PDA

View Full Version : Ice-cold Coca Cola 0,25l glass bottle - delicious!

Stylie
05-29-2009, 11:34 AM
Just opened an ice-cold Coca Cola 0,25l glass bottle - ahhh, pure heaven, beautiful!

ad8
05-29-2009, 11:51 AM
I just had apple juice and it tasted just as great...:rolleyes:

the_real_potomek
05-29-2009, 12:21 PM
and I'm just chewing a chewing gum.

Stylie
05-29-2009, 12:34 PM
Oh I highly doubt that, ad8, hehe.
You know, it's just something special with Coca Cola glass bottles... great taste. :D

And chewing gum is so far away Coca Cola glass bottle.

Bipolar Bear
05-29-2009, 12:35 PM
it tastes better because it's in a bottle

mrconeman
05-29-2009, 12:39 PM
I find coke to be best consumed from a refridgerated can.

Bipolar Bear
05-29-2009, 12:41 PM
it also has to be a 0,25l bottle, or else it isn't as great

Stylie
05-29-2009, 12:42 PM
Exactly. It's kinda weird, but Coca Cola glass bottles tastes so much better then Cola in plastic bottles. Glass bottles owns 'em all, then we have the cans, and last plastic bottles. Haven't tasted those in aluminium, though. Probably something like those in cans.

wheelchairman
05-29-2009, 12:46 PM
It does taste better from a glass bottle, I think this is very true.

Bipolar Bear
05-29-2009, 12:49 PM
It does taste better from a glass bottle, I think this is very true.

as retarded as this makes me feel, I also agree

for some unknown reason it tastes better from a fucking bottle :confused:

rockbeer
05-29-2009, 01:12 PM
I read in a magazine that it tastes better from a glass bottle 'cuz it doesn't retain substances changing the taste like the plastic bottles do.
actually plastic always change the taste of everything.

the_real_potomek
05-29-2009, 01:42 PM
I've never could taste a difference between cola or whatever else from glass bottle, plastic bottle or can. It all just taste the same for me:o

Budzy
05-29-2009, 09:35 PM
I 100% agree with the Coca-Cola tasting better from a glass bottle, I don't know why but it just does. However Coke Zero tastes horrible, it has to be regular Coca-Cola.

Bipolar Bear
05-29-2009, 10:00 PM
I always consume "pure" substances, none of that diet shit. If I want a yogurt, I get a regular yogurt dammit. If I want milk, I get my fucking 2% milk. TWO FUCKING PERCENT OF FAT, THAT'S LIKE NOTHING! WHY DO PEOPLE SACRIFICE 500% OF THE TASTE FOR THAT LITTLE OF A DIFFERENCE IN HEALTHINESS

and don't get me started on people who eat tons of doughnuts, junk food and crap yet take diet coca colas. What the fuck is wrong with people?

to top it all off diet drinks are worse for your health than regular ones

Oxygene
05-30-2009, 03:16 AM
back in the communist days we had liter or 1.5 liter glass bottles of coke and pepsi :P

RageAndLov
05-30-2009, 03:35 AM
Just opened an ice-cold Coca Cola 0,25l glass bottle - ahhh, pure heaven, beautiful!

Where did you get those?
Isn't it usual to buy 0,33l glass bottles here?

Anyway, my ranking list:
1. Coke from glass bottle
2. Coke from can
3. Coke from plastic bottle
9. Coke from those resturant filling stations

RageAndLov
05-30-2009, 03:35 AM
back in the communist days we had liter or 1.5 liter glass bottles of coke and pepsi :P

Those had to be fuck-heavy

Oxygene
05-30-2009, 03:38 AM
Where did you get those?

Anyway, my ranking list:
2. Coke from can

Mine is:

1. Coke from the restuarant filling stations
2. Coke from the restuarant filling stations
3. Coke from a can
4. Coke from a glass bottle
5. coke from plasitc bottle.

I love those filling stations ones esp McD.. their ratio is just sooo perfect.

Those had to be fuck-heavy

I dunno I was a small kid, my mom used to carry them. I think they were 1 liter and they were returnable! You had to pay a fee for the glass bottle which u got back if u returned it to the store.

Stylie
05-30-2009, 04:10 AM
Where did you get those?

Anyway, my ranking list:
2. Coke from can

I know, you can't buy those ones in Norway. I bought it from a friend, who got it from Sweden.
And jupp, as said, I have the same list as you.

It's not bad taste on those from restaurants, but it's absolutely on the rock bottom of Cokes. It's like...50% Coke and 50% WATER.
And hah, that's awesome Oxygene. ;D

Bipolar Bear
05-30-2009, 05:07 AM
Yeah, restaurant cokes taste a lot more like water. I guess I like water because they're not bad, though.

Szandi
05-30-2009, 05:38 AM
My friend bought that: 1.29
I bought 2 litre (plastic bottle) : 1.69 but that is 1 in my fucking Islam area.

RageAndLov
05-30-2009, 05:38 AM
But if you want water, you take water, not out-watered coke!
Thefood chaing Big Bite has so much ice in the cups in the addition to the already watered-out coke! after 5 mins you start to wonder how your coke taste like bonaqua :(

batfish
05-30-2009, 05:42 AM
Just like 4 finger KitKats taste better than "fun size" 2 finger KitKats.
I don't know why, but they genuinely do.

KHWHD
05-30-2009, 06:12 AM
Pepsi is SOO much better than Coke. Coke is like drinking battery acid with the amount of sugar in it.

Oh - and I don't think they sell glass bottled pop here anymore.

Szandi
05-30-2009, 06:13 AM
But if you want water, you take water, not out-watered coke!
Thefood chaing Big Bite has so much ice in the cups in the addition to the already watered-out coke! after 5 mins you start to wonder how your coke taste like bonaqua :(

I hate water. I am a big coke fun.:p every day= 2 litre......it's not too funny... it is a suicide...

Bipolar Bear
05-30-2009, 06:48 AM
Pepsi is SOO much better than Coke. Coke is like drinking battery acid with the amount of sugar in it.

maybe coke is like drinking battery acid, but pepsi TASTES like battery acid

RageAndLov
05-30-2009, 07:07 AM
I hate water. I am a big coke fun.:p every day= 2 litre......it's not too funny... it is a suicide...

Hate water?
Highland spring water from UK is one of the best bottled water I've tasted!
http://www.rampantscotland.com/graphics/highland_spring1a.jpg

Nina
05-30-2009, 09:26 AM
I find coke to be best consumed from a refridgerated can.

You speak the truth.

That being said, lately I am so much into green tea that I wont drink anything else. Yes.

wheelchairman
05-30-2009, 10:37 AM
Coke from restaurant filling stations, they don't actually mix it half coke/half water, naturally they get like "coke-extract" or whatever.

Restaurants and bars that water down their beer and coke, they do it themselves, they don't buy fancy machines that water down these drinks in plain sight in front of the customer.

So you tasting water in your cokes from restaurants, that's you believing you taste water.

Llamas
05-30-2009, 10:54 AM
*Sigh* this thread has reminded me how amazing water in Austria is. (In before JN or someone else makes a comment about me loving everything in Austria more than anywhere else!) I drank water all the time there just because I liked it; I never thought water could taste *good*. Every time I left the country, and especially when I came back home, I found that water was not very good, and I only drank it for its practical uses, haha. Man.

Anyway, RageandLove, "It's not bad taste on those from restaurants, but it's absolutely on the rock bottom of Cokes. It's like...50% Coke and 50% WATER."
No, no, no, no. I work in a restaurant where we serve fountain soda. There are these huge boxes of SYRUP in the back that are hooked up to big machine pumps. The syrup itself is extremely overly sweet, super thick, concentrated soda (coke) that has most of the water taken out of it. Then the syrup is sent through tubes where it is mixed with water to get the exact ratio that is in your cans and bottles of soda. It's not half water half coke.

All that said, my order goes:

fountain soda
glass bottle
can

plastic bottle. fuck that shit.

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
05-30-2009, 11:00 AM

pepsi tastes like diabetes

Llamas
05-30-2009, 11:06 AM
Oh man, in the Pepsi vs. Coke debate, the only reason I'd pick Pepsi is because now they sell the throwback stuff with real sugar. I normally can't stand any cola that's made with high fructose corn syrup... you usually have to get imported cola (like from Mexico), or buy Pepsi throwback to get it with real sugar. So much better.

Stylie
05-30-2009, 11:39 AM
Anyway, RageandLove, "It's not bad taste on those from restaurants, but it's absolutely on the rock bottom of Cokes. It's like...50% Coke and 50% WATER."
No, no, no, no. I work in a restaurant where we serve fountain soda. There are these huge boxes of SYRUP in the back that are hooked up to big machine pumps. The syrup itself is extremely overly sweet, super thick, concentrated soda (coke) that has most of the water taken out of it. Then the syrup is sent through tubes where it is mixed with water to get the exact ratio that is in your cans and bottles of soda. It's not half water half coke.

It's Stylie, actually. ;)

Sure, you probably know this better then me. But on McDonalds and those fast food restaurants, you can see it's changing between Coke and *water* (or syrup) (therefore I did say "like..."). It's probably not like that on real restaurants, right (just ice cubes)? Anyway, if it isn't water, it sure does taste like it. It's not 100% Coca Cola you get on McDonalds, you can easily taste that. It tastes Coca Water. :(

coke_a_holic
05-30-2009, 11:52 AM
The only reason I'd pick Pepsi is because now they sell the throwback stuff with real sugar.

Actually, Coca-Cola does this as well, but only during Passover. So, of course, during Passover, my dad buys a bunch of two-liter bottles of it as a reserve.

I'd say that fountain soda Coke is probably better than anything else, also; I think the fact that there's regular water as well as carbonated water helps quench thirst a slight amount instead of only making you thirstier, which is a good feeling.

But all in all, despite my user name, when I want soda these days, I pretty much only stick to ginger ale.

RageAndLov
05-30-2009, 01:43 PM
The other problem with soda fountains, is that the soda often is flat.
Flat, out-watered coke... Mmm