PDA

View Full Version : Dexter on Adam Carolla Earlier Today (06.05.09)

8oP
06-05-2009, 04:56 PM
Check it out here
http://carollaradio.com/

it's a podcast

cool 2 hate 681
06-05-2009, 05:10 PM
cool thanks for the link :)

SelfEsteem94
06-05-2009, 05:36 PM
nice find,
i didnt know about this yet.

Gustavo
06-05-2009, 05:43 PM
Whoa, that is a very nice find! Thanks for the link.

EDIT: Dexter doesn't seem to enjoy the jokes/conversation much, not in the beginning, at least.

randman21
06-05-2009, 06:02 PM
Dammit, I wanna see a video of that Acoustic Christmas thing that they keep talking about.

GunForHire
06-05-2009, 06:05 PM
Dammit, I wanna see a video of that Acoustic Christmas thing that they keep talking about.

It's not actually an acoustic gig. It's called the KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas. It's just a really big one day concert they have every year around Christmas time.

8oP
06-05-2009, 06:16 PM
Really nothing acoustic about it

RonWelty
06-05-2009, 06:25 PM
Is that really an interview with Dexter? I barely listened Dexter's voice

Ryder1234
06-05-2009, 08:00 PM
I gave up on it after about 6 minutes.

I wonder how many radio shows Dexter or the band actually do that we don't ever know about.

8oP
06-05-2009, 08:54 PM
Gotta admit.. I didn't even listen to it when I posted it. I'm listening now. I guess Dexter is just hanging out with these guys chatting it up for an hour or so.

randman21
06-05-2009, 09:36 PM
Heh, Dexter talked about Czechoslovakia again, the guys that come over from there to work on the planes. I really think he doesn't realize that they are two countries now. :P

jacknife737
06-05-2009, 11:39 PM
Carolla playing Bosstones stuff during his podcasts makes me incredibly happy.

Llamas
06-06-2009, 12:06 AM
Heh, Dexter talked about Czechoslovakia again, the guys that come over from there to work on the planes. I really think he doesn't realize that they are two countries now. :P

Oh my god... this guy went to school for microbiology? *facepalm*. That's sad. :( haha.

Oxygene
06-06-2009, 01:04 AM
Oh my god... this guy went to school for microbiology? *facepalm*. That's sad. :( haha.

Maybe or maybe he know how old the dudes are and they were still born in Czechoslovakia ;)

Oxygene
06-06-2009, 01:28 AM
It's a...pretty common mistake. Force of habit, dudez.

People still refer to Myanmar as "Burma" like allthefuckin'time.

They referre to Budapest as Bucharest all the time too... although that's even worse :)

mrs_hollandova
06-06-2009, 01:49 AM
Hmm, Dexter and his geography... Yughoslavia... Czechoslovakia... he can't be good in everything :rolleyes:

RonWelty
06-06-2009, 03:25 AM
Hmm, Dexter and his geography... Yughoslavia... Czechoslovakia... he can't be good in everything :rolleyes:

Americans aren't well known for their geography skills

randman21
06-06-2009, 03:36 AM
It's a...pretty common mistake. Force of habit, dudez.

Yeah, I guess you're right. Though I remember when they were one country, I was like 7 when they split up, so it's easier for me to remember.

EDIT: I still can't remember which is the right one when it comes to Myanmar/Burma. Feels like I'm in an episode of Seinfeld.

RonWelty
06-06-2009, 05:45 AM
Yep, you're a shitkickin' douche.

?????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmEp97yQcRQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ac4KFdM3t4

Ass-hole...

randman21
06-06-2009, 06:09 AM
Heh, is that your proof that Americans suck at Geography? How many people do you think they had to interview to get that footage? I mean, very generally speaking, you are probably right, but that's hardly good evidence.

RonWelty
06-06-2009, 06:34 AM
Heh, is that your proof that Americans suck at Geography? How many people do you think they had to interview to get that footage? I mean, very generally speaking, you are probably right, but that's hardly good evidence.

yes, but you don't see a video like that from other nationality. I love US and i Understand as they think they are the biggest nation in the world they just don't care so much about the rest of the world. If you ask some of your friends they even would have hard time speaking about your country geography and shit. It's like that "Jay Leno's walking" part of his old show where he asked a girl to say how much stars have your country's flag and she said "I can't see the flag too well" ...

m.offspring.r
06-06-2009, 06:37 AM
?????

Ass-hole...

WTF?!!? AHAHAHAH

I has saw the first video, but the second... No Comments!!

brothadave79
06-06-2009, 07:39 AM
yes, but you don't see a video like that from other nationality. I love US and i Understand as they think they are the biggest nation in the world they just don't care so much about the rest of the world. If you ask some of your friends they even would have hard time speaking about your country geography and shit. It's like that "Jay Leno's walking" part of his old show where he asked a girl to say how much stars have your country's flag and she said "I can't see the flag too well" ...

Your empirical evidence is staggering. Funny thing is, when I ask any Europeans to fill in a map of Africa, their self-righteousness seems to melt away. Way to not know your way around your old summer home, guys.

RonWelty
06-06-2009, 07:44 AM
Your empirical evidence is staggering. Funny thing is, when I ask any Europeans to fill in a map of Africa, their self-righteousness seems to melt away. Way to not know your way around your old summer home, guys.

But at least we know That Africa isn't a country. And We know that USA is in North America. At least this we all know.

brothadave79
06-06-2009, 07:53 AM
But at least we know That Africa isn't a country. And We know that USA is in North America. At least this we all know.

That's braggable. :rolleyes: But really, the only thing worse than seeing those morons on my television set is when people in other countries think they're an objective representation of all Americans.

RonWelty
06-06-2009, 07:58 AM
That's braggable. :rolleyes: But really, the only thing worse than seeing those morons on my television set is when people in other countries think they're an objective representation of all Americans.
Okay, It's your opinion sir.

Oxygene
06-06-2009, 08:03 AM
?????

Ass-hole...

Ass you can imagine the second video was quite popular in my neck of the woods.

Oxygene
06-06-2009, 08:09 AM

They are objective, of certain stereotypes and certain layers of the american society, however it's not universal. Americans have not only the dumbest people but the smartest as well, there is a reason some of the best schools in the world are in the states. But they don't get this much air time.

Oh and I honestly think the main difference, between dumb americans and dumb non-americans is stupidness tends to go hand in hand with absolute arrogance and no idea or comprehension of how stupid you really are. So in other words we have people here who can't tell they're right hand from their left, but they usually understand they are stupid.. or at the very least know they're not smart. You guys there have this special breed where people who are stupid have been bulshitted by the system into thinking they aren't complete rejects and have no problem showing their acedemic skills off for anyone. Like you couldn't get a dumb blond celebrity bitch here on a show like 5th grader because she just wouldn't accept.

Dunno. All in all I don't think these people represent americans in general, but there is this stereo type for sure. And it pisses some americans off as well, like my good friends american fiance. They're like "zOMG you going to travel all over Europe and to Hungary as well.. do they like have electricity there?"
shit like that. people who thought borat was a documentary :)

brothadave79
06-06-2009, 08:24 AM
They are objective, of certain stereotypes and certain layers of the american society, however it's not universal. Americans have not only the dumbest people but the smartest as well, there is a reason some of the best schools in the world are in the states. But they don't get this much air time.

Oh and I honestly think the main difference, between dumb americans and dumb non-americans is stupidness tends to go hand in hand with absolute arrogance and no idea or comprehension of how stupid you really are. So in other words we have people here who can't tell they're right hand from their left, but they usually understand they are stupid.. or at the very least know they're not smart. You guys there have this special breed where people who are stupid have been bulshitted by the system into thinking they aren't complete rejects and have no problem showing their acedemic skills off for anyone. Like you couldn't get a dumb blond celebrity bitch here on a show like 5th grader because she just wouldn't accept.

Dunno. All in all I don't think these people represent americans in general, but there is this stereo type for sure. And it pisses some americans off as well, like my good friends american fiance. They're like "zOMG you going to travel all over Europe and to Hungary as well.. do they like have electricity there?"
shit like that. people who thought borat was a documentary :)

Wow, I can't believe she asked that! Your poor friend. And by the way, a friend of mine once told me that Budapest is a beautiful city. So you have a good thing going there, don't mess it up!

Oxygene
06-06-2009, 09:09 AM
Wow, I can't believe she asked that! Your poor friend. And by the way, a friend of mine once told me that Budapest is a beautiful city. So you have a good thing going there, don't mess it up!

Hey I love America, and Americans, but that doesn't mean there aren't certain aspects that they are lower in. I've met the most nice Texan "rednecks" (no offence meant just the seterotypes), and they had no clue where I was from, but they weren't arrogant about it at all. It's no big issue for me, but the majority of high school diploma americans are probably the most geographically challeneged educated people in the world.

You know what I said to that when some people were pissing me off? I said that maybe the dude in Europe who is behind the counter at Mickey Ds knows the capitol of South Africa, but it takes him 20 times as long to get me my fucking burger than it does for the dude in the states. So what?

Omni
06-06-2009, 09:41 AM
"You guys remember growing up being worrying about…quicksand!?"

Lol, I fucking love that part. Like that's every kid's fear. Fuck the boogieman, there's QUICKSAND out there somewhere.

brothadave79
06-06-2009, 09:51 AM

Lol, I fucking love that part. Like that's every kid's fear. Fuck the boogieman, there's QUICKSAND out there somewhere.

Shiiit, I grew up in the woods, and I remember fretting about the possibility of quicksand under a pile of leaves somewhere. Tread lightly.

Dragnet
06-06-2009, 10:00 AM
Damn, that shit isn't funny at all.

jacknife737
06-06-2009, 10:50 AM
Europe has as many stupid people as the United States; stereotyping an entire country is never cool.

Just thought i'd let you know that i've been smiling ever since i read that; 10/10.

Anyways back on topic; is this thing actually worth listening too? I tried last night, but I only made it a couple minutes in, and there was no Dexter so far.

Llamas
06-06-2009, 11:12 AM
Maybe or maybe he know how old the dudes are and they were still born in Czechoslovakia ;)
Isn't it still wrong, though? I mean, if someone was born in the country when it was still unified, aren't you supposed to say the country that their city now lies in?

They referre to Budapest as Bucharest all the time too... although that's even worse :)

Since I've never heard anyone do either of those, I doubt they're too comparable! :P

The reason you don't see them about other countries is because 1) you don't speak the languages of a lot of other countries (I've seen similar videos about German speaking countries) and 2) it's not as fun to do it with other countries because there's no stereotype to perpetuate.

I lol'd. It's so true.

I doubt that every single European wouldn't misspeak or get confused on the spot. I've never met an American who didn't know these things.

A friend from Croatia asked me once if, in Minnesota, we wear "tennis rackets on our feet" all the time, and if we even had cars. Come on. The US isn't the only country where people don't know shit about the rest of the world. You can't imagine how many absolutely STUPID things Europeans said to me about America that just made no sense.

RonWelty
06-06-2009, 11:25 AM
Okay, We're all DUMB :D

brothadave79
06-06-2009, 11:29 AM
A friend from Croatia asked me once if, in Minnesota, we wear "tennis rackets on our feet" all the time, and if we even had cars. Come on. The US isn't the only country where people don't know shit about the rest of the world. You can't imagine how many absolutely STUPID things Europeans said to me about America that just made no sense.

Absolutely! I live in Binghamton, New York, cause it's where I go to grad school. I was talking to my apartment mate once who's from Guangzhou, China. When he was going to come to school in the states, it was between Arizona and Binghamton University - in New York. He chose New York, because he thought the whole entire state was like its namesake city. Turns out he left the largest city in Southern China to come to this dead industrial husk. We both lolled.

And to Jacknife: No it's not worth listening to, Dexter stays silent most of the time. He speaks up to slightly correct Carolla's abhorrent views on immigration once (and very mildly at that). And he talks a little bit about some of the technical points of flying and de-pressurization. That's about it. Otherwise it was pretty mindless and Dexter-Free. Coincidence? Yeah, probably.

randman21
06-06-2009, 05:59 PM

Ha. That was one of my biggest fears as a kid. Funny how I completely forgot about quicksand until now.

He speaks up to slightly correct Carolla's abhorrent views on immigration once (and very mildly at that).
Ahh, so I'm not the only one who thought that? That free lunch thing had me shifting uncomfortably in my seat, too.

I think it was worth listening to if you like Adam Carolla, as I do. It wasn't all that funny past about 30 minutes, though.

randman21
06-06-2009, 06:34 PM
Oh, The Chaser. :rolleyes:

While those guys are usually pretty funny (and ballsy on their show), it's ridiculous how people keep using this segment as an example. I can tell you beyond any shadow of a doubt, as an Australian, that if you walked around the streets and did the same thing here, interviewed 50 people, you'd get the same five or six idiotic fuckfaces who don't know their feet from their asshole.

As someone else mentioned, you do know that with all of those types of things there's countless cut footage of people who do know the answers/get the joke, right?

Lulz sily Amerikans dey dont know shit bout da rest uv worlddd.

*sigh* Eurotrash faggots.
...Venom? :D:D

IamSam
06-06-2009, 06:58 PM
...Venom? :D:D

Indubitably.

jacknife737
06-06-2009, 11:09 PM
Surprised he stayed away for this long.

Llamas
06-06-2009, 11:34 PM
Ah, I never read Burning in Red's posts... didn't realize Venom was back. Bleh.