Yankees would be correct?

But that's not the way I pronounce it. In fact I still haven't decided how to pronounce it. Sometimes I say it in French: "nié", some times "nee-yeah", still others "nee", and still others "nigh-yeah". That last one is far-fetched and stupid but it pops up a lot in my brain. Back when I was a pupil I used to pronounce "post-office" as "post of ice" and "reckon" as "reek on".

I blush in shame, but even so, best to come clean with those painful truths.

RageAndLov
05-26-2009, 03:47 PM
Knee-eh or njé is how I would pronounce it.

Bipolar Bear
05-26-2009, 05:10 PM
Shaving! Like really!

what's so bad about shaving? it takes what, 5-10 mins max?

Outerspaceman21
05-26-2009, 05:37 PM
Musical discussions, like which style is better

Offspring-Junkie
05-27-2009, 01:14 AM
- being bored to death and unwilling to do anything as I'm sitting there thinking of one thing, my job, and wondering what's gonna happen to me when my contract is ended; this entailing a tense, taut life, with little "liberated" enjoyment, and people making me jolt when approaching me. I really mean this as a genuine issue. It's giving me hell at the moment. I'll be sitting quietly at my PC at work, and then a colleague will say "hello" from behind, or the side, and I'll jump up as if fire had just broken out right in front of me. Today I nearly smashed my head on my computer, I got up in such a frenzy. People jokingly say it's because I must have something on my conscience. I wouldn't know. I'd rather think it's lack of sleep, or some other innocuous reason, certainly not an ugly feeling of guilt. I don't scream, either, or it's just some sort of suppressed shriek. I just spring up like a jack in the box, and my heart does feel like it stops beating for some instants. It's weird. I have low blood pressure, maybe that's also part of the reason, adrenaline will shoot it up somehow? Bah.

Box office job? What is it, Call Center Agent?

Edit: What annoys me is when people on this boards write some "Quotes" by Dexter Holland which are abviously fake.

SweetTatyana
05-27-2009, 07:22 AM
Is it really that important to know how to pronounce another board members name? Since you don't have to say it really, just type it?

Bipolar Bear
05-27-2009, 11:01 AM
Is it really that important to know how to pronounce another board members name? Since you don't have to say it really, just type it?

yeah and personally i make up nicknames for everyone here in my head

Duskygrin
05-27-2009, 11:12 AM
Box office job? What is it, Call Center Agent?

Edit: What annoys me is when people on this boards write some "Quotes" by Dexter Holland which are abviously fake.

I work in an office, in an asset management firm.

I wonder why you thought about call centres. I don't think they're as popular here in France as in an Anglo-Saxon country.

And they really pay peanuts, so I'd rather be on the dole anyway.

nieh
05-27-2009, 01:41 PM
But you don't give the answer! It's just a bunch of people wracking their brains, like me.

It's much more fun that way.

Offspring-Junkie
05-28-2009, 03:54 AM
I work in an office, in an asset management firm.

I wonder why you thought about call centres.

Because I know many people who worked/still work in call centers.

Duskygrin
05-30-2009, 07:50 AM
New annoyance (actually, age-old, but freshly felt this year): hay fever.

My current record this month is 7 sneezes in a row.

Not Ozymandias
05-30-2009, 08:14 PM
When your threads are locked before I can give them one star.

T-6005
05-30-2009, 09:26 PM
I must admit, I do object a little bit to being called an ass-kisser.

ninthz
05-30-2009, 10:00 PM
When your threads are locked before I can give them one star.
This is really funny.

Olive
05-30-2009, 10:15 PM
yeah and personally i make up nicknames for everyone here in my head

Oh yeah, then whats mine?

ninthz
05-30-2009, 10:29 PM
You're a fag. Nice 52 posts, dickbag. No one knows who you are or even cares to. Your signature is annoying and you should probably just ghostride the dick straight to hell.

ps: This isn't newbie hating, but rather LOOK AT ME, NOTICE ME, LOOK AT ME I'M NEW AND WANT YOU TO VALIDATE MY EXISTENCE PLZ?! hating. For fucking duh.

Duskygrin
05-31-2009, 01:29 AM
There, there, Ninthz, play nicely. And it's "whose love life", not "who's love life". In your sig.

Not Ozymandias: so it was youuu all along. When I asked, nobody answered. Indeed, they all played possum.
And suddenly you spring up like the Book of Revelations. Taught me one thing: when you want to know, don't ask. Pretend you haven't even noticed. Eventually you'll learn while still keeping in the background.

Napoleon Bonaparte
05-31-2009, 03:27 AM
Annoyances, so obviously mods. :d

ninthz
05-31-2009, 07:27 AM
There, there, Ninthz, play nicely. And it's "whose love life", not "who's love life". In your sig.

Remind me to be sober when I change that shit.

Bipolar Bear
05-31-2009, 11:32 AM

captain penis

jpstoner
06-01-2009, 09:48 AM
No one came to this persons defense????
NOT ONE OF YOU said , hey ninthz dont talk like that...
no one said "OLIVE DID NOT DESERVE THAT"

I dont know Olive, but I have seen this happen
50 times, to 50 others, in my short time posting here.

I ONLY came here to have fun, cuz I am an Offspring fan, but
what I found is a small group of haters and misery.
I found people who revel in bullying any people.

this place, as it is, will not last, the fkd attitude here will kill these BBS.

This happy person, guilty of only being new
was feeling good and having fun, and said....

and this douche bag does its usuall thing of
blurting out its typical stream of vomit,

It seems its only purpose is to cause others to feel bad.
It is worthlesss, of no use, and it s karma is its own.

You're a fag. Nice 52 posts, dickbag. No one knows who you are or even cares to. Your signature is annoying and you should probably just ghostride the dick straight to hell.

ps: This isn't newbie hating, but rather LOOK AT ME, NOTICE ME, LOOK AT ME I'M NEW AND WANT YOU TO VALIDATE MY EXISTENCE PLZ?! hating. For fucking duh.

and the only response is....

There, there, Ninthz, ???? WETF???... there there??
that is the response????,,,,omg,,,, how pathetic.

this new poster did not deserve that BS,,,,and you say there there?

That is a sad stataement of the world today.

Any mods whom allow this type of BS do not understand their jobs.

NO ONE SAID -

FUCK YOUth Ninthz,, whyth the fuckth
do you do that???... ( ninthz has that hairlip thing
and understands better ifth you talkth liketh thatth.)

people, you should step up and defend the weak,

karma will take care of assholes like ninthz,
but in the mean time, do your job as a human.

me??
I am done here... what a waste of energy this place is.
I will not waste any more of my time here.

I have delted most of my 300 postings, this place is unworthy.
I would not be asscoiated with most of you....
3-4 of you are cool,

the rest of you back ninthz, and you revel in doing BS,
like putting gum in people's hair ,and then bragging about it....wtf??

All of you should be ashamed at what you allow.

SOOOOo...... if the idiots who run this place want anarchy and enjoy
watching people rip each otehr apart, I am looking for a hobby,
and laying waste to the assholes around here might be fun.

Lets start with Thomas, and crackhead, and chriiis and ummmmm who else wants some??

Of course, I am sure, that I will "cross the line" but remember, I did not start this.

I would rather be kind, but I can be am meaner than anyone you ever met, l
so ets get it on motherfuckers.

When the supposed moderators did not delete the fucked up shit above,
they are asking for everyone to join in...SO LETS GO!!!!!!! FUCK IT ALL!!!!!
LETS BURN THIS PLACE TO THE FUCKING GROUND.

0r4ng3
06-01-2009, 09:51 AM
You're awfully uptight for a stoner.

Bipolar Bear
06-01-2009, 10:08 AM
I can say that upon joining a board, that type of comment would lead me to becoming a negative member. It's the type of comment that was common when I joined.

That post should really have been deleted. The mods are obviously playing favourites. It's a secret to no one that known flamers such as "ninth" and "rickycrack" get special leniency around here. I would probably have gotten a warning for such a post. Most people outside their circle of love would have had it deleted. Was the post even deleted though if ninth makes it? Nope.

Let's see what excuse 1565 comes up with. An easy way out at this point would be "I didn't see it!!" Somehow, when HAU (or me, or whoever else) makes an inappropriate account or post, it gets deleted in a matter of minutes, max a couple hours. Ninth's post is several days old. I would therefore advise another excuse. Also, please note that "bipolar bear gave internet death threats a year ago" is irrelevant to the discussion.

Okay, carry on.

Duskygrin
06-01-2009, 10:21 AM
What the bejesus are ye talking about?

RageAndLov
06-01-2009, 10:32 AM
I agree with both JPstoner and Bipolar Bear.
I have recently joined a forum some other place, and they have all taken me warmingly in to their forum, and that makes me wanting to continue to posting and be a part of the site.
If everyone went around saying things like "fuck you you newbie, you havent been here long enough/not enough posts and haven't got the right to speak your mind or feel like you are a part of something" I'd just leave and never come back.

Duskygrin
06-01-2009, 10:50 AM
... but only TWO persons were a bitch to Olive, and that was ninthz and somebody who came up with an idiotic moniker. Sure ninthz' post didn't get deleted, sure the mods don't give a shit, sure it's double-standards and all that, but surely Olive didn't get molested by others? And right now you're defending him, and making him feel better IF he's reading that, and that in a sense, makes this place worthwhile.

To be honest I've had to deal with so much hate directed against my person here, that this comment of ninthz' didn't elicit more than a "there, there" from me.

Plus I'm not going to insult ninthz more that I already have. Yes, you can check, there are posts where I call him an "obnoxious little prick" for being the bast he is, at times. It's not like my insulting him will change him into a lamb of God, you see. And I suppose I could have patted Olive on the shoulder and comforted him, but it does feel a bit awkward, too...

Oh, and you can check even further back, when ninthz was continually making this place hell for me, indulging in personalities far worse than "noone knows who you are, newbie". There was the frogpic of course, but there was other stuff, typical of his erm... bluntness (to put it mildly). In conclusion, I'll remind you that such treatment at his hands has inured me to verbal nastiness. Call it the school of hard knocks.

And I didn't mean the last paragraph in an erotic way. At all.

ninthz
06-01-2009, 08:44 PM
FUCK YOUth Ninthz
Agreed. Fully agreed. Fuck the youth.

You're awfully uptight for a stoner.
This. This for serious.

Plus I'm not going to insult ninthz more that I already have. Yes, you can check, there are posts where I call him an "obnoxious little prick" for being the bast he is, at times. It's not like my insulting him will change him into a lamb of God, you see. And I suppose I could have patted Olive on the shoulder and comforted him, but it does feel a bit awkward, too...
Hey beybeh <3

Skinny
06-01-2009, 09:41 PM
This place is so full of love!
As for the whole ninthz business.. yeah he probably took it too far, but I mean really.. Does Olive expect Bipolar Bear to have a nickname for him/her? Really? 52 posts? I consider myself an unknown member and wouldn't expect to have a nickname made for me (although if there is one, I'm all ears Bipolar..:))

ninthz.. maybe tone it down a little?

Skinny
06-01-2009, 09:42 PM
And am I the only one who found Bipolar's "SweetTits" quote funny? Anyone?:confused:

Bipolar Bear
06-01-2009, 09:44 PM
And am I the only one who found Bipolar's "SweetTits" quote funny? Anyone?:confused:

Me, I found it hilarious!

Skinny
06-01-2009, 09:50 PM

*cough*RageAndLov*cough*

jpstoner
06-01-2009, 09:51 PM
ninthz you are nothing but a cowardly pussy bitch.

you want some shit??,,,you got it you dickwad.

SOOOOo...... if the idiots who run this place want anarchy and enjoy
watching people rip each other apart, I am looking for a hobby,
and laying waste to the assholes around here might be fun.

Lets start with Thomas, and crackhead, and chriiis and ummmmm who else wants some??
ninthz wants a punch in the mouth for sure,,,er I meanthz forthz surethz, nice hair lip bitch...

Of course, I am sure, that I will "cross the line" but remember, I did not start this.

I would rather be kind, but I can be am meaner than anyone you ever met, l
so lets get it on motherfuckers.

When the supposed moderators did not delete the fucked up shit above,
they are asking for everyone to join in...SO LETS GO!!!!!!! FUCK IT ALL!!!!!
LETS BURN THIS PLACE TO THE FUCKING GROUND.

Duskygrin
06-01-2009, 09:51 PM
Noticed it too, found it cute.

To ninthz: 'lo, sugarballs.