PDA

View Full Version : O2 Brixton Academy

kaylae
05-29-2009, 11:55 PM
Does anyone know what's going on about The Offspring playing in England on the 25th of August? On the Brixton Academy website they are advertising The Offspring but tickets have been delayed and the date hasn't been posted on this site xx

offspringer24
06-01-2009, 02:10 PM
its on there now but why only london? i usually go to both manchester and london shows as they completely miss out birmingham and they sell out both and i actually think they sound better when at manchester :(...they seem to have fell out with the uk.

RacheyPie
06-01-2009, 04:58 PM
i'm totally gutted they're only going to london, i don't know how I'm going to afford to get there, nevermind stay there over night. i'm still going to buy tickets, worry about that later!

nameless
06-01-2009, 05:12 PM
its on there now but why only london? i usually go to both manchester and london shows as they completely miss out birmingham and they sell out both and i actually think they sound better when at manchester :(...they seem to have fell out with the uk.

im sure theyw ill be back for a full tour at some point, well manchest glasgow and london anyway! like you say, they never seem to play anywhere else!

Nmartingell
06-02-2009, 02:14 AM
Does anyone know what's going on about The Offspring playing in England on the 25th of August? On the Brixton Academy website they are advertising The Offspring but tickets have been delayed and the date hasn't been posted on this site xx

Hi got mine this morning. On sale now!!!!! Go to Gigs and Tours online!Good luck xx

kaylae
06-02-2009, 02:22 AM
I got tickets this morning, I'm so excited!! why they are only playing one date I don't know, they have added extra dates in Germany which could just have easily been added to the uk instead! it is the same week as Reading and Leeds though so maybe that was a factor. xx

Lord_Gabo
06-02-2009, 03:05 AM
Wich are best places? Stall Standing or circle unreserved?

medi01
06-02-2009, 03:17 AM
im sure theyw ill be back for a full tour at some point, well manchest glasgow and london anyway! like you say, they never seem to play anywhere else!

...i thought this was supposed to be the proper tour :(

kaylae
06-02-2009, 04:53 AM

stalls standing is near the front of the stage. circles unreserved is nearer the back. xx

batfish
06-02-2009, 08:22 AM
i'm totally gutted they're only going to london, i don't know how I'm going to afford to get there, nevermind stay there over night. i'm still going to buy tickets, worry about that later!

You could book train / national express tickets way in advance and stay in a youth hostel for the night?

Stalls standing is standing right in front of the stage.
The Circle is like a large balcony at the back; there are seats but you're not allocated one, so you could stand.

Stalls standing is the best choice, way more energetic :)

offspringer24
06-02-2009, 08:27 AM

where you travelling from?

Lord_Gabo
06-02-2009, 01:12 PM
I've bought the tickets!!!!

My journey plans :

Olbia (Italy) - Gatwick. 09:50 ---. 11:05
train to Victoria Station
Tube to Brixton
Concert
back to Airport Gatwick
fly to Olbia from 6.00 ---9.20..

I hope to meet someone that help me to move in London! For me will be the first time in England!

batfish
06-02-2009, 01:52 PM
:eek: wow, dedication! Nice going!

I'll probably be around, might be able to help you out.

Zee
06-02-2009, 03:10 PM
I'm also coming if I can get my brother to come with me too... perfect timing again, being at the airport the day before the gig anyways. Should be a great place and definitely a worth to see I guess.

nameless
06-02-2009, 03:37 PM
...i thought this was supposed to be the proper tour :(

the "proper" tour is going on in america and there just seem to be a few dates scattered around europe, id be very surprised if they didnt do a full european tour this year or next!

Lord_Gabo
06-02-2009, 06:40 PM
someone know if they'll going in some pub after the live show? .. in italy they often went to transilvania pub .. just to take some photos and autograph..

Swill
06-03-2009, 09:02 AM
Got my tickets.

Il be travelling from Ireland.

Bring it on.
________
Hot box vape (http://hotboxvaporizers.com)

nameless
06-03-2009, 05:27 PM
someone know if they'll going in some pub after the live show? .. in italy they often went to transilvania pub .. just to take some photos and autograph..

i saw them twice at brixton on the last tour and each night i waited outside by there bus for over two hours and they never came out to see anyone! to be fair, on the second night dexter got hit by a shoe during the last song and seemed a bit annoyed! im determined to catch them this time though!

kaylae
06-04-2009, 12:09 AM

they have added Manchester as a date the day after Brixton! xx

offspringer24
06-04-2009, 11:57 AM
they have added Manchester as a date the day after Brixton! xx

yey i'll be going to the manchester one i think as it has better accoustics than the brixton academy...i went to both last time and they played EXACTLY the same set :( actually they added 'smash' to the brixton gig...so other than that it was EXACTLY the same :D

Lord_Gabo
06-04-2009, 12:29 PM
someone think that they'll sold out in brixton?!

RacheyPie
06-04-2009, 12:44 PM
I am so angry that they've now announced a manchester date aswel. Why don't they announce them at the same time?

Now I have London tickets, when Manchester is so much closer, and cheaper and easier to get too.

Really angry that they're not announcing dates properly! Not made of money!!!

RacheyPie
06-04-2009, 12:45 PM
where you travelling from?

Newcastle-upon-tyne

kaylae
06-05-2009, 12:19 AM
someone think that they'll sold out in brixton?!

they might have. that could be why they've added an extra date. did you get your ticket yet? xx

mrs_hollandova
06-05-2009, 12:47 AM
I am so angry that they've now announced a manchester date aswel. Why don't they announce them at the same time?

Now I have London tickets, when Manchester is so much closer, and cheaper and easier to get too.

Really angry that they're not announcing dates properly! Not made of money!!!

I can buy your London ticket :) I will be in UK in the end of june.

Lord_Gabo
06-05-2009, 06:27 AM
they might have. that could be why they've added an extra date. did you get your ticket yet? xx
yep! i'm in!! :D

Lord_Gabo
06-05-2009, 06:37 AM
Mmm.. then in brixton i'll probably meet.. :
(list of board members that will be in brixon)

Lord Gabo (Italy-Sardinia)
Swill (Ireland)
Rachey Pie ??(England)
NMartingell (England)
Kaylae
Dexter Italy (Italy - Sardinia)

kaylae
06-05-2009, 11:40 AM
Mmm.. then in brixton i'll probably meet.. :
(list of board members that will be in brixon)

Lord Gabo (Italy-Sardinia)
Swill (Ireland)
Rachey Pie ??(England)
NMartingell (England)
Kaylae
Dexter Italy (Italy - Sardinia)

you'll have to wear a big sign with lord gabo on then we'll all know who you are and can say hi! xx

Lord_Gabo
06-05-2009, 03:27 PM
you'll have to wear a big sign with lord gabo on then we'll all know who you are and can say hi! xx

hehee i'll wear a GRINGO BANDITO T-SHIRT! ...but maybe i'll bring with me a Sardinia Flag!
http://www.templaricavalieri.it/images/sardegna_bandiera_01.gif

MAXTER
06-06-2009, 03:07 AM
Bristol location
http://www.londonvenueguide.com/Images/brixtonbackstage.jpg

Lord_Gabo
06-06-2009, 03:17 AM
ehy they'll sells beer inside?

Dexter_italy
06-06-2009, 03:52 AM
hehee i'll wear a GRINGO BANDITO T-SHIRT! ...but maybe i'll bring with me a Sardinia Flag!
http://www.templaricavalieri.it/images/sardegna_bandiera_01.gif

Nice gabo!! I was thinking the same because.... sardinia rules :D :D

Do you guys think I could have some troubles wearing the bad habit t-shirt with the "stpid dumbshit goddam motherfucker" sign? I mean maybe some vigilantes or things like that...

kaylae
06-06-2009, 12:59 PM
Nice gabo!! I was thinking the same because.... sardinia rules :D :D

Do you guys think I could have some troubles wearing the bad habit t-shirt with the "stpid dumbshit goddam motherfucker" sign? I mean maybe some vigilantes or things like that...

you will be ok inside the concert but should maybe cover it with a jacket while travelling. i know people have been warned by the police for wearing a machine fucking head tshirt xx

kaylae
06-06-2009, 01:12 PM
ehy they'll sells beer inside?

yeah they sell beer. you have to be 21 and might get asked for ID to prove you're over 21 xx

Lord_Gabo
06-06-2009, 03:19 PM
yeah they sell beer. you have to be 21 and might get asked for ID to prove you're over 21 xx

oooooooooooook !!!!!! :D :D

nameless
06-06-2009, 06:20 PM
you will be ok inside the concert but should maybe cover it with a jacket while travelling. i know people have been warned by the police for wearing a machine fucking head tshirt xx

ive only heard about one person getting in trouble for "t-shirt slogans" and that was someone wearing a cradle of filth shirt, im sure everyone knows what it says! but the police are everywhere around brixton station so definately wait until your in the venue before showing everyone!

icklebabygremlin
06-07-2009, 07:04 PM
people from the UK.
i have booked my tickets to london and my hotel and i livw 20 mins away from manchester and now what do the offspring go and do. play in manchester, and im at leeds festival that day to i dunno if i should go london and manchester leeds on friday or london and leeds festival on the thursday.

fuck.

Lord_Gabo
06-08-2009, 02:49 AM
people from the UK.
i have booked my tickets to london and my hotel and i livw 20 mins away from manchester and now what do the offspring go and do. play in manchester, and im at leeds festival that day to i dunno if i should go london and manchester leeds on friday or london and leeds festival on the thursday.

fuck.

wow! what a mess!

i_am_the_bishop
06-08-2009, 05:28 AM
ive only heard about one person getting in trouble for "t-shirt slogans" and that was someone wearing a cradle of filth shirt

i've been told off by police at a train station for a "too drunk to fuck" t-shirt but they just asked me to cover it up until i left the station.

people from the UK.
i have booked my tickets to london and my hotel and i livw 20 mins away from manchester and now what do the offspring go and do. play in manchester, and im at leeds festival that day

i live in sale (just south of manchester) and i was really annoyed when i got the email about manchester the day after i bought my ticket for london! if i was you i'd definitely go to both offspring gigs, but then i'm not very keen on leeds festival anyway :)

kaylae
06-08-2009, 11:58 AM
people from the UK.

fuck.

shit what a dilemma! have you bought tickets to manchester? xx

KyleW
06-09-2009, 05:47 AM
I will be definately be at both gigs! :D

Anyone know if tickets have sold out yet? I can't get mine till like 5pm tonigh GMT.

icklebabygremlin
06-09-2009, 06:01 AM
shit what a dilemma! have you bought tickets to manchester? xx

nah i havent, its ok tho im gonna go london and then leeds festival. sounds about right. shame about manchester tho

somebody do me a favor and do what i do, wait outside for 11am for the band. trust me. i've met countless band this way

dahungrybear
06-11-2009, 12:35 PM
Does anybody know what time they will finish?
or even how long it will go on for?
just wanted to know for train times and that cheers :)

GunForHire
06-11-2009, 05:14 PM
nah i havent, its ok tho im gonna go london and then leeds festival. sounds about right. shame about manchester tho

somebody do me a favor and do what i do, wait outside for 11am for the band. trust me. i've met countless band this way

The morning of the show? I'm going to make it my mission to meet at least one of the guys when they play here, but I've never tried to do it before with any band.

nameless
06-11-2009, 05:40 PM
The morning of the show? I'm going to make it my mission to meet at least one of the guys when they play here, but I've never tried to do it before with any band.

ive never tried meeting a band before the show as you never know when they will turn up. i guess you can find out what time the venue opens to them but it will still turn out to be a very long wait until the general doors open to the public. i will probably end up trying to catch them after the show!

icklebabygremlin
06-11-2009, 05:43 PM
trust me guys. wait around about 1pm ish. and let me know how it goes :)

Dexter_italy
06-12-2009, 03:27 AM
trust me guys. wait around about 1pm ish. and let me know how it goes :)

Fuck I won't be there at that time!!! :mad: is that a possible time to meet the band?

Zee
06-12-2009, 03:36 AM
To this day I confirm coming to this gig from Finland. Well, actually from Germany because I'll be at the Area4 festival some days before the gig in Brixton! Fuck yeah!

Lord_Gabo
06-12-2009, 03:30 PM
DExter.. maybe in Italy is more simple meet the band..
anyway we're fucking come to sardinia!

MAXIMUM RESPECT ! :D

Badger
06-21-2009, 04:37 PM

me and my bro were plannin to go up to Brixton to try and meet them....i met Dexter at Reading 2003, i was so in shock i forgot to take a photo which i still kick myself about, but i did get a hug :D amazing moment

my friends met Cypress Hill at Brixton skatepark before a gig, had a smoke with them! So hopefully can try meet the guys - just gotta work out where they will be entering, and what the security are like etc. U reckon I'll be in with a chance then?? xx:)

F@ BANKZ
06-22-2009, 03:23 PM
I will be definately be at both gigs! :D

Anyone know if tickets have sold out yet? I can't get mine till like 5pm tonigh GMT.

That really is the spirit.

I'll definately be at Manchester, MoThErFuCkErSsS!!
I'm thinking about London but the odds are against it.

nameless
06-22-2009, 03:25 PM
me and my bro were plannin to go up to Brixton to try and meet them....i met Dexter at Reading 2003, i was so in shock i forgot to take a photo which i still kick myself about, but i did get a hug :D amazing moment

my friends met Cypress Hill at Brixton skatepark before a gig, had a smoke with them! So hopefully can try meet the guys - just gotta work out where they will be entering, and what the security are like etc. U reckon I'll be in with a chance then?? xx:)

theres only two main entrances they will probably use and they are both accessible to the general public rather than being sectioned off behind fences!

jamie666
07-08-2009, 07:29 AM
wat songs r they doin coz i cant find it anywhere

nameless
07-08-2009, 06:00 PM
wat songs r they doin coz i cant find it anywhere

the set list will vary slightly between shows but there have been a couple of the set lists from the shows in america posted!

SMASHedTHEignition
08-02-2009, 01:16 AM
the set list will vary slightly between shows but there have been a couple of the set lists from the shows in america posted!

thats good, someone has to get video footage of this show..

Sapphire
08-08-2009, 07:44 AM
Ive been looking at tickets for this on ebay. I really want to go but Im not so keen on the newer stuff, so Im wondering what tracks they will play.

Anyone know a track list? Or anyone got one anywhere?

LuisAh
08-08-2009, 07:51 AM
The set list is more or less going like this:

1.Stuff Is Messed Up
2.Bad Habit
3.Walla Walla
4.Have You Ever
5.Staring at the Sun
6.Americana
7.Pretty Fly (for a White Guy)
8.Gotta Get Away
9.Kristy, Are You Doing Okay?
10.Intermission
11.Genocide
12.All I Want
13.Why Don't You Get a Job?
14.Half-Truism
15.Come Out and Play (Keep 'Em Separated)
16.(Can't Get My) Head Around You
:
17.Hammerhead
18.Want You Bad
19.Self Esteem

Give or take a few songs.

KHWHD
08-08-2009, 08:13 AM
This is the setlist for the Toronto show I went to on July 2nd. It's pretty much the same as the PP, just a few more added - but you get the idea.

Stuff Is Messed Up
Bad Habit
You're Gonna Go Far Kid
Come Out And Play
The Meaning Of Life
Have You Ever
Staring At The Sun
Gone Away (piano)
Kristy Are You Doing Okay?
Gotta Get Away
Half Truism
Why Don't You Get A Job
Intermission
Americana
All I Want
Pretty Fly
Can't Get My Head Around You
The Kids Aren't Alright

Hammerhead
Want You Bad
Self Esteem

Sapphire
08-08-2009, 08:45 AM
Cheers for that I think I will just have to go now ;)

Slash95
08-08-2009, 05:10 PM
i'll be heading out to both UK shows :)

nameless
08-08-2009, 05:29 PM
just better hope they dont vary their set too much if thats the reason your going! but seriouslym they normally play all the hits and rotate a few songs in between!

Lord_Gabo
08-09-2009, 03:27 AM
Sold OUT :)

Zee
08-09-2009, 10:35 AM
Sold OUT :)

YES! What a great atmosphere it will be I bet, I can't even imagine yet... and the band will definitely give their best for the only sold out show yet on this European tour. ;)

Lord_Gabo
08-09-2009, 04:03 PM
YES! What a great atmosphere it will be I bet, I can't even imagine yet... and the band will definitely give their best for the only sold out show yet on this European tour. ;)

Hey Zee you'll be in London Early? I'll arrive to Gatwick at 11.00 .. but i don't know London!! God Bless Me!

Skulldexter11
08-09-2009, 04:34 PM
Ill see you all at both shows!

F@ BANKZ
08-11-2009, 04:20 AM
This is the setlist for the Toronto show I went to on July 2nd. It's pretty much the same as the PP, just a few more added - but you get the idea.

Stuff Is Messed Up
Bad Habit
You're Gonna Go Far Kid
Come Out And Play
The Meaning Of Life
Have You Ever
Staring At The Sun
Gone Away (piano)
Kristy Are You Doing Okay?
Gotta Get Away
Half Truism
Why Don't You Get A Job
Intermission
Americana
All I Want
Pretty Fly
The Kids Aren't Alright

Hammerhead
Want You Bad
Self Esteem

I haven't been looking at the setlist recently, but this one is fucking awesome. I would seriously cry for TMOL, Intermission too (yeah..). But wow!

Edit/Just realises: No TKAA!?

Slash95
08-11-2009, 05:34 AM
---------------

Pretty Fly
The Kids Aren't Alright

Hammerhead
Want You Bad
Self Esteem

:p

KHWHD
08-11-2009, 07:47 AM
I haven't been looking at the setlist recently, but this one is fucking awesome. I would seriously cry for TMOL, Intermission too (yeah..). But wow!

Like someone else said, TKAA is there. I personally would have rathered to hear Spare Me The Details over TMOL. But unfortunately I didn't even see the voting list at all. My buddy did and I think he voted.

Lord_Gabo
08-24-2009, 08:27 AM
well it's tomorrow!

KyleW
08-24-2009, 05:53 PM
Also I hope they're selling Gringo Bandito on the European tour, I need some of that stuff.

kaylae
08-25-2009, 03:14 AM
now on my way to brixton! woo hoo, so excited!!! xx

brisk
08-25-2009, 07:39 AM
Came here once to ask about bootlegs but i just want to post that im soo excited. One of the first bands i properly got into around 12/13 and im 19 now, i cant wait to actually finally see them :D My other friend who loves them has an exam so he cant come but im just going by myself so fuck it :D

pillow
08-25-2009, 05:44 PM
What was the set list?
Can you guys post some pictures?
I'm setting off to manchester in 7hours 16min id like to get this before I set off haha!

Slash95
08-25-2009, 06:36 PM
what an awsome show. Goin to manchester tomorrow too. Anyone else whos goin is in for a treat, they played amazing today :D

MAXTER
08-25-2009, 07:25 PM
They played "Million Miles Away" :eek::eek::eek:

pillow
08-26-2009, 12:38 AM
What else did they play?

randman21
08-26-2009, 12:43 AM
what an awsome show. Goin to manchester tomorrow too. Anyone else whos goin is in for a treat, they played amazing today :D

Boy...I thought that said "they played Amazed today". I was going to die if they played Amazed and Million Miles Away. :D

Btw, are they still doing that thing when the attendees get to choose a song they play?

pillow
08-26-2009, 12:48 AM
Boy...I thought that said "they played Amazed today". I was going to die if they played Amazed and Million Miles Away. :D

Btw, are they still doing that thing when the attendees get to choose a song they play?

Any idea what the london set list is?

Lord_Gabo
08-26-2009, 02:38 AM
They played "Million Miles Away" :eek::eek::eek:

yeeeeeeeeeeeeah!! great show!

Crjf2182
08-26-2009, 02:41 AM
Just at work after the Gig and feeling the strain, Gig was awsome full of classics and great atmosphere at the academy.

Got a brown tour tshirt in large but its too big, if anyone else at the gig got a medium and wants to swap let me know.

osmosis101
08-26-2009, 03:21 AM
Came here once to ask about bootlegs but i just want to post that im soo excited. One of the first bands i properly got into around 12/13 and im 19 now, i cant wait to actually finally see them :D My other friend who loves them has an exam so he cant come but im just going by myself so fuck it :D

Oh my god exactly the same story here! My cousin gave me all their albums for my 13th birthday and they really were the first band I ever properly got into.

AMAZING set. I somehow ended up right at the front in the center. Couldn't really have asked for much more (except maybe Genocide and The Meaning Of Life). Gone Away was so moving, I actually cried.

Here's the setlist: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-offspring/2009/brixton-academy-london-england-33d7a46d.html

MAXTER
08-26-2009, 08:46 AM
Gone Away (Piano)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyHWtQfUF6g&feature=related

kaylae
08-27-2009, 11:04 AM
It was such a fantastic show - amazing! xx

Lord_Gabo
08-27-2009, 03:54 PM
It was such a fantastic show - amazing! xx

a little bit.. ....wet! :D :D

Vodkamonster
08-28-2009, 12:21 PM
Wicked gig. Cannot wait for them to come back. Pit was fantastic, met some nice people. :-)

Lord_Gabo
06-18-2010, 04:12 PM
no news about a bootleg audio? ... :confused:

Zee
06-18-2010, 04:31 PM
This gig was absolutely fantastic... I can only get this sweat as I was on this gig on The Offspring shows!