PDA

View Full Version : Pretty fly for a white guy self realization.

prettyflyfor1985
06-13-2009, 05:44 PM
first this is going to be personal so if you don't get it I don't care.

I thought pretty fly for a white guy was a cool song back in the day when it was on MTV and me and my friends were all skaters and I'm 23 so do the math that's when it was. We thought anything was possible and we could do anything because we were told that.

Now I'm just another fucking person stuck in this bar scene.

All the girls just want fucking money and its like I'm not good enough for a girl my own age? So I gotta date ladies in their 40s are you fucking kidding me?

You wake up exercise all the time trying to get good nutrition to overcome some of the genetic shit and its never enough.

School papers arn't graded on word use spelling and punctuation but fucking a teachers opinion who's biased based off there own personality religion sex and everything else. I woke up in a box tried to explode out of it and was hit back ten times harder.

And all the coolest richest popular people
are super athletes and its like your just another loser wannabe who can't even love yourself who's family drives you crazy especially your blonde short sister who's fucking insane.

And you like still want to do hints like these people who are your idols because you strive to do something that; one shouldn't matter and two is not physically/ genetically possible to do and you still
want to wear bandanas backwords hats and listen to ice ice baby and lil Wayne. And on the flip side your a huge metal fan long haired and can't get enough metaocalypse. And the club scene is still like pretty fly
for a white guy. And that's why you play guitar and your so depressed.

That or other people make you feel ugly repulsive and your always alone and you hate this white guy shit.

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
06-13-2009, 06:11 PM
what the hell are you trying to say

prettyflyfor1985
06-13-2009, 06:21 PM
I thought if anyone could understand it would be an offspring fan. Its kind of a response to a bunch off offspring songs. Chances blow, alone, pretty fly. No one can understand me.

06-13-2009, 06:24 PM
i think i get it

prettyflyfor1985
06-13-2009, 06:24 PM
I feel sad and defeated and alone.

Free?
06-13-2009, 06:30 PM
Tomorrow you probably will have the worst hangover ever.

06-13-2009, 06:53 PM
I feel sad and defeated and alone.

Let's Hear It For Rock Bottom

SuperKnux
06-13-2009, 07:54 PM

I thought pretty fly for a white guy was a cool song back in the day when it was on MTV and me and my friends were all skaters and I'm 23 so do the math that's when it was. We thought anything was possible and we could do anything because we were told that.

All the girls just want fucking money and its like I'm not good enough for a girl my own age? So I gotta date ladies in their 40s are you fucking kidding me?

You wake up exercise all the time trying to get good nutrition to overcome some of the genetic shit and its never enough.

School papers arn't graded on word use spelling and punctuation but fucking a teachers opinion who's biased based off there own personality religion sex and everything else. I woke up in a box tried to explode out of it and was hit back ten times harder.

are super athletes and its like your just another loser wannabe who can't even love yourself who's family drives you crazy especially your blonde short sister who's fucking insane.

And you like still want to do hints like these people who are your idols because you strive to do something that; one shouldn't matter and two is not physically/ genetically possible to do and you still
want to wear bandanas backwords hats and listen to ice ice baby and lil Wayne. And on the flip side your a huge metal fan long haired and can't get enough metaocalypse. And the club scene is still like pretty fly

That or other people make you feel ugly repulsive and your always alone and you hate this white guy shit.

I understand what you're trying to say, man. I'm also 23 and born in 85 (duh!), and while I don't feel that way; I can say that I have felt that way before in my life.

I'm not one for giving advice on internet forums, but I can say that just try to change your own situation. Yes, the world sucks. Yes, the system is still lame. Yes, nothing really has changed and Yes, nothing is ever going to change. So just try to live your own way on your own terms. Take one day at a time, and all that jazz.

The bar scene is lame. I hardly go, and when I do I don't go with the intention of meeting somebody or taking a girl back to my apartment (like so many of my peers). To me that shit is dead and done. I'm happy that I am not the same guy I was in my teens. I have a good time with the few friends that I have and I am just fine with that.

I think you'll be okay if you just stop trying to live up to some kind of idea of what others think about you and just live for yourself.

B-Rad
06-14-2009, 01:15 AM

Wow, that just about describes me perfectly, even the insane sister.
And I feel the same way, at least sometimes. I try not to dwell on things like that. We all know human nature is worse than words can paint, just be proud that youre trying to stay above it.
I also like the thought about waking up in a box. Did you make that up?

Anyway, Jus hang in there, everyone needs to let off steam now n then.

By the way its "Chances Thrown" :P

ad8
06-14-2009, 01:31 AM
You pointed it out pretty well. Beauty, popularity and money seem to be the most important things in life according to the media and they define you. You should just try to forget these images and start to live a happier life. On the other hand you have to look how much (beauty/wealth) you expect from other people and realise that you should be able to offer things that you demand from others.

Thomas
06-14-2009, 04:25 AM
I generally agree.

Blitzkrieg Bop
06-14-2009, 01:23 PM
I think you'll be okay if you just stop trying to live up to some kind of idea of what others think about you and just live for yourself.

Quoted as the truth ... Inner peace can only be found within and when you discover this, it will all be worthwhile.