PDA

View Full Version : board censorship

Pages : [1] 2

sugarglider
06-09-2009, 12:39 PM
Although the thread that i started about unreasonable ticket prices was becoming somewhat redundant, is still produced interesting opinions from a lot of people. If you like me or not, agree or disagree, I appreciate anyone who bothered to respond and thought about the matter. that includes you, ilovelamas ;-)

With that said, I think closing a thread due to repeated observations is reasonable; however, there are sooooo many threads on here that are still open which are more repetitive and boring than mine.

I don't understand why we can't talk about ticket prices. it's a relevant conversation topic. I'm not going out of my way to be a troublemaker here, I'm just looking for some answers, and trying to get other people to talk about it too.

Closing the other thread that also centered on ticket prices is somewhat suspicious. why are you trying to censor us, moderators? it's obviously something that people have an interest in talking about.

ad8
06-09-2009, 12:43 PM
Looks like a case for the Anti-Authority group:D

sugarglider
06-09-2009, 12:44 PM
oh, and for the person who started the other thread in response to the closure of mine...

that's awesome that you're done with finals today! i'm not done, but tomorrow i will be!

enjoy the concert and the sunshine today, you lucky bastard.

Oxygene
06-09-2009, 01:03 PM
Although the thread that i started about unreasonable ticket prices was becoming somewhat redundant, is still produced interesting opinions from a lot of people. If you like me or not, agree or disagree, I appreciate anyone who bothered to respond and thought about the matter. that includes you, ilovelamas ;-)

With that said, I think closing a thread due to repeated observations is reasonable; however, there are sooooo many threads on here that are still open which are more repetitive and boring than mine.

I don't understand why we can't talk about ticket prices. it's a relevant conversation topic. I'm not going out of my way to be a troublemaker here, I'm just looking for some answers, and trying to get other people to talk about it too.

Closing the other thread that also centered on ticket prices is somewhat suspicious. why are you trying to censor us, moderators? it's obviously something that people have an interest in talking about.

I am personally tiered of negative mindless whiny bitchy emo ass bullshit, so any reason just or unjust of shit like that being obliterated from the board makes me a happy guy. Mods have done a ton of stupid bullshit... deleted whining threads isn't one of them.

sneedo83
06-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Ever since mods were appointed here power has been abused, posts/threads deleted, bannings you name it. Oh and god forbid you protest that behavior, so I just live with it now.

IamSam
06-09-2009, 01:09 PM
It came down to this:

YOU WERE WRONG.

And only a couple of people agreed with you. And by couple I honestly mean two. Everyone else understands the circumstances and what goes into ticket pricing. It is obvious that you do not understand, and CHOOSE to not understand.

The thread was closed due to the fact that everyone was saying the same thing to you and you were ignoring them. Therefore, seeing that nothing constructive was coming from yelling into your deaf ears, the thread was closed.

Dragnet
06-09-2009, 01:16 PM
I am personally tiered of negative mindless whiny bitchy emo ass bullshit, so any reason just or unjust of shit like that being obliterated from the board makes me a happy guy. Mods have done a ton of stupid bullshit... deleted whining threads isn't one of them.

I'd rather have 50 % Offspring ass-kissers and 50 % critical members here than 100 % ass-kissers. The ticket thread was NOT mindless, there was a topic being discussed. This place would be even more shitty if there were only "Your favourite song", "Noodles cut his hair", "Dexter is cute" threads. It's an emberassement to see, what a fucking kiddy fanboy board this is.

findout5
06-09-2009, 01:24 PM
The censorship has always been here. However, you gotta say what you gotta say, and hopefully people will have to respect your opinion, which is as valid as anyone else's! It's your right to make threads and express opinions.
I respect you for being truthfull and not an ass-kisser.

Rag Doll
06-09-2009, 01:31 PM
The discussion was going nowhere and was only going to get either a) even more repetitive or b) become hostile.

Harleyquiiinn
06-09-2009, 01:36 PM
Lol, I am Sam, you can't say a thread was closed just because the mod thought the person who started it was wrong, right ?

I am not here for long and I still feel that maybe the thread are closed a little fast. But there is a way to make a good Mod/regular board people relationship.

1) Mods should explain when they close/delete a thread/a message. If they can't give an explanation that is justified by one of the board rules, maybe it shouldn't be closed. This way, eventhough we don't agree, at least we will understand why.

2) if one of your thread or message has been closed/deleted and you feel this is unfair, instead of making a new thread asking why and saying that the mod is an awful person (which will obviously put him/her in a bad mood), try sending a private message asking why. And discuss it with that mod. They are mods, which means that they are willing to waste their time checking everyone's messages and try to keep peace on the board, so there is a great chance they will take the time answer :D

Oh and I am taking the opportunity to ask, because I think this is normal, who are the mods ? I got that Little_miss_i don'trememberthe numberI'msorry was a mod (and by the way, she took the time to explain to me why a thread was closed, thanks for that) but who else ? who is closing the threads ? :)

Rag Doll
06-09-2009, 01:38 PM
Oh and I am taking the opportunity to ask, because I think this is normal, who are the mods ? I got that Little_miss_i don'trememberthe numberI'msorry was a mod (and by the way, she took the time to explain to me why a thread was closed, thanks for that) but who else ? who is closing the threads ? :)

http://offspring.com/forums/showgroups.php

Harleyquiiinn
06-09-2009, 01:42 PM

My message is too short...lalalala

IamSam
06-09-2009, 01:43 PM
Lol, I am Sam, you can't say a thread was closed just because the mod thought the person who started it was wrong, right ?

No, I didn't say that was the reason it was closed. I said the reason it was closed was because the thread was going nowhere. I wasn't specific on my first post. However, the original poster is still wrong about their viewpoint on ticket prices.

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
06-09-2009, 02:06 PM
power has been abused
this is what's going on here
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/3/3e/Adminpwnage.gif

Cock Joke
06-09-2009, 02:15 PM
I hear ya. But unfortunately the mods are gonna keep on getting worse, no matter how much we try to reason with them. I suggest just going with the flow.

06-09-2009, 02:23 PM
I suggest just going with the flow.
i would if the mods were like thishttp://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv128/6Thelema9/flow.gif
for now, i guess it's " anarchy for the bbs/ it's coming sometime/it may be/no future for you"

Harleyquiiinn
06-09-2009, 02:32 PM
And so, the admins are just ghosts ? :D

Cock Joke
06-09-2009, 02:33 PM
Pretty much

IamSam
06-09-2009, 02:44 PM
Ghosts that think AA is a bunch of whining babies.

Harleyquiiinn
06-09-2009, 02:51 PM
lol I think that AA is just the part of a board's life, like... I don't know, the thread to post anything you want even if nobody cares or the thread to post jokes, these are threads you will find on any message board, I am sure that even the private board of the democrat party has AA :D

bouncingcoles
06-09-2009, 03:03 PM
i think the thread should have stayed. it the thread was something positive and the conversation was going no where it wouldnt have been closed.

Little_Miss_1565
06-09-2009, 03:35 PM
It's not a matter of censorship, or even negativity though we try to actively discourage that. It's that there was already a thread with this discussion.

That's why I asked if anyone had anything new to add to the mix, otherwise why even bother? The forum rules are posted for all to see, and if something is closed or deleted, I thought it went without saying that it's because it broke one of those rules. If there's something specific that you want to address it's generally best to PM me or one of the other mods, and if there's a bigger issue you can PM the admin (Mod Admin).

jacknife737
06-09-2009, 03:38 PM
I was going to give a reply, but i see others have already covered it.

The discussion was going nowhere and was only going to get either a) even more repetitive or b) become hostile.

YOU WERE WRONG.

It was a topic that has been covered too death, and the discussion had run it's course by about the second page of that thread anyways.

I hope you'll stick around and post in some of the other threads on the bbs, you just need to get passed your obsession with ticket prices.

Thomas
06-09-2009, 03:46 PM
I find it hilarious that people are complaining of censorship here. It's like people think they have the right to free speech on this here message board when the fact of the matter is, they don't. Freedom of speech belongs to the publisher (in this case, the BBS), not the writer (all of us regular users). They have every right to delete whatever they want, whenever they want, without reason or justification. You guys should be glad this place has rules and regulations that the mods follow extremely well, so you know what you are and aren't allowed to post.

The thread in question was really going nowhere, and the topic starter was refusing to listen to the logical rebuttals of other members, so they closed down the thread before it turned hostile. It was going absolutely nowhere except in that direction. The mods are just keeping the peace, that's all...

Oxygene
06-09-2009, 04:15 PM
I'd rather have 50 % Offspring ass-kissers and 50 % critical members here than 100 % ass-kissers. The ticket thread was NOT mindless, there was a topic being discussed. This place would be even more shitty if there were only "Your favourite song", "Noodles cut his hair", "Dexter is cute" threads. It's an emberassement to see, what a fucking kiddy fanboy board this is.

We're all biting our nails nervously waiting to find out what you want...

What I'm talking about is an environment where the band members would feel comfortable coming on everyday. This mindless unreasonable negativity is a huge factor that's holding them back. You think they wanna hang out with amongst a bunch of mindless dickless frustrated teenagers who think it's real fucking cool to not be an ass kisser and telling Dexter that "the title of the song you're working on sucks" is constructive and valid criticism.

I've got news for you it's fucktards like those that deprive the rest of us normal members from being able to interact with the band on a board that was funded for that.. if you've got issues with the size of your penis, go to some stupid fucking blog and flex your ego there. Leave this place to be a decent place to talk about the Offspring.

06-09-2009, 05:13 PM
damm. i like oxygene. he/she tells it straight up a "fucktard's" ass

sugarglider
06-09-2009, 05:17 PM
I think the original thread was closed and DELETED a little too quickly. That was a very poor judgment call, but i respect it all the same.

many members, i'm sure, do not have to luxury of coming on here every single day to read all the new threads. perhaps those with infrequent internet access or limited time would have liked the opportunity to read the thread and express an opinion before it was closed/deleted. a couple of days is a little too short.

that thread was not solely about ticket prices. there were many things that it touched upon that people may have wanted to hit reply and discuss. punk values and how the offspring relates those into their songs, is just one of them. does the band practice what it preaches--not in an individual sense, as i'm not interested in their personal lives--but as far as conducting themselves as, "the offspring"? if they make their money off being punk, or at least its core values, why not ask if their behavior and songs truly reflect them?

these questions are not hostile, or negative. they pertain to the offspring, and have a place on the offspring's bbs. are they your typical questions? no. i'm never going to be a person who starts a thread asking, "dexter's hair--hate it or love it?" or "worst hangover ever--who has lived this song?" those threads ARE great to read, but why not have a balanced mix of these expected threads and unusual ones?

whoever mentioned in a previous post that to expect free speech on a bbs is ridiculous. i'm not debating the rules of the board--i feel like the threads complied with them.censoring from moderators happens all the times and regulation is needed and justifiable. but what happened in this case came off as censoring harmless questions and ideas.

i appreciate that, in this thread, the moderator explained what happened. too vague of a response though...

sugarglider
06-09-2009, 05:28 PM
I've got news for you it's fucktards like those that deprive the rest of us normal members from being able to interact with the band on a board that was funded for that.[/QUOTE]

no one is normal in this world, sorry. Some people can't conform into what others want them to be because that's simply not who they are.

and thank god for diversity in the world, discordant opinions, and strange ass ideas.

IamSam
06-09-2009, 05:30 PM
that thread was not solely about ticket prices. there were many things that it touched upon that people may have wanted to hit reply and discuss. punk values and how the offspring relates those into their songs, is just one of them. does the band practice what it preaches--not in an individual sense, as i'm not interested in their personal lives--but as far as conducting themselves as, "the offspring"? if they make their money off being punk, or at least its core values, why not ask if their behavior and songs truly reflect them?

The ticket prices we covered, you ignored, so that part is over. As for 'punk values' I think you need to not worry about it. Dexter has stated that the music isn't so much about 'punk' but rather what people want to hear and what the band wants to write.

This board has guidelines as set down by the admin and the band. If you can't deal with it, then get out.

sugarglider
06-09-2009, 05:36 PM
The ticket prices we covered, you ignored, so that part is over. As for 'punk values' I think you need to not worry about it. Dexter has stated that the music isn't so much about 'punk' but rather what people want to hear and what the band wants to write.

This board has guidelines as set down by the admin and the band. If you can't deal with it, then get out.

i didn't ignore anything. i kept asking people to use their brains and be creative. unfortunately, they kept giving me the same responses, although i did not lose faith in facilitating the topic.

now, if you want to argue about what they have said in regards to being punk, we could go back and forth all day on this as there's plenty of quotes supporting each side. i have a feeling, though, we would need to start a new thread for that :-)

Skinny
06-09-2009, 05:41 PM
Am I the only one who enjoyed the constant criticism going on in '07? Bully-fest was fun!
P.S. I mean criticism of users, not of the band.

IamSam
06-09-2009, 06:16 PM
i didn't ignore anything. i kept asking people to use their brains and be creative. unfortunately, they kept giving me the same responses, although i did not lose faith in facilitating the topic.

There was nothing to be creative about. You obviously did not understand why ticket prices were so high, or that other bands prices were higher, or that you were just coming off stupid. Now you're blaming the mods for locking a thread that wasn't going anywhere and had served its purpose. Instead of being on this BBS picking meaningless fights and talking to people you should go get another job in order to have money for your tickets or just to give away.

Skinny
06-09-2009, 06:16 PM
To jpstoner: Posts have been deleted, threads have been closed, members have been deleted, what more do you want? The mods aren't corrupt.

IamSam
06-09-2009, 06:17 PM
Long ass post

Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system!
HELP! HELP! I'm being repressed!

Skinny
06-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system!
HELP! HELP! I'm being repressed!

jp is the most tightass stoner I've ever met. It's nice that he's trying to make this a "better" place, but can you imagine how dull it would be around here if we were all rainbows and sunshine about everything?

IamSam
06-09-2009, 06:42 PM
LOL, exactly like that. Thank you for giving such great examples.

AND...now...
... the mods step in and say.........

JP: My post was essentially pointing out that you didn't really need to write a novel on it...plus it's all stuff that's been documented before. The fact of the matter is that the majority of people here honestly don't care.

JohnnyNemesis
06-09-2009, 06:59 PM
So, according to Cock Joke, posting pictures of feces, threatening to kill people, trolling on purpose, and making fun of people's history of sexual abuse/rape is "trying to reason with them". Stay classy, dude!

With that said, there's nothing wrong AT ALL with questioning moderators and asking these kinds of questions. It's when people freak out 'cause they're not getting the kinds of answers they already want that things get ridiculous, which is what too many people do too often.

Just my opinion, you can get back on topic now.

randman21
06-09-2009, 07:02 PM
I think the thread was closed because you refused to acknowledge that the situation is not a punk rock song, but real life. People gave you nearly every reason for why ticket prices are the way they are, but when you won't accept it, what's the point of discussing it any further?

Skinny
06-09-2009, 07:07 PM
And this thread is exactly like the last, everyone is posting pretty much the same reasonings.. /thread.

Little_Miss_1565
06-09-2009, 07:12 PM
I think the original thread was closed and DELETED a little too quickly. That was a very poor judgment call, but i respect it all the same.

It wasn't deleted at all, just closed. There's a difference.

many members, i'm sure, do not have to luxury of coming on here every single day to read all the new threads. perhaps those with infrequent internet access or limited time would have liked the opportunity to read the thread and express an opinion before it was closed/deleted. a couple of days is a little too short.

They don't disappear after a couple days; they're still there to read, and the search function we have is pretty baller.

They don't make their money off being punk. Their core values come from that place, sure. But Dexter doesn't have PUNX ROCK tattoed across his knuckles, and Noodles doesn't stay awake at night wondering "What Would Leftöver Crack do?" I've been on these forums for 10+ years and it's been the same argument over and over. I think people project their own values on the band and then get mad when the band doesn't match them, which I think is really unfair and sells the band way short.

are they your typical questions? no.

Actually, that's the thing -- they really are. Even more threads dedicated to this than Dexter's hair.

i appreciate that, in this thread, the moderator explained what happened. too vague of a response though...

It wasn't vague at all, it was exactly what I thought of when I closed the thread. Succinct, sure. But not vague at all.

I really wonder what the band hopes to achieve by paying
for a website with a BBS. I dont know if they even
realize what a nasty place this is, but, for me,
The mods and thier support of the bullys here sucks
the joy out of the Offsprings's music. Is that the objective?

If you read, you will see many of the biggest bullys
have stated that they will not even attend the live
shows going on right, what fucking joke. I think they
are more fans of being bullys on this BBS than they are
fans of the band.. that shit is fucked up!!!!!

Is that the point?, to drive fans away? If so you are doing a good job.

When the mods mature, and reflect I am sure they will
agree that posting to a BBS where you moderate is a
bad idea. The realationships the mods have with the
biggest bullys here causes a negative circle. The bullys
do thier thing, the mods suppost that, the bullys support
the mods, and it makes for no joy.

How exactly do we support bullys? You mean by all the people that I have personally contacted because they were treating you like shit, I was actually supporting them? SHIT. I had no idea!!

There were no moderators here for years and years and years. The band saw what was going on here and realized that we needed mods because it was like a playground overrun with bullies and pedophiles. I think you can do your own math.

0r4ng3
06-09-2009, 07:34 PM
So, you hate the forums, and everything about this place. You hate how things are run here (or at least, how you THINK things are run here), and you hate everyone here. I get the feeling you even hate the band. What are you even doing here, then? Do you just enjoy being angry and offended?

jacknife737
06-09-2009, 07:38 PM
LOL, I never saw you say a fking word to the board assholes, and the BS continued, so dream on.

You are now aware that a "PRIVATE MESSAGE" function exists.

Also, please stop being so fucking whiney.

06-09-2009, 07:53 PM
I really wonder what the band hopes to achieve by paying
for a website with a BBS? I dont know if they even
realize what a nasty place this is, but, for me,
The mods and thier support of the bullys here sucks
the joy out of the Offsprings's music. Is that the object

I wonder, does Dexter Holland and The Offspring even
realize the damage this BBS does to them? I am now LESS of
a fan now becauce of what they allow on these BS BBS,
It just sucks the joy of the bands music away., it is no fun : (

you can actually ask him that in the ask dexter holland thread. you might get an answer

Thomas
06-09-2009, 07:57 PM
now, if you want to argue about what they have said in regards to being punk, we could go back and forth all day on this as there's plenty of quotes supporting each side. i have a feeling, though, we would need to start a new thread for that :-)

Actually, the band has explicitly stated in interviews that they don't right their music to conform (O NO I DI'INT!) to the ideals of being "punk", but rather what they want to write and what others want to hear. I guess, in a sense, they are being rebellious to the rebels, and what the fuck is more punk than that?

To jpstoner: Posts have been deleted, threads have been closed, members have been deleted, what more do you want? The mods aren't corrupt.

I like you more and more each day, just so you know.

This woman speaks da troof!

LOL, I never saw you say a fking word to the board assholes, and the BS continued, so dream on.

I started out on this BBBs being kind and helpfiul and posting
more than just BS short posts like your BFF, who only says
"SHUT THE FUCK UP", But it seems that is what you want here,

LOL...oh yeah,,, right,,,,,you are doing such a good job. NOT!!

so.... uh .. dude, too many words????? OK,,,,, uhh.. hehehe.

bottom line,
if The Offspring dont give a fuck niether do I.
No more shows, no more hot sauce, no more CDs.
We were going to tour Ohio, but why the fuck would we??, fuck this BS.

Time will tell,,, lets watch.
This part is always interesting, and telling.

simple enough? or was that too long again?

how about a short version.
SHIT HERE IS FUCKED UP!!!!!
DOES THE BAND EVEN HAVE A CLUE?

Thats is it, I dont do back and forth, 3 is my maximum

Just because you haven't seen it, it doesn't mean that they don't do anything with internet bullies. They send private messages to people who troll and bully and whatnot so they don't have to publicly humiliate anybody.

Also, the band has literally sent the mods here Christmas presents (an Offspring logo Eight-ball, if I remember the discussion about it correctly...) to thank them for what a good job they have been doing. They know exactly what's going on (much better than you or I do) and they fully support the mods in every way.

Skinny
06-09-2009, 08:09 PM
I like you more and more each day, just so you know.

This woman speaks da troof!

I'm a guy.

Thomas
06-09-2009, 08:11 PM
I'm a guy.

Holy fuck, what's wrong with me? I thought you were Shank for some reason.

Well, in that case, apparently I still like you, and your statement is still as true as when I thought you were a woman.

my bad...

:o

Skinny
06-09-2009, 08:15 PM
Both start with an 'S'. Difference is, I gotta penis and Shank does not, problem solved!

JohnnyNemesis
06-09-2009, 09:25 PM
People whining about things being harsh here always makes me laugh. You kids have NO IDEA what it was like before, and you are also ridiculously cowardly if you think this is bad.

BACK THEN I HAD TO WALK 50 MILES UPHILL (BOTH WAYS) WITH NO SHOES TO POST ON HIS BBS! OH LAWDY IT WAS ROUGHHHH!

IamSam
06-09-2009, 09:28 PM
Ricky, you sound like you're 90.

But JP you've only been here three months out of the years of the BBS's existence. Your three months is not that valid of a measuring stick of how things are here.

0r4ng3
06-09-2009, 10:03 PM
You must be new to the internet, if this place is the most fucked up thing you can think of.

Omni
06-09-2009, 10:27 PM
We will see what happens. I know that I am NOT the
only one who feels like this. I have heard from others, lets see what happens.

cya

To be honest, the mods have probably made a couple of unfair calls in their time. They've been doing this a few years now, no one has a perfect record. But for the most part, I think the problem is a lot of people on here are teenagers. And thats it. So if you feel you've been wronged, you should certainly voice your opinion, and you may even convince them that you're right. But the whole routine of making topics urging others to rally against the Federation is getting pretty stale. You're not doing any good, and you never will this way.

jacknife737
06-09-2009, 10:27 PM
That thread was hilarious; grow thicker skin.

Human
06-09-2009, 10:34 PM
Haha I'm sorry to keep this going, but this just reminded me of when I first came to the boards 4 years ago, and was entirely internet stupid as well. I'm sure some of the older members must recall.

T-6005
06-09-2009, 10:41 PM
There were no moderators here for years and years and years. The band saw what was going on here and realized that we needed mods because it was like a playground overrun with bullies and pedophiles. I think you can do your own math.
Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Bro.

People whining about things being harsh here always makes me laugh. You kids have NO IDEA what it was like before, and you are also ridiculously cowardly if you think this is bad.
I only started posting once things got nice and reasonable. Stepping into the maelstrom it was before the nu-BBS, circa 2004, was a death wish.

I have been here for years, I just renewed in March.

We will see what happens. I know that I am NOT the
only one who feels like this. I have heard from others, lets see what happens.

We've all been here for years. Apparently, while most of us have grown and learned to chill out and roll with life's (and, apparently even more importantly in your eyes, the internet's) little foibles, you've simply gotten angrier at the controlling influence now reserved for spammers and trolls.

"I have heard from others." Christ, you'd like nothing more than to delusionally set yourself up as the board's very own little anti-oppression liberator, wouldn't you?

0r4ng3
06-09-2009, 10:45 PM
"I have heard from others." Christ, you'd like nothing more than to delusionally set yourself up as the board's very own little anti-oppression liberator, wouldn't you?
Funny thing is we have like twelve of those already. Hell, I'm probably one of them and I don't even know it.

IamSam
06-09-2009, 10:49 PM
Funny thing is we have like twelve of those already. Hell, I'm probably one of them and I don't even know it.

You're oppressing my wants/needs/desires for other fruits.

Skinny
06-09-2009, 10:53 PM
http://www.lonebannana.com/pics/early-banana2.jpg
A present, for you!

IamSam
06-09-2009, 11:29 PM
not to join the mob, and pile on or anything, but ya cant save the world, so dont be so fucking thin skinned.

Wait...what?

Are you talking to yourself or do you need to heed your own advice?

Oxygene
06-10-2009, 12:40 AM
I've got news for you it's fucktards like those that deprive the rest of us normal members from being able to interact with the band on a board that was funded for that.

no one is normal in this world, sorry. Some people can't conform into what others want them to be because that's simply not who they are.

and thank god for diversity in the world, discordant opinions, and strange ass ideas.

Um, way to be philosophical when it's actually totally pointless but OK.

What I said is we need to behave normal and have a decent atmosphere here to be able to interact with the band. I'm sorry but there needs to be some rules and boundaries we need to conform to. I don't like rules per se, but I realize that some - most - ok ok, almost all - people cannot function with out being put in their place. I'm sorry, but the diversity we gain from some unfucked dickless teenager telling Dexter to fuck off because the title of the song he is working on sucks, isn't of much value to me as opposed to the diversity of having the bands personal attention and interaction. Even if Dexter wasn't a member of the band, as a person I'd much rather have him on here sharing his views then any/all of the morons who've been bitching and whining pointlessly on and on about expensive t-shirts and tickets, and set lists and what not.

I'm sorry, but this has nothing to do with diversity in the world.. I have no problem with critical observations, but there is a reasonable tolerance level that should not be exceeded, and it has in the past, and I don't know what possessed the mods to delete it, but thank god they did! And if you think this board isn't diverse enough - Hey no one is forcing you to stay, you are free to get the fuck out of here. Ain't democracy grand?

How exactly do we support bullys? You mean by all the people that I have personally contacted because they were treating you like shit, I was actually supporting them?

He probably doesn't mean that he probably means when - let's use bigheads conspiracy theory here - l33ts get away with murder for example. It's been known to happen.

JohnnyNemesis
06-10-2009, 12:41 AM
True. If you haven't seen people posting lately, it's 'cause I murdered them and got away with it.

Oxygene
06-10-2009, 12:53 AM
True. If you haven't seen people posting lately, it's 'cause I murdered them and got away with it.

Nice to see you've finally gotten over that qwert yuiop dent in your ego.. there is a downside too however, it's really too bad you aren't feeling stupid enough anymore to keep me on your ignore list. I was pretty proud of that.. way to ruin my day :D

JohnnyNemesis
06-10-2009, 01:03 AM
People quoted you not being an asshole so often that I lightened up :(

ps. I hate to say it, but I've been making self-deprecating jokes like that since 2004, you were just too blinded by rage to notice it before :(

Budzy
06-10-2009, 01:53 AM
You had Oxygene on your ignore list? Sorry I just found this very surprising. I can't see why you would do that.

And as for the topic at hand:
FUCK YOU, FUCK THE MODS, FUCK THE WORLD, IM PACKING MY BAGS AND SAILING TO THE GREY HAVENS!

Al Coholic
06-10-2009, 07:14 AM
Yeah, censor this:

8=========D

JohnnyNemesis
06-10-2009, 07:59 AM
8=========D

http://offspring.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

ad8
06-10-2009, 08:38 AM
Yeah, reaching diversity by reducing the community to the group of people that we have most in common with.
Also, if Al Coholic drew the normal internet penis 2 posts before, here is the*censored user name* version
8=======================================D
:rolleyes:

Bipolar Bear
06-10-2009, 11:44 AM
I feel your pain. My thread about the enjoyment which being called a little slut brings me got deleted. Now I feel like the mods are making fun of my secret kinky fantasies. It took me a lot of courage to make that thread, and now I just feel weird, unappreciated and confused.

Lame move, mods. Lame move. You monsters..

ps. If you're willing to call me your little slut on phone PM me for my number :o

Oxygene
06-10-2009, 11:46 AM
People quoted you not being an asshole so often that I lightened up :(

ps. I hate to say it, but I've been making self-deprecating jokes like that since 2004, you were just too blinded by rage to notice it before :(

WOWz so long ago.. like zOMG color me impressed.

You knew very well that a part of what I have against methods of moderation in general is people who aren't long standing members, and or established with the mods because they know each other in r/l or whatever reason got much more rope in the past.. and a big part of this is basically nearly a free for all on harassing people who aren't a part of the clique, which I always found disgusting. An opportunity which btw you were never shy to live with.. and the reason you ignored me is because I called you on your stupid qewrt yuiop bullshit and even one of your peers said "You know what JN.. he's right" and that pissed you off so much you couldn't handle it. Putting whipped cream on shit isn't going to make it a hot fudge sundae.

Also the fact that when racist comments weren't directed towards blacks, jews, gays, or women then it was AOK. Check out what Shank got for making a comment back in the turn on / turn off topic.. then look at what people like HAU and the_GoDeSs who was a FUCKING MOD did. And when did HAU get banned? When he insulted Shanks' black husband and kids. I didn't like this biased moderation, but people (seems including you fortunately) have learned to behave! Or stopped posting or have been banned

You had Oxygene on your ignore list? Sorry I just found this very surprising. I can't see why you would do that.

Pay attention he can do it.. he's been posting comments like that and doing whatever he wants here since

Oh boy.. now Here come the pretzels..

Bipolar Bear
06-10-2009, 11:48 AM
Yeah, censor this:

8=========D

``````````..
``````````..
``..`` ``````````..
`::+shhddhhyso+/:.`` ```````````..
``````` .smmmmmmmmmNNmmmmho-`` ```````````..
.://////:::-..```-ymmNmmdmmmmmmNNNNmh+. ```````````..
` `/+///++++oooooo++sdmmdysssyhdmmNNNNNmh:`` ``````````..
`/++//+oooossssyyydNmho+/////oydmNNNNmy///:-.``` ``````````..
`:+////oyyyyyyyyyhmmds+///////+ydmNNNdo+oo+++//:-.``` ``````````..
`-+////+so+++++++ohmhsso//+o+o+ohhmmmhoooossoo+++++/:-.`` ``````````..
`.+////+oo+//////+smhyso+/+ooso/oymmdo/////+ooooo++++++/:-.`````````..
`.//////ooo/::--.:ods+o+++//////oomyo/:--::://+ooooo+++++o+/-.``````..
`./+////+oo/``` .sdsooo++////++oyh+/.`````.-:://ossoo+++++oo+:.````..
``:+////++o+. ` `+hsossooo///++shs/:` ``.-://+ossoo+++++oo.``...
``-////++++o:` ` -yoosoo+++//+osoo/-` ``.-://+osoo++oos+```...
`./+++++++o+.` `./sso+//++oossooo/-` ``.-/+ooo++oss+-````..
`.-/+++++++o:` `-+ssyyyssooooo+/-` `:oooo++osoo/-...`..
`.:++++o++os+-` `.:/+ssoo+++ooo/.` ``:+o++oooooo+//:-.....
`.-/+++++/+ooo/.``.:+so+++++o+o:.` ``-/o+++o+ooso+//:-..``..
`.:/++////+++o+:.-+ssso+o++o++/``` ``.-::+++++++oooso+//:-.````..
`.://///////+osooossssoooooo++:.``.-/+oosooo+oooooso++//-.``````..
`-///://////++oooooooooooo++++++++ooooooooooossso++//:-.``````...
`-///:::////+++oooooooooo+++++++++o++oooooosoo+///:-.````````...
.:////::/++oo+oooooooooo++++++++ooo+oooooo++//::-.``````````...
`.://///+ooooooooooooooo++++ooooooooo++++//:--.`` `````````..
`.:////+++osyyso+ooooooo++oo+ooooso++//:-.` ``````````..
.:////++ossso+++++oosso+ooo+++oooso:.` ``````````..
`-////+/////::///++ossooooso++++++o+/-` ``````````..
`:///+////:::://+osso+o+osso+//////+o/` ` ``````````..
`-/+//++++///++osyysooo++osyo+/:///++s- ``````````..
`:+++oooosssssssoo+++o++++syso+//++o+-` ``````````..
`-//+++++++++++//+++++++/++osysoooo+/. ` ``````````..
`.:/++++++//++/::/++++++//+++oyyso++:.`` ``````````..
`-/+++++++///:--:///+++++++ooo+////:-` `````````...
`.:/++++++///.``..:/+++++++ooo+////:.` `````````...
`-:+++++++++-````.:/++++++ooo+:::-.`` `````````...
`.-//+++++++/-````-/+++/+oooo+:..`` `````````...
`.://+++++//:....-/+o+/++oooo/` `````````...
`-://++++//::---:/+o+//+oooo+:` ``````````...
`.:/+++++//::::::++oo+++oooo+/.` ``````````...
``-:/++++++////:-:+oo+/+oooooo+:` ` ``````````...
`-/+++++++/:-..-++o+++oooooooo/.` ` ``````````...
`./++++++:.``.-/+++oo+ooooossss+. ` ```````````....
`-++++++:.`.--/++oooooooooosssso/` ``````````....
./+++++/-`.-//++ooooooooossssssss/` ```````````....
`-+++oo+/-.:+++oooooooooossssssssso-```````````.....
`:++++oo+++ooooooooooososssssssssss+.``````````... ..
`/++o++//+oooooooooooosssysyysssssso/.````````.....-
`:++++o/:+oosssssssssssssyyysssssssso:```````......-
`:+++++++osssssssssssssyyyhyssossosso+-``````.....--
` `-++o++++oosssssyyyssyyhhhy++oossossso:.````.......-
`` ` `-+++++++ooossssyyyyyyhddyo/:/ooosssso/.````......--
`...` `./++++++++ooooosyyyyhddhoo+/:/+oossss/-..`.......--
` ```.` `./++++++++++oooossyhhhhsoooo+-:osssss/-..........--
```````` `.:+++++++++++oooossyhyyssooo+-/ossyso/-..........--
`` ``` `:+o+++++++///oooossyyyyssssoooosssso/-.........---
. `` ` ``-/+o++++++++/+oooossyyysssoossosssso/-.........---
``````.````........`..-/++++++/+++://o/o++oos+o++++o+s+sso/-........----
`.---.--...`....`.`.-.--:+/:+/:+o+:/-o///++/s++/+++++o/+s+/:--.-....----
`..-.-.-.........-`...--:+/+//+/o+//-+/+++++soo+++o+o+o+s//-----....----
` `` `` ` ` ` `.-:+ooo+o++++/::+oossssysssssssssyo/:-........----

JohnnyNemesis
06-10-2009, 11:50 AM
Oxygene: no one is going to read that. I'm sorry.

Oxygene
06-10-2009, 11:50 AM
``````````..
``````````..
``..`` ``````````..
`::+shhddhhyso+/:.`` ```````````..
``````` .smmmmmmmmmNNmmmmho-`` ```````````..
.://////:::-..```-ymmNmmdmmmmmmNNNNmh+. ```````````..
` `/+///++++oooooo++sdmmdysssyhdmmNNNNNmh:`` ``````````..
`/++//+oooossssyyydNmho+/////oydmNNNNmy///:-.``` ``````````..
`:+////oyyyyyyyyyhmmds+///////+ydmNNNdo+oo+++//:-.``` ``````````..
`-+////+so+++++++ohmhsso//+o+o+ohhmmmhoooossoo+++++/:-.`` ``````````..
`.+////+oo+//////+smhyso+/+ooso/oymmdo/////+ooooo++++++/:-.`````````..
`.//////ooo/::--.:ods+o+++//////oomyo/:--::://+ooooo+++++o+/-.``````..
`./+////+oo/``` .sdsooo++////++oyh+/.`````.-:://ossoo+++++oo+:.````..
``:+////++o+. ` `+hsossooo///++shs/:` ``.-://+ossoo+++++oo.``...
``-////++++o:` ` -yoosoo+++//+osoo/-` ``.-://+osoo++oos+```...
`./+++++++o+.` `./sso+//++oossooo/-` ``.-/+ooo++oss+-````..
`.-/+++++++o:` `-+ssyyyssooooo+/-` `:oooo++osoo/-...`..
`.:++++o++os+-` `.:/+ssoo+++ooo/.` ``:+o++oooooo+//:-.....
`.-/+++++/+ooo/.``.:+so+++++o+o:.` ``-/o+++o+ooso+//:-..``..
`.:/++////+++o+:.-+ssso+o++o++/``` ``.-::+++++++oooso+//:-.````..
`.://///////+osooossssoooooo++:.``.-/+oosooo+oooooso++//-.``````..
`-///://////++oooooooooooo++++++++ooooooooooossso++//:-.``````...
`-///:::////+++oooooooooo+++++++++o++oooooosoo+///:-.````````...
.:////::/++oo+oooooooooo++++++++ooo+oooooo++//::-.``````````...
`.://///+ooooooooooooooo++++ooooooooo++++//:--.`` `````````..
`.:////+++osyyso+ooooooo++oo+ooooso++//:-.` ``````````..
.:////++ossso+++++oosso+ooo+++oooso:.` ``````````..
`-////+/////::///++ossooooso++++++o+/-` ``````````..
`:///+////:::://+osso+o+osso+//////+o/` ` ``````````..
`-/+//++++///++osyysooo++osyo+/:///++s- ``````````..
`:+++oooosssssssoo+++o++++syso+//++o+-` ``````````..
`-//+++++++++++//+++++++/++osysoooo+/. ` ``````````..
`.:/++++++//++/::/++++++//+++oyyso++:.`` ``````````..
`-/+++++++///:--:///+++++++ooo+////:-` `````````...
`.:/++++++///.``..:/+++++++ooo+////:.` `````````...
`-:+++++++++-````.:/++++++ooo+:::-.`` `````````...
`.-//+++++++/-````-/+++/+oooo+:..`` `````````...
`.://+++++//:....-/+o+/++oooo/` `````````...
`-://++++//::---:/+o+//+oooo+:` ``````````...
`.:/+++++//::::::++oo+++oooo+/.` ``````````...
``-:/++++++////:-:+oo+/+oooooo+:` ` ``````````...
`-/+++++++/:-..-++o+++oooooooo/.` ` ``````````...
`./++++++:.``.-/+++oo+ooooossss+. ` ```````````....
`-++++++:.`.--/++oooooooooosssso/` ``````````....
./+++++/-`.-//++ooooooooossssssss/` ```````````....
`-+++oo+/-.:+++oooooooooossssssssso-```````````.....
`:++++oo+++ooooooooooososssssssssss+.``````````... ..
`/++o++//+oooooooooooosssysyysssssso/.````````.....-
`:++++o/:+oosssssssssssssyyysssssssso:```````......-
`:+++++++osssssssssssssyyyhyssossosso+-``````.....--
` `-++o++++oosssssyyyssyyhhhy++oossossso:.````.......-
`` ` `-+++++++ooossssyyyyyyhddyo/:/ooosssso/.````......--
`...` `./++++++++ooooosyyyyhddhoo+/:/+oossss/-..`.......--
` ```.` `./++++++++++oooossyhhhhsoooo+-:osssss/-..........--
```````` `.:+++++++++++oooossyhyyssooo+-/ossyso/-..........--
`` ``` `:+o+++++++///oooossyyyyssssoooosssso/-.........---
. `` ` ``-/+o++++++++/+oooossyyysssoossosssso/-.........---
``````.````........`..-/++++++/+++://o/o++oos+o++++o+s+sso/-........----
`.---.--...`....`.`.-.--:+/:+/:+o+:/-o///++/s++/+++++o/+s+/:--.-....----
`..-.-.-.........-`...--:+/+//+/o+//-+/+++++soo+++o+o+o+s//-----....----
` `` `` ` ` ` `.-:+ooo+o++++/::+oossssysssssssssyo/:-........----

is her pussy shaven?

Oxygene
06-10-2009, 11:51 AM
Oxygene: no one is going to read that. I'm sorry.

that you are.

Bipolar Bear
06-10-2009, 11:54 AM
is her pussy shaven?

Her? xxxxxxxxx

Harleyquiiinn
06-10-2009, 12:05 PM
Yes her... I think that the ///// in the middle is definitely breast...

Harleyquiiinn
06-10-2009, 01:41 PM
I find it hilarious that people are complaining of censorship here. It's like people think they have the right to free speech on this here message board when the fact of the matter is, they don't. Freedom of speech belongs to the publisher (in this case, the BBS), not the writer (all of us regular users). They have every right to delete whatever they want, whenever they want, without reason or justification. You guys should be glad this place has rules and regulations that the mods follow extremely well, so you know what you are and aren't allowed to post.

The thread in question was really going nowhere, and the topic starter was refusing to listen to the logical rebuttals of other members, so they closed down the thread before it turned hostile. It was going absolutely nowhere except in that direction. The mods are just keeping the peace, that's all...

I'm sorry but I really have to answer to that... I simply really don't agree. I agree that you do not have freedom of speech on a message board and that there are rules, But what people are complaining about is that they don't understand the rules, because sometimes the moderation is odd. I've been here for a couple of months (and please don't tell me "oh but you have no idea how it was befoooore" I don't care, I am here now.) and I don't understand why some things are closed or deleted.
For example, I really didn't understand why the thread "rape a song" was deleted, The title was obvisouly a joke and the content was interesting. Little_Miss_Ishouldreallymemorizethatnumber explained to me but I still don't understand. The guy who created it asked, politely and wasn't given a proper answer !

On the ticket prices message, I didn't agree with Sugarglider, but some people actually agreed with her... and the thread was starting to get somewhere else, less agressive when it was closed (what is the most expensive ticket you paid ?)

If this is an official board where noone can criticize the band, then delete everything that is negative about it. If we can say what we don't like (which I have been assured, we can), I think complaining about the tickets prices or asking which song people don't like from the Offspring is not out of place.

And I also think that asking the mods to post just a single line message to explain why they are closing is not a lot to ask and would make things a lot better.

You say that the board belongs to BBS but we are the ones using it and the moderators are also users... not ghost administrators. Therefore, we can communicate

Disclaimer (I like disclaimers :D):
I am just giving my opinion, if I seem agressive that is probably just my limited vocabulary...http://www.assas.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/sifl.gif

disclaimer_07
06-10-2009, 02:38 PM
The funniest part is that the mods even care enough to delete tags. Especially in the photo album thread. C'mon, aren't they what keeps this forum alive? :D

Harleyquiiinn
06-10-2009, 02:42 PM
Woah, I just say that I like Disclaimers and right after that, a disclaimer is posting. This board is magical http://www.assas.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/hein.gif

randman21
06-10-2009, 04:20 PM
For example, I really didn't understand why the thread "rape a song" was deleted, The title was obvisouly a joke and the content was interesting. Little_Miss_Ishouldreallymemorizethatnumber explained to me but I still don't understand. The guy who created it asked, politely and wasn't given a proper answer !

More like you should remember the words of "Jennifer Lost the War"! But yeah, the explanation for why the thread was closed was more than sufficient for me. The way it was worded didn't invite constructive criticism, but rather a platform for a person to rant about a songs he hates. We've been there and done that here. I know that wasn't the thread starter's intention, though.

Little_Miss_1565
06-10-2009, 04:46 PM
OXY, FFS you know there is a three strikes and then we vote on whether or not you're out policy, so of course it took until HAU went after Shank's kids for him to get the boot. I love that I'm getting accused of favoritism when there's a friend, you, upset with this shit.

JPStoner, if I had a list of pets and enemies, I would have banned you already so I wouldn't have to read your ungrateful, willfully ignorant, repetitive garbage.

Thomas
06-10-2009, 05:37 PM
I'm sorry but I really have to answer to that... I simply really don't agree. I agree that you do not have freedom of speech on a message board and that there are rules, But what people are complaining about is that they don't understand the rules, because sometimes the moderation is odd. I've been here for a couple of months (and please don't tell me "oh but you have no idea how it was befoooore" I don't care, I am here now.) and I don't understand why some things are closed or deleted.

On the ticket prices message, I didn't agree with Sugarglider, but some people actually agreed with her... and the thread was starting to get somewhere else, less agressive when it was closed (what is the most expensive ticket you paid ?)

If this is an official board where noone can criticize the band, then delete everything that is negative about it. If we can say what we don't like (which I have been assured, we can), I think complaining about the tickets prices or asking which song people don't like from the Offspring is not out of place.

And I also think that asking the mods to post just a single line message to explain why they are closing is not a lot to ask and would make things a lot better.

You say that the board belongs to BBS but we are the ones using it and the moderators are also users... not ghost administrators. Therefore, we can communicate

Disclaimer (I like disclaimers :D):
I am just giving my opinion, if I seem agressive that is probably just my limited vocabulary...http://www.assas.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/sifl.gif

The thing is, though, the rules are VERY clear and are posted in every section of this board. People don't always follow the rules, so the mods take care of that. The "Rape a Song" thread was very disrespectful and not constructive in the least bit, so it was closed. The mods DID provide a reason for why it was deleted and if the person who made that thread wasn't satisfied with the explanation that was given, then that is their own problem. Sugarglider's thread was only closed because it was going in circles and was VERY close to becoming a hostile thread, so it was closed. If the thread wasn't going anywhere anyway, why leave it open if a flame war was about to start?

Randy here explained this much better than I did.
\/

More like you should remember the words of "Jennifer Lost the War"! But yeah, the explanation for why the thread was closed was more than sufficient for me. The way it was worded didn't invite constructive criticism, but rather a platform for a person to rant about a songs he hates. We've been there and done that here. I know that wasn't the thread starter's intention, though.

0r4ng3
06-10-2009, 06:22 PM
So really, it's just this one incident that you keep bringing up that has convinced you that this forum is an evil hive of scum and villainy?

bighead384
06-10-2009, 06:39 PM
If the mods banned the people they didn't like...

WHO WOULD THEY HAVE THESE ARGUMENTS WITH?!?!?!

Question authority.

Al Coholic
06-10-2009, 07:13 PM
Harleyquiiiiin, Oxygene:

First of all, let me say you're right. And since I showed you the curtesy of reading your entire posts, I'm sure you will return the favor. I've been compiling a long essay about the moderators, and observing them for some time. Even when I agreed with them I was pretending so they'd let their guard down and show their true colors. Here's what you should know:

WHEN I WROTE the following pages, or rather the bulk of them, I lived alone, in the woods, a mile from any neighbor, in a house which I had built myself, on the shore of Walden Pond, in Concord, Massachusetts, and earned my living by the labor of my hands only. I lived there two years and two months. At present I am a sojourner in civilized life again.

I should not obtrude my affairs so much on the notice of my readers if very particular inquiries had not been made by my townsmen concerning my mode of life, which some would call impertinent, though they do not appear to me at all impertinent, but, considering the circumstances, very natural and pertinent. Some have asked what I got to eat; if I did not feel lonesome; if I was not afraid; and the like. Others have been curious to learn what portion of my income I devoted to charitable purposes; and some, who have large families, how many poor children I maintained. I will therefore ask those of my readers who feel no particular interest in me to pardon me if I undertake to answer some of these questions in this book. In most books, the I, or first person, is omitted; in this it will be retained; that, in respect to egotism, is the main difference. We commonly do not remember that it is, after all, always the first person that is speaking. I should not talk so much about myself if there were anybody else whom I knew as well. Unfortunately, I am confined to this theme by the narrowness of my experience. Moreover, I, on my side, require of every writer, first or last, a simple and sincere account of his own life, and not merely what he has heard of other men's lives; some such account as he would send to his kindred from a distant land; for if he has lived sincerely, it must have been in a distant land to me. Perhaps these pages are more particularly addressed to poor students. As for the rest of my readers, they will accept such portions as apply to them. I trust that none will stretch the seams in putting on the coat, for it may do good service to him whom it fits.

I would fain say something, not so much concerning the Chinese and Sandwich Islanders as you who read these pages, who are said to live in New England; something about your condition, especially your outward condition or circumstances in this world, in this town, what it is, whether it is necessary that it be as bad as it is, whether it cannot be improved as well as not. I have travelled a good deal in Concord; and everywhere, in shops, and offices, and fields, the inhabitants have appeared to me to be doing penance in a thousand remarkable ways. What I have heard of Bramins sitting exposed to four fires and looking in the face of the sun; or hanging suspended, with their heads downward, over flames; or looking at the heavens over their shoulders "until it becomes impossible for them to resume their natural position, while from the twist of the neck nothing but liquids can pass into the stomach"; or dwelling, chained for life, at the foot of a tree; or measuring with their bodies, like caterpillars, the breadth of vast empires; or standing on one leg on the tops of pillars- even these forms of conscious penance are hardly more incredible and astonishing than the scenes which I daily witness. The twelve labors of Hercules were trifling in comparison with those which my neighbors have undertaken; for they were only twelve, and had an end; but I could never see that these men slew or captured any monster or finished any labor. They have no friend Iolaus to burn with a hot iron the root of the hydra's head, but as soon as one head is crushed, two spring up.

I see young men, my townsmen, whose misfortune it is to have inherited farms, houses, barns, cattle, and farming tools; for these are more easily acquired than got rid of. Better if they had been born in the open pasture and suckled by a wolf, that they might have seen with clearer eyes what field they were called to labor in. Who made them serfs of the soil? Why should they eat their sixty acres, when man is condemned to eat only his peck of dirt? Why should they begin digging their graves as soon as they are born? They have got to live a man's life, pushing all these things before them, and get on as well as they can. How many a poor immortal soul have I met well-nigh crushed and smothered under its load, creeping down the road of life, pushing before it a barn seventy-five feet by forty, its Augean stables never cleansed, and one hundred acres of land, tillage, mowing, pasture, and woodlot! The portionless, who struggle with no such unnecessary inherited encumbrances, find it labor enough to subdue and cultivate a few cubic feet of flesh.

But men labor under a mistake. The better part of the man is soon plowed into the soil for compost. By a seeming fate, commonly called necessity, they are employed, as it says in an old book, laying up treasures which moth and rust will corrupt and thieves break through and steal. It is a fool's life, as they will find when they get to the end of it, if not before. It is said that Deucalion and Pyrrha created men by throwing stones over their heads behind them:

Inde genus durum sumus, experiensque laborum, Et documenta damus qua simus origine nati.

Or, as Raleigh rhymes it in his sonorous way,

"From thence our kind hard-hearted is, enduring pain and care, Approving that our bodies of a stony nature are."

So much for a blind obedience to a blundering oracle, throwing the stones over their heads behind them, and not seeing where they fell.

Most men, even in this comparatively free country, through mere ignorance and mistake, are so occupied with the factitious cares and superfluously coarse labors of life that its finer fruits cannot be plucked by them. Their fingers, from excessive toil, are too clumsy and tremble too much for that. Actually, the laboring man has not leisure for a true integrity day by day; he cannot afford to sustain the manliest relations to men; his labor would be depreciated in the market. He has no time to be anything but a machine. How can he remember well his ignorance- which his growth requires- who has so often to use his knowledge? We should feed and clothe him gratuitously sometimes, and recruit him with our cordials, before we judge of him. The finest qualities of our nature, like the bloom on fruits, can be preserved only by the most delicate handling. Yet we do not treat ourselves nor one another thus tenderly.

Some of you, we all know, are poor, find it hard to live, are sometimes, as it were, gasping for breath. I have no doubt that some of you who read this book are unable to pay for all the dinners which you have actually eaten, or for the coats and shoes which are fast wearing or are already worn out, and have come to this page to spend borrowed or stolen time, robbing your creditors of an hour. It is very evident what mean and sneaking lives many of you live, for my sight has been whetted by experience; always on the limits, trying to get into business and trying to get out of debt, a very ancient slough, called by the Latins aes alienum, another's brass, for some of their coins were made of brass; still living, and dying, and buried by this other's brass; always promising to pay, promising to pay, tomorrow, and dying today, insolvent; seeking to curry favor, to get custom, by how many modes, only not state-prison offences; lying, flattering, voting, contracting yourselves into a nutshell of civility or dilating into an atmosphere of thin and vaporous generosity, that you may persuade your neighbor to let you make his shoes, or his hat, or his coat, or his carriage, or import his groceries for him; making yourselves sick, that you may lay up something against a sick day, something to be tucked away in an old chest, or in a stocking behind the plastering, or, more safely, in the brick bank; no matter where, no matter how much or how little.

Al Coholic
06-10-2009, 07:16 PM
I sometimes wonder that we can be so frivolous, I may almost say, as to attend to the gross but somewhat foreign form of servitude called Negro Slavery, there are so many keen and subtle masters that enslave both North and South. It is hard to have a Southern overseer; it is worse to have a Northern one; but worst of all when you are the slave-driver of yourself. Talk of a divinity in man! Look at the teamster on the highway, wending to market by day or night; does any divinity stir within him? His highest duty to fodder and water his horses! What is his destiny to him compared with the shipping interests? Does not he drive for Squire Make-a-stir? How godlike, how immortal, is he? See how he cowers and sneaks, how vaguely all the day he fears, not being immortal nor divine, but the slave and prisoner of his own opinion of himself, a fame won by his own deeds. Public opinion is a weak tyrant compared with our own private opinion. What a man thinks of himself, that it is which determines, or rather indicates, his fate. Self-emancipation even in the West Indian provinces of the fancy and imagination- what Wilberforce is there to bring that about? Think, also, of the ladies of the land weaving toilet cushions against the last day, not to betray too green an interest in their fates! As if you could kill time without injuring eternity.

The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation. What is called resignation is confirmed desperation. From the desperate city you go into the desperate country, and have to console yourself with the bravery of minks and muskrats. A stereotyped but unconscious despair is concealed even under what are called the games and amusements of mankind. There is no play in them, for this comes after work. But it is a characteristic of wisdom not to do desperate things.

When we consider what, to use the words of the catechism, is the chief end of man, and what are the true necessaries and means of life, it appears as if men had deliberately chosen the common mode of living because they preferred it to any other. Yet they honestly think there is no choice left. But alert and healthy natures remember that the sun rose clear. It is never too late to give up our prejudices. No way of thinking or doing, however ancient, can be trusted without proof. What everybody echoes or in silence passes by as true today may turn out to be falsehood tomorrow, mere smoke of opinion, which some had trusted for a cloud that would sprinkle fertilizing rain on their fields. What old people say you cannot do, you try and find that you can. Old deeds for old people, and new deeds for new. Old people did not know enough once, perchance, to fetch fresh fuel to keep the fire a-going; new people put a little dry wood under a pot, and are whirled round the globe with the speed of birds, in a way to kill old people, as the phrase is. Age is no better, hardly so well, qualified for an instructor as youth, for it has not profited so much as it has lost. One may almost doubt if the wisest man has learned anything of absolute value by living. Practically, the old have no very important advice to give the young, their own experience has been so partial, and their lives have been such miserable failures, for private reasons, as they must believe; and it may be that they have some faith left which belies that experience, and they are only less young than they were. I have lived some thirty years on this planet, and I have yet to hear the first syllable of valuable or even earnest advice from my seniors. They have told me nothing, and probably cannot tell me anything to the purpose. Here is life, an experiment to a great extent untried by me; but it does not avail me that they have tried it. If I have any experience which I think valuable, I am sure to reflect that this my Mentors said nothing about.

One farmer says to me, "You cannot live on vegetable food solely, for it furnishes nothing to make bones with"; and so he religiously devotes a part of his day to supplying his system with the raw material of bones; walking all the while he talks behind his oxen, which, with vegetable-made bones, jerk him and his lumbering plow along in spite of every obstacle. Some things are really necessaries of life in some circles, the most helpless and diseased, which in others are luxuries merely, and in others still are entirely unknown.

The whole ground of human life seems to some to have been gone over by their predecessors, both the heights and the valleys, and all things to have been cared for. According to Evelyn, "the wise Solomon prescribed ordinances for the very distances of trees; and the Roman praetors have decided how often you may go into your neighbor's land to gather the acorns which fall on it without trespass, and what share belongs to that neighbor." Hippocrates has even left directions how we should cut our nails; that is, even with the ends of the fingers, neither shorter nor longer. Undoubtedly the very tedium and ennui which presume to have exhausted the variety and the joys of life are as old as Adam. But man's capacities have never been measured; nor are we to judge of what he can do by any precedents, so little has been tried. Whatever have been thy failures hitherto, "be not afflicted, my child, for who shall assign to thee what thou hast left undone?"

We might try our lives by a thousand simple tests; as, for instance, that the same sun which ripens my beans illumines at once a system of earths like ours. If I had remembered this it would have prevented some mistakes. This was not the light in which I hoed them. The stars are the apexes of what wonderful triangles! What distant and different beings in the various mansions of the universe are contemplating the same one at the same moment! Nature and human life are as various as our several constitutions. Who shall say what prospect life offers to another? Could a greater miracle take place than for us to look through each other's eyes for an instant? We should live in all the ages of the world in an hour; ay, in all the worlds of the ages. History, Poetry, Mythology!- I know of no reading of another's experience so startling and informing as this would be.

The greater part of what my neighbors call good I believe in my soul to be bad, and if I repent of anything, it is very likely to be my good behavior. What demon possessed me that I behaved so well? You may say the wisest thing you can, old man- you who have lived seventy years, not without honor of a kind- I hear an irresistible voice which invites me away from all that. One generation abandons the enterprises of another like stranded vessels.

I think that we may safely trust a good deal more than we do. We may waive just so much care of ourselves as we honestly bestow elsewhere. Nature is as well adapted to our weakness as to our strength. The incessant anxiety and strain of some is a well-nigh incurable form of disease. We are made to exaggerate the importance of what work we do; and yet how much is not done by us! or, what if we had been taken sick? How vigilant we are! determined not to live by faith if we can avoid it; all the day long on the alert, at night we unwillingly say our prayers and commit ourselves to uncertainties. So thoroughly and sincerely are we compelled to live, reverencing our life, and denying the possibility of change. This is the only way, we say; but there are as many ways as there can be drawn radii from one centre. All change is a miracle to contemplate; but it is a miracle which is taking place every instant. Confucius said, "To know that we know what we know, and that we do not know what we do not know, that is true knowledge." When one man has reduced a fact of the imagination to be a fact to his understanding, I foresee that all men at length establish their lives on that basis.

Let us consider for a moment what most of the trouble and anxiety which I have referred to is about, and how much it is necessary that we be troubled, or at least careful. It would be some advantage to live a primitive and frontier life, though in the midst of an outward civilization, if only to learn what are the gross necessaries of life and what methods have been taken to obtain them; or even to look over the old day-books of the merchants, to see what it was that men most commonly bought at the stores, what they stored, that is, what are the grossest groceries. For the improvements of ages have had but little influence on the essential laws of man's existence: as our skeletons, probably, are not to be distinguished from those of our ancestors.

Al Coholic
06-10-2009, 07:18 PM
By the words, necessary of life, I mean whatever, of all that man obtains by his own exertions, has been from the first, or from long use has become, so important to human life that few, if any, whether from savageness, or poverty, or philosophy, ever attempt to do without it. To many creatures there is in this sense but one necessary of life, Food. To the bison of the prairie it is a few inches of palatable grass, with water to drink; unless he seeks the Shelter of the forest or the mountain's shadow. None of the brute creation requires more than Food and Shelter. The necessaries of life for man in this climate may, accurately enough, be distributed under the several heads of Food, Shelter, Clothing, and Fuel; for not till we have secured these are we prepared to entertain the true problems of life with freedom and a prospect of success. Man has invented, not only houses, but clothes and cooked food; and possibly from the accidental discovery of the warmth of fire, and the consequent use of it, at first a luxury, arose the present necessity to sit by it. We observe cats and dogs acquiring the same second nature. By proper Shelter and Clothing we legitimately retain our own internal heat; but with an excess of these, or of Fuel, that is, with an external heat greater than our own internal, may not cookery properly be said to begin? Darwin, the naturalist, says of the inhabitants of Tierra del Fuego, that while his own party, who were well clothed and sitting close to a fire, were far from too warm, these naked savages, who were farther off, were observed, to his great surprise, "to be streaming with perspiration at undergoing such a roasting." So, we are told, the New Hollander goes naked with impunity, while the European shivers in his clothes. Is it impossible to combine the hardiness of these savages with the intellectualness of the civilized man? According to Liebig, man's body is a stove, and food the fuel which keeps up the internal combustion in the lungs. In cold weather we eat more, in warm less. The animal heat is the result of a slow combustion, and disease and death take place when this is too rapid; or for want of fuel, or from some defect in the draught, the fire goes out. Of course the vital heat is not to be confounded with fire; but so much for analogy. It appears, therefore, from the above list, that the expression, animal life, is nearly synonymous with the expression, animal heat; for while Food may be regarded as the Fuel which keeps up the fire within us- and Fuel serves only to prepare that Food or to increase the warmth of our bodies by addition from without- Shelter and Clothing also serve only to retain the heat thus generated and absorbed.

The grand necessity, then, for our bodies, is to keep warm, to keep the vital heat in us. What pains we accordingly take, not only with our Food, and Clothing, and Shelter, but with our beds, which are our night-clothes, robbing the nests and breasts of birds to prepare this shelter within a shelter, as the mole has its bed of grass and leaves at the end of its burrow! The poor man is wont to complain that this is a cold world; and to cold, no less physical than social, we refer directly a great part of our ails. The summer, in some climates, makes possible to man a sort of Elysian life. Fuel, except to cook his Food, is then unnecessary; the sun is his fire, and many of the fruits are sufficiently cooked by its rays; while Food generally is more various, and more easily obtained, and Clothing and Shelter are wholly or half unnecessary. At the present day, and in this country, as I find by my own experience, a few implements, a knife, an axe, a spade, a wheelbarrow, etc., and for the studious, lamplight, stationery, and access to a few books, rank next to necessaries, and can all be obtained at a trifling cost. Yet some, not wise, go to the other side of the globe, to barbarous and unhealthy regions, and devote themselves to trade for ten or twenty years, in order that they may live- that is, keep comfortably warm- and die in New England at last. The luxuriously rich are not simply kept comfortably warm, but unnaturally hot; as I implied before, they are cooked, of course a la mode.

Most of the luxuries, and many of the so-called comforts of life, are not only not indispensable, but positive hindrances to the elevation of mankind. With respect to luxuries and comforts, the wisest have ever lived a more simple and meagre life than the poor. The ancient philosophers, Chinese, Hindoo, Persian, and Greek, were a class than which none has been poorer in outward riches, none so rich in inward. We know not much about them. It is remarkable that we know so much of them as we do. The same is true of the more modern reformers and benefactors of their race. None can be an impartial or wise observer of human life but from the vantage ground of what we should call voluntary poverty. Of a life of luxury the fruit is luxury, whether in agriculture, or commerce, or literature, or art. There are nowadays professors of philosophy, but not philosophers. Yet it is admirable to profess because it was once admirable to live. To be a philosopher is not merely to have subtle thoughts, nor even to found a school, but so to love wisdom as to live according to its dictates, a life of simplicity, independence, magnanimity, and trust. It is to solve some of the problems of life, not only theoretically, but practically. The success of great scholars and thinkers is commonly a courtier-like success, not kingly, not manly. They make shift to live merely by conformity, practically as their fathers did, and are in no sense the progenitors of a noble race of men. But why do men degenerate ever? What makes families run out? What is the nature of the luxury which enervates and destroys nations? Are we sure that there is none of it in our own lives? The philosopher is in advance of his age even in the outward form of his life. He is not fed, sheltered, clothed, warmed, like his contemporaries. How can a man be a philosopher and not maintain his vital heat by better methods than other men?

When a man is warmed by the several modes which I have described, what does he want next? Surely not more warmth of the same kind, as more and richer food, larger and more splendid houses, finer and more abundant clothing, more numerous, incessant, and hotter fires, and the like. When he has obtained those things which are necessary to life, there is another alternative than to obtain the superfluities; and that is, to adventure on life now, his vacation from humbler toil having commenced. The soil, it appears, is suited to the seed, for it has sent its radicle downward, and it may now send its shoot upward also with confidence. Why has man rooted himself thus firmly in the earth, but that he may rise in the same proportion into the heavens above?- for the nobler plants are valued for the fruit they bear at last in the air and light, far from the ground, and are not treated like the humbler esculents, which, though they may be biennials, are cultivated only till they have perfected their root, and often cut down at top for this purpose, so that most would not know them in their flowering season.

I do not mean to prescribe rules to strong and valiant natures, who will mind their own affairs whether in heaven or hell, and perchance build more magnificently and spend more lavishly than the richest, without ever impoverishing themselves, not knowing how they live- if, indeed, there are any such, as has been dreamed; nor to those who find their encouragement and inspiration in precisely the present condition of things, and cherish it with the fondness and enthusiasm of lovers- and, to some extent, I reckon myself in this number; I do not speak to those who are well employed, in whatever circumstances, and they know whether they are well employed or not;- but mainly to the mass of men who are discontented, and idly complaining of the hardness of their lot or of the times, when they might improve them. There are some who complain most energetically and inconsolably of any, because they are, as they say, doing their duty. I also have in my mind that seemingly wealthy, but most terribly impoverished class of all, who have accumulated dross, but know not how to use it, or get rid of it, and thus have forged their own golden or silver fetters.

NOW YOU KNOW!!!! SPREAD THE TRUTH!!!!!

Cock Joke
06-10-2009, 08:19 PM
Can I get a "TL;DR" up in this biznitch!?

Thomas
06-10-2009, 10:09 PM
allow me to quote from this thread-
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37180

That clearly wasn't an attack, though. She was very calm about it and made a nice suggestion in order to help you follow the rules. She's really been nothing but courteous and patient with you, so I don't see any reason at all to hold a grudge against her...

EDIT: Also, Al, I love ya to death, but there's no way in hell I'm reading that. Got spark notes for that or something? Because I do care about what you have to say, but that is the biggest case of "tl;dr" I've seen in years on these here boards.

JohnnyNemesis
06-10-2009, 11:33 PM
Al Coholic = best BBS member of 2009. Sorry kids. He just did it.

Harleyquiiinn
06-10-2009, 11:55 PM
I can't read your post Al Coholic, you have copy/pasted half of a book. A book written by an author (thoreau to be exact) who probably didn't authorize you... I don't think his publisher did either.... so I suggest that the mods delete it. :)

Edit: actually, I think this is in the Public domain sorry. But I don't see the point of reading it. You see if you want to make a joke about the long post I am making (20 lines ! waaah), I think you should at least do it yourself.

Another suggestion: Instead of deleting a thread, especially one which only problem was the unrespectful tone, maybe a mod could have asked to modify the title or the content to the one who started it...

Thomas, Randman, thanks for your answers. I did read the rules (yeah... I'm like that, I like rules and regulations... :D) and I didn't see anywhere that a thread should be closed because it was becoming boring or hostile. If some posts are hostile, maybe the thread shouldn't be closed but the mods work is to keep peace. Inside the thread, not just by closing it. I see people being unrespectful or other people being insulted all the time on that board so really I don't get it, sorry.

Little_Miss_1565
06-11-2009, 05:03 AM
Harley, I know you're new here, but I promise we know what we're doing. Constructive criticism of the band is fine. This is the band's site so I don't think it's out of the question to expect that such threads should come from a place of respect. Additionally, it's in the rules that we have the right to close delete move etc any thread that is a duplicate of another. There is already a thread for people to talk about songs they don't like and we don't need two. I don't understand why this most basic of moderation acts is so controversial.

Harleyquiiinn
06-11-2009, 05:27 AM
I am new, it doesn't mean that I can't say anything about moderation. On the contrary, I think I have kind of an objective eye ;)

I didn't say you didn't know what you are doing either, I just said that I didn't understand, as a user, why some things were moderated and not others and that maybe, if you communicated a little more, without waiting for the fight, I would understand it better...

because to be honest, the reason I didn't register before is because I thought this board was way too agressive for me... but I couldn't resist a good legal matter :D

See the duplicated thread reason, that is the first time I see it despite the fact that rageandlove asked you why his thread was deleted. And that is not what you answered at all to him...
Now, that is a reason I understand

RageAndLov
06-11-2009, 06:42 AM
See the duplicated thread reason, that is the first time I see it despite the fact that rageandlove asked you why his thread was deleted. And that is not what you answered at all to him...
Now, that is a reason I understand

Yeah, I haven't heard that reason.
If we look away from the fact that a similar thread already excisted and the thread was more like this...

Thread title: Constructive critique of songs you don't like

Thread content: Give constructive critique of songs that you think are not Offspring's best songs. Please explain why you think the songs are not as good as the others, and do it without behaving like closed-minded babies.

... would the thread be closed?

Little_Miss_1565
06-11-2009, 07:31 AM
Guys, I appreciate the sense of community and wanting what's best for it, but the rules are pretty clear, and if something is closed or deleted, it's because it broke one or more of the rules. Same with why someone is banned, or anything else that we do. It may not all be readily transparent, because we're human and there are lots of reasons sometimes to not broadcast everything.

I don't see the value of creating a thread solely for the purpose of discussing what you don't like about the band, but if people would be constructive and have it come from a place of love, then I think it would be fine. But it would create more work for me and the other moderators because time has shown that many people just can't be civil and totally overreact at the slightest touch, so we would have to watch it extra carefully.

Just keep in mind that this is the band's forum and of course they read it. Don't post things that you would shit your pants if Dexter read.

I can't speak for the other moderators, but I don't post why I'm closing or deleting a thread because it gets really old repeating myself over and over every day for the last few years and I can't imagine suddenly enjoying that in the years to come. C'mon, guys. The rules are there. If you have a question, just PM me or one of the other mods. No reason for these multi-page threads like this.

Oxygene
06-11-2009, 12:15 PM
OXY, FFS you know there is a three strikes and then we vote on whether or not you're out policy, so of course it took until HAU went after Shank's kids for him to get the boot. I love that I'm getting accused of favoritism when there's a friend, you, upset with this shit.

Hey I know that someone can't be objective, and let's stop for a second to clear this shit up

I have nothing but respect for you, I think this board couldn't have a better supermod, or at least I wouldn't want another one. Ok. That's my stance.

There is a whole other issue here about what you let slide, hey I know I probably get preferential treatment from time to time, and I may even abuse it, but never by attacking anyone.

This isn't an accusation of favoritism, and this isn't meant to be a democratic board, and most of what I am talking about is past shit anyway. It was more of clearing up the situation for JN, he's made those tasteless disgusting attacks on me, and put me on ignore and he probably knew how out of line he was both time hence his reference to him killing people or whatever. I wanted to make it clear.

I've had very little issue or negative observation on the way moderation has been done in the past.. if anything sometimes I think u guys let too much slide in general (discount favoritism), but I still think you make a great effort and you make this place better for us.

JohnnyNemesis
06-11-2009, 12:24 PM
Megalomania.

Free?
06-11-2009, 01:00 PM
Please visit the official Iggy Pop forum.http://iggypop.emiforums.com/index.php?showforum=6.
Well, it was like that a month ago when I visited it, now the website uses blog-style messaging scheme.
The point is: that's what can happen to the BBS without any mods.
Just stopped by to post that, sorry if it's off-topic, I'm too bored of these debates so I didn't read through.

06-11-2009, 01:19 PM
time has shown that many people just can't be civil and totally overreact at the slightest touch, so we would have to watch it extra carefully.
i suggest there should be a TALK SHIT section in the forum. everytime someone has the need to flame somebody they can just go to that section and keep it out of the GOD section or GC

because it gets really old repeating myself over and over every day for the last few years
she Can't Repeat. get it

Harleyquiiinn
06-11-2009, 01:25 PM
she Can't Repeat. get it

Yes you know, I have nothing against moderation in general. A board without moderation... that would just be Living in Chaos.

Little_Miss_1565
06-11-2009, 01:26 PM
Hey I know that someone can't be objective, and let's stop for a second to clear this shit up

I have nothing but respect for you, I think this board couldn't have a better supermod, or at least I wouldn't want another one. Ok. That's my stance.

There is a whole other issue here about what you let slide, hey I know I probably get preferential treatment from time to time, and I may even abuse it, but never by attacking anyone.

This isn't an accusation of favoritism, and this isn't meant to be a democratic board, and most of what I am talking about is past shit anyway. It was more of clearing up the situation for JN, he's made those tasteless disgusting attacks on me, and put me on ignore and he probably knew how out of line he was both time hence his reference to him killing people or whatever. I wanted to make it clear.

I've had very little issue or negative observation on the way moderation has been done in the past.. if anything sometimes I think u guys let too much slide in general (discount favoritism), but I still think you make a great effort and you make this place better for us.

Hey Oxy, thanks. It's cool, really. It's more several other people who are all OMG 1565 1337SPIRACY, and the irony of having you saying you were unhappy with the way thing went down with HAU's bullshit was just like...eeeeeeee!

And c'mon, please bury it with JN. Putting someone on ignore is a great way to deal with someone you just don't get along with, and maybe you guys just don't get along. And didn't he just say he took you off ignore?

she Can't Repeat. get it

LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

06-11-2009, 02:08 PM
that would just be Living in Chaos.
and one hundred punks(to name a few:me, rutegard,BP, cock joke,oxygene) would have fun terrorizing this places, making it a one fine day for them

Harleyquiiinn
06-11-2009, 02:24 PM
and one hundred punks(to name a few:me, rutegard,BP, cock joke,oxygene) would have fun terrorizing this places, making it a one fine day for them

I am Amazed by your talent at this game.

In the end, the only rule in this board would that it is Cool to Hate. And if you find a newbie (like me) who lost his way, would you Kick Him When He's Down ?

06-11-2009, 02:37 PM
I am Amazed by your talent at this game.

In the end, the only rule in this board would that it is Cool to Hate. And if you find a newbie (like me) who lost his way, would you Kick Him When He's Down ?
sure!!! why not?
I'm gonna come out swinging at any troller that i find. knock him/her out, leave 'em in Arizona and let the vultures eat them.all i want is to come out and play in these boards.

ad8
06-11-2009, 02:40 PM
And it feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeels...

...no?:(

Harleyquiiinn
06-11-2009, 02:44 PM
AllinAll > I give up, you are definitely too good at this :cool:

Ad8> what ?

lol I just saw the Cartman tag http://www.assas.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/lol.gif

06-11-2009, 02:47 PM
AllinAll > I give up, you are definitely too good at this :cool:

Ad8> what ?

lol I just saw the Cartman tag http://www.assas.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/lol.gif

yeah. i know. but nobody sigs me cuz i'm new here. bipolar normally gets into everybody's signature

Llamas
06-11-2009, 03:54 PM
i suggest there should be a TALK SHIT section in the forum. everytime someone has the need to flame somebody they can just go to that section and keep it out of the GOD section or GC

There is a postcount thread where you can post whatever the hell you want. That'd be a good place to do it if you want.

disclaimer_07
06-11-2009, 03:57 PM
yeah. i know. but nobody sigs me cuz i'm new here. bipolar normally gets into everybody's signature

Talking of Bipolar, why was he banned?

KHWHD
06-11-2009, 05:18 PM
Oh my Lord. :rolleyes:

06-11-2009, 05:52 PM
WHOA WHOA, I'D NEVER ATTACK LITTLE KIDS. I was concerned about them and wished them a good education.

I fake-attacked Shank and her husband.

Get you facts straight and now you can ban me.
so HAU is back

looks like oxygene and jn, HAU and shank don't get along very well.

guess you gotta keep 'em separated!!!

Rooster
06-11-2009, 05:56 PM
Eh, some users just have to learn how to respect the authoratah...

IamSam
06-11-2009, 07:58 PM
JP: Dexter is on here at least once every two weeks, helped put the mods in place, and listens to fan input on here.

This fact moots your point.

Cock Joke
06-11-2009, 09:23 PM
Why the FUCK are Bipolar Bear and bighead banned? I will cause a scene if I don't get any answers!

0r4ng3
06-11-2009, 09:34 PM
You're gonna cause a scene regardless, so why bother?

Cock Joke
06-11-2009, 09:41 PM
It'll be the biggest scene anyone's ever seen if no one answers my question!

IamSam
06-11-2009, 11:21 PM
http://www.geocities.com/agentdeluxe/Scenester.jpg

JohnnyNemesis
06-11-2009, 11:45 PM
Cock Joke: master intimdator.

Thomas
06-12-2009, 12:42 AM
JP: Dexter is on here at least once every two weeks, helped put the mods in place, and listens to fan input on here.

This fact moots your point.

qft.

Seriously, JP. What the fuck are you complaining about? If you think the mods are being unfair, the please, provide examples. The one you showed was 1565 being extremely nice and calm with her post, but still taking care of the issue. If you aren't going to support the band for stupid shit like this, but you are still going to take advantage of the services they provide on this website, then something is seriously wrong here. How dare you ever have called yourself a fan of this band if you lose faith in their MUSIC over something as trivial (and quite frankly, imaginary) as this?

Dexter has said on MULTIPLE occasions that he fully supports what the mods are doing here. I said it before, but the band literally sent them Christmas presents one year for the fine job and hard work they were doing. If this place is so goddamn messed up to you, then get the fuck out of here. If you are willing to be a positive member of this board, then you are more than welcome here and I will certainly not hold any grudges against you, despite our previous conflicts (hell, Oxygene and I got in a REALLY heated argument a few months back and he's recently become one of my favorite members here).

I can't for the life of me understand your thought process or logic at all. PLEASE elaborate on all of this because none of it makes any fucking sense.

Harleyquiiinn
06-12-2009, 12:48 AM
Oh yes I saw him online yesterday and that made me laugh. You really can't miss him when he is online. It's like:

Online users: Thomas, Little_Miss_65, DEXTER HOLLAND, Rutegard, JohnnyNemesis, Harleyquiiinn, etc..

:D

ninthz
06-12-2009, 01:10 AM
Kids these days.

Little_Miss_1565
06-12-2009, 08:03 AM
I don't understand why the same people get upset about someone getting banned. Firstly, it's been long enough now that everyone should know that if you have a question about a moderating decision, you should send a PM. Secondly, if it's your buddy, why don't you ask them?

06-12-2009, 11:55 AM
christmas presents were sent by the band to mods?!?!?! damn, u guys are lucky. a christmas present from the band to me, would be picks with offspring-ish artwork on it, and a autographed rafrag from dex. from noodles, one of his 15156456132486412346something guitars. from greg, a one hour interview.

dff_punk
06-12-2009, 12:58 PM
from noodles, one of his 1565-something guitars. .

Corrected.

Rutegard
06-12-2009, 01:24 PM
Oh yes I saw him online yesterday and that made me laugh. You really can't miss him when he is online. It's like:

Online users: Thomas, Little_Miss_65, DEXTER HOLLAND, Rutegard, JohnnyNemesis, Harleyquiiinn, etc..

:D

i have to quote this because this is the funniest post ive seen around here lately...

edit: i miss those guys

Cock Joke
06-12-2009, 07:25 PM
ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssss

that was a warning.

Little_Miss_1565
06-12-2009, 07:47 PM
So is this. You got your answer elsewhere on the forums. Don't fucking threaten me.

Cock Joke
06-12-2009, 08:30 PM
So is this. You got your answer elsewhere on the forums. Don't fucking threaten me.

How about banning the people that deserve to be banned instead of those who only come here to have a little bit of nice, harmless fun? Rickycrack, ninth, etc. deserve to get banned because they break the rules all the time and harass other members constantly! They don't even like The Offspring! The ones you call trolls are just the ones who want to have a good time on here. We set up that Anti-Authority group because of stuff like this always occurring. I still don't know why bighead and Bipolar were banned, and I can tell you for sure they didn't deserve it. You have always been biased, and the 1337 has always picked favorites and would never give other members a chance. You can bring up the whole "posting feces" scenario all you want, but I feel I should remind you it was in the FRIKKIN POSTCOUNT THREAD! And how is anyone supposed to know that turd is too hot for this BBS?

Well, that's it. I'm done posting on this board because it's not gonna get any better as long as the current mods are in power. There's no reasoning with any of you. To the people I have enjoyed talking to, it's been a great run. To the mods and the 1337, you can go fuck yourselves because you have made this board completely unappealing.

It's a shame that the greatest band in the world has to have a message board run like this.

JohnnyNemesis
06-12-2009, 08:47 PM
I still don't know why bighead and Bipolar were banned, and I can tell you for sure they didn't deserve it.

This right here sums up your hypocrisy perfectly. Adios, buddy!

Budzy
06-12-2009, 08:57 PM
I don't understand why the same people get upset about someone getting banned. Firstly, it's been long enough now that everyone should know that if you have a question about a moderating decision, you should send a PM. Secondly, if it's your buddy, why don't you ask them?

And I did this. And you didn't even answer part of my fucking question.
I asked politely aswell, why Bighead and Bipolar was banned, and is it permanent, the reply I got was:
Bighead will be back in a week, or something along the lines of that. Didn't explain why, didn't even explain anything about Bipolar.

IamSam
06-12-2009, 09:00 PM
I don't know the specifics about why they were banned. From outward appearances I personally thought bighead was getting better, but that is of course normal as he is ok for a while and then goes through a bout of uncontainable teenage angst and rebellion. Bipolar asked for it by that horrible outburst about a mod's personal life. What it boils down to is that I think both sides need to cool off. We are all people here that have tempers and sore spots that it appears that others attempt to arouse.

The root of the problem is that I think that there are those that hang onto the deeds done while telling others to not hold those deeds over the formers heads. This is both hypocritical and confusing.

In the end, I can see a six of one and a half dozen of the other scenario, but once again there are just some lines you do not cross, and unfortunately those lines have been crossed.

Also, spreading the truth through underground PM like Agent Mulder saying "I want to believe" is very laughable.

06-12-2009, 09:01 PM
BRING BACK BIPOLAR BEAR & maybe cock joke

IamSam
06-12-2009, 09:06 PM
Cock Joke isn't banned. He left.

Budzy
06-12-2009, 09:07 PM
I don't know the specifics about why they were banned. From outward appearances I personally thought bighead was getting better, but that is of course normal as he is ok for a while and then goes through a bout of uncontainable teenage angst and rebellion. Bipolar asked for it by that horrible outburst about a mod's personal life. What it boils down to is that I think both sides need to cool off. We are all people here that have tempers and sore spots that it appears that others attempt to arouse.

The root of the problem is that I think that there are those that hang onto the deeds done while telling others to not hold those deeds over the formers heads. This is both hypocritical and confusing.

In the end, I can see a six of one and a half dozen of the other scenario, but once again there are just some lines you do not cross, and unfortunately those lines have been crossed.

Also, spreading the truth through underground PM like Agent Mulder saying "I want to believe" is very laughable.

And what did Bighead even ever do? Argued for sure, and he was damn good at making something out of absolutely nothing I'll admit, but how did he break any rules? What did he ever do wrong?

IamSam
06-12-2009, 09:11 PM
And what did Bighead even ever do? Argued for sure, and he was damn good at making something out of absolutely nothing I'll admit, but how did he break any rules? What did he ever do wrong?

Did you not read my first sentence? I don't know.

Budzy
06-12-2009, 09:13 PM
Did you not read my first sentence? I don't know.

I did, sorry my post was not directed at you, it was directed at anyone else reading this thread who may have an answer. I was using your post as a valid point!

Skinny
06-12-2009, 09:21 PM
We want bipolar!!

Skinny
06-12-2009, 09:56 PM
I'm surprised that this thread hasn't been deleted, or at least locked already. Maybe the mods are gonna let us live a little.

Little_Miss_1565
06-12-2009, 10:57 PM
Because apparently saying this several times in various places around the forum and PMing some people isn't enough, I'm quoting myself here.

Ah, wonderful. So first he thinks that belittling me for having been raped is the way to intimidate me into letting him use the forum as his own personal playground, and now he's going to go the extra mile to pretend that I didn't reply to his PM to tell him why he is no longer welcome here.

I also love that I feel forced to talk about something incredibly personal as this, because I care enough about this place that I don't want the shadow of some dark new order over it. Bipolar wasn't banned because I don't like him. There are a lot of people I don't like, and they're all here living well. He was banned because he has been a frequent rulebreaker (and prided himself on it) since being allowed back on probation, and bringing up what happened to me -- which he has no fucking reason to even know in the first place -- is more bullshit than anyone should ever have to put up with.

I'm not ashamed of what happened to me, though clearly some think I should be.

Bighead got a temp ban for his part in it. He'll be back on Wednesday or Thursday.

If anyone is still having trouble understanding, I'd like to invite those people to suck my fucking balls.

Budzy
06-12-2009, 11:20 PM
How in fuck's name did they find out about that? Why would you tell them that?

IamSam
06-12-2009, 11:29 PM

Why would you blame her? Christ! She didn't purposefully tell them! If you've been here long enough, or have paid attention, you would have known!

Little_Miss_1565
06-12-2009, 11:30 PM

Sin Studly asked me once like four years ago, and I answered him. I have no fucking idea how Bipolar found out about it unless he's taken to reading everything I've posted. See also: "which he has no reason to know in the first place."

jacknife737
06-12-2009, 11:37 PM
They will not be missed.

Budzy
06-12-2009, 11:37 PM
Sin Studly asked me once like four years ago, and I answered him. I have no fucking idea how Bipolar found out about it unless he's taken to reading everything I've posted. See also: "which he has no reason to know in the first place."

Alright, fair enough.
So is that the official reason he is permanently banned, taking into consideration of what he's done in the past aswell?

Little_Miss_1565
06-12-2009, 11:38 PM
Alright, fair enough.
So is that the official reason he is permanently banned, taking into consideration of what he's done in the past aswell?

This is a rhetorical question, right?

You can fix your sig now -- he's not coming back.

Budzy
06-12-2009, 11:40 PM
This is a rhetorical question, right?

You can fix your sig now -- he's not coming back.

No thanks, I'll keep it there. I don't think it's offensive in anyway?

Thomas
06-12-2009, 11:45 PM
It's annoying as fuck, and it's extremely distracting to other members here who took no part in this argument.

Budzy
06-12-2009, 11:50 PM
It's annoying as fuck, and it's extremely distracting to other members here who took no part in this argument.

Then your hatred should be poured into the ones who did this terrible deed of banning Bipolar Bear.

Thomas
06-12-2009, 11:51 PM
No, that's ridiculous. You are the one being annoying.

Budzy
06-12-2009, 11:52 PM
No, that's ridiculous. You are the one being annoying.

You should express your concerns to a moderator through a PM.

IamSam
06-12-2009, 11:54 PM
Then your hatred should be poured into the ones who did this terrible deed of banning Bipolar Bear.

After hearing what he did you think it was a horrible deed?

Budzy
06-12-2009, 11:56 PM
After hearing what he did you think it was a horrible deed?

Hey, I still liked the guy.

Little_Miss_1565
06-13-2009, 12:04 AM
Budzy -- Consider this a warning for trolling. I'm not PMing you.

Thomas
06-13-2009, 12:09 AM
Yeah, fuck it. Trolls are going on ignore for me from now on, I think.

Budzy
06-13-2009, 12:10 AM
Budzy -- Consider this a warning for trolling. I'm not PMing you.

Trolling? WTF? How? Because of my sig? You can't be serious.

Little_Miss_1565
06-13-2009, 12:14 AM

Hey, I still liked the guy.

No, trolling because the only crusade you seem to be into is the one where you keep up his work of trolling me.

Budzy
06-13-2009, 12:21 AM
No, trolling because the only crusade you seem to be into is the one where you keep up his work of trolling me.

I asked a few questions in this thread. I sent you ONE PM (an extremely polite one I might add) regarding Bipolar and Bighead. So what I admitted I liked him? You can't ban me for that, just as people can't ban you for being friends with others on this board.
Thomas told me to change my signature, and I don't want to. So I gave him a stupid reply.
I don't consider that trolling.

Little_Miss_1565
06-13-2009, 12:25 AM
Oh right, PMs! "You should express your concerns to a moderator through a PM." Doesn't sound sarcastic at all. Cool, well, I'm tired of being a doormat.

Budzy
06-13-2009, 12:27 AM
Oh right, PMs! "You should express your concerns to a moderator through a PM." Doesn't sound sarcastic at all. Cool, well, I'm tired of being a doormat.

...it WAS sarcastic.

IamSam
06-13-2009, 12:29 AM
*headdesk*

Little_Miss_1565
06-13-2009, 12:29 AM
...it WAS sarcastic.

Hey batter batter...you missed it.

Anyway, everyone, please keep trying my patience on this. (Hint: it's really, really thin.)

IamSam
06-13-2009, 12:31 AM
On that subject, I want to tell you all a wonderful little back and forth between a substitute teacher and a student:

Teacher: Stop testing me! My fuse is really short!!

Student: May I light it?

---------

And there is my sappy joke for the day.

Budzy
06-13-2009, 12:35 AM
Hey batter batter...you missed it.

Anyway, everyone, please keep trying my patience on this. (Hint: it's really, really thin.)

I really don't see what I have done wrong. I asked a few simple questions and that was it. You answered them, which I am grateful for. Thomas stuck his nose in, and I basically expressed that I do not care about his opinion on my signature. That is not trolling.
That is all.

IamSam
06-13-2009, 12:37 AM
I really don't see what I have done wrong. I asked a few simple questions and that was it. You answered them, which I am grateful for. Thomas stuck his nose in, and I basically expressed that I do not care about his opinion on my signature. That is not trolling.
That is all.

But you saying you were going to keep up with the Bring Back Bipolar Bear shenanigans was probably not the smartest thing in the world now, was it?

Budzy
06-13-2009, 12:43 AM
But you saying you were going to keep up with the Bring Back Bipolar Bear shenanigans was probably not the smartest thing in the world now, was it?

Probably not. Your a very reasonable person IamSam.

Little_Miss_1565
06-13-2009, 12:43 AM
Budzy, I'm not going to argue with you on it. I appreciate you felt annoyed by Thomas but it didn't help me feel like you weren't undertaking one big troll effort.

IamSam
06-13-2009, 12:46 AM
Probably not. Your a very reasonable person IamSam.

I do what I can! I mean, I like your enthusiasm, but sometimes it's best to give things a rest when you know it's not gonna change you know?

Budzy
06-13-2009, 12:53 AM
I do what I can! I mean, I like your enthusiasm, but sometimes it's best to give things a rest when you know it's not gonna change you know?

Hmm, you've earnt my respect IamSam! I'd do the same for you if you ever get banned. lol

And to Little_Miss_1565:
I wouldn't have thought it was much of an effort at all really. Which is why I was shocked by your warning. Besides your recent decisions and a few other matters I can't be bothered going into mainly because of what I quoted IamSam for, I have nothing against you.

Little_Miss_1565
06-13-2009, 01:03 AM
I feel the same way about you, Budzy. I don't think you're a bad guy or a bad user at all. I would just like the bullshit circus to stop. BB is not coming back, I would like to stop being asked when he's coming back, I would like to stop being reminded about the whole thing. I just want it to be done with now.

Rag Doll
06-13-2009, 01:38 AM
Budzy, can you please edit your signature? Just take out one of the "let bipolar back" or whatever it is things. Ok? It's a bit too large. Thanks.

Llamas
06-13-2009, 01:56 AM
Yeah, fuck it. Trolls are going on ignore for me from now on, I think.

They've always been on ignore for me. Next on my list is Allinallwhatever... huge signatures and dumb posts aren't worth it. I'm glad that two of the people on my ignore list have been banned, and one left. However, I believe my ignore list is up to around 10 people... pretty sad how large a group of people that is. :-/

Oxygene
06-13-2009, 02:58 AM
First of all:
This is getting ridiculous, you guys need to stop bitching and moaning. This shit is getting out of hand.

Sarah does not have to explain herself for banning biopolar bear. She simply doesn't fucking have to. If I could've I would've banned him for that shit. And he never apologized, which means he meant that, it wasn't like he had a shitty day and he said it and he didn't want to bla bla bla. He deserved to be banned. This isn't a fucking free for all, this is an Offspring message board. The last thing I want to see here is personal attacks on people that make an effort for the community of us Offspring fans. If it was up to me bipolar would be shot for what he said. I like Sarah, I've known her for about 10 years or maybe a bit more (she probably showed up around 99 I think.. but wtf I'm drifting), and nobody should get away with putting some down like that. Fuck bipolar! I am 100% behind Sarah, if someone has a problem with her banning Bipolar, you have a problem with me.

As for the other side of the argument, to the mods and to Sarah.. we all know there is something to the argument biploar cock joke bighead etc are/were making. There definitely was and there is. You have a moral obligation to try and be objective - why? Because this isn't your bbs you are representing other people, who deserve that kind of flawless representation. You all do need to take a cold hard look at your methods and processes and I think if you come to the conclusion where you can't be objective you should consider changing, or stopping moderation. It is absolutely horrific to me that when a 1337 puts down an entire country or people, or launches a bipolar like personal attack, then others come to their defense nodding along or just aren't getting involved and they can run free pulling shit like that, provoke, harass, attack outsiders and or anyone in general without even an open warning of it being wrong, or a fucking remark from any of you.
And this isn't bigheads crazyass conspiracy theory. You don't need a formal conspiracy for this. The people I am talking about all come from the same era, they became active around the same time, they aren't really Offspring fans, they hang out in GC often and they're part of the same clique.. you don't need to sit down in a room in a hollow volcano stroking a big cat and decide what your next move is, it's clear to them what's in their interest. You all have each others backs without principal, which is to be admired in many ways.. although I've never been one with a herd attitude but to each his own.
But remember: as long as those people can get away with it, people like bipolar will always try and test their borders and limits.. and you know what? They are right to.. of course bipolar is gonna lash out and call you a raped cunt, if others can call norwegians talentless and the get defended for it, if the people here can say they hate gypsies, if eastern europeans can be told their lives all suck, not to mention shit that has gone down in the past, where someone who had openly stated that me along with all Hungarians should be slaughtered became a A FUCKING MODERATOR. WHAT KIND OF EXAMPLE IS THAT? Compared to that bipolars remark was all but an innocent musing. We bring this sort of behavior unto ourselves, because we cherry pick and accept it from some. There has never been a line drawn in the sand, and as long as there is - for real - there isn't going to be peace and quite. The biggest favor you could do for yourselves to make your lives easier, make the majority follow the rules, less shit for you to do and more respect, is the next time someone from the 1337 acts up, punch them in the face openly.. then people will start shutting up, because if the rules apply to people who you are friends with.. then they aren't going to be testing where their own limits are.

Again: this isn't to say you guys don't make a great effort, or you don't do a good job in general. It isn't.. like I said, I applaud and respect your input and for the most part I agree with it.. that isn't to say that biploar and bighead can't be right about certain things.

And to all the fucks who are gonna try and come after me and turn it and twist into me saying it's ok to rape sarah, and I'm defending biploar: Fuck you and your silly ass childish approach. Bipolar is fucking scum for having said that, and he deserves much more than he got. But that doesn't mean that in certain things he couldn't have been right.. like he though the best band ever is the Offspring. He's right about that too. He is however wrong for having attacked Sarah, and if I ever saw him in r/l I'd have a long hard talk with him, and if he didn't apologize after that, I'd slit his throat with a dull knife.

Rutegard
06-13-2009, 03:01 AM
Budzy, can you please edit your signature? Just take out one of the "let bipolar back" or whatever it is things. Ok? It's a bit too large. Thanks.

this is a nice way to put it. thanks.

bipolar was such a character, loved by some, hated by others. one thing is for sure, this bbs will never be the same and i think we all agree on that.

maybe he was a troll, or just too young....maybe he was derailing threads or just had a peculiar sense of humor, whatever the reason is i am extremely upset by this whole situation:

1. he is gone (yeah believe it or not i like his personality)
2. we r having our very own second (or third?) bbs civil war (and i thought that we were done with this)

and if i can understand some mods stands, i can also get some of the "pueblo" arguments (not only talking bout bipolar). both r right and both suck! the final and sad truth is that only one side can win, and we all know which one is and will ever be! this is what pisses me off the most to be honest. i wish there were another way....

edit: like a party or something :P

JohnnyNemesis
06-13-2009, 03:23 AM
Thread summary: those who looked for trouble found it, explicitly dared mods to ban them, got banned, then asked why and acted like they didn't know what happened. Stop being so fucking stupid. Die in a fire instead.

Little_Miss_1565
06-13-2009, 03:30 AM
i luh u ricky

Oxy, dude, please. Help a girl out. The moderators you are speaking of, putting down entire countries et al, they are not moderators anymore. I can't make change happen if people refuse to see it.

JohnnyNemesis
06-13-2009, 03:40 AM
Not to mention those folks were voted in, which is different from the current group. I just wan folks to be peaceful here, whether your friends are around or not.

The Talking Pie
06-13-2009, 03:47 AM
Little_Miss_1565; I think the main problem is that, however justified you are in your actions, you seem to give off the outward appearance of a vigilante rather than a benevolent dictator in the way you verbally address these issues.

True, you don't have to explain/defend yourself, but when you take on the decision to do so anyway (even if it's entirely provoked by others, etc.), then you just go the wrong way about it; you get personal and bitchy because they've got personal and bitchy.

JohnnyNemesis
06-13-2009, 03:54 AM
Well put, my friend. I think all sides need to cool off and avoid trouble whenever possible, but there is definitely a pattern of moderators explicitly explaining why things occur, only to be met with complete refusal/denial and reiterating questions that were already answered.

Moderators (backed by management and the band) have little choice at that point but to follow procedure outlined in every section of the forum despite whatever mistakes (admitted or not) they've made, because these rules are for all to see and follow.

I hope I'm making sense.

Oxygene
06-13-2009, 05:24 AM
i luh u ricky

Oxy, dude, please. Help a girl out. The moderators you are speaking of, putting down entire countries et al, they are not moderators anymore. I can't make change happen if people refuse to see it.

Listen, like I said there's never been a line drawn in the sand, it's always been a kind of shifting, and if it's not clear cut people like bipolar will always try and test the limits. The issue isn't the way we are changing I know current moderators aren't like that anymore.. although I think that changed as recently as two or three months ago, when mod rights were revoked for people who hadn't been visiting. This isn't about that tho.. there are a million other issues, that was the one that kind of stuck with me, because it sort of became my pet peeve, and it always grabbed my attention. And shit like that is still happening, if you look at the norways talent thread some jerk off said norway doesn't have talent, then after being called on his bullshit someone else showed up, who took to defending the person and neither of them were ever told off or anything..

I don't wanna go into it, because it's always dragged down by meaningless technicalities "Oh I didn't respond to that I responded to something else, I thought you meant out of line meant that he doesn't think the dance troup is good, not putting an entire country down, why would you consider putting an entire nation down to be of line?" bullshit... what I'm saying is this is part of the reason that bipolar and others allow the luxury of fucking this bbs up for us, and taking horrible and unforgivable shots at you ie. You need to see what's part of the problem and what isn't...

I've given up on changing that shit, and like I said it's mellowed out, the dumbfucks sort of got off my back and I've learned to live with the permanent idiocy. I don't like it, but I'm not gonna be a lone crusader for sanity. So this isn't a personal attempt at making things better and getting people to see an error of their ways. I have no personal stake in it. It's more about painting the picture of the mechanism at hand.

Little_Miss_1565
06-13-2009, 07:40 AM
Little_Miss_1565; I think the main problem is that, however justified you are in your actions, you seem to give off the outward appearance of a vigilante rather than a benevolent dictator in the way you verbally address these issues.

True, you don't have to explain/defend yourself, but when you take on the decision to do so anyway (even if it's entirely provoked by others, etc.), then you just go the wrong way about it; you get personal and bitchy because they've got personal and bitchy.

I feel you, I really do. And to that I can only say I'm human. I can only take so much. I've been in the habit my whole life to try and treat everyone with respect, but revoking it when I do not get it in return. At this point, I have completely lost patience with the situation as it regards a certain group of members, and that is a problem. But thankfully there are four other moderators who aren't thinking about setting the forum on fire right now, and that balances nicely I think.

But I can only regain patience if I'm allowed some space and not hounded about a bunch of fucking bullshit that we were totally within rights to do. If you keep poking a tiger with a stick, the tiger is going to eat you, and it's dumb to act surprised when that happens. Ufeelme?

Well put, my friend. I think all sides need to cool off and avoid trouble whenever possible, but there is definitely a pattern of moderators explicitly explaining why things occur, only to be met with complete refusal/denial and reiterating questions that were already answered.

Moderators (backed by management and the band) have little choice at that point but to follow procedure outlined in every section of the forum despite whatever mistakes (admitted or not) they've made, because these rules are for all to see and follow.

Gracias, señor.

It is a bad idea for mods to post on boards which they can banish members. I was new, and you were sure I was wrong, but now longer term people are speaking up. What will it take to understand?. Power corrupts, absolute power.....

There are many examples of abuse all over this BBS. Open your eyes. Do not be jaded by the protection you feel. When you mature, and reflect on this, you will understand.

I truly and honestly do not understand what you are saying. All I ever did was suggest you not get so upset when people were rude to you, which is rather immature, as is your whole crusade against me using quotes that are really pretty benevolent and trying to help.

...The issue isn't the way we are changing I know current moderators aren't like that anymore.. although I think that changed as recently as two or three months ago, when mod rights were revoked for people who hadn't been visiting. This isn't about that tho.. there are a million other issues, that was the one that kind of stuck with me, because it sort of became my pet peeve, and it always grabbed my attention. And shit like that is still happening, if you look at the norways talent thread some jerk off said norway doesn't have talent, then after being called on his bullshit someone else showed up, who took to defending the person and neither of them were ever told off or anything..

Again, we are only human. We cannot rid the world of retards who have axes to grind against entire swaths of the human existence. We cannot make this forum a shiny happy place. We've tried. The strategy now is trying to mitigate the negativity.

what I'm saying is this is part of the reason that bipolar and others allow the luxury of fucking this bbs up for us, and taking horrible and unforgivable shots at you ie. You need to see what's part of the problem and what isn't...

I do see what's part of the problem and what isn't, but I try to make judgment calls as best I can and I consult the other moderators constantly for a reality check and beg them to fight me on shit. This position often puts me in the position of having to reprimand friends on here. That sucks. And some people take it well and some don't.

I've given up on changing that shit, and like I said it's mellowed out, the dumbfucks sort of got off my back and I've learned to live with the permanent idiocy. I don't like it, but I'm not gonna be a lone crusader for sanity. So this isn't a personal attempt at making things better and getting people to see an error of their ways. I have no personal stake in it. It's more about painting the picture of the mechanism at hand.

I hear you, and in a lot of ways I've done the same. I think there has been way too much mercy for forum members who aren't really interested in anything but being a nuisance. The irony is that in getting rid of a lot of the flaming and trolling, it's allowed obnoxious users who would have been eaten alive in 10 minutes in the previous incarnation of the board to thrive. I can't change the entire picture of the forum without help, and the more time I have to spend endlessly repeating myself about the same shit when people can't be fucked to read the rules posted in every forum, it rather drags me down.

Duskygrin
06-13-2009, 07:50 AM
LittleMiss1565 shouldn't be a mod. Her outbursts are way too hilarious: "Look at me, look at ME, I'm a cripple, chronically ill, I barely survive on a minimum of comfort, I'm a feminist, women must stick together and don't forget, I was raped, but don't bring it up else you'll get banned."

For serious. How old is she, 12?

Little_Miss_1565
06-13-2009, 07:54 AM
Maria, you are insane, and I cannot take anything you say seriously for the reason that you are insane. What little you understand of what people say here is further clouded by your massive ego, that you get pissed off and lash out at anyone who does not massage said ego. Then you lapse into Dickensian nonsense when it is shown that you cannot push someone around with your ridiculousness.

Keep poking the tiger, people.

Duskygrin
06-13-2009, 07:56 AM
Whatever you say, baby. *blows kiss*

Oxygene
06-13-2009, 08:04 AM
LittleMiss1565 shouldn't be a mod. Her outbursts are way too hilarious: "Look at me, look at ME, I'm a cripple, chronically ill, I barely survive on a minimum of comfort, I'm a feminist, women must stick together and don't forget, I was raped, but don't bring it up else you'll get banned."

For serious. How old is she, 12?

I generally like you and find you entertaining.. attacking other people doesn't suite you so well, I suggest you stop.

Duskygrin
06-13-2009, 09:08 AM
What's your gripe? You didn't say anything when Little_Miss_1565 called me a tool. Called me plenty other things. When I wasn't even addressing her.

If you're in love with her, why don't you propose to her? She'll spend her days making herself pretty instead of making users miserable just because she can't handle her shitload of issues.

Also, nobody is poking any tiger. People are discussing. More to the point, people are discussing her style of moderating, and I'm only calling it "moderating" to be nice.

Truth is, she can't moderate a bloody thing. All she does is go berserk.

Rag Doll
06-13-2009, 09:10 AM
Maria, you're not civilly discussing anything. You're just throwing out insults. Other recent replies in this thread, however, are civilly discussing the way the moderators do things. You can be perfectly pleasant when you want to be - please decide to act that way more often.

Duskygrin
06-13-2009, 09:13 AM
Rag Doll, I am perfectly pleasant, it is my natural condition.

Please moderate Little_Miss_1565 when she is being personally abusive to people, instead of, say, pour your frustation on me.

And please get off my back.

Oxygene
06-13-2009, 09:14 AM
What's your gripe? You didn't say anything when Little_Miss_1565 called me a tool. Called me plenty other things. When I wasn't even addressing her.

If you're in love with her, why don't you propose to her? She'll spend her days making herself pretty instead of making users miserable just because she can't handle her shitload of issues.

Also, nobody is poking any tiger. People are discussing. More to the point, people are discussing her style of moderating, and I'm only calling it "moderating" to be nice.

Truth is, she can't moderate a bloody thing. All she does is go berserk.

I'm not in love with her, I'd first be in love with you and propose to you.. you must like to have crazy kinky sex, and that's hot :)

But in all seriousness I am one of the few people who have come to your defense when you lash out and start acting bat shit insane, so what your saying about her calling you a tool and me not doing saying anything about is, is factually wrong. Or if I wanna use ugly language.. a lie.

lucys_bad_habit
06-13-2009, 09:18 AM
interestin discussion ;)

Duskygrin
06-13-2009, 09:20 AM
Eeeeehh? What's that now? I'm just pointing out the big imbalance between...

Look, I'm stopping right there, because basically what you're saying is "Maria, realise very few people on this board like you and are willing to stand up for you, so be nice to me because I did defend you".

And frankly, that's low.

Oxygene
06-13-2009, 09:27 AM
what you're saying is "Maria, realise very few people on this board like you and are willing to stand up for you, so be nice to me because I did defend you".

Nope:
What I'm saying is: "Maria, I did stand up for you, so don't lie and say I didn't stand up to you"

And that's the truth.

I don't judge, gauge or care about what many like don't like so I wouldn't even think of anything in that context anyway.

Duskygrin
06-13-2009, 09:33 AM
If what you mean is "I don't judge people based on their popularity on offspring.bbs", I agree, it's not the best of criteria.

Thanks anyway for clearing it up.

Oxygene
06-13-2009, 09:37 AM
If what you mean is "I don't judge people based on their popularity on offspring.bbs", I agree, it's not the best of criteria.

Thanks anyway for clearing it up.

I don't judge people based on their popularity period. Wether it's offspring bbs or whatever, I don't.

I judge them on what they do, and based on what biploar did he deserved what he got, irrespectful of what you think of how sarah is doing her job.

Duskygrin
06-13-2009, 09:44 AM
It's not that, it's her reactions, the way she acts, talks, making sure I really get she hates me, and all, it's really aggravating. Like if people are bashing me she'll be sure to put the final nail on my coffin, but if I post a beautiful picture you won't see her complimenting it, if I help people out when they need anything, you won't see her praising that either, she just likes to put me down, that's rather pathetic come to think of it. I wasn't there to see what BB actually did, I just got a profile message from a user saying "they banned me" and I wondered who it was, and disclaimer_07 told me, and then she gets on her high horse all over again mentioning her issues and her life... such misery...

It's bloody tiresome talking about it, since you like her I won't say anything on the subject anymore lest we fall out again, but I humbly suggest she start considering that keeping a civil tongue in her head and not act as if we were constantly attacking her might lead her to be more appreciated as a moderator. She'll benefit from it, and we will, too. As for her private life, next time let's hope she'll keep mum about it.

Oxygene
06-13-2009, 09:51 AM
It's not that, it's her reactions, the way she acts, talks, making sure I really get she hates me, and all, it's really aggravating. Like if people are bashing me she'll be sure to put the final nail on my coffin, but if I post a beautiful picture you won't see her complimenting it, if I help people out when they need anything, you won't see her praising that either, she just likes to put me down, that's rather pathetic come to think of it. I wasn't there to see what BB actually did, I just got a profile message from a user saying "they banned me" and I wondered who it was, and disclaimer_07 told me, and then she gets on her high horse all over again mentioning her issues and her life... such misery...

It's bloody tiresome talking about it, since you like her I won't say anything on the subject anymore lest we fall out again, but I humbly suggest she start considering that keeping a civil tongue in her head and not act as if we were constantly attacking her might lead her to be more appreciated as a moderator. She'll benefit from it, and we will, too. As for her private life, next time let's hope she'll keep mum about it.

I like both of you, I think you guys are both pretty unique and I don't have a problem if you have issues, but you should sort it out. What you are accusing Sarah of Bipolar did, he dragged in her personal life, and you're right about that being wrong. But it's also wrong if Bipolar does it.

I didn't complement you on your beautiful pictures either, because I hate the drooling that teenage boys here do, when a girl posts any pic where you can actually tell she's not a dude :) So it's never black and white Maria.

Oxygene
06-13-2009, 10:21 AM
"I truly and honestly do not understand what you are saying. All I ever did was suggest you not get so upset when people were rude to you, which is rather immature, as is your whole crusade against me using quotes that are really pretty benevolent and trying to help."

wtf? NOT get upset when people are rude to me? How should I act, happy?

I do not have a crusade against anyone, I said, as a rule, mods on BBS should not get personally involved with members. mods are there to be enforcers.

When rules are written they should be for EVERYONE. period, follow that rule, and there will be peace ,BUT, If you wanna bend the rules for the special people, then you will have ....well...what you have here.

I am not arguing, I am only stating my observations. I dont wanna attract your mob, because when that happens, then the mob rules apply, and if you wanna go there, then expect the worst.

In life, if you are rude, expect the same in return, what would you expect?
Write rules, and they apply to everyone, EVEN 1337. OK?

Why would you even allow a fucking club like the 1337, HOW STUPID!!
you arent helping the cause
fucking stop

Little_Miss_1565
06-13-2009, 10:25 AM
JPstoner, the 1337 is imaginary. I have given lots of the so-called 1337s warnings. IKve given friends temp bans. You seem to be under the impression that if you don't see it, it doesn't exist. This is mistaken.

Maria, I try to treat you with indifference but it's generally you who comes out swinging, and you are so frequently irrational in those moments. I'm sorry that's harsh, but it's how I feel. I am so tired of all of this. We have hated eachother for years and I honestly don't care. I already said that message was to address something to everyone, and you've already said you weren't there so you don't know what happened. But you can't just let it lie there, you have to have some kind of declaration about something that you admit you know nothing about! How about I'll leave you completely alone unless it's in an official capacity, and you leave me alone too. How's that?

IamSam
06-13-2009, 10:30 AM
Conspiracy theory

Your time here would be much better used posting in General Offspring Discussion and Other Bands.

Maria: Poking the tiger, while sounding sexual, is nothing other than trying to piss other people off.

randman21
06-13-2009, 10:55 AM
This is getting ridiculous.

Oxygene
06-13-2009, 11:01 AM
It is clear that you are alll quite sure that I am wrong, and mainly you want to moot points, and deny the 1337 etc, etc, ...oh well....hope you are happy in your misery.

Your message comes off stupid, even though I knowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

this is sooo borrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiing

dammit there isn't a formal consipracy there is like a sort of "you suck my dick I suck your dick" group of non-offspring fan people stemming from general chat and yeah they act like unfucked frustrated teenagers and yeah they're arrogant and think they are smart when in fact the majority of them are spoiled mindless clueless preppy assholes, but it isn't a big thing... but don't worry they aren't smart enough to conspire :)

So stop it, post like your discredit the whole notion of there being something wrong, which makes me angry.

ad8
06-13-2009, 11:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJP3aiYBKPI

To be honest, I wish I never read this thread. The mods don't need to reason with anyone. They often try to be nice and explain things but we all have to keep in mind that THEY DON'T HAVE TO DO THIS. Theoretically this could be called a "dictatorship" (regarding the balance of power). I know the mods try to make this BBS as user-friendly as possible, but in case they are not as nice as usual one has to keep in mind that the nice behaviour is not necessary.
(Please don't misinterpret me here. I just tried to explain something that was not being said in this form in my opinion)

PS: I guess no one got a warning for the death threats in this thread, did they?

06-13-2009, 11:54 AM
This is getting ridiculous.
yeah. kinda
i should take off the "bring bipolar bear back" since he's not coming back
i notice that every day more people get involved

Al Coholic
06-13-2009, 10:04 PM
Maria, you are insane, and I cannot take anything you say seriously for the reason that you are insane. What little you understand of what people say here is further clouded by your massive ego, that you get pissed off and lash out at anyone who does not massage said ego. Then you lapse into Dickensian nonsense when it is shown that you cannot push someone around with your ridiculousness.

Keep poking the tiger, people.

Baby I'll poke your tiger anyday.

Rawr?

ninthz
06-14-2009, 02:05 AM
dammit there isn't a formal consipracy there is like a sort of "you suck my dick I suck your dick" group of non-offspring fan people stemming from general chat and yeah they act like unfucked frustrated teenagers and yeah they're arrogant and think they are smart when in fact the majority of them are spoiled mindless clueless preppy assholes, but it isn't a big thing... but don't worry they aren't smart enough to conspire :)
ohsup?

Maria, dollface, please don't do stuff like this. Just seems totally unprovoked/blown out of proportion.

Everyone - ignorelist: utilize it. BBS Life is aight with the CJ/BB/BH crew on ignore. jpstoner and oxygene will never be on my ignorelist because they're the definition of lulcow. I don't like them at all as people and they're aware of this, as it's a mutual thing, but it doesn't mean I find it necessary to post with hostility in every thread they happen to be in. I mean, who cares about that angst shit?

For the record: Sarah is an excellent mod (jnem as well). Back during whatever the last big drama was they handled that shit smoothly. I can't remember the details of the ordeal because it was a long time ago and THE MEMORY ISN'T WHAT IT USED TO BE. But 1565 was like "Hey, sup, be cool." and I was like "That's a great idea." I mean, THAT'S MY DAWG.

As for the whole 1337 group thing this has to be understood: there is no set group and none of the so-called members even care. It's not like AA where there's a group people get together in and try to, well, whatever it is those dudes try to do. I read their group once because I heard they were talking about me in it. Big deal. I hate teenagers anyway, so whatever.

But srsly, where is this thread trying to go at this point?

ps: I listened to old Offspring while writing this post. Session is really funny to me right now.

Oxygene
06-14-2009, 02:11 AM
ohsup?

Maria, dollface, please don't do stuff like this. Just seems totally unprovoked/blown out of proportion.

Everyone - ignorelist: utilize it. BBS Life is aight with the CJ/BB/BH crew on ignore. jpstoner and oxygene will never be on my ignorelist because they're the definition of lulcow. I don't like them at all as people and they're aware of this, as it's a mutual thing, but it doesn't mean I find it necessary to post with hostility in every thread they happen to be in. I mean, who cares about that angst shit?

For the record: Sarah is an excellent mod (jnem as well). Back during whatever the last big drama was they handled that shit smoothly. I can't remember the details of the ordeal because it was a long time ago and THE MEMORY ISN'T WHAT IT USED TO BE. But 1565 was like "Hey, sup, be cool." and I was like "That's a great idea." I mean, THAT'S MY DAWG.

As for the whole 1337 group thing this has to be understood: there is no set group and none of the so-called members even care. It's not like AA where there's a group people get together in and try to, well, whatever it is those dudes try to do. I read their group once because I heard they were talking about me in it. Big deal. I hate teenagers anyway, so whatever.

ps: I listened to old Offspring while writing this post. Session is really funny to me right now.

I wish you were funny when you are trying to be funny...

*yawn*

ninthz
06-14-2009, 02:46 AM
I wish you were funny when you are trying to be funny...

*yawn*
Oh hey sup, I never try to be funny at all. Don't be a dickbag when I just said it isn't necessary to be a dickbag.

Budzy
06-14-2009, 05:22 AM

Hmm, okay, I shall take out ONE, because you asked nicely.

findout5
06-14-2009, 06:19 AM
I want Bipolar Bear back!

Al Coholic
06-15-2009, 01:09 AM
ohsup?

Cmon man, you're better than this. We're supposed to just waltz in here and make a funny comment or two that's totally irrelevant. Like that Walden thing I did, that was really funny to me. Even if nobody else got it, and hey - one person did. Bonus.

Addressing this bullshit? I mean I agree with the jist of what you're saying but c'mon.

Also doing the same with the old shit. I'm real/cool like that. Dirty Magic has a great beat, but like all Offspring songs it gets repetative.

Beheaded
06-15-2009, 04:02 AM
Kindergarden.

findout5
06-15-2009, 04:12 AM
We need new elections!

Oxygene
06-15-2009, 04:48 AM
We need new elections!

what good would that do?

findout5
06-15-2009, 07:09 AM
what good would that do?

Simple, when people don't take their titles from granted, they have to "walk in a straight line"! I've seen mods abuse their power, and I 've seen them having 2 different "punishements" according to who infriges the rules (like when you insulted me and my mom, you should have been banned - at least on a temporary basis, but since you're such an asskisser you get away with stuff like that).
The way I see it, people who chose the current moderators years ago do not represent the boards current opinions. As such, there should be a new election every 2 years or something. There needs to be an evaluation of their "jobs".
I'm not saying that there aren't moderators I actually like (Tijs being my favourite). But there are a few that just don't do it for me and other users too!

Free?
06-15-2009, 07:27 AM
The thing is that there is no such person who can be liked by everyone and anyone. Most people are just fine with 1565, JN, Ragdoll and Tijs. Some aren't. You change moderators and there will be others who will argue about unappropriate choice of mods again.
So it wont do any good, taking in consideration how stressful discussions like this usually go.

RonWelty
06-15-2009, 07:34 AM
RONWELTY FOR MODERATOR 09

"YES, I CAN"

Send you donations by PM.

www.ronweltyformoderator09.com

Endorsed by Barack Obama and Larry King. Join RW's supporter list!!!

findout5
06-15-2009, 07:37 AM
The thing is that there is no such person who can be liked by everyone and anyone. Most people are just fine with 1565, JN, Ragdoll and Tijs. Some aren't. You change moderators and there will be others who will argue about unappropriate choice of mods again.
So it wont do any good, taking in consideration how stressful discussions like this usually go.

I get what you say...but what if people spoke by voting every 2 years?
If it works for democracy why wouldn't it work here?

Oh, and I could vote for RonWelty if/when the occasion happens!

Harleyquiiinn
06-15-2009, 07:39 AM
I'd vote for RonWelty cause he is THE fan. It's written under his name. :cool:

About electing the mod... I don't really have an opinion... I think that mod are meant to be hated by some users, the hard thing is to stay objective and calm even with these users I think, and that has little to do with how they are chosen...I also think that it is hard to stay a mod for too long though... after a while, you are just getting tired of doing/saying the same things over and over again...

Besides, when you are a mod, you have to set an example of good behavior so you can't always say what you want when you are angry at someone... Think about it, Mods are prisoners :D

RonWelty
06-15-2009, 07:43 AM
VOTE FOR ME and YOU'LL ----WIN--- a free signed exclusive tshirt by the Offspring. (or not)

THE FAN 09

Oxygene
06-15-2009, 07:44 AM
Simple, when people don't take their titles from granted, they have to "walk in a straight line"! I've seen mods abuse their power, and I 've seen them having 2 different "punishements" according to who infriges the rules (like when you insulted me and my mom, you should have been banned - at least on a temporary basis, but since you're such an asskisser you get away with stuff like that).
The way I see it, people who chose the current moderators years ago do not represent the boards current opinions. As such, there should be a new election every 2 years or something. There needs to be an evaluation of their "jobs".
I'm not saying that there aren't moderators I actually like (Tijs being my favourite). But there are a few that just don't do it for me and other users too!

I didn't insult your mother you waste of sperm.. the reason I didn't get a temp ban isn't because I made my bones back when you were still getting erections from the backstreet boys, but because I actually said nothing insulting.

Twat.

So I'm guessing you think you should get a temp ban now for calling me an asskisser? Make it voluntary show you mean it, and get the fuck out of here!

The reason I get away with stuff like that is because I don't cross the line.. so I don't actually get away with anything. I never initiate flames or call names.. I respond but never start it. That's why I don't get banned or warned you dickless lunatic.

This isn't a democracy for us anyway. It's a democracy for the band, and if they are fine with the moderators - as well they should be - they won't change it, and god bless them for it. It took a huge effort to make these boards semi reasonable and the last thing I want is the input of some mindless fruitcake fucking that up.

findout5
06-15-2009, 07:49 AM
I didn't insult your mother you waste of sperm.. the reason I didn't get a temp ban isn't because I made my bones back when you were still getting erections from the backstreet boys, but because I actually said nothing insulting.

Twat.

So I'm guessing you think you should get a temp ban now for calling me an asskisser? Make it voluntary show you mean it, and get the fuck out of here!

The reason I get away with stuff like that is because I don't cross the line.. so I don't actually get away with anything. I never initiate flames or call names.. I respond but never start it. That's why I don't get banned or warned you dickless lunatic.

This isn't a democracy for us anyway. It's a democracy for the band, and if they are fine with the moderators - as well they should be - they won't change it, and god bless them for it. It took a huge effort to make these boards semi reasonable and the last thing I want is the input of some mindless fruitcake fucking that up.

Well, you're like Britney alright...just did it again!
a) you're an asskisser, because you act like the band and the mods never ever did anything wrong! Yeah, right! There is this thing called constructive criticism, ya know?
b) you start insulting. You've done it to me and other fans! Let's see if the mods take action! I doubt it!

You not getting banned for this post is all the proof we need that that there should be elections!

Harleyquiiinn
06-15-2009, 07:51 AM
a free signed exclusive tshirt by the Offspring. (or not)THE FAN 09

Lol or at least one with a portrait of Dexter Holl... oups I meant Ron Welty that you drew with Crayolas ? :D

Oxygene
06-15-2009, 07:54 AM
Well, you're like Britney alright...just did it again!
a) you're an asskisser, because you act like the band and the mods never ever did anything wrong! Yeah, right! There is this thing called constructive criticism, ya know?

Yeah there is, you should try it one day, it feels good trust me. I don't critisize I act like the band and the mods never ever did anything wrong! You are so right! Hey is your perception is as good IRL as it is on the boards? How did the fact that I blamed the idiocy going on here on the mods bias in THIS FUCKING THREAD make it under your radar?

b) you start insulting. You've done it to me and other fans! Let's see if the mods take action! I doubt it!

Where? Quote, proof etc? Evidence.

You not getting banned for this post is all the proof we need that that there should be elections!

Why the FUCK would I get banned before you did? If you did maybe I should too, but you first since you started calling names first.

Rag Doll
06-15-2009, 08:03 AM
How about both of you leave each other alone?

Also, temp bans do *not* occur based on one incident alone. Just a little fyi, findout5...

Little_Miss_1565
06-15-2009, 08:29 AM
I'm pretty sure that if this many people are upset that we're not doing exactly what they want us to, we are probably doing a good job. We are not here to ban anyone who insults someone's mom. We really shouldn't have to ban anyone, because it's really not that hard to not get banned. Just don't be a dick and you'll be fine. It's really not that hard to get along with everyone.

Also, thanks Ninthzy.

Harleyquiiinn
06-15-2009, 08:37 AM
I'm pretty sure that if this many people are upset that we're not doing exactly what they want us to, we are probably doing a good job

You are definitely taking a shortcut here... I am too young here to say who i think is doing a good job or not, I don't even know the name of all the mods :D but saying that you are doing a good job just because some people are upset is just wrong...It implies, basically, that you won't even consider to listen to the critics. http://www.assas.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/jap.gif

Oxygene
06-15-2009, 08:45 AM
You are definitely taking a shortcut here... I am too young here to say who i think is doing a good job or not, I don't even know the name of all the mods :D but saying that you are doing a good job just because some people are upset is just wrong...It implies, basically, that you won't even consider to listen to the critics. http://www.assas.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/jap.gif

the operative word was "doing EXACTLY"..

Harleyquiiinn
06-15-2009, 08:50 AM
hmm, yes re(reading it, I may have understand it wrong. I wasn't sure if it was only about "hey he insulted my mother, please ban him" or about the entire discussion of this thread.

I'm still not sure...because I don't think that many people are upset with mods not doing exactly what they wanted...

Little_Miss_1565
06-15-2009, 08:56 AM
I was referring to "Hey he insulted my mother." And yes, there are that many people who want us to do only exactly what they want and bitch and moan endlessly if they don't get their way. Everyone has some bullshit sob story. "Wah he insulted my mother/country/dog/shoes, and no one is banning him." Everyone wants harsh punishment applied to the people they don't like and won't accept it when those same punishments are visited upon them. You would not believe the abusive PMs I get after warning some of the users who are complaining the hardest that the people they don't like don't get warned. I'm sorry if this sounds like I am totally fed up, but I am totally fed up with dealing with the same ridiculous stuff over and over and over again, as though it never happened before. I feel like I'm in Groundhog Day.

The fact of the matter is that the punitive system on the BBS is intentionally invisible, and I do not understand why people get upset that they don't see it.

findout5
06-15-2009, 08:58 AM
How about both of you leave each other alone?

Also, temp bans do *not* occur based on one incident alone. Just a little fyi, findout5...

Dear Rag Doll,
I hadn't noticed you as a moderator before, which is good, means that you are more the "ghostly" type who sees things more than comments them.

That said, here are some examples:
Oxygene lashing out at a fan: http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35388&page=66
He does it on a regular basis!

Oxygene lashing out at me for expressing an opinion: http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35388&page=76
and in this one you get to see lm1565 cover his ass pretty good ,instead of banning him! And you do get to see me talk things out before going down the same road!

I've said it before, I'll say it again: There is no exemption from the currents mods. If there is, here (and before) is the proof you need to ban him! (EDIT: GIVE HIM A WARNING) What are you waiting for?
I come here cos I like The Offspring first and foremost, and I also come here cos I like many people on this boards. I don't come here to get insulted!

KHWHD
06-15-2009, 09:02 AM
Seems to me that the only thing Oxy is doing is defending the band he loves and adores so much. Believe it or not, there's a lot of us on here that do that.

findout5
06-15-2009, 09:05 AM
I was referring to "Hey he insulted my mother." And yes, there are that many people who want us to do only exactly what they want and bitch and moan endlessly if they don't get their way. Everyone has some bullshit sob story. "Wah he insulted my mother/country/dog/shoes, and no one is banning him." Everyone wants harsh punishment applied to the people they don't like and won't accept it when those same punishments are visited upon them. You would not believe the abusive PMs I get after warning some of the users who are complaining the hardest that the people they don't like don't get warned. I'm sorry if this sounds like I am totally fed up, but I am totally fed up with dealing with the same ridiculous stuff over and over and over again, as though it never happened before. I feel like I'm in Groundhog Day.

The fact of the matter is that the punitive system on the BBS is intentionally invisible, and I do not understand why people get upset that they don't see it.

You know, me liking/disliking you and vice-versa has nothing to do with the issue. Are you exempt? Can you honestly say you apply the same measures equally?

I'm sorry to hear that you got raped and that BipolarBear mada a joke about it. Did he do it once or twice? Because, according to Rag Doll: "temp bans do *not* occur based on one incident alone..."

People want to know who gets banned for what for transparency/exemption issues. That is all.

And, the election idea on a regular basis is a pretty good one! If you think you do your job allright, you really shouldn't fear it.

findout5
06-15-2009, 09:07 AM
Seems to me that the only thing Oxy is doing is defending the band he loves and adores so much. Believe it or not, there's a lot of us on here that do that.

I defend them too, but there are limits as to how it's done. I don't go "Fuck off you this and that" because someone's opinion differs on mine (on band subjects at least).

Also, read the whole conversartion that goes on from that page on...that's where things get more stupid.

Little_Miss_1565
06-15-2009, 09:11 AM
Bipolar had already been permabanned once and allowed back on the condition that he not break the rules anymore. He'd managed to keep his behavior on an obnoxious level for about a year without crossing over to bannable. Then he crossed over to bannable. I don't get why this is so hard to understand.

And seriously, you praise Rag Doll for being "ghostly" but you want me to log everything I do?

I'm human but I try to apply the rules as fairly as I can. I have warned friends more than once -- Oxy included, Ninthz included, the list goes on. I think I warned ilovellamas once, too. The point is, you get three warnings and then temp bans and permabans begin. If you are dumb enough to break the rules three times, I have a hard time feeling sympathetic once the ban votes begin. The whole process is laid out pretty plainly in the rules and I wish people would read them before complaining.

findout5
06-15-2009, 09:22 AM
Transparency is what is required when shit hits the fence. That's why this thread got created, right?
Also it's good to understand the banning process! So maybe, you should warn some users as to what they do and ban only when it's deserved!

I do praise Rag Doll for at least not taking sides and acting (maybe pretending) as exempt.
Also, when you say the "Everyone has some bullshit sob story. "Wah he insulted my mother/country/dog/shoes, and no one is banning him." you make it sound like it's ok to do it! Would you like someone to talk about your mom? I'm sure you wouldn't.

JohnnyNemesis
06-15-2009, 09:40 AM
If this thread it just going to be some stupid session of tattle-telling, the real solution here is for all of you to grow the fuck up, that's that.

And people who've been here for like 2 months suggesting what would improve the BBS and solve it's problems is laughable. Play in traffic.

findout5
06-15-2009, 09:43 AM
I lashed out you for joining the choir with some fuck face who was calling me names like cunt whore and shit. I'm sorry, but if you join a bar fight, don't cry when you catch a punch or two.

Answer: LIAR! You called me a turd. I din't reply! You kept at it and then insulted my mom. It's there for whoever wants to see it!

You could've distanced yourself from that douche bag, but you said the same exact shit as he did, and if someone is agreeing openly with someone who is lashing out at me with insults, then it's only fair for me to be able to defend myself.

As for your mother:
You said something you have a right to do, but is wrong for you to do
I said something you have a right to do but is wrong for you to do

Again: if you can't handle the ramifications of what you CHOOSE to do, then choose to not do them.

I'm sorry I did absolutely nothing other then call you out for being an idiot who thinks his job is to decide what's punk for the rest of us.

You do realize I actually went ahead and asked them why the fuck the set was so short? But I can get shit through my thick skull and not end up getting on a soap box and preaching to the plebs what punk rock is and what isn't.

Btw: thanks for showing that thread you got owned so hard, it's quite funny. Read it again.. it's insane :D

MODS: You either give him a warning and PM me, or I'll start replying! It's YOUR CHOICE. But don't come giving me warnings later on! See you in 24h.

Harleyquiiinn
06-15-2009, 09:43 AM
If this thread it just going to be some stupid session of tattle-telling, the real solution here is for all of you to grow the fuck up, that's that.

And people who've been here for like 2 months suggesting what would improve the BBS and solve it's problems is laughable. Play in traffic.

People here for 2 months are just suggesting things and can be as good observers as the ones here for 2 years. I don't think I insulted or offended anyone. If you think things are going great on that board, you are blind. It doesn't need 1000 posts to realize that.

findout5
06-15-2009, 09:45 AM
People here for 2 months are just suggesting things and can be as good observers as the ones here for 2 years. I don't think I insulted or offended anyone. If you think things are going great on that board, you are blind. It doesn't need 1000 posts to realize that.

Quoted for truth.

JohnnyNemesis
06-15-2009, 09:45 AM
MODS: You either give him a warning and PM me, or I'll start replying! It's YOUR CHOICE. But don't come giving me warnings later on! See you in 24h.

Read:

Also: don't threaten moderators, and don't threaten other users. It makes you look really fucking pathetic.

We will confer and decide whether warnings and PM will/should go out or not. In the mean time, if it bothers you that much, just ignore him and stop crying.

Rag Doll
06-15-2009, 09:50 AM
Transparency is what is required when shit hits the fence. That's why this thread got created, right?
Also it's good to understand the banning process! So maybe, you should warn some users as to what they do and ban only when it's deserved!

People are warned, via PM if possible, otherwise in email or on the public board, when they do something to earn them a warning. When they get to three warnings, they are up for a ban vote. The length of the ban is as we see fit for the infractions. It is only as deserved and permabans are only for serious and/or constant offenses. This has been posted repeatedly on this board.

And honestly, don't "threaten" to start replying. Your best bet is to report a post, ignore it, and we will deal with it as per the rules.

Oxygene
06-15-2009, 09:52 AM
I'll save you guys the heart-ache..

I'll put the undeveloped dude on ignore, so I won't even feel tempted to tear him another asshole.

Rooster
06-15-2009, 10:05 AM
After reading this thread a bit, i noticed the complaints about oxygene insulting findout5's mother, and that he should be banned for it.

Guess what? In this case findout5 should be banned too. Evidence:

http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1681&page=17

Yep, he insulted a few mothers there. Not that i give a fuck, but it just seems a bit ironical and hypocritical. See, findout5? I can findz teh evidence too!

Stop bitching. seriously. If this board's rules work for so many users and if so many users don't have problems with mods, then just STOP WHINING. The rules aren't that strict. Some of us just understand them, and we don't just start all these "omfgz moddz are unf41r lolfgz i arr so punx rebelz for starting this" threads/arguments/flame wars. Really, it's not that hard.

And there isn't a conspiracy against new members - a year ago i was a new member too, and didn't have any problems at all here. So as many others.

findout5
06-15-2009, 10:08 AM
After reading this thread a bit, i noticed the complaints about oxygene insulting findout5's mother, and that he should be banned for it.

Yep, he insulted a few mothers there. Not that i give a fuck, but it just seems a bit ironical and hypocritical. See, findout5? I can findz teh evidence too!

Stop bitching. seriously. If this board's rules work for so many users and if so many users don't have problems with mods, then just STOP WHINING. The rules aren't that strict. Some of us just understand them, and we don't just start all these "omfgz moddz are unf41r lolfgz i arr so punx rebelz for starting this" threads/arguments/flame wars. Really, it's not that hard.

And there isn't a conspiracy against new members - a year ago i was a new member too, and didn't have any problems at all here. So as many others.

That was outside The Offspring's realm! And Iron Maiden does suck! Spandex dude...spandex!

Thomas
06-15-2009, 10:10 AM
That was outside The Offspring's realm! And Iron Maiden does suck! Spandex dude...spandex!

Why does it matter which part of the forums the posts in question took place in? The rules are exactly same throughout the entire BBS.

findout5
Also, I didn't threaten the moderators. Learn to read and interpret. I don't want to get a warning if I respond the same way as someone who acts like that guy does - cause I doubt that he will.

Oxygene

HEHEHEHEHE this is serious lol.. heeh dude you are AWESOME :)

Correction: You mom is a troll! I'm just the dude that fucked that troll :rolleyes:

hehehehe hahahahahah ehhehehehe wouldn't it be irnoic if he got a warning for saying he fucked someones mom, by drawing attention to it while complaining about people talking about his mom... ehhehehe hhhehehehe
this is too good.. heheheheh =)

ROFL serious IRL LOL :)

findout5
06-15-2009, 10:12 AM
Why does it matter which part of the forums the posts in question took place in? The rules are exactly same throughout the entire BBS.

There's a difference between insulting and playing!
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1681&page=15
On the same Maiden vs Metallica talk!

findout5
06-15-2009, 10:15 AM
HEHEHEHEHE this is serious lol.. heeh dude you are AWESOME :)

hehehehe hahahahahah ehhehehehe wouldn't it be irnoic if he got a warning for saying he fucked someones mom, by drawing attention to it while complaining about people talking about his mom... ehhehehe hhhehehehe
this is too good.. heheheheh =)

ROFL serious IRL LOL :)

I waited for 3 posts until I responded in the same way. You polute the boards. If the mods had given you a warning, I wouldn't have had to respond.

Rooster
06-15-2009, 10:30 AM
i'm sure i can findout at least 5 more evidences why all your arguments fall into water...

But i'm too lazy to do that, it's so fucking hot in my room right now that i'm almost too lazy to even breathe.

Little_Miss_1565
06-15-2009, 10:37 AM

Which is EXACTLY WHAT WE DO. OH MY GOD.

I do praise Rag Doll for at least not taking sides and acting (maybe pretending) as exempt.
Also, when you say the "Everyone has some bullshit sob story. "Wah he insulted my mother/country/dog/shoes, and no one is banning him." you make it sound like it's ok to do it! Would you like someone to talk about your mom? I'm sure you wouldn't.

No, I wouldn't, but I would forward it to the moderators and let them take care of it, or not take care of if it turns out I was overreacting to something minor. We are not here to make sure no one's feelings get hurt, because we cannot do that. It would be an impossible task. All we can do is try to keep the peace and prevent all-out flame wars if someone has ridiculously thin skin. It's the internet, people. People say stupid shit under the guise of anonymity. So try to have some perspective. If it's something general like "your mother is a whore," that's the sort of thing anyone could fling at anyone. If someone starts flinging threats or personal shit, that is another issue.

That would help.

Findout, when we give someone a warning you don't see it. We do not PM the wronged party to let them know what action we've taken. If you want to know if we have or not after you've forwarded something on to us, you can ask us via PM.

Harley, I think the frustration comes from the fact that new users do not have the history that some other users do and there are issues that are continually brought up as though they are brand new, and it gets really tiresome explaining the whole process over and over again.

I'll save you guys the heart-ache..

I'll put the undeveloped dude on ignore, so I won't even feel tempted to tear him another asshole.

Please do, because you are not helping at all. I've talked to you about this before.

ninthz
06-15-2009, 10:49 AM
Guys, srsly, the mods aren't here for your own personal edification. I won't bring myself to even begin to comprehend why users get so dickhurt over other users' ability to continue posting. White board we didn't have any moderation at all, so for all the users that require their hands to be held at every single moment when something makes them feel less than elated I'm just going to go ahead and repeat jnem's pronouncement: play in traffic. And by that I mean no srsly, do it.

Al: I know I'm the board villain or whatever, but it isn't necessary for me to adhere strictly to that formula. As long as I stay impervious I stay ninthhzhzhzhzhzhzhzhzhzzhzhzhzhzhzhzz.

1565: Hi.

06-15-2009, 11:18 AM
this thread has been changing missions constantly
i don't even know what the fuck it's supposed to be about.
1st- it was about complaining about mods
2nd- it was about freeing bighead and bipolar
3rd- it was about replacing mods
now- it is about snitching and banning people for yo mama insults
if you wanna get back at the person who insulted your mom just watch yo mama on MTV and use some of the jokes there

can someone get the objective clear so someone can come up with solutions

off-topic: THA LAKERS WON THE FINALS!!!!!!!!