PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Killswitch

Olive
06-07-2009, 07:48 AM
I just installed one on my Washburn. Anyone else ever use or have one?

EDIT: I put this in the wrong forum...Can some mod move it to your band?

randman21
06-07-2009, 08:07 AM
Cool! Did you buy some kind of kit with everything you need to install it, or did you buy it all separately and look up instructions on the 'net? I waaaant ooone, but I know I'll never use it, haha.

Olive
06-07-2009, 08:16 AM
Cool! Did you buy some kind of kit with everything you need to install it, or did you buy it all separately and look up instructions on the 'net? I waaaant ooone, but I know I'll never use it, haha.

I bought a soft touch momentary switch and some 22 gauge wire from radio shack which was only like 10 bucks, and I have 4 knobs on my guitar (2 volume 2 tone) and I just took one of the tones out left it at 10 and left it in the control panel and put the button there.

mrconeman
06-07-2009, 09:00 AM
No real need for a killswitch to be installed if you have a particular kind of wiring.

Example: My Les Paul, I just lower the neck pickup volume right down to zero, play on the bridge pickup, then flick the toggle switch back and forth and it acts like a killswitch.

Olive
06-07-2009, 09:36 AM
No real need for a killswitch to be installed if you have a particular kind of wiring.

Example: My Les Paul, I just lower the neck pickup volume right down to zero, play on the bridge pickup, then flick the toggle switch back and forth and it acts like a killswitch.

ya but the popping noise is really bad. and the button looks kooler...:cool:

Outerspaceman21
06-07-2009, 11:07 AM
Cool. I don't have a killswitch because I really don't need it, but if you can use, great.