PDA

View Full Version : Eminem - Relapse

Autonomist
05-29-2009, 06:58 AM
I can't believe people can't see just how powerfully Em is back in "Beautiful." The album's a bit more miss than hit apart from that unfortunately but "Beautiful" deserves a place on a ledge alongside his best.

RageAndLov
05-29-2009, 07:46 AM
I've bought the album, but I haven't got the chance to listen to it yet.

Tyler Durden
05-29-2009, 02:29 PM
I think the album is really really bad and Beautiful sounds forced and cliche...Deja Vu is the best track. One of his best, maybe even his best period.

JohnnyNemesis
05-29-2009, 02:35 PM
This album, compared to most albums in general: pretty okay.

This album, compared to any one of Eminem's other albums: absolute trash.

What happened to switching his flow up every now and then? What happened to topics that...well, topics that aren't rape? Why is he recycling the same unfunny jokes about Christopher Reeves and Mariah Carey?

It's like he took out all of the great stuff from his earlier work (verbal acrobatics, experimental beats), and kept the trash (immature jokes about people who don't even care about him).

I enjoy listening to Relapse every now and again, but overall it's so disappointing. SO disappointing. Deja Vu is awesome, and for some reason I like Stay Wide Awake, but Beautiful is really horrible stuff if you ask me. Hello is also kinda fun, but pretty much everything else is filler, and it's rare to have so much filler (or any filler at all) on an Em album.

Autonomist
05-30-2009, 01:31 AM
A few reasonably sober and articulated thoughts to build on my last post:

1. Were it not for the abomination of Encore this would be his worst, however unfortunately it's not a very wide margin that seperates the two of them. There were probably more quality tracks on Encore, however the worst of that album is much much worse to any of the bad on here, with the possible exception of Must Be the Ganja, which is hands down one of the worst tracks Em has ever come out with. I'd mention Crack a Bottle as well however I doubt that would've been on the album if it hadn't leaked and somehow gone to number one.

2. As already mentioned I think Beautiful is one of the bests track on here, though to set it on a pedestal along with his best was something I'd have to (and was) stoned to claim. As much as I love it there's a whole lot of unnecessity about it - the sample at the start and end does nothing to add to it, and there's no way in hell that anyone, even Em himself, can deny just how corny the chorus actually is. The verses are great for the most part though, it's the sort of warts and all brutal honesty I was really hoping there would be more of on this album. I probably actually like Deja Vu more though, as it's basically the same thing done much more creatively. I also like 3am, Insane, Underground, Careful What You Wish For and don't mind Old Time's Sake.

3. It's really more frustrating than anything else. Em demonstrates he hasn't lost an ounce of talent, he just doesn't seem to be utilising it in an appealing way anymore. I'm not naive to hope Relapse 2 is gonna be any better, but I really hope he surprises me. I also hope he mixes it up a bit, has at least a couple of tracks produced by someone other than Dre. I heard DJ Premier did a track for him, I'd love for him to include it.

Omni
05-30-2009, 02:26 PM
I'd mention Crack a Bottle as well however I doubt that would've been on the album if it hadn't leaked and somehow gone to number one.

I was completely willing to overlook the embarassing lyrics to this song, because it's really catchy, but when Half-Dollarism's part started, I knew immediately that the song had been tainted by his stanky stank forever. His style just sounds so awkward compared to Eminem's, it really doesn't suit me at all.

In closing, fuck 50 Cent.

zsk
06-02-2009, 10:27 AM
are you kidding me???
Hip-Hop in an Offspring-forum ???

ad8
06-02-2009, 10:50 AM
Yeah. You aren't real Offspring fans. You didn't even listen to "Cool To Hate":mad:

RageAndLov
06-02-2009, 11:06 AM
are you kidding me???

Not everyone is so closed-eared that they listen to only one genre.

Omni
06-02-2009, 02:09 PM

It's more likely than you think.

TakesMeNowhere28
06-03-2009, 02:38 PM
I thought Eminem had retired. At least, that's what I was hoping for. I can't stand him. He's a thug wanna-be that acts like a child.

Arczu
06-04-2009, 12:24 PM
Relapse has good songs like We Made You or Deja Vu
(Eminem back, it's good)

chicapowerpunk
06-04-2009, 12:30 PM
I can't believe people can't see just how powerfully Em is back in "Beautiful." The album's a bit more miss than hit apart from that unfortunately but "Beautiful" deserves a place on a ledge alongside his best.

Bah!!!!
Eminem is dead...........:eek:

dexter12296566
07-02-2009, 09:25 AM
i would much rather listen 2 punk but i have like 2 songs of eminem's on my ipod