PDA

View Full Version : TOOL and their summer tour

univonc
05-29-2009, 08:49 AM
Just got incredible seats for their tour in Charlotte. Stright back lower level 2nd row.

This band will also knock your socks off......

randman21
05-29-2009, 08:52 AM
Hehe, wrong section. But congrats! I must say I have no idea about this band. I've heard of them, but I haven't heard any of their music. Where exactly are they playing?

univonc
05-29-2009, 09:08 AM
Bojangles (Cricket Arena)

I agree the bestseats would be floor, but their light show and me recording them make these seats awesome for me....

randman21
05-29-2009, 09:22 AM
lolz, by wrong section, I meant that this thread should probably be in the Other Bands forum. :D

Now that this thread is created, it'd be cool if you'd post your media of the show in this thread (that is, if you plan to upload it somewhere). You're the one who records in super ridiculous quality, right? Hehe.

univonc
05-29-2009, 10:11 AM
Oops! i didnt realize the post in section.

Yes, I have a fun setup and love the hobby of seeing shows and capturing them to share with others. That is why i CANT wait to get that Boston show up for others as well.

Heading to see NIN/JA on June 12
Then Aerosmith/ZZ Top July 9
Offspring July 10
Tool July 29
Nickleback July 31

Then taking a break before the wife kicks me out of the house. thank goodness the boys are into music. Makes it easier to get away with the shows....

:)

BTW if interested I have my own personal recordings of the following if you ever need:

Boston 2008 Greenville, SC
Lifehouse last week
Disturbed (both Charlotte and Fayetteville)
Lacuna Coil Fayetteville NC 2009
Billy Joel and Elton john Houston March 19, 2009
AC/DC December 2008 Charlotte

Messed up slipknot..... sorry!

univonc
05-29-2009, 10:12 AM
ALSO

all are either in 96/24 wav to FLAC or 44/16wav to FLAC

I deal only in Lossless....

Bill

Llamas
05-29-2009, 12:39 PM
Tool is one of my favorite bands of all time. Amazing shit. Love to see them live sometime.

drummerbecca
05-29-2009, 01:34 PM
I had to endure their set at Rock Am Ring and it was the most boring thing ever. I hope their own gigs are more exciting than their festival performances.

Llamas
05-29-2009, 01:41 PM
Tool isn't a band that sets out to be crazy and exciting... they just play really awesome music really well. Therefore, if you're not already a fan who knows their music when you go to a show, you probably won't really like it. From what I see on youtube, they put on the kinds of shows that I really love. I like it to be all about the music.

Also, for these reasons, I see them not being a really great festival band... festivals are usually full of non-fans who are there to see other bands.

drummerbecca
05-29-2009, 02:02 PM
Exactly. I'm most definitely not a fan. I'd never heard them before the festival so I had no real expectations, but I was told I'd enjoy it because their visuals are great etc. etc.
I'm not saying they're the worst band ever, but their shows are dull.

SelfEsteem94
06-08-2009, 01:03 AM
theyre pretty kick ass,
lucky you.

Smash_Returns
06-08-2009, 11:13 AM
Yeah, I don't see them as a great festival band, but I'd love to see a Tool show someday. Psychedelic Progressive Metal FTW!