PDA

View Full Version : Missing Radio Songs

Shullski
06-15-2009, 04:48 PM
After listening to the Offspring radio part of the sight all the way through countless times, I've noticed 2 songs that aren't on there. Defy you and Smash.

There might be more but this is all I've noticed. Any reason why they're missing and are there any more songs I havent noticed that aren't on there?

RODNEYMULLEN
06-15-2009, 04:59 PM
After listening to the Offspring radio part of the sight all the way through countless times, I've noticed 2 songs that aren't on there. Defy you and Smash.

There might be more but this is all I've noticed. Any reason why they're missing and are there any more songs I havent noticed that aren't on there?

buy the cds, the music on the site is really low quality anyway.

Shullski
06-15-2009, 05:01 PM
buy the cds, the music on the site is really low quality anyway.I have the cds, but thats not the point of the post.Plus it is lots easier to just let it shuffle through on its own.

randman21
06-15-2009, 05:15 PM
Are you sure Smash isn't on there? I'm sure I've heard it before, but the last time I really listened to Offspring Radio was in...maybe 2006.

Omni
06-15-2009, 05:46 PM
Kill the President
Smash
Change the World
Pay the Man
Huck it
Defy You
D.U.I
Hand Grenades (not really a song, but they play Neocon, so why not)
The O.C Life
Next to You

And all of the cover songs that never appeared on an album or the Greatest Hits. I'm betting you haven't heard any of those.

Tijs
06-16-2009, 12:21 AM
Smash isn't on there, you're right. Neither is Defy You or the ones Omni mentioned. But the MP3's they stream aren't really that bad quality, they're 192kbps.

Harleyquiiinn
06-16-2009, 12:42 AM
Ooooh there is a radio on the website ! I feel ridiculous that I never saw it before. :D

if only my computer had a sound card http://www.assas.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/bou.gif

Shullskin> Is it a shuffle thing or is it the same playlist all the time ? maybe you haven't been lucky with the shuffle. Or maybe, the radio is named Hal and developed a sense of taste and decided that it didn't like Defy you and Smash. http://www.assas.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/bedo.gif

Tijs
06-16-2009, 12:46 AM
It shuffles through the same playlist every time, but not in the same order.

Harleyquiiinn
06-16-2009, 12:58 AM
oh... can I keep believing that the radio is alive and decides what it likes ? You know... I really want to believe ...

Guess what ? I found a sound card in an old box. I hesitate to install it because:
1) me opening the computer won't be much appreciated. I'm a girl, they barely let me start the computer.
2) if I have a sound card, I am going to listen to the Offspring all day and my collegue at the other desk might kill me, or i could get fired.

On the other side, I could have some music at work, having less trouble to concentrate and be more efficient.

On this subject, does anyone understand why it is usually not very well seen to work with music ? even if you listen to it in your mp3 player and don't bother anyone ? I never quite understood this... :(

KyleW
06-16-2009, 03:40 AM
oh... can I keep believing that the radio is alive and decides what it likes ? You know... I really want to believe ...

Guess what ? I found a sound card in an old box. I hesitate to install it because:
1) me opening the computer won't be much appreciated. I'm a girl, they barely let me start the computer.
2) if I have a sound card, I am going to listen to the Offspring all day and my collegue at the other desk might kill me, or i could get fired.

On the other side, I could have some music at work, having less trouble to concentrate and be more efficient.

On this subject, does anyone understand why it is usually not very well seen to work with music ? even if you listen to it in your mp3 player and don't bother anyone ? I never quite understood this... :(

Music, particularly music with lyrics, is commonly perceived as a distraction to many people. As they try to get on with thier work they find themselves singing the lyrics in thier head or tapping to the beat of the song. I guess some people can block it out better than other though so if you can work with music then go for it. Personally, I like undisturbed silence and a cup of tea.

Harleyquiiinn
06-16-2009, 03:45 AM
I see I see. I understand that some people will be disturbed by music but I don't understand why they would think it is a problem when I am listening to my mp3 player.

I know that a lot of people prefer to work undisturbed and I am totally with you for the cup of tea. But I have the concentration capacity of an oyster with ADD. Music really helps and people won't even try to understand that some people just work better this way... This is just the dictatorship of the majority :(

randman21
06-16-2009, 05:02 AM
I'm with you. I don't get it either. I can listen to my mp3 player at my current job, but at my old one, it was a no-no. I can understand the safety hazard of listening to music in a place with heavy mobile machinery (such as a warehouse with forklifts and such) or somewhere where you need to hear when people are talking to you. Other than that, nope.

Anyway, major wowage. I didn't realize all of these songs weren't on there. I get Kill the President, Huck It, Defy You, DUI, Hand Grenades, O.C. Life, and Next to You, but I'm not so sure about Smash, Change the World, and Pay the Man. My original thought was that it has something to do with the long silence after the actual songs are done.