PDA

View Full Version : VENUEs changes

RonWelty
05-28-2009, 02:45 PM
Another one:
http://www.offspring.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Offspring.woa/wa/news?year=2009&newsID=767272

Why can't they admit that the change was because of low tickets selling?

Little_Miss_1565
05-28-2009, 03:19 PM
Because it's their website and why would anyone ever write something like that on their website? Give the guys a break, man.

nameless
05-28-2009, 03:22 PM
maybe there really was a scheduling conflict?!

RonWelty
05-28-2009, 03:31 PM
Because it's their website and why would anyone ever write something like that on their website? Give the guys a break, man.

You like to kiss their ass, don't you?
I like them as much as you, but I don't buy everyshit they say..

Dragnet
05-28-2009, 03:43 PM
How often did this happen during this tour?

Mr. Welty to the rescue!

jacknife737
05-28-2009, 03:49 PM

This is pretty funny, coming from you.

Your posts are fine for the most part; but it was pretty silly to suggest that they should claim that, since no band ever would.

WebDudette
05-28-2009, 03:54 PM
Oh shit, Marquee Theater? I might actually go now.

RonWelty
05-28-2009, 04:12 PM
How often did this happen during this tour?

Mr. Welty to the rescue!

Second time. First was in Austin I guess.

RonWelty
05-28-2009, 04:13 PM
This is pretty funny, coming from you.

Your posts are fine for the most part; but it was pretty silly to suggest that they should claim that, since no band ever would.

a) Why it's funny, because its from me?
b) you're right. That was silly. But its the truth.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/uponsun/2009/05/the_offspring_switched_from_me.php

IamSam
05-28-2009, 04:22 PM
It's funny because you're a giant Dexter ass kisser. Don't worry, there are many like you, but for you to say that it is very hypocritical.

Also, who cares?

RonWelty
05-28-2009, 04:25 PM
It's funny because you're a giant Dexter ass kisser. Don't worry, there are many like you, but for you to say that it is very hypocritical.

Also, who cares?

ME? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL I'm writting songs about his "erectile disfunction" and even write a PSYCHO DEXTER character in that DEXTER's JOURNAL by RonWelty Thread.... Of course I love him and He's one of my youth's Idol but saying I'm a giant Dexter Ass Kisser is just being ignorant, in my opinion dude.

IamSam
05-28-2009, 04:36 PM
Ok, maybe ass kisser is too light of a term. How does 'crazy-psycho-stalker' fit you? Like a glove?

RonWelty
05-28-2009, 04:40 PM
ok, maybe ass kisser is too light of a term. How does 'crazy-psycho-stalker' fit you? Like a glove?

No sorry, I don't wear your clothes.. Douchebag...

I just love all this fools that got into here like last year and they all act like they are the "king of the hill".
How can you want that I avoid these people. they all hit at me. In 1.5 year most of these dudes got like 2000 to 4000 posts but, interestingly, they are always complaining about my total post numbers...

Conclusion: stupid fight about stupid things. Quite common here nowadays.

IamSam
05-28-2009, 04:53 PM
I had a previous account and have been here for 3 years total. Don't act like being here longer allows you more gravitas. Your behavior has always been that of a crazed fan, not that there is anything wrong with it. I just want to suggest you stop going so overboard with your accusations. ESPECIALLY seeing that you don't live in the USA and don't know the venues.

RonWelty
05-28-2009, 04:57 PM
I had a previous account and have been here for 3 years total. Don't act like being here longer allows you more gravitas. Your behavior has always been that of a crazed fan, not that there is anything wrong with it. I just want to suggest you stop going so overboard with your accusations. ESPECIALLY seeing that you don't live in the USA and don't know the venues.

THERE ARE FUCKING PHOTOS and official websites of venues! What accusation? that is true. I bet, sadly, we all will gonna see a lot of more "schedulle conflicts". Even that link I posted states the same.
Dude: just by being here the real world sees you as a "crazed fan". Random listeners Don't hang in here.

IamSam
05-28-2009, 05:02 PM
There is no arguing with you, is there?

And there is a difference from 'crazed fan' to 'a big fan.' I'm a big fan. I'm not rabid like yourself.

Gustavo
05-28-2009, 05:03 PM
Why does everyone seem to be against RonWelty now? I've said it before and will say it again, you should be thanking him.

RonWelty
05-28-2009, 05:06 PM
There is no arguing with you, is there?

And there is a difference from 'crazed fan' to 'a big fan.' I'm a big fan. I'm not rabid like yourself.

Okay. Thanks for your opinion.
Thanks Igustavo and AllIn All It's Not So Bad for you kind words. Is for people like you that I "work".

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
05-28-2009, 05:07 PM
Why does everyone seem to be against RonWelty now? I've said it before and will say it again, you should be thanking him.i was just about to say the same before you posted

IamSam
05-28-2009, 05:11 PM
Why does everyone seem to be against RonWelty now? I've said it before and will say it again, you should be thanking him.

He says certain things that are way over the top without doing complete research or asking others what they think. But once again, that is just my opinion.

Gustavo
05-28-2009, 05:22 PM
He says certain things that are way over the top without doing complete research or asking others what they think. But once again, that is just my opinion.

And what have you done for the boards?
I don't recall seeing any thread of yours that contains useful informations about the band or stuff. RonWelty does spend a lot of time on here, but I know him, and he studies hard, and most times I talk to him, he's away or something, so, he doesn't use the boards 24/7 like most of you ASSUME. And I really don't get why you guys make such a big deal out of him posting stuff about the band... I know that the General Chat and other sections are fun and stuff, but this place was meant to be a place to talk about The Offspring, but I assume most of you have sort of forgotten about it, haven't you? Give him a break, SERIOUSLY!

IamSam
05-28-2009, 05:30 PM
And what have you done for the boards?
I don't recall seeing any thread of yours that contains useful informations about the band or stuff. RonWelty does spend a lot of time on here, but I know him, and he studies hard, and most times I talk to him, he's away or something, so, he doesn't use the boards 24/7 like most of you ASSUME. And I really don't get why you guys make such a big deal out of him posting stuff about the band... I know that the General Chat and other sections are fun and stuff, but this place was meant to be a place to talk about The Offspring, but I assume most of you have sort of forgotten about it, haven't you? Give him a break, SERIOUSLY!

One, I don't have to prove myself to you.

Also you're putting words in my mouth. I don't get mad at the info he posts, most of it is good. It's the accusations of why some things happen and the 'problems' with venues that he rants about.

Gustavo
05-28-2009, 05:35 PM

Also you're putting words in my mouth. I don't get mad at the info he posts, most of it is good. It's the accusations of why some things happen and the 'problems' with venues that he rants about.

One, I've never told you to prove yourself to me.

By 'you', I meant most everyone from the boards.

RonWelty
05-28-2009, 05:38 PM

Man, let's do some brainstorming here.

1) They booked this show a lot of time ago, of course they have asked if there was any show at the same day.
2) After two weeks they already have 2 changes
3) In both of them they changed from a big-size venue to a medium/small venue.

"Friends" again?

WebDudette
05-28-2009, 05:43 PM
I'm writting songs about his "erectile disfunction" and even write a PSYCHO DEXTER character in that DEXTER's JOURNAL by RonWelty Thread....

The mere fact that this exists is an example of psycho fandom. Being a member of this board doesn't make you a huge fan by any means. This is a forum infamous for having a lot of members who don't even listen to the band.

Anyway, back to the original point. Whether or not they changed venues because of conflicts or tickets sales is irrelevant. No band would ever admit to a change of venue because they couldn't sell enough tickets for the original venue.

Mesa Amphitheater, while bigger then the Marquee, is still not very big.

IamSam
05-28-2009, 05:45 PM
One, I've never told you to prove yourself to me.

You did by asking what I've done for the boards.

Ron: And even if they did move it because of your hypothesis the band wouldn't say that was the reason why (refer to PilZ-E). Plus, I personally would like to see them at a smaller venue.

Gringa Bandita
05-28-2009, 05:47 PM
It's not like they're obligated to spell everything out for us and provide details. They could have possibly sold OUT of tickets, and THAT can be considered a scheduling conflict as well because the venue they chose conflicts with the number of unanticipated sales (high or low, not our business). If they had scheduled sometime in the future or past, maybe there would have been no venue conflict.

Now be a little more respectful : ) This band has been through a lot and they are very smart dudes. They don't need fans to nitpick at their every move.

Gustavo
05-28-2009, 05:49 PM
You did by asking what I've done for the boards.

I didn't say you had to answer it, though.

But anyway, what I want to say is, RonWelty is a good guy, let's try not to pick on him so much! ;)

RonWelty
05-28-2009, 05:53 PM
It's not like they're obligated to spell everything out for us and provide details. They could have possibly sold OUT of tickets, and THAT can be considered a scheduling conflict as well because the venue they chose conflicts with the number of unanticipated sales (high or low, not our business). If they had scheduled sometime in the future or past, maybe there would have been no venue conflict.

Now be a little more respectful : ) This band has been through a lot and they are very smart dudes. They don't need fans to nitpick at their every move.

People that lost their jobs and homes have been through a lot, not these guys. They are so damn lucky of their life.

I AM SAM: I prefer them too on small venues. But it was a really bad decision to be so ambitious in some cities. It was a gamble move, it went bad, too bad. The problem is that all these changes are getting some impact on local media and that kills show's promotion.

IMO to a fan every move is important. At least, IMO. I just care about some small-maybe-stupid-or-silly-details. I love details.

Now I see that it will be dumb for them to post "LOW SALES" IN their official site, okay, but the main point still stands: They're not selling too well in some places.

WebDudette
05-28-2009, 06:08 PM
To be honest, Mesa Amphitheater wasn't setting their sights very high. It holds around 4,000. The Marquee is about half that size.

IamSam
05-28-2009, 06:11 PM
I didn't say you had to answer it, though.

It doesn't matter if I wasn't supposed to answer it or not, you were openly challenging me as if this message board were a pissing contest to see who is more fan than the other.

05-28-2009, 06:18 PM
i hate to say it but RAFRAG is fucked
the offspring should stop promoting it
they started the tour too late
they should have started it during yggfk
instead of choosing kristy, they should have chose a lot like me to be a single

RonWelty
05-28-2009, 06:33 PM
To be honest, Mesa Amphitheater wasn't setting their sights very high. It holds around 4,000. The Marquee is about half that size.

Actually 4000 is too few for a open amphitheater. So I guess Phoenix is not going to see Offspring any time sooner after this one lol. If they changed for a 2000 and they're still selling tickets it means Phoenix isn't digging Offspring after all.

In Other side, I heard their show in Vegas was sold out.

Little_Miss_1565
05-28-2009, 07:16 PM

You don't make any sense. You are so fixated on everything they do or is said about them, but because I point out that no band would ever say "due to slow ticket sales" on their own website I'm kissing their ass? Sorry, didn't realize that logic was too much to ask.

And he has been thanked for these things, and defended when people needlessly talk smack about him. That's not to say though that everything he's posted has been welcome. But I thought it could be understood by the idea that he's a really big fan who just gets a little too excited sometimes and occasionally goes too far.

This. This thread feels pretty nasty.

I didn't say you had to answer it, though

Stop being willfully obtuse.

People that lost their jobs and homes have been through a lot, not these guys. They are so damn lucky of their life.

Now I see that it will be dumb for them to post "LOW SALES" IN their official site, okay, but the main point still stands: They're not selling too well in some places.

For someone who says he likes this band so much, you are really mean. Like, intentionally, knowingly mean.

i hate to say it but RAFRAG is fucked
the offspring should stop promoting it
they started the tour too late
they should have started it during yggfk
instead of choosing kristy, they should have chose a lot like me to be a single

Everybody can be a monday morning quarterback. And why should the band stop promoting it? Are they getting negative feedback? No. Don't forget you guys that their fans are young, these tickets aren't cheap, and we're in the middle of a really intense recession. Not everybody has a lot of money to throw around and entertainment is the first thing people cut back on.

Gustavo
05-28-2009, 07:16 PM
It doesn't matter if I wasn't supposed to answer it or not, you were openly challenging me as if this message board were a pissing contest to see who is more fan than the other.

Erm... Let me just use your words.

you're putting words in my mouth.

Little_Miss_1565
05-28-2009, 07:18 PM
iGustavo, that doesn't even make sense.

cool 2 hate 681
05-28-2009, 07:22 PM
that sucks they will not be playing at the mesa amphitheatre:( hopefully there are no more of these scheduling conflicts

Gustavo
05-28-2009, 07:23 PM

What I mean is, I didn't push him into anything, I didn't obligate him to answer it.

iGustavo, that doesn't even make sense.

Fine. Take it the way you want.
I think we've already had enough of silly discussions, haven't we?

Little_Miss_1565
05-28-2009, 07:25 PM
What I mean is, I didn't push him into anything, I didn't obligate him to answer it.

You didn't put a gun to his head and tell him to choose life or death, but you also weren't just making polite conversation. Are you really going to try and pretend you were?

SuperKnux
05-28-2009, 07:34 PM
I think we should close this topic. The whole thing has turned into a trainwreck.

Let's all have a Long Island and just STFU. ;)

05-28-2009, 07:36 PM
And why should the band stop promoting it?
because they're album sales are low
and i agree with the reccesion point. not everybody can afford these tickets and albums

and it seems that arguing over stupid shit is a VERY popular thing to do these days

Little_Miss_1565
05-28-2009, 07:37 PM
because they're album sales are low

Everybody's album sales are low. Album sales are low. Why should that mean they should lie down and quit?

05-28-2009, 07:59 PM
Everybody's album sales are low.
that is true

Why should that mean they should lie down and quit?i don't know. i've been asking myself that question

gdogg47
05-28-2009, 09:56 PM
You guys are so foolish. Arguing on an offspring message board? Geez. Get real.

The Mesa Amphitheater holds 4,200 people. The Marquee Theater holds 1,000. Plus tickets are still on sale meaning that they sold less than 1,000 tickets here in Phoenix.

It's discouraging enough in itself. We don't need people arguing over why they did it. Just look at the numbers and decide for yourself.

WebDudette
05-28-2009, 10:02 PM
I think Marquee holds more then that to be honest.

gdogg47
05-28-2009, 10:03 PM
And like the guy mentioned above ... people can't afford these ticket prices. $50 after all was said and done? The first time I saw them in 96 or so when I lived in NYC it was $20.

gdogg47
05-28-2009, 10:04 PM
My guess was 2,000. Here's the first paragraph and the link:

The Marquee Theatre is an auditorium type venue that can accomodate both standing and seated shows. With a capacity of 1000 a wide array of shows can be seen at the newly remodeled venue.

http://www.nipp.com/venue/detail/marquee-theatre

Little_Miss_1565
05-28-2009, 10:10 PM
There are loads of tours going right now with tickets the same price -- not like they're the only ones. But you're right, there's no reason to bicker about why they did it, there are numbers that are publicly available and people can draw their own conclusions. Going on a witch-hunt for the band to say one thing in particular and/or calling for the band to quit is what I'm taking issue with.

RobinoZombie
05-28-2009, 11:41 PM
wow that was an interesting read,

its funny too see how things can snowball so badly on the boards nowadays,

Even if a member has been on for 3hours he can still proove a better point then me or any of the elders. the older you get on the boards, the slower you are, haha

RonWelty
05-29-2009, 02:20 AM
You don't make any sense. You are so fixated on everything they do or is said about them, but because I point out that no band would ever say "due to slow ticket sales" on their own website I'm kissing their ass? Sorry, didn't realize that logic was too much to ask.

And he has been thanked for these things, and defended when people needlessly talk smack about him. That's not to say though that everything he's posted has been welcome. But I thought it could be understood by the idea that he's a really big fan who just gets a little too excited sometimes and occasionally goes too far.

This. This thread feels pretty nasty.

For someone who says he likes this band so much, you are really mean. Like, intentionally, knowingly mean.

Everybody can be a monday morning quarterback. And why should the band stop promoting it? Are they getting negative feedback? No. Don't forget you guys that their fans are young, these tickets aren't cheap, and we're in the middle of a really intense recession. Not everybody has a lot of money to throw around and entertainment is the first thing people cut back on.

Well, actually you're right about that "kiss ass" point. But I don't think I was being mean with the band. That's true: They have a life most people on Earth envies. OF course they have personal issues but I think You got the point.
Isn't my point here to be mean to them. I like them very much but I can see things for myself, and if there's a board here, its point is for having people(FANS) talking about them and stuff related with them. Maybe, sometimes, we go a little deeper, and then I am guilty, 'cause I'm like Hercule Poirot or S. Holmes, I love Details and small things. They are like a party in my brain.

Well, in this one Little Miss you're right!

Jesus
05-29-2009, 03:03 AM
It's silly to expect them to say the truth, but at the same time the statement is a bit silly though cause it doesn't take a genius to figure it out. It's like moving from a mcmansion to living on benefits in a social housing project and then saying you wanted to downsize. Sure thing.

I'm actually more surprised that the tour seems to be doing quite okay. Cause most of the initial venues are like 5000 capacity wise (bigger than the a bunch of venues on the splinter tour IIRC), ticket prices (not too expensive, but they are more or less the same as the Green Day tour), some of the venues are not that far apart, RAFRAG has been out a year and they have been away a couple years (ironically Blink 182 has been away for the same length, publicity wise they could have just staged an artifical break up =p).

Marketing wise it was silly to have basically the album out for almost a year before the actual tour annoucement. Two halfs doesn't equal one in this case.

I just hope they don't want venues of around 5000 capacity for a proper European tour. Cause then it probably won't happen.

RobinoZombie
05-29-2009, 03:57 AM
I just hope they don't want venues of around 5000 capacity for a proper European tour. Cause then it probably won't happen.

Sad but true....

Oxygene
05-29-2009, 04:46 AM
wait a minute

WHO THE FUCK CARES WHY A VENUE CHANGES?

Dragnet
05-29-2009, 04:56 AM
What do you mean, who the fuck cares?
This board is full of useless shit stressed out on 20 pages.

I think what happens around this tour is pretty interesting. Might be a bit negative for the band but still it's worth talking about I think. Just like all the media threads, every bit of information gathered by fans is a cool thing.

RonWelty
05-29-2009, 05:11 AM

I think what happens around this tour is pretty interesting. Might be a bit negative for the band but still it's worth talking about I think. Just like all the media threads, every bit of information gathered by fans is a cool thing.

AMEN! I think that's the meaning of the url adress of this forum has "Offspring" in it.

RonWelty
05-29-2009, 05:24 AM
Edmonton show is sold out too.

mrs_hollandova
05-29-2009, 07:59 AM
Dexter said he's more happy in a small place but full of people than in a big place only half crowded :rolleyes:

RonWelty
05-29-2009, 08:01 AM
Dexter said he's more happy in a small place but full of people than in a big place only half crowded :rolleyes:

yes he may be. But his managament team and his pocket prefer the second option :D. It's normal...

KHWHD
05-29-2009, 08:06 AM
Edmonton show is sold out too.

That's awesome! I'm a tad bit surprised at that to be honest. I wonder how well they've done here in Toronto, ticket wise.

mrs_hollandova
05-29-2009, 08:07 AM
yes he may be. But his managament team and his pocket prefer the second option :D. It's normal...

yes, people need to see a good video in TV, then they fell in love with them and come to shows... and I think if Offspring want to make money, the can just go to Japan and there are millions of people who wants their shows again and again and again..............

Gustavo
05-29-2009, 08:27 AM
You didn't put a gun to his head and tell him to choose life or death, but you also weren't just making polite conversation. Are you really going to try and pretend you were?

ok. I admit that I was a little bit unpolite and apologize for that. Sorry IamSam.

Titus
05-29-2009, 08:54 AM
eak
I dont like posting in these kind of threads, well I dont like posting at all
But I have to say it, this thread is one of those who keep A LOT of fans away from the boards...

SUpdizzle
05-29-2009, 09:17 AM
I went to ticketmaster and they are not selling anymore tickets for the show in Phoenix..

gdogg47
05-29-2009, 10:07 AM
Ticketmaster doesn't sell tickets to shows at the Marquee Theater. In order to get them you have to go to this website:

http://www.luckymanonline.com/

findout5
05-29-2009, 10:41 AM
Dexter was online today, looking at this thread!

hshduppsnt
05-29-2009, 11:19 AM
Dexter was online today, looking at this thread!

thats disappointing... last thing we want is them coming, looking at stupid bickering, and then leaving...

frankly, though, I dunno why I'm surprised this thread lasted this long... (then again I'm writing in here now too so go figure :-/)

hshduppsnt
05-29-2009, 11:22 AM
wait a minute

WHO THE FUCK CARES WHY A VENUE CHANGES?

Yeah, I mean, unless it directly affects you, whatever...

especially in this case, big venues can be fun but lets be honest, big bands in medium/smaller places are pretty awesome.

The band cares but they also are doing well enough that it shouldn't matter Too much at this point in their careers. And like Jesus said, marketing wise there were some mistakes so given what they are selling out, fairly impressive, regardless of what happens in a few cities. So... yeah...

SUpdizzle
05-29-2009, 11:26 AM
Shit, I would rather see them at marquee theater then Mesa Ampitheater. More intimate.

Rutegard
05-29-2009, 12:01 PM
thats disappointing... last thing we want is them coming, looking at stupid bickering, and then leaving...

frankly, though, I dunno why I'm surprised this thread lasted this long... (then again I'm writing in here now too so go figure :-/)

i'm just quoting!

Oxygene
05-29-2009, 12:03 PM

reading shit into it is useless
Am I the only person on this board who wants to see them live, and can have the time of my life irrespectful of what venue they are at, which songs they play, how long their set is?

dammit

RonWelty
05-29-2009, 12:28 PM
yes, people need to see a good video in TV, then they fell in love with them and come to shows... and I think if Offspring want to make money, the can just go to Japan and there are millions of people who wants their shows again and again and again..............

100% true my friend.

Bipolar Bear
05-29-2009, 01:31 PM
There is something very amusing about this thread. :D

Either RonWelty beating the shit out of The Offspring or the visualization of Dexter loling at this thread. :D

bouncingcoles
05-29-2009, 01:59 PM
this new venue only holds a little over 1000 people. These guys are hurting in terms of ticket sales.

RonWelty
05-29-2009, 02:09 PM
There is something very amusing about this thread. :D

Either RonWelty beating the shit out of The Offspring or the visualization of Dexter loling at this thread. :D

I would say both...

RonWelty
05-29-2009, 02:11 PM
this new venue only holds a little over 1000 people. These guys are hurting in terms of ticket sales.

They're doing okay in most cities. Very good in select cities like Edmonton or Las vegas and I bet LA. But bad in some cities like Austin and Phoenix...

If you want some data about offspring's downfall of popularity:
http://www.google.com/trends?q=The+Offspring

mat.kc.
05-29-2009, 03:43 PM
They're doing okay in most cities. Very good in select cities like Edmonton or Las vegas and I bet LA. But bad in some cities like Austin and Phoenix...

If you want some data about offspring's downfall of popularity:
http://www.google.com/trends?q=The+Offspring

Yeah, in Edmonton they sold out in a matter of minutes. I'm glad I was able to get floor :)

RonWelty
05-29-2009, 03:44 PM
Yeah, in Edmonton they sold out in a matter of minutes. I'm glad I was able to get floor :)

EDMONTON LOVES THE OFFSPRING? Strange lol

Bipolar Bear
05-29-2009, 04:46 PM
at least, now that their popularity has decreased their songs have become more punx and are therefore better