PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Fees In Sports....crazy

offspringer24
06-11-2009, 12:56 PM
£80 million to be spent by spanish football team real madrid for christiano ronald from manchester utd.

just wondered what american football, hockey, basketball, baseball etc transfer fees are like? and wages too, football players are starting to break the £200,000 per week barrier :eek:

icklebabygremlin
06-11-2009, 05:07 PM
im really going to miss ronald being a utd fan. but i wouldnt say no to £80million and ronald is on £11million a year at real madrid

Offspring-Junkie
06-12-2009, 02:31 AM
Well I'd say that's SICK!!!

KyleW
06-12-2009, 05:21 AM
This thread made me want McDonalds

findout5
06-12-2009, 06:46 AM
It's written like this: Cristiano.
And he sucks ass.

nameless
06-12-2009, 03:37 PM
theres so much money in sports yet a major cable tv channel is about to enter administration. major sports are just becoming business opportunities, they really need to sort things out!

offspringer24
06-13-2009, 02:03 AM
Now isn't that funny, all my (male, need I say) colleagues were fighting each other about Ronaldo's first name. Not Cristiano though, the other Ronaldo, I think (if I gathered right, which is not that likely) his first name is Louis. Although it may be written differently, like Luis, perhaps? I'm not too sure.

Anyway, yes, they're off their rockers paying such fees. It's a disgrace, when you think of the amount of work put in by... gymnasts, dancers, and others. Football players can be fuck-ugly, too. Wow, he scored a goalie, woo-hoo! Big fucking deal. Worth millions? Get real. It ain't.

hehe not a big football fan then? i think to a certain extent they should get paid alot as they entertain across the world like actors/bands etc

but the money involved is wayyyy over the top :)

nameless
06-14-2009, 03:36 PM
The main issue is that it's out of proportion to their talent, for most. Downright indecent, sometimes. I'm aware that glory is not sufficient pay for any of us, but really...

Plus, I'm none too pleased about the outrageous incomes raked in by some actors, too. :/

you also have to take into consideration image rights, sponsorship, merchandising etc. thats involved with events. some sports are bigger than others around the world which is why the money involves varies!

ZeQuebecois
06-14-2009, 07:46 PM
With the money Real Madrid spent for both Kąką and Ronaldo they could have afforded Newcastle :rolleyes:
As long as we pay hundreds for tickets and jerseys, salaries will keep growing.

zsk
06-15-2009, 06:44 AM
hmm it's realy hard for teams without a lot of money to stay at the first german dvision.... so i'm happy that frankfurt got a little money....
not as much as the "big" teams but they got enough and they'll buy good players(Maik Franz,is already one of us :D )

Andy
06-17-2009, 01:12 PM
It is completely ridiculous having one player costing more than an entire club, but as a fan of a team who will never spend a great deal of money (Villa's transfer record is £12.5m for James Milner) I like the utter insanity of clubs like Real Madrid this year, Man City last year and Chelsea four years ago buying sickeningly good players for sickeningly huge sums of money. That, and it makes for an amazing game on Football Manager when it comes out next.

Oh and Maria: Ronaldo Luiz Nazįrio de Lima (as far as I'm aware, Luiz is pronounced a bit like 'Louise' is in English... But I could be quite wrong. And Probably am)

nameless
06-17-2009, 03:44 PM
if they have the money to spend then its up to them, they are taking a huge gamble though!

the_offsprings_monkey
06-18-2009, 04:55 AM
That, and it makes for an amazing game on Football Manager when it comes out next.

Football Manager > Championship Manager.

RageAndLov
06-18-2009, 05:12 AM

+1 CM sucks

Andy
06-19-2009, 01:18 PM

You are so very correct