PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte NC Preconcert Tour of NEW Venue

univonc
06-18-2009, 05:42 PM
To Those whom may be going to the July 14th concert:

For $hits and giggles I went to the venue to see what it is all about. From what i understand, The Offspring will be one of the first bands to use this outdoor amphitheater. The seats are AWESOME, and every seat in my opinion will be a great view. The capacity is very small, but there will be about 20-30' in front of front row for a CONCRETE mosh.

This area is now being developed, and to those who may be attending; KNOW where you are GOING! Get a map out and definitely plot out how to get to the arena. Navigation may not help.

The area is newly developed and hidden within the city of Charlotte. BUT there is a wonderful concert therater, called the Fillmore, that is next door. The Black Crowes will be playing there in September.

This arena (small venue) is gonna ROCK. BUT, make sure you have good seats.

It appears I may be able to attend. Unfortunately, my son has hurt his shoulder pitching and will not be able to attend a college recruit camp. If he can't i know he will be here rocking with The Offspring.

I will take pictures and post them. Please stay posted......

Bill

randman21
06-18-2009, 05:55 PM
To Those whom may be going to the July 14th concert:

For $hits and giggles I went to the venue to see what it is all about. From what i understand, The Offspring will be one of the first bands to use this outdoor amphitheater. The seats are AWESOME, and every seat in my opinion will be a great view. The capacity is very small, but there will be about 20-30' in front of front row for a CONCRETE mosh.

This area is now being developed, and to those who may be attending; KNOW where you are GOING! Get a map out and definitely plot out how to get to the arena. Navigation may not help.

The area is newly developed and hidden within the city of Charlotte. BUT there is a wonderful concert therater, called the Fillmore, that is next door. The Black Crowes will be playing there in September.

This arena (small venue) is gonna ROCK. BUT, make sure you have good seats.

It appears I may be able to attend. Unfortunately, my son has hurt his shoulder pitching and will not be able to attend a college recruit camp. If he can't i know he will be here rocking with The Offspring.

I will take pictures and post them. Please stay posted......

Bill
Awesome! Hey, could you tell me the address to the place? I think I need extra preparation to find the place, based on what you said. I'm HORRIBLE with directions and all that. I'm very pleasantly surprised that the arena is small. I thought for sure it'd be some huge thing. As for the pit area, do you think people will be able to just waltz up there from wherever their seats are? Because I bought my tix a few minutes after they became available, and still go third row...I assumed they weren't selling pit tickets.

Also, sorry about your son, but it's great that you might be able to go. Might see you there!

Reamwolf
06-18-2009, 06:41 PM
I was going to go to this one, but my mom saw the tour title and said: "NO WAY"

That stuff is messed up
:/

Please come back next year... and the year after that, and the year after that....

randman21
06-18-2009, 06:47 PM
And how old are you? Parents just don't understand. :(

KHWHD
06-18-2009, 06:49 PM
Damn, that sucks. :(

Reamwolf
06-18-2009, 06:54 PM
It really does!
Mannnn I reallllyyy want to go. Someone buy me a T-shirt there please?
XD
I just cant help but worry that this year is gonna be the best and I'm gonna miss it...

And how old are you? Parents just don't understand. :(

Im under 17....
^_^

randman21
06-18-2009, 09:22 PM
That stinks! My mom would have probably laughed her ass off at the title and let me go.

KHWHD
06-18-2009, 09:29 PM
That stinks! My mom would have probably laughed her ass off at the title and let me go.

Haha, yeah mine too. :D

Sorry you can't go. I'm sure next tour you'll be a bit older and you'll be going.

Reamwolf
06-18-2009, 09:47 PM
Haha, yeah mine too. :D

Sorry you can't go. I'm sure next tour you'll be a bit older and you'll be going.

Thanks.
*sighs*
And im turning.... oh, what the heck, Fourteen this year
Its on the Fourteenth. It would have been soo cool!

lillychr
07-08-2009, 08:26 PM
Is there enough parking there? I have to work till 7 then pic up my friend. Just hoping I don't miss anything looking for a spot.

_Lost_
07-08-2009, 10:36 PM
you said there is a bit of standing room at the front eh? how does one get in to that standing area??

Phil594
07-09-2009, 01:19 PM
I was going to go to this one, but my mom saw the tour title and said: "NO WAY"

That stuff is messed up
:/

Please come back next year... and the year after that, and the year after that....
Lol, my parents didn't know about the tour title until I bought the SIFU tour t-shirt. They were pissed, lol.

univonc
07-09-2009, 01:33 PM
Is there enough parking there? I have to work till 7 then pic up my friend. Just hoping I don't miss anything looking for a spot.

Plenty of parking. It is really not a big deal. this will be easy in easy out.

_Lost_
07-09-2009, 08:21 PM
I'm excited. I plan on being right up on the rail again if I can manage it. In Nashville I got pretty close, but not quite.

univonc
07-10-2009, 08:47 AM
I'm excited. I plan on being right up on the rail again if I can manage it. In Nashville I got pretty close, but not quite.

U live in Nashville? Right now I am on a plane to Nashville with my son and wife to check out a college.

Small world....

_Lost_
07-11-2009, 06:38 AM
lol. no i live in NC. Randman and I drove out to catch the opening show of the tour.

randman21
07-11-2009, 07:41 AM
Ha, that whole thing was a blur.

Hey Bill, do you happen to know the address of the place? Given my sense of direction, this trip will be Powered by GPS.

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
07-11-2009, 08:06 AM

Hey Bill, do you happen to know the address of the place? Given my sense of direction, this trip will be Powered by GPS.

it's not that hard
820 Hamilton St
CHARLOTTE, NC 28202
that arena is pretty new so that's why you might not know about it
did i mention getting out of that place is a pain in the ASSS

univonc
07-13-2009, 05:58 AM

You have the address. If you are leaving from fayetteville i assume you are coming down 74. If that is the case run it all the way out and then when you get to Charlotte, make sure you merge onto john Belk Freeway where it splits with Independence (74). When you are on john Belk stay in the right lane as you pass several exits BUt take the Graham street exit. When you get to Graham street you will only be able to go right, and when you do, you have to take the next light. At the light take a left into the NC Music Factory. (Hamilton)

You really can't miss it. i agree that getting out will be a bear, BUT they don't expect a lot of people there anyway......

randman21
07-13-2009, 04:43 PM
Awesome, thanks! What time do you guys think you'll be out there?

07-13-2009, 04:51 PM
Awesome, thanks! What time do you guys think you'll be out there?

whenever the concert starts

pretty common logic

randman21
07-13-2009, 04:55 PM
Dammit, stop calling me out! :o

Haha, I was actually talking to _Lost_ and Bill.

07-13-2009, 04:57 PM
Haha, I was actually talking to _Lost_ and Bill.

never mind then

_Lost_
07-13-2009, 09:23 PM
uhh i don't know. when do the doors open?

I'll probably be there pretty early.

do the doors open at 730 or is that when frank turner goes on?

cdavis1986
07-13-2009, 10:03 PM
So does anyone know the pit situation? That's what I'm really interested in!!! Anyone??

randman21
07-13-2009, 10:17 PM
uhh i don't know. when do the doors open?

I'll probably be there pretty early.

do the doors open at 730 or is that when frank turner goes on?
That is a good question. I'm hoping that's when the doors open. If I miss Frank Turner, I'll be a sad panda.

So does anyone know the pit situation? That's what I'm really interested in!!! Anyone??
Hmmm, what about the pit? There will be one! Heh, I doubt that's what you want to know, though. Given the supposed state of the ticket sales, I think there might be room to sneak down there during the show.

cdavis1986
07-13-2009, 10:23 PM
If I could get into that pit it would make my concert about 1000x better. That would be amazing.

randman21
07-13-2009, 10:37 PM
If I could get into that pit it would make my concert about 1000x better. That would be amazing.

Yes it would! I'm not sure how a seats at a rock concert work as it is. I hope I get down there, too, though.

_Lost_
07-13-2009, 10:44 PM
the key with getting into the pit is being there early. I'm leaving greensboro between 430 and 5 which should get me there between 6 and 630. good parking, first pick on merch, maybe a chance to locate the tour bus, and hopefully a spot on the rail dead center for some great pics.

islesfan
07-14-2009, 06:30 AM
tonight's the night!!!we are leaving columbia by 5 so that will put us at the venue around 6:30.just enough time to check out the new venue and get something to eat before we head inside.

randman21
07-14-2009, 07:02 AM
Awesome. I'll try to leave Fayetteville around 2:30-ish and get there by 5:30-ish. I'm sure I'll be dead hungry by then.

By the way, let me just take the time to say that if any of you is in section 102, row 4, seat 16, 17, or 18, I will be blocking your view, and I apologize profusely in advance. Better luck next time.

islesfan
07-14-2009, 07:08 AM
Awesome. I'll try to leave Fayetteville around 2:30-ish and get there by 5:30-ish. I'm sure I'll be dead hungry by then.

By the way, let me just take the time to say that if any of you is in section 102, row 4, seat 16, 17, or 18, I will be blocking your view, and I apologize profusely in advance. Better luck next time.

good thing i'm in row 3.lol.i don't remember my seat numbers but i'm pretty sure i'll be sitting right next to you guys.

_Lost_
07-14-2009, 07:52 AM
oh nice. you'll find he's easy to spot. 6'4" skinny black guy with very little hair and probably wearing an old school gray offspring tshirt.

randman21
07-14-2009, 08:32 AM
Hahahaha, close. I'm 6'5'' and I haven't cut my hair in months, so I'll be more like I was in Greensboro, the first time. Still not much hair, though. :P I'm still debating on whether to wear the Offy shirt.

univonc
07-14-2009, 08:49 AM
My son is 6'6" and will be in 103 8th row......

Me, I'll be telling the waitress, "another beer please...."

islesfan
07-14-2009, 11:28 AM
i'm out the door!charlotte here we come!!!

_Lost_
07-14-2009, 12:02 PM
lol i'm 5'6 with red hair and bangs. i'll be wearing green pants... though none of you will read this till after the show because you've all left already.:o

randman21
07-14-2009, 12:02 PM
My son is 6'6" and will be in 103 8th row......

Me, I'll be telling the waitress, "another beer please...."
Haha, I'm glad you're lucky so forward to that. And wow, 6'6''. I don't think it'll be such a problem if the floor slopes upward with each row.

i'm out the door!charlotte here we come!!!

Right behind ya! See you guys. :D