PDA

View Full Version : we want Pete Parada to be the drummer on the recording sessions for the new album

Greekoldfan
06-11-2009, 10:30 AM
I believe that Pete Parada is the most skillful and solid drummer Offspring ever had. He plays like he was always in the band and he should be the drummer of the new album.Do you agree with me?

http://web.mac.com/peteparada/Site/Recordings/Recordings.html

SpLinteR
06-11-2009, 10:44 AM
I agree!
I'm a huge fan of Pete, great musician and great guy.

Lord_Gabo
06-11-2009, 11:14 AM
good point!

zsk
06-11-2009, 11:25 AM
of course he'll record!!!
what do you think???
Come on he's the drummer of the band!

OffspringPsycho
06-11-2009, 12:38 PM
We want Josh Freese!!!!!

Blitzkrieg Bop
06-11-2009, 12:43 PM
of course he'll record!!!
what do you think???
Come on he's the drummer of the band!

This is not necessarily the case, Atom was the bands drummer but couldn't record with them because of contractual obligations

Greekoldfan
06-11-2009, 12:53 PM
we hope he will!!josh is a super cool guy and drummer too,but pete has something...

wrc307
06-11-2009, 01:29 PM
pete it's a very accuarate drummer, so I support you

Thomas
06-11-2009, 01:33 PM
This is not necessarily the case, Atom was the bands drummer but couldn't record with them because of contractual obligations

You sure? I thought he left the band, or was leaving the band, just as the recording was getting started on the new album. They must have known that he wouldn't be able to be part of the band for the full recording of the album, so they got Josh Freese. I can't imagine Atom not being allowed to record with them if he was part of the band...

Greekoldfan
06-11-2009, 01:38 PM
the band recorded a new version of dirty magic with atom but unfortunately it was never released

Blitzkrieg Bop
06-11-2009, 01:55 PM
You sure? I thought he left the band, or was leaving the band, just as the recording was getting started on the new album. They must have known that he wouldn't be able to be part of the band for the full recording of the album, so they got Josh Freese. I can't imagine Atom not being allowed to record with them if he was part of the band...

I think Offspring just took to long time because they had to find a new drummer, went through shit with Geffen Records over their old drummer (Atom's contract with Geffen prevented him fron recording with the Offspring) and the fact that they wanted to make a really good record, which they succeeded.

I knew that I read it somewhere

Other source : http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4364914/The_Offspring_-_Rise_and_Fall_Rage_and_Grace_(2008)

Jojan
06-11-2009, 01:58 PM
We? Fuck off.

bouncingcoles
06-11-2009, 02:03 PM
he will probably leave for bigger and better things like atom did. why would he play in a band that is past their peak and only has one sole song writer.

Harleyquiiinn
06-11-2009, 02:34 PM
he will probably leave for bigger and better things like atom did. why would he play in a band that is past their peak and only has one sole song writer.

Woah... you're taking all my hope in the world away from me... I actually thought that some people did things just because they liked it sometimes... :(

But then my ambition level has always been on zero...

Maybe Offspring has passed their peak but you don't judge a band on how much record they sell (especially these days) or how many tickets. If it is the way you are listening to music, well, I am sorry for your ears.

jacknife737
06-11-2009, 03:52 PM

Dude, why are you even posting here anymore?

IamSam
06-11-2009, 03:59 PM
Dude, why are you even posting here anymore?

To harsh the mellow.

Alex101
06-11-2009, 04:09 PM
Yeah, it'd be awesome if Pete does record the new album.

Alison
06-11-2009, 04:48 PM
I wish they'd just get a permanent drummer!
If only Ron hadn't left :( Still, it'd be cool if they held on to Pete, but I guess, it's hard to keep on to a drummer who wasnt the original.

chicapowerpunk
06-11-2009, 04:56 PM
I believe that Pete Parada is the most skillful and solid drummer Offspring ever had. He plays like he was always in the band and he should be the drummer of the new album.Do you agree with me?

http://web.mac.com/peteparada/Site/Recordings/Recordings.html

YeSsssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love you Pete Parada!!!!!!!!!!!!! :);)

icklebabygremlin
06-11-2009, 05:04 PM
i still is Atom

randman21
06-11-2009, 05:44 PM
Yeah, this is my problem with that theory. I think pretty much every contract says that you can have a side project as long as it doesn't interfere with this one. But thinking about it, I imagine that recording an album would put a pretty big damper on your ability to tour.

I want Pete, too! As has been stated, he is my favorite Offspring drummer.

Outerspaceman21
06-11-2009, 08:37 PM
Ditto. Pete rocks. I never liked Atom, but thats because I was still sore about Ron leaving. We all have move on, it seems.

Harleyquiiinn
06-12-2009, 12:42 AM
Yeah, this is my problem with that theory. I think pretty much every contract says that you can have a side project as long as it doesn't interfere with this one. But thinking about it, I imagine that recording an album would put a pretty big damper on your ability to tour.

I want Pete, too! As has been stated, he is my favorite Offspring drummer.

I confirm that one.

I worked a for a record company for a while and I was always amazed by the number of restrictions the artists have :eek: And noway for them to refuse or even to negociate. And now that most of "indie" labels belong to a major, it is the same for every artist. That sucks. Most of the artists have a "sell your soul" clause like "whatever you do or write, if it is music and you intend to make people listen to it, it belongs to us." I exagerate a little bit but it's the spirit.... :rolleyes:

sneedo83
06-12-2009, 01:40 AM
I'd rather it be Freese, or better yet Ty Smith!

Grimesy da Offspringfan
06-12-2009, 04:27 AM

yeah, Angels & Airways as a "bigger and better thing"...sure...

And why wouldn't be Pete who records drums?

Outerspaceman21
06-12-2009, 07:59 AM
yeah, Angels & Airways as a "bigger and better thing"...sure...

And why wouldn't be Pete who records drums?

I was wondering that myself. I guess because they've made two album with a session drummer.

dff_punk
06-12-2009, 08:04 AM
You know, Pete Parada recorded the drums for the acoustic version of Dirty Magic!

Little_Miss_1565
06-12-2009, 08:05 AM
We? Fuck off.

Truth.

Dude, I'm sorry someone pisses in your Cheerios every morning, but it's not really fair to take that out on everyone else around you. And if you have such an axe to grind against the band, why are you even here?

To harsh the mellow.

Oh, rite. LOL.

RonWelty
06-12-2009, 08:22 AM
Ditto. Pete rocks. I never liked Atom, but thats because I was still sore about Ron leaving. We all have move on, it seems.

NO NO NO ! Pete is an amazing drummer and person but I want the classic formation back.

findout5
06-12-2009, 08:32 AM
I'm really glad Josh Freese does drums on the studio...it just doesn't get any better!

hshduppsnt
06-12-2009, 09:20 AM
Josh is a pretty awesome drummer but it would be cool to have Pete do the recordings and stick with the band, I like him quite a bit