PDA

View Full Version : Idea for Dexter

jpstoner
06-13-2009, 09:36 AM
deleted per request

KHWHD
06-13-2009, 09:51 AM
I was trying to help by letting anyone know, who might care, that this place is very unfriendly, and the people here, and the mods here, are turning off people. These, new memebers are fans of the band, and they might have become bigger fans, but not based on this web site, and that costs Dexter money. It is all an FYI.

I've been a fan for 11 years and have been a member here now for a year. Yeah some people are assholes, but you learn to ignore them (and get warnings like I have.) Just because some people are douchebags doesn't make me any less of a fan. I should hope that others feel the same way too. This BBS has no reflect on my feelings/love for The Offspring.

Oxygene
06-13-2009, 09:52 AM
this thread is worthless

Thomas
06-13-2009, 09:54 AM
New members, if they are of high quality, are extremely welcomed here. Take Al Coholic, for example. He wasn't necessarily the nicest guy, but I started noticing the quality of his posts when he was still in the double digits in his post count. The same goes for when IamSam first started posting. With the amount of trolls and quasi-spammers on this here BBS, quality members are ALWAYS treated like kings here because it seems like the ratio of good members to not-as-good members is a bit too small than most would prefer. If new members don't care to bring something positive to this place, then they simply won't get anything positive out of it. That isn't just true for this board, but really for life in general. You get what you give, ya know?

Also, I think it needs to be said that there are also users around here who have been around for YEARS who still don't quite get along with everybody. I really can't stress enough how much people around here DON'T care about post-counts when they read posts. They read the content and if the content of the post is good, then it will receive positive response, whether they have ten posts or ten thousand posts.

Oxygene
06-13-2009, 09:57 AM
quality members are ALWAYS treated like kings here

Yeah I've always felt treated like a king.. more like a burger king mascot but whatever.

Thomas
06-13-2009, 10:10 AM
Yeah I've always felt treated like a king.. more like a burger king mascot but whatever.

Well, if that's the case, I could really go for a Tendercrisp right about now...

:p

Oxygene
06-13-2009, 10:13 AM
Well, if that's the case, I could really go for a Tendercrisp right about now...

:p

I said mascot.. and I could do with a Big King, but they dont have that here.. fuckers.

Although I'd really really really want to go to an in n out.. fuck.

Thomas
06-13-2009, 10:22 AM
I think in general, with the exception of a few members, this place is quite welcoming of new members. I really don't understand what it is you are complaining about. All I've noticed is that you have a slight tendency to overreact to really really small things, even if they weren't intended to be hurtful in any way.

Basically, it's really not as bad as you say it is. The band really supports what goes on in this BBS, as has been proven on multiple occasions, and although it's not perfect, it is still one of the best message boards out there with a sense of community I've yet to see anywhere else.

I said mascot.. and I could do with a Big King, but they dont have that here.. fuckers.

Although I'd really really really want to go to an in n out.. fuck.

haha, well, I'll be sure to go to In n Out today in your honor. ;)

randman21
06-13-2009, 10:26 AM
By the way, JP, just because you deleted the posts where you completely flew off the handle at someone for absolutely no reason at all, it doesn't mean it didn't happen. I saw them. I get your beef with some of the "rude" people here, but you've done it, too.

Oxygene
06-13-2009, 10:28 AM
I think in general, with the exception of a few members, this place is quite welcoming of new members. I really don't understand what it is you are complaining about. All I've noticed is that you have a slight tendency to overreact to really really small things, even if they weren't intended to be hurtful in any way.

Yeah, if you fall in line, with the "I jack you off you jack me off no matter what ok?" rutine.. should you not agree with something, you're in for a big surprise.

Basically, it's really not as bad as you say it is. The band really supports what goes on in this BBS, as has been proven on multiple occasions, and although it's not perfect, it is still one of the best message boards out there with a sense of community I've yet to see anywhere else.

Well there are two separate things:
They support the mods and like them and appreciate their work, and they do do good.. that's true

I think that the reason they don't come here is because of all this mindless negativity, and bitching, moaning and shit.. it just drags you down. And THAT isn't 1337 specific, although they are huge offenders in that area, but this topic is a part of that as well...

Ihaha, well, I'll be sure to go to In n Out today in your honor. ;)

I'll have two double doubles and fries animal style :P

I'd literally pay $100 for some in n out right now :)

Oxygene
06-13-2009, 10:30 AM
The main idea is, if the arrogant ,rude members here thought that maybe someone, anyone, could be Dexter, MAYBE...JUST MAYBE, they might have some manners, versus treating every new member very rudely.

If you owned this place, would you test it? Why wouldnt you?

I would think that the objective of this website would be to attract AND KEEP Offspring fans.
As it is, I dont think this place achieves that objective.

It is just an idea, if he is too busy to care, then why pay the money to maintain this hateful place?

PS
I wonder, would the idea of this place going away, overnight, concern any of you? Would the threat of shutting it down cause people to be cival, polite and have some manners? versus...a constant stream of comments like "THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS!! quote courtesy of oxydouche.

Dude this thread is a part of the problem.. I know your intention with it is to clear that problem up and talk about it out in the open, but this is NOT THE WAY TO DO IT you make it worse.

This is fuel for the fire, can you comprehend that?

jacknife737
06-13-2009, 10:46 AM
Dude, i 've never really had an issue with you before, but christ, please stop fucking whining.

People aren't nice to you because you are a "new member", it's because they most likely find you annoying. And making threads like this, really isn't helping the situation.

Instead of making these stupid threads, just ignore the users that are hostile towards you, we do have this very handy "ignore list" function.

disclaimer_07
06-13-2009, 11:00 AM
I've been a fan for 11 years and have been a member here now for a year. Yeah some people are assholes, but you learn to ignore them (and get warnings like I have.) Just because some people are douchebags doesn't make me any less of a fan. I should hope that others feel the same way too. This BBS has no reflect on my feelings/love for The Offspring.

I have to say I agree. I'm a fan of the band, not their forums. But of course all this constant flaming shit going on here may keep me from coming back and it certainly would be a better place if everyone played nice. And yeah, it's not that hard to get along with others if you really want to try.

Little_Miss_1565
06-13-2009, 11:19 AM
Amen, disclaimer.

the_real_potomek
06-13-2009, 11:38 AM
I wouldn't say this boards are unfriendly for new users. I'm an active member for 9months and I haven't experienced anything unpleasant during that time.
Generally, I think if you're nice for other people, they'll be nice for you, not only on forums.

IamSam
06-13-2009, 12:08 PM
I meant Dexters might come in here and try out posting as a new person. Act like he is a new member here, and juts act like he is excited to be here, only a fan of the band, sharing thoughts. It is his website, but sometimes we can not see the forest, because of the trees. We can get too close, and lose our perspective. Dexter might try to post some comments, and see how it feels to be treated like shit here. You people treat new members like shit, and that costs the band money.

But hey, you fuckers understand that. You assholes know what is going on, and if you like that, have at it. Paybacks are hell, and karma is a bitch, so expect what you deserve. Sooner of later, you will come into into a small town, or a "small situation" which will have bullys and a sheriff who backs them, and ...... have fun with that.

I have only stated what I saw/felt here, and I wondered if it was known. I post on many internet boards, and most DO NOT operate like this one, but most have mods that have an objective to keep people happy. The mods want to grow the board, versus exclude any new thoughts, by driving new members away. Most of new people here probably dont spend the time I did, but I found the sheer mean spirtedness of this place interesting, for a while.

I was trying to help by letting anyone know, who might care, that this place is very unfriendly, and the people here, and the mods here, are turning off people. These, new memebers are fans of the band, and they might have become bigger fans, but not based on this web site, and that costs Dexter money. It is all an FYI.

It is clear that you are alll quite sure that I am wrong, and mainly you want to moot points, and deny the 1337 etc, etc, ...oh well....hope you are happy in your misery.

So let me get this straight. You want Dexter, a multimillionaire lead singer of a band that is currently on tour, to sign up as a new user and inhabit this place like the many sleep deprived, crazed fans that stalk him so he can have the same experience as you? I have news for you:

He won't have the same experience as you. You assume that Dexter will be just like you, but he is not. He is a 40 year old man that is incredibly intelligent and has better people/communication skills as you do.

You have been here a minimal amount of time and have dedicated you posting to trying to right the wrongs done to you by one person. Isn't that a little silly? If you are here for the band then be here for the band and post in General Offspring Discussion. If you are here to interact with everyone then interact with everyone, don't set yourself down a course that is only going to lead to you being an outcast from the board, which is the road you are currently going down.

Ryder1234
06-13-2009, 12:50 PM
We were all new members here at some point, it's not like we couldn't survive. We're all still here, aren't we? Learn to deal with it, it was a lot worse a few years ago (maybe not lately but in general). Should be a lot easier now.

Ryder1234
06-13-2009, 01:01 PM
It's cyberspace, but it's still real people talking. It's not like in real life if things got out of hand they'd just delete us. It doesn't work that way, and this BBS isn't going to be deleted because of this.

holland25
06-13-2009, 01:48 PM
can he call himself "Carlita" and post a picture of himself in a miniskirt?

Thanks in advance.

Oh crap... OH CRAP.

Al Coholic
06-13-2009, 09:11 PM
I'm actually Greg (I play the bass in the band incase you didn't know). I made this account because I was tired of being in Dexter's shadow. I mean, why not have a thread called "Idea for Greg"? What's he got that I don't? People like this JPstoner asshole make me sick. Always Dexter this and Dexter that. I'm just as much a part of the band dammit.

Oxygene
06-14-2009, 12:54 AM
sorry Al, errr... I mean Greg, but you will just have to deal with it,
maybe try to contact the 1337, and see what they can do about this.

hehhehehehe.... jk Al K, keep on keeping on, you are doing fine: ),
and remember, bass is very important to the band.

PS
Fender thanks you again.

Dude you are crazy... a little humility please

Thomas
06-14-2009, 03:21 AM
What on earth is going on around here?