PDA

View Full Version : Any idea when I should arrive to assure a good place to stand? (Chicago)

cubsfan3434
06-19-2009, 01:03 PM
I'm going to the show tomorrow night in Chicago that starts at 7. Gates open at 6. I really want to get a close place to stand. Anyone know how early I should line up?

5? 3? 1? I don't really care how early. Just curious if anyone has any idea.

Thanks

KHWHD
06-19-2009, 01:53 PM
My show is on the 2nd, and I will be arriving with other BBS members around 1:30-2PM. The show starts at 6:30. The majority of us also have pit tickets. It all depends on yourself really and what spot you want to stand.

Little_Miss_1565
06-19-2009, 02:33 PM
When I saw them on the Americana tour, I was really worried about getting a good place to stand and got there maybe an hour before doors. I was like 15th in line and got a place to stand right up front at the Metro. Have things changed a lot since then?

jacknife737
06-19-2009, 03:51 PM
It depends on what you mean by a "good" spot. I don't particularly find that front and centre against the barricades to be a particularly enjoyable experience, i much prefer getting relatively close, but to the side, this way i avoid a bunch of the bullshit (ie crowd surfers, people fighting for your spot, ect) while still getting a great view.

You won't need to get in line any longer than say 2 hours prior. If you really really want to get that front and centre spot, then you may need to go just a little earlier, but not by much. Honestly, if you show up maybe an hour before the gates open, you'll have an amazing spot.

Keep in mind, that even if you find that when you get in the pit, that there are people in front of you, a lot of them before the band come on stage will leave to go to the washroom or get beer, or whatever, and that frees up a lot of space.

nameless
06-19-2009, 06:18 PM
it depends on the venue, if its a huge arena and you dont get there early you dont really have much chance of getting to the front. the best thing is to just rely on crowd surges in hope of getting further forward!

Outerspaceman21
06-19-2009, 07:46 PM
Depends on the venue. The one I was going to (Verizon Amp Theatre) had the show starting at 7:30, doors opening at 6:30, but the parking wasn't open until 5:00pm, so even if you get there early, you might not be allowed entrance into the parking intil later, so you'd have to kill time somewhere else. I wouldn't do that, at least not anymore, because in my attempt to waste time somewhere else, I got into a car accident and missed the concert. Of course, all locations are different, so I would try to find infomation on the concert venue before I set anything in stone.