06-15-2009, 11:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UvuiNUyReE

RODNEYMULLEN
06-15-2009, 11:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UvuiNUyReE

This is fucking retarded.

brothadave79
06-15-2009, 11:39 PM
Um, I'm not really sure what that was actually spoofing...

Ryder1234
06-15-2009, 11:40 PM
After watching it once, I tried to view it as someone who hates The Offspring, and even then it wasn't funny. That's bullshit.

Harleyquiiinn
06-15-2009, 11:51 PM
http://about.heavy.com/

It wasn't even funny !

I wanted to know if I was objective so I watched the one about Oasis... not funny either.

[Law geek] I really doubt that Matt Groening or Fox granted them rights clearance for this, especially because well... it sucks. And when you own a tv show you don't want people to recognize it if it sucks. Besides if there was a contract, there would be a "Simspons characters - Thanks to the courtesy of Fox" or something like that at the end.
We should report them and watch the law suit... [/law geek]

:cool:

IamSam
06-15-2009, 11:56 PM
Jacknife's comment is classic. Literally and figuratively.

Maria Cortez
06-16-2009, 12:33 AM
fuck those putos. shitty haters. :mad: (lamers) *farts*

the offspring for life. (cheers) :D :cool:

SelfEsteem94
06-16-2009, 04:01 AM
I'm pretty sure i wouldn't find this funny even if i hated The Offspring.
I also watched the Smashing Pumpkins one,
this guy is not funny at all.

dff_punk
06-16-2009, 04:03 AM
What a waste of parody. Matt Groening should sue.

Outerspaceman21
06-16-2009, 05:08 AM
That was lame

Jojan
06-16-2009, 05:21 AM
That was fucking funny! xD

Omni
06-16-2009, 06:06 AM
The little comment "Noodles" made about powdered donuts was mildly amusing. Other than that, total bomb. What could've made this better:

A) Not making up shit. Like the Offspring on the verge of bankruptcy. Since the timeline for this was set in 2001, they just came fresh off from four consecutive platinum and multi-platinum albums, as well as one Gold. Also the parody of Dexter's speech was utterly ridiculous. In fact, just about everything they parodied was terrible. I mean, the Original Prankster joke didn't even make any fucking sense. It had nothing to do with what he was saying and was completely out of context.

B) I'd be tempted to forgive them for making such a shitfest if they were one of the many people who thought the Offspring did nothing but novelty songs like Pretty Fly and Original Prankster. But judging from the oh-so-clever Come Out and Play joke in the description (which also made no sense, a trend seems to be forming), they're completely aware of the Offspring's core sound. So basically, they're making a video making fun of 3/13 songs on every Offspring album.

C) Maybe, just maybe they shouldn't reference the fact that they're ripping off the Simpsons every sixth sentence? We understand what they're doing, it wasn't funny before they brought it up, and it wasn't funny after the dozenth time.

D) Don't describe your cartoon as "hilarious" in the description when it's at one star and a half. You can edit those things, please do so.

I'll admit, I'm sticking up for the Offspring since I'm a fan, but this just proves that the Internet can also work against us in the most bloody, nightmarish ways when new comedic talent tries to be discovered. These guys just aren't good. I checked out their site, heavy.com, and this little gem was the first thing I watched. http://www.heavy.com/video/70819

Theres an open offer for an Internet war on Twitter from this guy at the end of that video. I would say someone should make a flame war with him, but I don't think his responses would be very entertaining.

EDIT: E) Jokes. Actual jokes.

Rutegard
06-16-2009, 06:08 AM
i confess that i felt like hurting myself when i watched that video

randman21
06-16-2009, 06:22 AM
Okay, sure it wasn't funny at all, but was anyone actually offended by this as an Offspring fan? It was mild, at most.

Harleyquiiinn
06-16-2009, 06:26 AM
Actually, I was a lot more offended as a Simpsons fan http://www.assas.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/gun.gif

zsk
06-16-2009, 07:11 AM
please pu the offspring on real simpsons!
that's faked bullshit!

Grimesy da Offspringfan
06-16-2009, 07:47 AM
Jacknife's comment was epic

bouncingcoles
06-16-2009, 07:51 AM
i was hoping it would be funny but it wasnt

IamSam
06-16-2009, 11:17 AM

I agree.

Kudos Jacknife!

bouncingcoles
06-16-2009, 11:30 AM
i admit its amusing seeing all the ass kissers on these boards and youtube freaking out about this dumb ass video. some people have to take a joke

jacknife737
06-16-2009, 03:30 PM

I agree.

Kudos Jacknife!

Thanks guys!

But yeah, that video was painfully unfunny.

Omni
06-16-2009, 05:08 PM
i admit its amusing seeing all the ass kissers on these boards and youtube freaking out about this dumb ass video. some people have to take a joke

Hardly anyone is offended as an Offspring fan. We're offended as human beings who watched that garbage.

Smash_Returns
06-16-2009, 05:28 PM
Yeah, if they had put some thought into it, I can laugh at a good burn.

That was incoherent retardation that was trying to hard to come off as witty when there wasn't one iota of wit in it. It sucked in the "I think I just lost a fuckton of brain cells" sense, rather than them bashing the Offspring.

TakesMeNowhere28
06-16-2009, 10:19 PM
Notice how that loser jackass doesn't mention what bands he actually likes? Probably too scared to admit it.