PDA

View Full Version : Offspring and Dropkick Murphys

TakesMeNowhere28
06-17-2009, 08:59 PM
Anyone going to an Offspring show that will feature Dropkick Murphys (I think that part of the tour starts Friday), can you post how many songs DKM's ends up doing? If you want, you can include what songs they do. Though I don't know if it'll be the same for every show. I hope they'll do at least 4 or 5. Before anyone says "go find a Dropkick Murphys board to find out", believe me I tried. I can't find one.

leo3375
06-18-2009, 06:41 PM
I'll see what I can do. Maybe I'll live-tweet it if my iPhone can endure it and if the pit isn't too intense.

marblez
06-20-2009, 10:53 PM
I just got back from the Chicago show.
Dropkick Murphy's played for ABOUT 45 minutes I would guess. Their set list was pretty good, but it consisted of mostly stuff from the last three cds. Now that I think about it, I don't think they played anything from Sing Loud, Sing Proud, but they played Far Away Coast from Do or Die for the first time in forever.
I can't really remember the order of the setlist, but it was pretty good

Smash_Returns
06-21-2009, 05:09 PM
At St. Paul they did about 10. Can't remember exactly how many, but they lasted about an hour. It was a good set.

marblez
06-21-2009, 06:11 PM
In Chicago they played 13. This isn't in any particular order besides the first three and the last two but:

Cadence To Arms
Do Or Die
Captain Kelly's Kitchen
State of Massachusetts
Johnny, I hardly Knew Ya
Walk Away
Flannigan's Ball
Far Away Coast
Sunshine Highway
Worker's Song
Citizen CIA
Kiss Me, I'm Shitfaced
Shipping Up To Boston.

They had to stop the set at the end of KMIS because someone had to get carried out on a stretcher. They were well over their time but Offspring let them play one more song, so some other shows might be longer, but they usually end their set with KMIS so I can't imagine it being that much longer.

TakesMeNowhere28
06-21-2009, 06:45 PM
Wow. They played for 45 minutes?? Longer than I expected. Awesome! Thanks to everyone for providing the info on DKM's. Unfortunately, now I'm even more anxious lol. Thanks again everyone.

T minus 3 days.

TakesMeNowhere28
06-25-2009, 07:34 AM
In Chicago they played 13. This isn't in any particular order besides the first three and the last two but:

Cadence To Arms
Do Or Die
Captain Kelly's Kitchen
State of Massachusetts
Johnny, I hardly Knew Ya
Walk Away
Flannigan's Ball
Far Away Coast
Sunshine Highway
Worker's Song
Citizen CIA
Kiss Me, I'm Shitfaced
Shipping Up To Boston.

They had to stop the set at the end of KMIS because someone had to get carried out on a stretcher. They were well over their time but Offspring let them play one more song, so some other shows might be longer, but they usually end their set with KMIS so I can't imagine it being that much longer.

Well, either you forgot one or the band did more at the show last night because they also did "The Legend Of Finn McCool." I thought it was cool how they did their usual entrance to Foggy Dew by Sinead O'Connor. I wasn't sure if they were going to or not since they weren't the headline group. Right when that song started, everyone stood up. I couldn't believe how many DKM fans were at the show. In my area, hardly anyone has even heard of them. I saw 3 or 4 people wearing the same DKM shirt I was and it was a shirt they weren't selling at the merchandise stand.

marblez
06-26-2009, 05:51 PM
Well, either you forgot one or the band did more at the show last night because they also did "The Legend Of Finn McCool." I thought it was cool how they did their usual entrance to Foggy Dew by Sinead O'Connor. I wasn't sure if they were going to or not since they weren't the headline group. Right when that song started, everyone stood up. I couldn't believe how many DKM fans were at the show. In my area, hardly anyone has even heard of them. I saw 3 or 4 people wearing the same DKM shirt I was and it was a shirt they weren't selling at the merchandise stand.

They might have done more because in Chicago they had to cut their set short because someone had to get carried out on a stretcher.

RODNEYMULLEN
06-26-2009, 11:07 PM
I'll see what I can do. Maybe I'll live-tweet it if my iPhone can endure it and if the pit isn't too intense.

looks like i'm not the only one from the forums going to that show. the box office girl said there's not gonna take out any seats for the show, which i'm assuming means there won't be any moshing.

TakesMeNowhere28
06-29-2009, 07:44 PM
They might have done more because in Chicago they had to cut their set short because someone had to get carried out on a stretcher.

Oh yeah. I thought the same thing had happened at the Cincinnati show because I saw a couple of medical people run past me with a stretcher but no one ended up getting carried off so I guess the guy was alright.