PDA

View Full Version : Sexual Content of the Forum

Apathy
06-18-2009, 01:44 AM
Ok ok... so I know that the forum is mostly used by adults and that the bbs has always operated on this basic level of tolerance, but lately things seem a little out of hand.

I mean, I realize that you don't go to the internet to find some sort of childsafe pc environment, but I'm not sure I want to read about some of this stuff.

Of course, now that I've got this all typed out I've decided that this is stupid because A.) I'm hypocritical as I've taken part in every such thread in the past few days B.) An easy solution exists as the topics are clearly labeled and I have access to a foolproof blocking feature and C.) Now that I think about it I'm not offended or even grossed out in any way, in fact I don't think I mind one bit.

Nonetheless I feel obligated to not delete this. I mostly just want to gauge other peoples feelings on the matter.

findout5
06-18-2009, 03:12 AM
If that was only the main problem...

Thomas
06-18-2009, 03:22 AM
I'm pretty sure it's a 1337 conspiracy to jump start their underground sex-slave business on the black market.

Where do I sign up?

Harleyquiiinn
06-18-2009, 03:28 AM
I'm pretty sure it's a 1337 conspiracy to jump start their underground sex-slave business on the black market.

That one was funny :D

Hmm anyway, I don't know... I don't really see the problem... it's not like there were images. It is just very imaged conversations :D

The Search Button
06-18-2009, 06:10 AM
The only thing I think about the sexual content of the forum is the lack of.

Al Coholic
06-18-2009, 06:58 AM
^What he said.

If anything this forum could loosen up a lil bit.

Jojan
06-18-2009, 07:27 AM
Children are stupid.

Oxygene
06-18-2009, 08:01 AM

Where do I sign up?

me threeeeeee

Little_Miss_1565
06-18-2009, 08:17 AM
What we've tried to do is not allow NSFW pictures unless they're behind a link that labels them as NSFW, but we figured a thread called "Blowjobs" would speak for itself, and anyone who opened it should know ahead of time what it would be about.

bighead384
06-18-2009, 08:27 AM
But your boss WILL walk by, and he'll see the thread even if you don't click on it (and even if it says NSFW), and he'll still think you're a scumbag and fire you. Sorry, that's just the way it works!

Tijs
06-18-2009, 08:37 AM
Maybe you could just work instead of visiting the forums?

Harleyquiiinn
06-18-2009, 08:38 AM
Honestly, my boss would fire me if he knew how much time I waste on the Offspring board, and Internet in general. It doesn't really matter if it is about blowjobs or running :D

You know that they sell mirrors for computers to check if someone is coming behind you ? I'd need one of those...

Oxygene
06-18-2009, 08:47 AM
What we've tried to do is not allow NSFW pictures unless they're behind a link that labels them as NSFW, but we figured a thread called "Blowjobs" would speak for itself, and anyone who opened it should know ahead of time what it would be about.

OR OR, we could declare Offspring BBS NSFW and an adult site... and as a statement all the sexy women on the bbs should post nude pix in their profiles and the photo album section, and to set a fine example we could start with the sexy supermoderator?

I think it's a good idea.. let's put it to a vote :D

Harleyquiiinn
06-18-2009, 08:49 AM
OR OR, we could declare Offspring BBS NSFW and an adult site... and as a statement all the sexy women on the bbs should post nude pix in their profiles and the photo album section, and to set a fine example we could start with the sexy supermoderator?

I insist on gender equality ! why just women ? Are you saying that men cannot be sexy on nude pix ? :D

Oxygene
06-18-2009, 08:56 AM
I insist on gender equality ! why just women ? Are you saying that men cannot be sexy on nude pix ? :D

I'll get you a pic of Tijs in a leather thong if the price is right :D

Harleyquiiinn
06-18-2009, 08:58 AM
I'll get you a pic of Tijs in a leather thong if the price is right :D

noooo, I don't want to see a picture of the Brain in a thong... If I want to see a mouse with underwear I have Mickey...

Little_Miss_1565
06-18-2009, 09:01 AM
Too raw, Oxy!

Tijs -- LOL.

Oxygene
06-18-2009, 09:04 AM
Too raw, Oxy!

You keep saying that...

Thomas
06-18-2009, 11:15 AM
I favor nude mods.

JohnnyNemesis
06-18-2009, 11:32 AM
down wit modz

Rutegard
06-18-2009, 11:32 AM

only one word comes to my mind....that will be tijs! and im with u oxy, take it or leave it!

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
06-18-2009, 11:38 AM
i'm okay with nude mods
why not?

Thomas
06-18-2009, 11:59 AM
down wit modz

I'll go down on mods, if ya know what I mean...

*wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*

findout5
06-18-2009, 12:20 PM
In case that happens, here are shaving tips:
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37804

Harleyquiiinn
06-18-2009, 12:54 PM
Am I the only one who does not want to see Tijs in a leather thong?

Well, in case it happens, I think it would really improve how everybody feels on that board :D

jacknife737
06-18-2009, 04:41 PM
Am I the only one who does not want to see Tijs in a leather thong?

Yes. 10 characters

RageAndLov
06-18-2009, 05:28 PM
But your boss WILL walk by, and he'll see the thread even if you don't click on it (and even if it says NSFW), and he'll still think you're a scumbag and fire you. Sorry, that's just the way it works!

You shouldn't be on internet forums when you are at work. The only reason your boss will fire you is because you spend time on forums when you really should work.

GreenTerror
06-18-2009, 09:12 PM

Way to totally read my mind, Thomas.
GET OUT OF MY HEAD.

Llamas
06-18-2009, 09:18 PM
Why are people being weird about checking the bbs at work? A lot of places these days are quite lax on internet rules, as long as you're getting your work done and not looking up anything inappropriate, they don't mind.

WOULD ANYONE LIKE A BANANA? THEY ARE QUITE DELICIOUS TODAY.

Thomas
06-18-2009, 11:05 PM
Way to totally read my mind, Thomas.
GET OUT OF MY HEAD.

Or you can get on my head, if ya know what I mean!

Llamas
06-19-2009, 02:03 AM
Why are people being weird about checking the bbs at work? A lot of places these days are quite lax on internet rules, as long as you're getting your work done and not looking up anything inappropriate, they don't mind.

WOULD ANYONE LIKE A BANANA? THEY ARE QUITE DELICIOUS TODAY.

wait... so I mean it's cool that you edited my post and all, but... wtf??!??!??!!! hahaha.

Harleyquiiinn
06-19-2009, 11:37 AM
Woah. How do you do that ?
:eek:
I spend my whole day connected on message boards... Not that I don't work... I just have this compulsive habit to check my message boards all the time...

06-19-2009, 11:49 AM
I just have this compulsive habit to check my message boards all the time...

damm it. i know just how you feel

JohnnyNemesis
06-19-2009, 11:49 AM

lol wrong thread omg go here: http://offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1318426

Reamwolf
06-19-2009, 11:56 AM
I understand where you come from, Apathy. Plus, I am still young and I live with my mom. I would be highly embarrassed if she was looking over my shoulders and saw some topic about blow jobs.... Then she'd probably ban me from this site too. Maybe they should create a separate board topic that is for those kinds of things.

Every once and a while, a good, old fashioned, perverted joke, or a classic band geek "that's what she said." Is fine. But sometimes it can go too far. Hopefully it wont get worse. For now, I say the level of sexual Content in the forums is... still tolerable.

06-19-2009, 12:02 PM
i think it lacks sexual content.
i remember some time ago, when the rules were lax, duskygrin showed her tits to the board and some one photoshoped her head into a frog and the frog's head into her nude body

Reamwolf
06-19-2009, 12:12 PM
i remember some time ago, when the rules were lax, duskygrin showed her tits to the board and some one photoshoped her head into a frog and the frog's head into her nude body

XD Funny! But slightly weird.

disclaimer_07
06-19-2009, 01:00 PM

lol, I've been a member for like one year and a half and I didn't know about that :eek:

Oxygene
06-19-2009, 02:23 PM
lol, I've been a member for like one year and a half and I didn't know about that :eek:

Yeah I missed her tit shots.. I'd pay good money to see them :)

On a slightly different note it is absolutely ridiculous for the offspring to have a message board where blowjob topic is b***job.

It's wrong

dff_punk
06-19-2009, 02:30 PM
If that happened on a blink-182 forum, now that would be a riot!

Little_Miss_1565
06-19-2009, 02:47 PM
Yeah I missed her tit shots.. I'd pay good money to see them :)

On a slightly different note it is absolutely ridiculous for the offspring to have a message board where blowjob topic is b***job.

It's wrong

A post earlier in this thread reminded me of a time I had nearly forgotten when I had to ask the admins to delete someone's account because people were posting all kinds of sexual shit and the parents got super upset she was reading forums like that. I personally do not give a fuck; however, if it helps the younger fans here stick around, why not give it a try.

IamSam
06-19-2009, 05:22 PM
Why is your Lake Titicaca not filled with boobs and poop?

Llamas
06-19-2009, 09:30 PM

So what was your username before you made this one?

I dunno what I think about the censoring... I'm not trying to be trupunx or whatever, but I don't think a thread titled "blowjobs" is any more offensive than most of the discussion on here... how people talk, including all the cussing and "dirty" talk. Personally, I don't give a shit; I avoid this place when I'm in public. However, I just think it's really arbitrary...

IamSam
06-19-2009, 09:35 PM

You know what's arbitrary? Them telling you what their old username was.

Llamas
06-19-2009, 09:43 PM
I was just curious...

Little_Miss_1565
06-19-2009, 09:46 PM
Ugh, fine, okay. In the future I will not give a shit about young fans and how they feel their parents might react to attention-grabbing features of the forum.

Reamwolf
06-19-2009, 09:48 PM
Ugh, fine, okay. In the future I will not give a shit about young fans.

:(
But but.... But..... What about me?
I dont want my mom to ban me from another website because of inappropriate content

Little_Miss_1565
06-19-2009, 09:50 PM
I dont want my mom to ban me from another website because of inappropriate content

Having dealt with this first-hand with another former forum member, that's what I was thinking. But apparently this doesn't have many other fans here.

Reamwolf
06-19-2009, 09:52 PM
Having dealt with this first-hand with another former forum member, that's what I was thinking. But apparently this doesn't have many other fans here.

:D YAY..
I really don't want to be banned from here....BY MY MOM....
that would suck.

renato piquette
06-19-2009, 09:57 PM
i will please you all by posting naked pics of me :cool:

Llamas
06-19-2009, 10:16 PM
I don't oppose trying to make things better... I just don't see it as being effective unless we went to one of those boards that automatically removes cuss words and such. Not that I'm saying I want that... but a parent seeing the word "blowjobs" as a thread title is not going to get the kid in trouble anymore than them seeing 90% of the posts on this bbs.

Reamwolf
06-19-2009, 10:17 PM
I don't oppose trying to make things better... I just don't see it as being effective unless we went to one of those boards that automatically removes cuss words and such. Not that I'm saying I want that... but a parent seeing the word "blowjobs" as a thread title is not going to get the kid in trouble anymore than them seeing 90% of the posts on this bbs.

True. Maybe they should add it under the control panel, that way people who want it turned off can turn it off.

RickyCrack
06-19-2009, 10:19 PM
so conservative notions coming from a dude with a 4chan meme avatar.

Budzy
06-19-2009, 10:20 PM

I fucking agree with this fucknig post, fuck yeah! :P

But seriously, I played that 'Runescape' for a while (DON'T JUDGE ME, IT WASN'T FOR LONG!) and every single word was just about censored. No fun at all.

Little_Miss_1565
06-19-2009, 10:21 PM

LOL. Good point.

Reamwolf
06-19-2009, 10:23 PM

Huh? Me or someone else
*confused*

Oxygene
06-20-2009, 02:27 AM
A post earlier in this thread reminded me of a time I had nearly forgotten when I had to ask the admins to delete someone's account because people were posting all kinds of sexual shit and the parents got super upset she was reading forums like that. I personally do not give a fuck; however, if it helps the younger fans here stick around, why not give it a try.

Because you cannot and should not abolish adult topics. Offspring deals with adult topics, their latest hit single was about an underage girl getting raped. The only way it makes sense is if you outlaw it.. if you have B***jobs that conveys the message. Everyone knows your talking about someone sucking the cum out of a dick. Putting the *** is hypocritical conservative bullshit attitude.

I do agree that it's important for the younger fans here to stick around, but I don't believe it takes priority over our freedom of expression. I understand it can and should be limited.. noone should be posting pictures for example of children getting raped.. however if someone relates to the song because a priest made him suck his dick, he should be able and allowed to talk about it, without *** here. There are forums where I would kinda get the *** but not this one.

I know you are trying to find a healthy balance and I applaud you for your effort, it is my personal opinion that the principal of what's been done is wrong.

Fuck Offspring have a hit single in Australia which is about someone getting fucked and screaming while loving it at a party.. this isn't the LA philharmonics bbs.

That's all

Edit:
Also this is bullshit validation for those mindless parents who torture their children with this shit. This is telling them they are a right to do so. It's wrong.

Harleyquiiinn
06-20-2009, 02:40 AM
I agree with Oxygene http://www.assas.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/jap.gif

Reamwolf> I'm sorry if you Mom thinks it is better for you not to be on this board. But I think you're not *so* young since apparently, you don't seem to ignore what a blowjob is. :D

If your Mom is the kind of parents who won't realize that their kid is actually growing up and thinking (Disclaimer: no insult meant to your parents of course) I suggest that:

-You download a different browser than the one your parents use and hide it somewhere in the programs. (works if your parents are not so good with computers)
- If you don't, keep clearing the list of websites you visit. She won't be able to ask for a ban if she doesn't know where to ask. :D

Oxygene
06-20-2009, 02:49 AM
To get a bit more philosophical...

Freedom I think is people being able to do anything without unjustly limiting others - in their freedom. This is a dangerous thought, because there is something very subjective about it, and it's based on your set of "morals". So in other words you have to draw a line artificially and say this is where one freedom ends. I think in different cases that line is different. I think the free speech line should be as far out as possible for example in front of buildings of parliament (congress, whatever).. and should be limited at funerals of private citizens. It should be allowed at public figureheads funerals tho. So you can see that the same issue and the line is drawn in three different places three different times. I think that censoring and not allowing blowjob topics is ok for certain places. Not for others tho. And I think they should be allowed here. For the reasons I gave above.

Reamwolf
06-20-2009, 05:28 PM
I agree with Oxygene http://www.assas.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/jap.gif

Reamwolf> I'm sorry if you Mom thinks it is better for you not to be on this board. But I think you're not *so* young since apparently, you don't seem to ignore what a blowjob is. :D

If your Mom is the kind of parents who won't realize that their kid is actually growing up and thinking (Disclaimer: no insult meant to your parents of course) I suggest that:

-You download a different browser than the one your parents use and hide it somewhere in the programs. (works if your parents are not so good with computers)
- If you don't, keep clearing the list of websites you visit. She won't be able to ask for a ban if she doesn't know where to ask. :D

I don't Care if she Knows I'm on the forums. I don't tell her when I sign up. All I am worried about is her seeing that I am on an "Adult" forum. And yeah, she knows I'm growing up, but she doesn't want me to.

Omni
06-23-2009, 06:32 AM

I noticed a couple topic titles got censored. I've always been against censorship, since bleeping out a word, if anything, only draws more attention to what it obviously was in the first place. Looking at the long history of censoring things, I honestly would have expected it to be gone for the most part by now. However, the censoring here has been really modest, so I haven't been aggrivated. It's only frustrating because on a punk band's forum, censorship is far less prevalent, and extra unnecessary since only a small amount of the people here are somehow effected by dirty words.

Ream, I don't understand why your mom wouldn't mind you listening to a band who has said the word fuck on every single one of their eight records, yet doesn't want you viewing their forum because of the same content (Offspring also blatantly speak of sex in some of their songs). That's the only reason why I really don't give a fuck if someone's parent bans them from the BBS, because we don't say much here that the band hasn't said or alluded to. And in the event that your mom doesn't know that you listen to "unwholesome" music, I'm not going to feel guilty because you can't keep two secrets instead of just one.

So, in other words, if you want us to censor things, I'll keep that in mind next time I make a thread like "Blowjobs," but I think the really young listeners ruin it for us, not the other way around when it comes down to it.

Little_Miss_1565
06-23-2009, 07:50 AM
I find it hilariously ironic that I am getting shit for trying to think extra about how to help new, young members of the forum AND for supposedly being mean and nasty to them.

Sidewinder
06-23-2009, 07:56 AM
Laura,
Can't you give me some time?
I got to give myself one more chance.
To be the man that I know I am.
To be the man that I know I am.
Won't you just tell Cincinnati,
I'm gonna need your love.
Don't you give me your love,
Don't you give me your...

Sh'mon
Sh'mon
Where is your love?
Sh'mon
Sh'mon
Where is your love?
Don't you give me your love?
Don't you give me your...

Omni
06-23-2009, 03:58 PM
I find it hilariously ironic that I am getting shit for trying to think extra about how to help new, young members of the forum AND for supposedly being mean and nasty to them.

If that's directed in part to me, then you missunderstood me. I don't think you're being mean to them, nor do I care either way about the censorship. I think it's a little unnecessary, but it's not a huge deal.

06-29-2009, 10:24 PM

I dunno what I think about the censoring... I'm not trying to be trupunx or whatever, but I don't think a thread titled "blowjobs" is any more offensive than most of the discussion on here... how people talk, including all the cussing and "dirty" talk. Personally, I don't give a shit; I avoid this place when I'm in public. However, I just think it's really arbitrary...

i might be a little late on the answer but i just lurked around sites because i know i will start posting on them.
by the way, nice sig

Hypno Toad
06-30-2009, 12:05 AM

Don't take shit from them. Part of a moderators job to not give a fuck about what people think about them. Just enforce the rules, be neutral, and use discretion, and that's that.

If you want my advice about the whole "sexual content" thing, the offspring themselves in their songs talk about sex, they swear, and lets face it; if you are worried about your children coming across rude/sexual content, they shouldn't be on the internet in the first place. It's like trying to live in a clean environment, and then moving your house into the city dump to do just that.

Really as long as people aren't plastering threads full of pornography, then it shouldn't really be a problem.

Little_Miss_1565
06-30-2009, 07:39 AM
Don't take shit from them. Part of a moderators job to not give a fuck about what people think about them. Just enforce the rules, be neutral, and use discretion, and that's that.

If you want my advice about the whole "sexual content" thing, the offspring themselves in their songs talk about sex, they swear, and lets face it; if you are worried about your children coming across rude/sexual content, they shouldn't be on the internet in the first place. It's like trying to live in a clean environment, and then moving your house into the city dump to do just that.

Really as long as people aren't plastering threads full of pornography, then it shouldn't really be a problem.

Fuckin' A :)

And yeah, I hear you on the Offspring's content tip. When I was 9, I sat in the kitchen with Green Day's "Dookie" on my headphones, telling my mom there were no swears in it, meanwhile listening to "Having a Blast." And yeah, she looked askance at the record just because it was called Dookie but didn't look much beyond that. That's the sort of thing I'm thinking about here -- Being able to preserve young fan's ability to listen to "Bad Habit" on their headphones with Mom being none the wiser. Mom can't see what you're listening to, but she can see what you're looking at online. I'm not sure why some people think it's such a huge imposition to consider young fans when choosing their topic titles. I mean, it's why we enforce the NSFW picture rule. We're not telling you not to discuss it or share it. We're asking you to do it in a way that young fans can keep up the charade for Mom and Dad.

Harleyquiiinn
06-30-2009, 07:48 AM
This is a debate that is really hard to understand for me. When LM talks about how she was hiding what she was listening to her mom because it had swearing in it, I think this is crazy.

Here, at least when I was a kid, there was no "explicit lyrics" warning at all. My favorite singer, when I was a kid (and I mean really small... I was like...6) was swearing at every line. Not only I was listening to it, I was listening to it and singing in the car with my parents. They are far from being irresponsible parents but they didn't seem to be a concerned by that...As long as I wouldn't use them... they simply didn't care.

Same thing for the sexual content, this is crazy ! I was listening to a hundred song with sexual content but I never actually understood them before I had the age to understand them (not the age to actually practice but come on, we know how children are made very soon, don't we ?)... So I don't understand the debate in this either...

What exactly society and parents are trying to protect ?

:confused:

Rutegard
06-30-2009, 07:52 AM
harley, not everyone here has/had the same type of parents or education tht u had...

i understand ream position, but i also feel that this is an adult forum, yes it is!
i think it's hard to find the balance....maybe a parental warning? :| i dunno

Harleyquiiinn
06-30-2009, 07:54 AM
Oh yes, I wasn't actually debating about the sexual content of the forum, it was more of a reaction to LM's message....

I sincerely don't understand it... What is the harm in swearing ?

Little_Miss_1565
06-30-2009, 07:55 AM
Harley, I was the oldest and my mom was a lot stricter with me than with my sisters as time passed and I wore her down. :) But like Rutegard said, everyone has different parents.

I'm not asking people to stop talking about these things, just to think about the young fans. Be inclusive.

Harleyquiiinn
06-30-2009, 07:59 AM
Again, I meant "the whole debate about sexual content and swearing", not particulary on the board... :D

I have no problem with this on the board if it's a common concern, I just don't understand why it is a concern in general

I was just saying how things are different from one society to another... because really... that's not only my parents... people in france (at least for my generation) simply don't care about swearing in music, movies, etc...

Antoher difference... like the ticket prices in the pit :D

Rutegard
06-30-2009, 08:02 AM
I'm not asking people to stop talking about these things, just to think about the young fans. Be inclusive.

yes i can understand that! everyone has their own sinsibilities (specially kids or new users) and we should respect them all!

Blitzkrieg Bop
06-30-2009, 08:58 AM
i think it's hard to find the balance....maybe a parental warning? :| i dunno

Coming back to this, I have seen elsewhere that words are censored by the standard @#$@ type of thing, but there is a button where you can switch off the censor of words ... it could be idea to institute this here and then the user can decide on their own PG rating.

Rag Doll
06-30-2009, 09:15 AM
Coming back to this, I have seen elsewhere that words are censored by the standard @#$@ type of thing, but there is a button where you can switch off the censor of words ... it could be idea to institute this here and then the user can decide on their own PG rating.

We could talk to the admins and see if that would be an option here.

ninthz
06-30-2009, 09:38 AM
So I shouldn't post nudes in this thread, huh?

Little_Miss_1565
06-30-2009, 09:45 AM

I kill u. :(

Harleyquiiinn
06-30-2009, 09:49 AM

Only if it has $@#$@ on some parts :D

Thomas
06-30-2009, 10:09 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen...

Welcome to the Disclaimer! That's right, The Disclaimer!!

This american apple pie institution known as parental discretion will cleanse any sense of innuendo or sarcasm from the lyrics which might actually make you THINK, and will also insult your intelligence at the same time.

So protect your family!!
This album contains explicit depictions of things which are real!!

These real things are commonly known as LIFE!!

So, if it sounds sarcastic, Don't take it seriously.
If it sounds dangerous, do not try this at home, or at all.

And if it offends you, Just. Don't. Listen to it.

SOMEONE had to do it...

m.offspring.r
06-30-2009, 10:15 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen...

Welcome to the Disclaimer! That's right, The Disclaimer!!

This american apple pie institution known as parental discretion will cleanse any sense of innuendo or sarcasm from the lyrics which might actually make you THINK, and will also insult your intelligence at the same time.

So protect your family!!
This album contains explicit depictions of things which are real!!

These real things are commonly known as LIFE!!

So, if it sounds sarcastic, Don't take it seriously.
If it sounds dangerous, do not try this at home, or at all.

And if it offends you, Just. Don't. Listen to it.

SOMEONE had to do it...

amen!

Little_Miss_1565
06-30-2009, 11:14 AM
Cry moar :(

dexter12296566
07-04-2009, 11:20 AM
Children are stupid.

thanx alot i am a child

Harleyquiiinn
07-04-2009, 04:39 PM
hmm also, you are not a child... you are almost 15, you are officially in the teenager category. Congratulations :cool:

Sure you know how we make children, right ? :D

dexter12296566
07-04-2009, 06:34 PM
hmm also, you are not a child... you are almost 15, you are officially in the teenager category. Congratulations :cool:

Sure you know how we make children, right ? :D

yeah i know that already

MoonTan™
07-04-2009, 08:15 PM
Sexual Content FTW!
I'm 15, fuck the children.
Trust me, there are alot more annoying things in this Forum..

ninthz
07-05-2009, 01:04 AM
Sexual Content FTW!
I'm 15, fuck the children.
Trust me, there are alot more annoying things in this Forum..

yrexistence?

MoonTan™
07-05-2009, 04:38 AM
yrexistence?

Yes, Exactly.

dexter12296566
07-05-2009, 02:33 PM
Yes, Exactly.

nice dude:):rolleyes:

SweetTatyana
07-05-2009, 03:17 PM
I don't think there is anything here worse than you'd hear in their songs tho right? I mean, From the age of like 12 to 17 I couldnt listen to Me and My Old Lady because the phrase "suck eachother dry" made me uncomfortable lol

EDIT: Actually nevermind, I somehow forgot about the man/horse thread.

Harleyquiiinn
07-05-2009, 03:19 PM
I don't think there is anything here worse than you'd hear in their songs tho right? I mean, From the age of like 12 to 17 I couldnt listen to Me and My Old Lady because the phrase "suck eachother dry" made me uncomfortable lol

This is cute :D:o

I had the same problem, when I was a kid, there was this song that I loved with lyrics in slang that I couldn't really understand. And I was singing it all the time, loud... when I realized it was slang for "jerking off" I was completely ashamed :o

Oxygene
07-05-2009, 03:27 PM
From the age of like 12 to 17 I couldnt listen to Me and My Old Lady because the phrase "suck eachother dry"

that's one of life's lessons that needs to be learned.. sucking eachother dry is crucial when it comes to happiness... so there you go :)

Oxygene
07-05-2009, 03:33 PM
how old are u?

dexter12296566
07-05-2009, 03:35 PM
This is cute :D:o

I had the same problem, when I was a kid, there was this song that I loved with lyrics in slang that I couldn't really understand. And I was singing it all the time, loud... when I realized it was slang for "jerking off" I was completely ashamed :o

i never really under stood either but it is just a song
the embarassing part was when my dad heard i said i would love to do that with dex cuz i was like 9 years old at the time

Little_Miss_1565
07-05-2009, 09:01 PM

EDIT: Actually nevermind, I somehow forgot about the man/horse thread.

This makes me literally LOL, of the sort of "that is totally me" variety. That song still makes me cringe a little. I mean, I'm glad Mr. and Mrs. Holland are happy, I really am. But some mental images are best left not given to me! ;)

And no, there isn't much on here that's out of the ordinary, though we occasionally get someone who takes it upon themselves to post it. Just saying think about the young fans.

ninthz
07-06-2009, 01:24 AM
Oh I definitely think about the young fans.

Rag Doll
07-06-2009, 11:44 AM
Everyone leave each other alone and keep on topic, thank you.

holland25
07-06-2009, 11:52 AM
There's one problem - I'm trying, but she won't leave me alone.

Rag Doll
07-06-2009, 11:53 AM
Just ignore her. You don't *have* to reply.

ninthz
07-06-2009, 11:57 AM
Everyone leave each other alone and keep on topic, thank you.
This looks so odd after my pedo post =( =( =(

holland25
07-06-2009, 11:57 AM
Just ignore her. You don't *have* to reply.

Yeah, I know, but she still floods me with PVMs...

dexter12296566
07-06-2009, 12:16 PM
Yeah, I know, but she still floods me with PVMs...

i will try hard but what are PVM's just wondering

holland25
07-06-2009, 12:18 PM
Profile visitor messages.

Little_Miss_1565
07-06-2009, 12:18 PM
There's one problem - I'm trying, but she won't leave me alone.

...except for the part where she was talking to me in this thread when you started going after her, not you. Don't antagonize her and then complain when she doesn't like you.

If there is a problem with the amount of visitor messages she leaves you, contact a mod. Don't start a fight on the forums about it. Or you could just delete them.

holland25
07-06-2009, 12:21 PM
I'm not starting a fight. I'm just upset because of it all.

EDIT: But anyway, just for the good of being, I'll try to ignore her posts and let her be.

Little_Miss_1565
07-06-2009, 12:25 PM
Alright, well, let's talk about it off the forums.

holland25
07-06-2009, 12:28 PM
Alright, understood.

Smash_Returns
07-06-2009, 02:16 PM
I support a word filter replacing the word "lol" with "ˇThis cheese is burning me!"

Rooster
07-06-2009, 02:27 PM
This thread has some of the most pornographic tag ever to exist in the internet universe...

Al Coholic
07-06-2009, 03:12 PM
Yeah I just put in the penis and the eyez or boobz thing but its really taken off from there.

Free?
07-07-2009, 10:24 AM

We could talk to the admins and see if that would be an option here.

It's obvious that such kind of censorship (as any other, duh) won't work; if the poster wants to, he can avoid it easily. And he will.
bl0wjob

Little_Miss_1565
07-07-2009, 10:53 AM
I don't really like the idea of censoring all the swears on the forum, and I doubt the band and admins would be into it either.

Harleyquiiinn
07-07-2009, 11:46 AM
I don't really like the idea of censoring all the swears on the forum, and I doubt the band and admins would be into it either.

I've just seen an episode of Recess (busy day...) where they replace all the swears by "flop". We could try that. I think it's a good idea: Flopjobs :cool:

Al Coholic
07-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Fuck censoring swears. There's enough moderation as it is, and I don't think there's many children here. Plenty of teenagers and some preteens sure, but they know what swears are by now. For fucks sake, the offspring swear in almost every song.

Captain Sarcasm
07-07-2009, 12:41 PM
Fuck censoring swears. There's enough moderation as it is, and I don't think there's many children here. Plenty of teenagers and some preteens sure, but they know what swears are by now. For fucks sake, the offspring swear in almost every song.

No, really?

holland25
07-07-2009, 12:43 PM
I agree with Al on this one.

Harleyquiiinn
07-07-2009, 12:52 PM
You guys are just flops.

Free?
07-07-2009, 01:00 PM
I've just seen an episode of Recess (busy day...) where they replace all the swears by "flop". We could try that. I think it's a good idea: Flopjobs :cool:

That will not work either... Not that swearing is a big problem.
It's just a single Reamwolf who's having problem with that and she can easily keep it in a secret from parents. Why are we even discussing this when it's so simple?

Harleyquiiinn
07-07-2009, 01:09 PM
No no i'm really shocked by all that swearing. And you people are not being honest when you say "hey they swear in every song". It's not the same, for them it's art !

So don't floppin' say that it doesn't matter !

As for sexual content, I'm getting tired of reading people talking of how they flop in the general chat section !

But seriously, the flop thing was a joke...

holland25
07-07-2009, 01:14 PM
I don't give a fucking shit about how the fuck I fucking write, so back the fuck off.

IamSam
07-07-2009, 01:15 PM
Because 'flopjob' sounds so much better than 'blowjob.'

Harleyquiiinn
07-07-2009, 01:17 PM
Because 'flopjob' sounds so much better than 'blowjob.'

I'm a fan :cool:

Free?
07-07-2009, 01:23 PM
No no i'm really shocked by all that swearing. And you people are not being honest when you say "hey they swear in every song". It's not the same, for them it's art !

So don't floppin' say that it doesn't matter !

As for sexual content, I'm getting tired of reading people talking of how they flop in the general chat section !

But seriously, the flop thing was a joke...

Okay, I'm wrong, it can work. Only on your own posts though.
Art or not, for them and for us it's a form of expression.
P.S.:
http://www.lushtshirts.co.uk/images/products/poker_the_flop.jpg

Harleyquiiinn
07-07-2009, 01:26 PM
Okay, I'm wrong, it can work. Only on your own posts though.
Art or not, for them and for us it's a form of expression.
P.S.:
http://www.lushtshirts.co.uk/images/products/poker_the_flop.jpg

I need this T-shirt :cool:

But seriously, I was floppin' joking :D

Captain Sarcasm
07-07-2009, 01:36 PM
I need this T-shirt :cool:

But seriously, I was floppin' joking :D

yes. i was being fooled, but then i was let in to know she was joking(not sarcasm)

dff_punk
07-07-2009, 07:17 PM
Reamwolf is female?

Captain Sarcasm
07-07-2009, 08:40 PM
I can't believe this thread is still going...

No, really?
you must be captain oblivious

Blitz!
07-08-2009, 05:31 AM
It's obvious that such kind of censorship (as any other, duh) won't work; if the poster wants to, he can avoid it easily. And he will.

Yeah, I agree that this is true but my suggestion was made to take the responsibility away from the Mod's and transfer it to the user. If it was ever instituted, I would probably never use it.

Reamwolf is female?

Correct ;)

Rutegard
07-08-2009, 05:56 AM
LOL @ think of the children tag

ninthz
07-08-2009, 09:51 AM
It's gotten to the point most threads end up: the circlejerk of mediocrity joins in and puts their mouths all over each other while the rest of the BBS skims over the trainwreck.

bighead384
07-08-2009, 09:58 AM
It's gotten to the point most threads end up: the circlejerk of mediocrity joins in and puts their mouths all over each other while the rest of the BBS skims over the trainwreck.
Examples????