PDA

View Full Version : A word on the setlists

IamSam
05-27-2009, 01:29 AM
I have sat back and watched people moan and complain about certain songs not appearing on the set lists.

"WE WANT LIGHTNING ROD!"

"zomg they should totally play Kick Him When He's Down!"

"Burn It Up needs to be played!"

Here is the deal: While I do agree that many of the older songs would be great to play live, there are several things that come into play that overrule our selfishness as fans.

1. The band has stated that many of those songs kill the crowd. The band's large fan base all don't inhabit this board or are as rabid of fans like many here. (Some of you are border line stalkers.)

2. The band has a HUGE catalog including a massive amount of very popular songs that are concert staples, plus new songs that must be played. The hits are an amazing list of songs and how odd would it be to go to an Offspring concert and not here some of the great ones because they have been substituted by a song that only a few people in the crowd have ever heard?

3. The last thing you have to think about is what if the band doesn't even want to play some of those songs? Just a thought.

Budzy
05-27-2009, 01:40 AM
I hope they play Meaning Of Life.

WebDudette
05-27-2009, 01:45 AM
Basically, yeah. And most of those songs are ones they haven't played in years and would have to re-learn and it just isn't worth it in a lot of cases. That or they just may not be able to play them and still have fun. I know the simplicity of Crimes came out of Burn Piano Island, Burn being to difficult to play live and have fun. Though, I don't think the Offspring have that problem.

Oxygene
05-27-2009, 03:18 AM
I have sat back and watched people moan and complain about certain songs not appearing on the set lists.

"WE WANT LIGHTNING ROD!"

Here is the deal: While I do agree that many of the older songs would be great to play live, there are several things that come into play that overrule our selfishness as fans.

1. The band has stated that many of those songs kill the crowd. The band's large fan base all don't inhabit this board or are as rabid of fans like many here. (Some of you are border line stalkers.)

2. The band has a HUGE catalog including a massive amount of very popular songs that are concert staples, plus new songs that must be played. The hits are an amazing list of songs and how odd would it be to go to an Offspring concert and not here some of the great ones because they have been substituted by a song that only a few people in the crowd have ever heard?

3. The last thing you have to think about is what if the band doesn't even want to play some of those songs? Just a thought.

zOMG so so so so true

I've been saying it so long!

The Search Button
05-27-2009, 03:39 AM

"WE WANT LIGHTNING ROD!"

4. What if they don't remember how to play some of those songs and don't even care to rehearse?

Play Sorority Bitch!!1111!! Zomg!!!!111!!

Dragnet
05-27-2009, 04:41 AM
I agree that playing an unknown song probably wouldn't be perfect since it would "kill" the crowd. However, most Offspring songs are rather short, so they could easily put in some less famous songs. Those two minutes don't hurt anyone.

Blitzkrieg Bop
05-27-2009, 05:24 AM
I agree that playing an unknown song probably wouldn't be perfect since it would "kill" the crowd. However, most Offspring songs are rather short, so they could easily put in some less famous songs. Those two minutes don't hurt anyone.

Hey everybody,
We can't wait to start the tour! It's gonna be great.

Yes, there will be some surprises...we're gonna have to throw in an old song here and there...which ones? We've been talking about Genocide, Burn it Up, or Mota.

Just in case you have forgotten ;)

SweetTatyana
05-27-2009, 08:26 AM
People are complaining now but once they see the show I'm sure they'll be happy regardless. I mean, all bands have to play their singles, it's unlikely more than 20% of the crowd at a show will have all their CDs to even know what they are playing if they focussed on old/unreleased stuff.
Even further, I like when bands play songs that everyone knows and the whole place goes nuts, its more fun!

Anyway yeah I love how Dexter is playing Gone Away on piano, thats amazing.

Outerspaceman21
05-27-2009, 08:28 AM
True. It's a fact we as fans must live with. They are not like Pennywise, who do really mix up their setlist every show.

dff_punk
05-27-2009, 08:32 AM
They are not like Pennywise, who do really mix up their setlist every show.

Yet it still sounds the same.

Don't get me wrong, I love Pennywise, but... I just had to.

Little_Miss_1565
05-27-2009, 08:35 AM
Just in case you have forgotten ;)

The idea that "Genocide" or "Mota" could be old songs makes me feel REALLY OLD. They played both when I saw them on the Americana tour. Oh fuck, that was more than 10 years ago. :( :( :(

Oxygene
05-27-2009, 08:51 AM
The idea that "Genocide" or "Mota" could be old songs makes me feel REALLY OLD. They played both when I saw them on the Americana tour. Oh fuck, that was more than 10 years ago. :( :( :(

MOTA as far as I'm concerned is a new song in and of it self... now that's disturbing :)

slagod
05-27-2009, 08:59 AM
I read your previous posts...

But come back to 2008 on Japan Tour.
They played almost every single song from RAFRAG.
Also I remember that they played 24 songs on the one of the Japan show...
so what's the problem to do it again and more often?

I understand that most fans on the Offspring performs know only
the Offspring hits, but we, the fans from BBS :) are special one and
I think we should also get what we want a little bit - like songs they
played years ago :D

hshduppsnt
05-27-2009, 11:51 AM

MOTA as far as I'm concerned is a new song in and of it self... now that's disturbing :)

haha I feel exactly the same way! but I've been a witness to it, at the club show in anaheim last year dexter even commented that half the crowd didn't know the words to Genocide... and he was right...

besides, one of the things that make the offspring shows so awesome is that they turn into one massive sing along (and not for just one or two songs!)... so as much as I'd like to hear some old songs *cough* blackball *cough* it makes sense and is still an awesome show. At the end of the day I'm excited about hearing some new songs they haven't played live off of the new album, so... should be a good time.

man... I remember meaning of life, mota, and such being the New songs...

Bipolar Bear
05-27-2009, 12:23 PM
Here's a plan - they play all their usual songs PLUS some rarer ones.

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
05-27-2009, 01:50 PM
play Let's Hear It For Rock Bottom

bighead384
05-27-2009, 02:36 PM
At least in the general area I was standing, Want You Bad was a minor crowd killer. Well, even that's an overstatement but it didn't go over amazingly well or anything. I think they could throw one more older one in there then they normally do, IamSam has some good points.

Dexter_italy
05-27-2009, 03:10 PM
For me it would be cool if they touched every album with at least one song. In 22songs its possible come on :) I like listening to have you ever or staring at the sun, they're huge songs, but they're 10 years playing them now...let's change a bit :D

RageAndLov
05-27-2009, 03:55 PM
Here's a plan - they play all their usual songs PLUS some rarer ones.

Absolutely!

Greekoldfan
05-27-2009, 04:09 PM
I totallyagree with you too!

viper817
05-27-2009, 08:04 PM
After going to the Kansas City show last week, I was totally bummed about the set list. First of all they only played for 50 minutes !!! The worst was that they barely played any from the new album. The guy earlier was suggesting Rock Bottom, that would be awesome. And how about Takes me Nowhere too?
They didnt even play the song that the tour was named after??? I have been going to Offspring shows for a long time and am grateful every time that they are close enough to see. Just wish they would mix it up a bit.

IamSam
05-27-2009, 08:30 PM
ONLY 50 minutes? Have you ever...EVER sang for 50 minutes straight?

bighead384
05-27-2009, 08:53 PM

Compared to other bands, that's not a lot...

randman21
05-27-2009, 09:00 PM
Good point, but in all fairness, they have and, in fact, regularly do. I'm mostly with you on this and the whole topic of the thread, but 1 1/2 hours went by in a snap at the Nashville show, so I can imagine what 50 minutes would have felt like. :P

Llamas
05-27-2009, 09:07 PM
50 minutes is a really short show... I've only seen two shows that short: The Used and Evanescence. Both bands only had one album out when I saw them, so they just ran out of material.

IamSam
05-27-2009, 09:27 PM
True. My point though is that after several shows where Dexter is using and abusing his voice a short show of 50 minutes must feel like heaven. I know back in the day when I was signing I was always glad when we cut our stuff down to only a few songs. But I'm not Dexter so I could be completely wrong.

truetilldeath303
05-29-2009, 10:42 AM
My sister and I were backstage a few years back, and we talked to Dexter about why they didn't play any songs off Ignition. He said it was because their newer fan base isn't as familiar with the older songs, and only a small minority of fans that come to their shows know songs off the 1st two albums. He went on to say that they love playing those songs, but they tend to fall on deaf ears...

Dragnet
05-29-2009, 10:54 AM

Are you joking? :confused:
A 50 minutes set for a regular show is a fucking joke.

Man, it really makes me wanna puke how some people come to The Offsprings defense EVERY single time.

KHWHD
05-29-2009, 10:57 AM
My sister and I were backstage a few years back, and we talked to Dexter about why they didn't play any songs off Ignition. He said it was because their newer fan base isn't as familiar with the older songs, and only a small minority of fans that come to their shows know songs off the 1st two albums. He went on to say that they love playing those songs, but they tend to fall on deaf ears...

Interesting, but it wouldn't kill them to play a couple songs.

Dexter_italy
05-29-2009, 11:51 AM
My band plays 1hour and a half...but we suck:D

Oxygene
05-29-2009, 11:55 AM

Man, it really makes me wanna puke how some people come to The Offsprings defense EVERY single time.

so puke
what's holding u back?

Dragnet
05-29-2009, 12:19 PM
I believe it's my god given right to puke on everything in my sight!

hshduppsnt
05-29-2009, 12:27 PM
I believe it's my god given right to puke on everything in my sight!

thats a disturbing way to look at life but I suppose if your esophagus isn't going to complain then you aren't necessarily wrong...?

IamSam
05-29-2009, 01:23 PM

Shut it. My point is that after singing over an hour every night for extended periods of time your voice gets tired.

Dragnet
05-29-2009, 05:55 PM
Okay, I got your point.

Llamas
05-29-2009, 06:47 PM
True. My point though is that after several shows where Dexter is using and abusing his voice a short show of 50 minutes must feel like heaven. I know back in the day when I was signing I was always glad when we cut our stuff down to only a few songs. But I'm not Dexter so I could be completely wrong.

Not really a fair thing to say, though. It's surely easier and relaxing, but people weren't paying upwards of $50 a pop to see you sing for 50 minutes. That's a dollar a minute... with the amount of money a band makes, I expect to get what I paid for, and if it's harder work, so be it.

brothadave79
05-29-2009, 07:43 PM
Not really a fair thing to say, though. It's surely easier and relaxing, but people weren't paying upwards of $50 a pop to see you sing for 50 minutes. That's a dollar a minute... with the amount of money a band makes, I expect to get what I paid for, and if it's harder work, so be it.

Exactly. They are professionals who have done this for decades. Yeah, my voice gets very tired singing for an hour, but I don't have the same level of talent or experience and people don't pay good money to hear me. Granted, it may still get tiring for them, but then perhaps they need to schedule some breaks to avoid phoning in any of their performances. [Not to say that they have in my experience. Every show I've been to has been top-notch.]

That said, I understand that if I go to see them at a festival-type event, I will likely not be seeing a broad sampling of their discography. They'd almost certainly not play anything that was not a widely circulated hit. At the WMMRBQ, I realized both of these would be a reality. They played for an hour or less and played only their well known songs (Half-Truism was just getting radio play). The Warped Tour in 2005 was almost the same deal. On the one hand, they played Session, but the show still clocked in shorter at about 40 minutes. I didn't dare bitch about the setlists or lengths for either.

Oxygene
05-30-2009, 03:47 AM

Yeah.. you are soo right, infact for the amount of money I spend on the band I expect them to not only sing for more than 50 minutes but come back to my house after the show and do some landscaping as well... and then paint my house.

Jesus
05-30-2009, 04:12 AM

It wasn't a regular show. The Kansas show was a festival, so it mostly depends on the people running the festival. It wasn't their own show which are longer.

Although the way Dexter sings makes it hard for them to play sets as long as the usual big bands I think. I don't think he could play for like over 2 hours like green day or 3 hours like the cure does and still have a voice left after a couple of shows ;).

SpLinteR
05-30-2009, 11:19 AM
IMO they should change at least one song per show, varying old songs and the new ones they're not playing regulary...
would be awesome hear again songs like Session, Kick Him When He's Down, The Meaning Of Life, Million Miles Away, The Noose, Long Way Home and Da Hui
it would keep their set more interisting for the fans...
every night a suprise ;)

IamSam
05-30-2009, 12:05 PM

So you would rather him sing for long periods of time and then suck somewhere down the road so that others don't get their money's worth?

Dexter_italy
05-30-2009, 12:38 PM
So you would rather him sing for long periods of time and then suck somewhere down the road so that others don't get their money's worth?

If you can't handle it just do less shows... and this isn't referret to dexter, because they usually do 1h and 15 minutes of show ( 1.30 woul be better). But you have to know your limits, if you can't sing 2 nights in a row just don't do it..

RageAndLov
05-30-2009, 02:53 PM
Green Day's shows last for about 2 hours, and they manage to do several shows in a row.

Little_Miss_1565
05-30-2009, 03:27 PM

Dragnet, you don't go to many shows, do you?

Why you guys gotta be so negative?

Llamas
05-30-2009, 03:36 PM

You say this as though every Offspring show is 50 minutes and they never go longer because Dexter can't handle it. We know that's not true. By putting on a full length show, he's not making it so he'll suck at another show... if they ALWAYS played for 50 minutes, that'd be different. But people expect a concert to last longer than that when they fork out $50 or more. I'd be genuinely upset if I paid that much for a show that short if I was expecting a normal-length show. When I saw them, they played for about 90 min.

bighead384
05-30-2009, 04:08 PM
Dragnet, you don't go to many shows, do you?

Why you guys gotta be so negative?

Uh, all he's basically saying is that 50 minutes is short compared to other bands like The Offspring (especially for a band that does "Intermission" at every show lol), and that people shouldn't blindly act as if The Offspring is flawless. Is there a problem?

Little_Miss_1565
05-30-2009, 04:34 PM
Uh, all he's basically saying is that 50 minutes is short compared to other bands like The Offspring (especially for a band that does "Intermission" at every show lol), and that people shouldn't blindly act as if The Offspring is flawless. Is there a problem?

No problem other than 50 minutes is pretty average for most bands. I have no idea how long the band has been playing their headlining sets, but to say that most bands don't play 50 minutes is wrong on its face.

IamSam
05-30-2009, 04:41 PM
You say this as though every Offspring show is 50 minutes and they never go longer because Dexter can't handle it.
No I wasn't. Although I'd like you to name me the last time The Offspring played for 90 minutes.

Free?
05-30-2009, 04:51 PM
... people shouldn't blindly act as if The Offspring is flawless. Is there a problem?

We have some other people here that think it's nice to pick on every small thing they can argue about.
50 minutes is short indeed, but I'm usually deadly tired (physically exhausted) after a 30 min show. And it's not even an Offspring show. Also, Offspring doesn't do the long fillers stuff, they play a song after song, there's only single intermission, you should take that into account as well.
P.S.: stay positive!

randman21
05-30-2009, 05:37 PM
No I wasn't. Although I'd like you to name me the last time The Offspring played for 90 minutes.

May 15, 2009. :D It was close enough to 90 minutes, if it wasn't quite. The only time a 50 minute show would upset me is if I was there. Otherwise, realistically, I know it's got to happen sometimes. Just as they don't play all 50 minute shows, I don't think they could last for 90 minutes every night. And if it's a festival, then it's completely understandable.

bighead384
05-30-2009, 11:40 PM
Just as they don't play all 50 minute shows, I don't think they could last for 90 minutes every night. And if it's a festival, then it's completely understandable.

I saw them at a festival, and they were scheduled to play for a little over an hour. I'm pretty sure it was even a little longer than that though.

Oxygene
05-31-2009, 02:41 AM
You guys need to stop bitching and moaning this mindless spoiled attitude is just facepalm.

I went to a high school last night and met a guy who I went to the garage show with in 1999, he isn't even a real offspring fan and we haven't talked in like 8-9 years and he came up to me and we talked a bit and he said that it was such a huge deal for him and one of his best memories ever, and thanked me for it.

You guys need to stop behaving like spoiled rich upper class rejects who think the world revolve around their mighty dollar.

It don't

slagod
05-31-2009, 04:15 AM
I agree with that people, who even aren't Offspring fans, come
to the Offspring perform want to do it again, even if the show just
sucks :)

Still we love them for their fucking awesome great music, dont' we? :D

Dexter_italy
05-31-2009, 04:54 AM
Green Day's shows last for about 2 hours, and they manage to do several shows in a row.

Don't compare Dexter's range of voice with billie's.... His songs are so easy to sing..no high notes... It's completly different.

randman21
05-31-2009, 05:28 AM
I saw them at a festival, and they were scheduled to play for a little over an hour. I'm pretty sure it was even a little longer than that though.
That's cool. Mine was a festival, too. But there was only one stage and like 4 other bands (I don't know if this is typical festival stuff), so they all had long sets.

Llamas
05-31-2009, 11:33 AM

I saw them in 2004 and they played 90 minutes.

And as far as Oxy's comment, I'm not bitching and moaning or thinking my dollar is so important. I just expect to get what I paid for. It's not like, if I paid for a concert and they only played 50 minutes, I'd throw a bitchfit and boycott the band or something stupid. I just simply think that's short and not worth the money.

Oh, and as far as the idea that "50 min is pretty average"... I've been to dozens of concerts in my life, and only two were around 50 min. I can specifically recall those two shows because I was so disappointed. 80% of the shows I've been to have lasted between 75 and 90 minutes... some creeping up toward two hours (sometimes more, too), sometimes closer to an hour. But only two were under an hour.

Oxygene
05-31-2009, 12:49 PM
I saw them in 2004 and they played 90 minutes.

And as far as Oxy's comment, I'm not bitching and moaning or thinking my dollar is so important. I just expect to get what I paid for. It's not like, if I paid for a concert and they only played 50 minutes, I'd throw a bitchfit and boycott the band or something stupid. I just simply think that's short and not worth the money.

Oh, and as far as the idea that "50 min is pretty average"... I've been to dozens of concerts in my life, and only two were around 50 min. I can specifically recall those two shows because I was so disappointed. 80% of the shows I've been to have lasted between 75 and 90 minutes... some creeping up toward two hours (sometimes more, too), sometimes closer to an hour. But only two were under an hour.

I think the "I paid good moneyz so I am tha kingz" is a pissy attitude to take. How long they play has nothing to do with ticket prices etc. They like to play between 75-90 minutes, which is I think is a very reasonable scale. When they play less, it isn't by their choice, and even if it was, they probably had a good reason, so it's all a cow's oppinion. a m0000t point.

Interesting fact (I don't know if u will believe this or not, but that obviously won't change the fact that it's true). I wrote 75-90 minutes without having read your second paragraph.

Llamas
05-31-2009, 03:50 PM
I truly don't believe there's anything wrong with me taking the attitude that I don't think it's worth the money so I wouldn't spend it. It is my hard earned money, and I do get to decide how I spend it... if I knew a band was only gonna play 50 minutes, I wouldn't spend more than $20 for the show. To me, it wouldn't be worth my money. It's not the same as saying I GIVE YOU MONEY NOW YOU DANCE FOR ME; it's just saying that it's not worth it to me. This is especially true because the Offspring is already on the top of the scale of what I'd pay to see a rock concert. So I'm not going to pay my max in order to see 50 min. It's all about how I choose to spend my money. I don't care if they do it, but it's just not worth it to me.

Little_Miss_1565
05-31-2009, 06:18 PM
Sorry to interrupt the facepalm party, but does anyone have actual information on the length of their set on this tour? I'm seeing 75 mins, I'm seeing 90 mins.

randman21
05-31-2009, 06:44 PM
See. that's the thing. If what everyone is saying is true, some (EDIT: or one) have lasted 50 minutes, some 75, some 90.

Little_Miss_1565
05-31-2009, 06:45 PM
But the 50 min set was a festival, right?

randman21
05-31-2009, 06:48 PM
Yeah. But so was the 90 minute one. Hmm, I don't even know about the non-festival ones.

bighead384
05-31-2009, 11:48 PM
They usually play 17-18 songs, and I'd say the average is about 3 minutes a song. So that's 54 minutes right there. That's not including the "Intermission" that they always do, and the time in between songs, and the almost obligatory "walk off stage and wait for people to chant "one more song" bit. For them to clock in at 50 minutes would mean for them to play about 13 songs when you factor all the extra time in.

Just thought I'd put some numbers behind it. Any idiot knows that 50 minutes is a ridiculously short concert...I don't know what the hell is wrong with some of you. 13 songs for 50 dollars? Fuck you.

Little_Miss_1565
05-31-2009, 11:54 PM
I will repeat myself since apparently "does anyone know how long they are playing on this tour" means "let's continue the bullshit conjecture and then get angry needlessly about things that might not be the case."

I know people on these forums have seen shows on this tour. I've seen the evidence. How long are their sets when they are headlining and not at a festival?

bighead384
05-31-2009, 11:56 PM
I know people on these forums have seen shows on this tour. I've seen the evidence. How long are their sets when they are headlining and not at a festival?

35-38 minutes longer than the sets they've been doing for the past few years.

Tony
06-01-2009, 02:01 AM
ok,

choose 5 songs they always play

a) you think irreplaceable in an offspring set,
b) you think they should stop playing, at least for a while...

c) choose songs of which you would like to see live.

Let me begin:

a) bad habit, all i want, self esteem, pretty fly, hammerhead now.... have u ever...;)
B) want you bad, can't get my, staring at the sun, walla walla, the kids aren't alright

c) more old songs, more covers, and some remixed songs like they already do with gone away and more surprises.

what do the post mean??
I think that the offspring is a really great band, i follow them since smash release. They have a lot of songs to play live for us, but they always play the same stuffs.... I'd like them to change their setlists, at least some songs at each show, they're able to make it right? It'll never happen but...

My opinion is, the offspring cannot have fun playing always the same.
When you like music, and you play guitar as i play, you normally like to change...

I went to many offspring, and i'll be in paris in some days, because i have fun slamming and jumping around, but i know what they will play.....:cool:

Free?
06-01-2009, 02:52 AM
Wasn't it already said for million times before that the band doesn't set the ticket price? Also, I believe that the band doesn't have full control on their shows length either.
So, I don't know, call the organizers and demand the fair price, what do you want from us or from the band?

Also, what llamas said, it's up to you, to pay 50$ for 50 min set or not to, no one can blame you for decision, of course I'd pay, but if you already have been on many Offspring shows or you can't afford the high price then feel free to skip the concert, but if it's the first Offspring show you're going to, then it's sad to see you so much bothered with twice higher ticket price. It's really one of those things that usually get neglected by a fan who's about to see his favorite artist for the first time. What is 30$ for you? The food you consume in 2-3 days? It's a fucking holiday, not everyday routine.

bighead384
06-01-2009, 11:57 AM
Wasn't it already said for million times before that the band doesn't set the ticket price? Also, I believe that the band doesn't have full control on their shows length either.
So, I don't know, call the organizers and demand the fair price, what do you want from us or from the band?

Also, what llamas said, it's up to you, to pay 50$ for 50 min set or not to, no one can blame you for decision, of course I'd pay, but if you already have been on many Offspring shows or you can't afford the high price then feel free to skip the concert, but if it's the first Offspring show you're going to, then it's sad to see you so much bothered with twice higher ticket price. It's really one of those things that usually get neglected by a fan who's about to see his favorite artist for the first time. What is 30$ for you? The food you consume in 2-3 days? It's a fucking holiday, not everyday routine.

No, anyone that would pay 50 bucks for a 50 minutes set without at least being annoyed is stupid. Especially when you have to drive there and pay tolls, pay for food, etc. When it comes to The Offspring, a 50 minute show would mean 12-13 songs for 50 bucks. And don't even try that "that's your opinion" crap. Yeah, just like it's "my opinion" that dog shit smells bad.

Oxygene
06-01-2009, 12:00 PM
No, anyone that would pay 50 bucks for a 50 minutes set without at least being annoyed is stupid. Especially when you have to drive there and pay tolls, pay for food, etc. When it comes to The Offspring, a 50 minute show would mean 12-13 songs for 50 bucks. And don't even try that "that's your opinion" crap. Yeah, just like it's "my opinion" that dog shit smells bad.

Then I'm proud to be stupid.

bighead384
06-01-2009, 12:02 PM
Then I'm proud to be stupid.

My friend was trying to tell me that dog shit smells bad. What he doesn't understand is, that argument holds no water if you presented it to scholars. Hello? Objective vs. Subjective! What an anti-intellectual goon!

Seriously...I want you to ask yourself what you're getting out of this.

Edit: Actually, if each song is an average of 3 minutes, then it would be more like 10-11 songs for 50 dollars when you factor in down time.

Free?
06-01-2009, 12:13 PM

Or maybe that anyone would have his little savings for such days when he can afford spending money without worrying much about paying extra twenty bucks to just have a good time with great memories.

IamSam
06-01-2009, 12:14 PM
I would be happy with 50 minutes. 30 minutes on the other hand...well. I mean, I just want to see the band so 50 minutes for me would just be heaven.

bighead384
06-01-2009, 12:16 PM
Alright, as far as I'm concerned this conversation is over. This is ridiculous. This is stupid.

Little_Miss_1565
06-01-2009, 12:38 PM
For once I agree. If the band is not playing 50 minute sets on their headlining tours, this is really pretty silly to keep arguing about.

Oxygene
06-01-2009, 12:43 PM
For once I agree. If the band is not playing 50 minute sets on their headlining tours, this is really pretty silly to keep arguing about.

But I'm still stupid for not bitching and moaning right? :D

Llamas
06-02-2009, 01:10 AM

I have seen the band before, and it was a fun show. I was hoping to catch them again this summer, but it looks like I won't be able to. The show I was hoping to catch would've cost me about $15 to get in and they would've had the stage for 1.5-2 hours (that of course doesn't mean they'd use the entire block of time). For that particular show, I wouldn't be too disappointed by a 50 minute show, but I don't know. That's just not much of a concert to me.

But yes, people getting mad about this and acting like the Offspring is a bunch of assholes is pretty annoying. I was mostly just refuting what Iamsam said about 50 minutes being a long show cause singing that long is really hard.

Smash_Returns
06-02-2009, 06:00 PM
I don't mind if they don't play obscure stuff. I just would like some older singles/favorites (Bad Habit, TMOL, etc..)

IamSam
06-02-2009, 07:30 PM
But yes, people getting mad about this and acting like the Offspring is a bunch of assholes is pretty annoying. I was mostly just refuting what Iamsam said about 50 minutes being a long show cause singing that long is really hard.

I didn't say it was a long show. I said that singing for 90 minutes every night would put quite the strain on your vocal cords.

IamSam
06-03-2009, 12:23 AM
Well 75 minutes isn't even enough time apparently... (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38006)