PDA

View Full Version : university of california

denialrevisited666
05-27-2009, 04:21 PM
hey people i am planning a term abroad. lol

as i am student for foreign languages i would like to spend some months in california and study at the uni of cali. i would be glad if someone could might tell me how the living conditions are. if i can find a place to live easily, where can i look up for flats (internet-sides, or newspaper like in germany)? how expensive it is? short: i need some information! thanks a lot for your help!

later

jacknife737
05-27-2009, 05:13 PM
I'd assume that the university to which you're planning to study at, would have some sort of housing office that could help you find a place to stay.

Check out the university's website.

coke_a_holic
05-27-2009, 06:25 PM
University of California has many different campuses: Los Angeles, San Diego, Davis, Santa Barbara, Berkely, etc. You'll need to figure out where you want to live first and what campus best suits your major and all of that.

hshduppsnt
05-27-2009, 07:08 PM
Yes, feel free to PM me, I am VERY familiar with UC Berkeley, UCLA, and UC Irvine, along with some knowledge of UC San Diego and UC Davis.

(I did my bachelors at UC Berkeley, Masters at UCI, and am doing my PhD at UCLA).

Endymion
05-29-2009, 03:03 AM
i'm at uc davis, if you have any questions about that.

Outerspaceman21
05-29-2009, 07:25 AM
I'm planning on transfering to UC Riverside when I get my general ed done.

denialrevisited666
05-29-2009, 10:24 AM
i'm looking for a uni where you can do the ba...and i need a uni where i can participate in every course i choose and not only for "foreigners". i have to write exams. and i need a place to live at...lol so it's a lot i guess, what i've to manage?right?

Outerspaceman21
05-29-2009, 10:27 AM
i'm looking for a uni where you can do the ba...and i need a uni where i can participate in every course i choose and not only for "foreigners". i have to write exams. and i need a place to live at...lol so it's a lot i guess, what i've to manage?right?

I'm a really good writer and you could sleep on my couch. There, problem solved!

denialrevisited666
05-29-2009, 10:34 AM
lol, yeah thanks! but i would also like to have an own little room for myself...

hshduppsnt
05-29-2009, 11:52 AM
I'm pretty sure (at least from what I've seen) if you get into the UCs on a transfer (exchange program or something) you can take any class, so I don't think you'd have to worry about that.

Each school probably has an exchange set up of some sort that would have more info in that respect, though where on the website you'd find that info I'm not entirely clear on... (i'll take a quick look later and see if I come across anything).

EDIT: I guess what are you looking for, to pick a specific UC? because then you should look at what you want to take, where you want to live (ie how much you want to spend, near the ocean, warmer, colder, places you can live without a car, etc)...

denialrevisited666
05-29-2009, 03:05 PM
well i would like to stay near the beach of course, who doesn't want that? and unfortunately i don't have a car and i don't have so much money. so i think my wishes won't come true. but i would love to study in cali and live the american way of life...