PDA

View Full Version : It's things like this that make me go...

IamSam
06-03-2009, 08:47 PM
What. The. Fuck.
What kind of hypocritical bull shit is this? (http://www.oneimage.org/Images/index.htm)

JohnnyNemesis
06-03-2009, 08:51 PM
Those cartoons are all funny for the wrong reasons.

IamSam
06-03-2009, 09:09 PM
So...many...things...wrong...with...them...AAAAAAH HHHHHH!

Outerspaceman21
06-03-2009, 11:29 PM
Fucking christians

Static_Martyr
06-04-2009, 04:24 AM
I would get angry, but....ah, I dunno what to think. I can't even understand half of them, like the one where there's a monkey dressed in a Salvation Army apron with the word "atheist" underneath it (hey-o!), and an apparently transsexual boy scout leader on the other side of the page, with a little fairy that says "ACLU fairy." Apparently, atheist gorillas really want to help out with charity? And apparently that's also a bad thing? 0.0

(P.S. Why the need to specify the gorilla as atheist? Are there gorillas that believe in religions?

...ah, wait, I think I get it. It's an evolution joke. But that still doesn't explain the Salvation Army reference....)

Seriously, I have no idea what they are trying to say. And THIS one seems like it applies to Bush Jr.'s White House a thousand times more accurately than Obama's:

http://www.oneimage.org/Images/pages/01cartoon257A.htm

And just replace Obama with Bush in this one and it makes a lot more sense, as well:

http://www.oneimage.org/Images/pages/01cartoon299.htm

Where has this guy been for the last 8 years?

IamSam
06-04-2009, 09:14 PM
I find them to be quite hypocritical. If someone was to make cartoons such as that about Bush or another Christian leader such as Billy Graham there would be a hullabaloo.

Llamas
06-04-2009, 09:35 PM
I honestly don't get most of them.

Al Coholic
06-04-2009, 09:42 PM
That's free speech for ya. I could do better.

Omni
06-04-2009, 09:43 PM
Yeah, me neither. The one where Obama is over the grave, he's shaking like he's using a jackhammer, but he's holding a… hockey stick? Carpenter's square? Redneck golf club? Fuck I don't know.

_Lost_
06-04-2009, 09:53 PM
i like this one.
(http://www.oneimage.org/Images/pages/01cartoon278.htm)

jacknife737
06-04-2009, 10:19 PM
Idiocy/hypocracy aside, these really are terrible.

They remind me of the conservative comic parody in America: The Book,
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_pWBf18eLoPE/Ro8RWdShQ7I/AAAAAAAAAEE/VIVc5o02Jz0/s400/MF-Parody-America-TheBook.jpg

Llamas
06-06-2009, 11:26 PM
I remember Mallard Fillmore... and I remember hating it because it wasn't funny. Now that I'm old enough to get it, I hate it even more.

Jebus
06-13-2009, 04:47 PM
I actually think this one is hilarious.
http://i44.tinypic.com/2i1jbbo.gif

IamSam
07-07-2009, 08:00 PM
Bump. I like this.http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/4042/fundieffffffuuuuu.jpg

jacknife737
07-07-2009, 08:11 PM
I really lol'd at the "different sect of Muslims" line.

WebDudette
07-07-2009, 08:56 PM
Different sects of... holy shit.

Him: "abortion is never acceptable."
Me: "what if the woman was raped?'
Him: "I'll bet she deserved it."

He also wrote an anti-gay marriage paper, comparing homosexuals to people with down syndrome. I don't remember how it correlated though.

WebDudette
07-07-2009, 09:12 PM
Kid I went to high school with. I've talked to him maybe three times, that is how the discussions typically go.

Oxygene
07-08-2009, 01:22 AM
Different sects of... holy shit.

Him: "abortion is never acceptable."
Me: "what if the woman was raped?'
Him: "I'll bet she deserved it."

He also wrote an anti-gay marriage paper, comparing homosexuals to people with down syndrome. I don't remember how it correlated though.

Haha what a win.. factual logical and all around wholesome... "I'll bet she deserved it"

edit: has jesus christ written all over it

SMASHedTHEignition
07-30-2009, 04:28 AM
i honestly thought obama would have been shot by now, no ffence to any americans...

but for sum reason that picture of the two knives and the baby reminded me of chasers war on everything last night..the did this segment goin around askin people if they believed in god, and than th people who sed yes the guy was like"ohk than since you believe in god(pulls out bible) can you kill my son?'
the guy was like what?
"well it says here any child who curses his mother or father shal b put to death, so can you kill him?"

an there was heaps of these things, so like its weird people who believe in th bible cant do exactly what god says, so unless they like confess their sins on th deathbed theyre goin to hell..

personally i dont believe in god.
but if i did id just b true to myself cos than ur pretty much not doing wrong..
but hitler thought that way...

Smash_Returns
07-31-2009, 10:03 PM
I actually just find hardcore conservatives and christians to be entertaining. Then, when you point out all the flaws and fallacies in their logic, they get all angry like middle-school tweens.

Also, my reaction to the statements on that image:
facepalm, headdesk

SMASHedTHEignition
08-03-2009, 04:05 AM
I actually just find hardcore conservatives and christians to be entertaining. Then, when you point out all the flaws and fallacies in their logic, they get all angry like middle-school tweens.

Also, my reaction to the statements on that image:
facepalm, headdesk

exactly they contradict themselves on everything, 1.every life is precious. those who curse their parents shal b killed..perfect logic if u ask me..::confused:

IamSam
09-17-2009, 03:57 PM
And it just gets better. (http://richarddawkins.net/article,4319,Kirk-Cameron-has-gone-too-far-But-we-can-stop-him,Kirk-Cameron-has-gone-too-far-But-we-can-stop-him---Facbook)

jacknife737
09-17-2009, 05:33 PM
That is incredibly hilarious, and pathetic.

Also, who the fuck is Kurt Cameron?

wheelchairman
09-17-2009, 05:43 PM
A child actor from a family comedy before our times. Also a religious nutcase.

Llamas
09-17-2009, 08:00 PM
...isn't that illegal? Or do they get away with it cause they're giving them away for free?

And Darwin inspiring the Holocaust... what a terrible terrible accusation to make. Darwin can not be responsible for psychos taking the science he proved to insane illogical levels.

IamSam
09-17-2009, 08:08 PM
Here is my long winded 2.

Kirk Cameron and his followers are passing out copies of Charles Darwin's "The Origin of the Species". This may seem incredible, even shocking. But what they have done to the book and the accusation they have made is even more outstanding and shocking.

The book is "The Origin of the Species" but with a twist. The book now includes a fifty page introduction that gives the argument for creation and blames Darwin and Evolution for the Holocaust. The introduction uses quotes from Adolf Hitler found in his book "Mein Kampf" as evidence. Not only did this group of people commit a giant offense of Godwin's Law, but they also made themselves look like hypocrites, and turned their backs on the shady history of the Christian Church.

For starters, the Christians in Europe were hardly innocent bystanders during Hitler's reign of terror. The Catholic Church did not lift a finger to put a stop to the violence, nor did they speak out. Instead, many of "God's" men willingly cast in their lot with the Nazi's, Hitler, and his nice little psychotic episode now known as the Holocaust. Need more proof than me telling you?

Have at it:
http://nobeliefs.com/nazis.htm

Also, I suggest The New York Times Bestseller and winner of the National Book Award, "Constantine's Sword: The Church and the Jews" by James Carroll.

An argument that crazed Christians might use is that not all Christians stood idly by. But then again, the same argument can be said that not all German's stood by and watched Hitler burn Europe down and kill millions of people.

Moving on, placing this introduction turns a blind eye onto the history of the church. The Crusades killed at the very least half a million if not more than two million Muslims for the cause of Christ. Remember that the Pope called for the Crusades to begin in order to restore the Holy Land to Christian hands.

As a final example, I present to you the English and Spanish conquest of the Americas. Not only do you have common misconceptions that the most important thing on the European's minds was God, there is also the misconception that they were good Christians. Columbus himself has the blood of entire races of Caribbean Indians on his hands. Cortes, Spanish monks, and priests all did horrific things to Native Americans in the name of God, in the name of Christ to purge the savages of their pagan rituals. English colonists were no better. They displaced Native populations, warred against them, and stole their belongings all in the name of God. Indirectly, Europeans also killed off hundreds of thousands by disease. And this was not exactly frowned upon, in fact, it was looked upon as if God sent the plague!

"But for the natives in these parts, God hath so pursued them, as for 300 miles space the greatest part of them are swept away by the smallpox which still continues among them. so God hath thereby cleared our title to this place, those who remain in these parts, being in all not 50, have put themselves under our protection..."-John Winthrop

Not only are the writer's assertions that Darwin and his theory are responsible for the Holocaust ludicrous, they are irresponsible. Irresponsible in not researching their own history with Hitler. Irresponsibly and blindly pressing on with their propaganda, even if it ignores any semblance of reason and common sense. Irresponsible in the fact that they ignore Hitler's mental instability, drug use, and the fact that he is his own man. Did Darwin need to place a warning on his book that basically said the users of his theory are their own people, responsible for their own thoughts and conclusions and he was not responsible? Apparently, in the eyes of fundamentalist Christians, yes.

Al Coholic
09-17-2009, 10:16 PM
I think abortions are bad cause its a living thing.

wheelchairman
09-18-2009, 08:39 AM
Sam, you go back far enough and any group of people have committed atrocities. The reason the Nazi one is so effective is because of its recent happening (relatively.)

Interesting to note, the Catholic Church does support evolution, and there were organized Christian GROUPS working against the Nazis, in Poland, in Denmark and likely in many other countries.

Either way, fuck Kirk Cameron. He's doing a great thing. No one reads introductions to non-fiction, and no one should. I always skip it, its always some blow-hard tooting his own horn.

General rule of thumb, if you're going to read the introduction of a non-fiction book, do it after you've read the book then.

Llamas
09-18-2009, 09:12 AM
No one reads introductions to non-fiction, and no one should. I always skip it, its always some blow-hard tooting his own horn.

General rule of thumb, if you're going to read the introduction of a non-fiction book, do it after you've read the book then.

Such a valid point. I've never read the introduction of a book unless it was required for a course.