PDA

View Full Version : What was before you...

lucys_bad_habit
06-05-2009, 05:53 AM
what did you guyz listen to before you got into ut current type of music?

RageAndLov
06-05-2009, 06:15 AM
Nothing actually, just a song here and there, before I found Green Day in 2004 and Offspring early 2005. From there it just expanded wildly.

Outerspaceman21
06-05-2009, 07:10 AM
I've liked the Offspring, Rage Against The Machine and The Smashing Pumpkins ever since I was a little kid (watched a lot of MTV). Before that, I listened to what my mom listened to, which was stuff like Fleetwood Mac, Neil Young and The Rolling Stones, the latter two I still like to this day.

dff_punk
06-05-2009, 08:42 AM
Modern Talking. (do not laugh).. but it was 10 years ago:o

Tomasisko
06-05-2009, 09:22 AM
I have listened to punk, punk-rock and nu-metal. Of course The Offspring, NOFX, Misfits, Pennywise, Rancid, Ramones, Defiance, Sham 69, Deftones, System Of a Down, Korn...

About 6 years ago I have started to listen to hardcore music. (It's my actual genre :) ) It's the most beautiful genre ever. Just beautiful ;) Nowdays, from the other bands I listen to only The Offspring. Very rarely something else.

lucys_bad_habit
06-05-2009, 10:12 AM
Modern Talking. (do not laugh).. but it was 10 years ago:o

:D Dieter Bohlen.. nice one...I liked backstreet boys :o:D but when i heard Pretty Fly for the first time (actually I didnīt like it at first)..I kind of change my style, my grandma almost got a heartattack, but after 9 years she got used to it

dff_punk
06-05-2009, 10:21 AM
Wow, that is almost like my story... but I liked Pretty Fly at first.. it was something new to me, something so full of energy and also fun to listen I never heard before.. lol okay, that is enough of Offspring stories for today. Good night, kids!

Rooster
06-05-2009, 10:27 AM
I remember headbanging in front of the TV while watching "The Final Countdown" video (i had it on a videotape). Believe or not, i was about 2 years old at the time, and i remember it perfectly.

Then in early years of elementary school i started listening to Iron Maiden (still a fan to this day), and when i was about 9 or 10 (probably 10) i got into The Offspring (hearing Have You Ever and The Kids Aren't Alright caused it all), and got into punk rock.

Smash_Returns
06-05-2009, 08:12 PM
First band I ever really listened to was U2. Had a copy of The Joshua Tree on cassette when I was 4. From there to the Offspring and Green Day.

the_real_potomek
06-06-2009, 02:14 AM
So my story will be the most embarassing so far, because my first favourite band was Fun Factory, then Kelly Family, and then Spice Girls. But fortunately I heard Offspring song when I was 10 and everything has changed.

holland25
06-06-2009, 07:38 AM
Kelly Family, Spice Girls, Captain Jack and E-Rotic.

Shame on me.

lucys_bad_habit
06-06-2009, 07:41 AM
hell yea...captain jack :D i remember B)

dff_punk
06-06-2009, 07:52 AM
Eeeeeeyooo Captain Jack! Eeeeeeyooo Captain Jack!
Bring me back to the railroad track! Bring me back to the railroad track!
Gimme girl in my hand! Gimme girl in my hand!
I wanna be your fucking man! I wanna be your fucking man!

We were singing this yesterday while drunk.. :D

Little_Miss_1565
06-06-2009, 08:49 AM
Hah, I still listen to all of it! Except Raffi. I only listen to that if my baby sister wants to listen to it.

wheelchairman
06-06-2009, 09:28 AM
Yeah I think its a teenage thing to narrow down the music you listen to, to one genre. I just listen to an eclectic mix of various genres and songs that I think sound good.

Bipolar Bear
06-06-2009, 10:37 AM
I started listening to punk when I was 12 years old. Before that I listened to a bit of rap.

Gustavo
06-06-2009, 10:38 AM
I've always liked rock songs since when I was little... My parents didn't like the style much, neither did my brother, but always I have... When I was young, my favorite band was a brazilian group called Mamonas Assassinas. And I loved to listen to some brazilian rock songs, when I was 11, I became a Linkin Park fan, after a couple of months I found Green Day and then The Offspring, and been a huge fan ever since.

b0red
06-06-2009, 03:34 PM
Offspring were really the first band I started listening to at 7.
Before that, my mom always played things like Sex Pistols, Ramones, Dead Kennedys, Social D..... ha get the point?
Now idk. I still love and listen to all that stuff, plus really almost everything else. I guess my 2 concerts I'm going to in July sort of sum up my strange musical tastes? Kelly Clarkson & Rise Against/Rancid. :o I really only don't like rap/R&B, screamo, and techno. Yes, I do like country.

Of course, my favorites are Keane, Cold War Kids, The Offspring, and Semisonic. hmm.

renato piquette
06-06-2009, 03:48 PM
the very first band i liked were the beatles because they used to make me and my classmates sing their stuff when i was 6 or 7,then when the offspring released americana i listened "wdygaj" for the first time and fell inlove with the band since then,i was 7 or 8,then i started listening to millencolin,the smashing pumpkins and the hives when i was like 11 but started listening to the offspring again when they released "conspiracy of one",after that i never stopped listening to them again,but i started listening other bands too

Alison
06-07-2009, 04:26 PM
Britney Spears! :p:o
I also listened to some Beatles, Rolling Stones, ABBA, Bob Dylan, through my parents.
Then I got into blink-182 when I was around 12. Through 'The Urethra Chronicles' I learnt about The Queers and Screeching Weasel, and started to listen to them. Then The Offspring, and through them I discovered lots of other bands and music from pop punk to hardcore.

mip_04
06-13-2009, 01:00 AM
Actually, I've always heard rock music since I'm a child! My brothers and my mum always influenced with that type of music...:p