PDA

View Full Version : The Lonely Island

Apathy
06-01-2009, 10:19 PM
Yes I did just make this thread.

I know it's the kind of thing I'll probably be ashamed of liking in a year or so, but I've honestly been listening to it and liking it for a week or so.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, I'm afraid I don't have the heart to tell you. But quite honestly, you've probably already heard plenty of the songs just from being a citizen of the internet.

mizbanger98
06-01-2009, 11:06 PM
haha yes! love them

Omni
06-01-2009, 11:06 PM
If Fred Durst, Chad Kroger, and Scott Stapp got together, they couldn't intentionally make a song worse than the abomination that is "Jizz in My Pants."

Contrarily, the Heist is one of the greatest songs ever recorded.

XYlophonetreeZ
06-02-2009, 12:53 AM
I hate, hate, hate Andy Samberg with a vengeance. He pushes unrepentant narcissism to levels unseen, even in the realms of comedy. Every fucking skit he's in it's always "ANDY doing THIS!" "ANDY doing THAT!" Look at ANDY! Which wouldn't be that far out of the ordinary for comedians except that he does it even on regular SNL skits, not on stand-up acts. It's not supposed to be all about him, but it almost always is. Plus I've never been a fan of the "BLING BLANG POW WHAT'S UP" style of in-your-fucking-face comic delivery. It's the kind of shit dudes watch in their dorm rooms after finishing their shift at Jersey Mike's and pumping iron at the gym with their baseball caps on, right before they go listen to "Snow (Hey Oh)" on repeat with their shirts off and the door open. "Bro comedy," I like to call it. It deserved to die with Dane Cook, but thanks to Samberg I still have to put up with it. I'll admit that I laughed at the Lazy Sunday skit that came out about 4 years ago, but "I'm On a Boat" is about the most unfunny thing I've ever been forced to listen to over 20 times. And their other stuff isn't any better.

SuperKnux
06-02-2009, 01:38 AM
..uh, lol.

I like that song with Julian from The Strokes and I'd have to say the Natalie Portman Rap will forever be my favorite of the songs/Digital Shorts.

Apathy
06-02-2009, 04:24 PM
I It's the kind of shit dudes watch in their dorm rooms after finishing their shift at Jersey Mike's and pumping iron at the gym with their baseball caps on, right before they go listen to "Snow (Hey Oh)" on repeat with their shirts off and the door open. "Bro comedy," I like to call it. It deserved to die with Dane Cook
I agree with this completely

but thanks to Samberg I still have to put up with it.
Not so much with this... I dunno I don't think that I've actually ever seen and stand-up from Samberg, but all in all he seems more into gimmicks like "lol gangstarapissofunny bc iamwhite(reallyreallywhitelol)" rather than the Dane Cook kind of stuff which I definitely see as "Bro Comedy"
Not to say that this is anything better, but not the same to me.

I'll admit that I laughed at the Lazy Sunday skit that came out about 4 years ago, but "I'm On a Boat" is about the most unfunny thing I've ever been forced to listen to over 20 times. And their other stuff isn't any better.
To me I'm On a Boat is only funny because of how legitimate it sounds. The presence of T-pain and the high production value make it sound like minus the lyrics it could be on your average top-10 station, you know that radio station that's been playing Lady GaGa and Kiss Me Through The Phone and whatnot.

Alison
06-10-2009, 05:03 PM
I'm on a boat, bitch!

KyleW
06-11-2009, 03:10 AM
Santana DVX <3

Actually I like most of the album, even some of the gay-er songs like Space Olympics. I can see why some people wouldn't like it but I'm still 9 years old in my mind so its all good :D

renato piquette
06-11-2009, 10:03 PM
yeah,andy samberg is a douche,but bipolar bear showed me "like a boss" and i must say i found that one of the funniest things i´ve seen this year,though,it is really a rip-off of weird al yankovic´s "white and nerdy",such a irony,uh?