PDA

View Full Version : Singles

two fathoms deep
01-21-2005, 11:05 AM
Does is piss anyone else off when one of your favorite bands releases a single off of their album that you're really into? For instance, "boulevard of broken dreams" was definately my favorite song off of american idiot, and now it's a single and it's being played on fox commercials and shit. That was MY song dammit.
"why don't you get a job" is another one of these singles.

Boobs are Nice
01-21-2005, 11:08 AM
Yes I know what you mean...but normally your fav. song off the album will be a single and overplayed anyway. So it's expected now for me.

Lars
01-21-2005, 11:09 AM
This has raised something I've always wondered. How can some song be "you're song"? Unless you've written it or performed it or contributed to the actual crafting of the song it's not yours. So how come lots people go around saying "this is my/our song"? I think it's stupid.

xComexOutxAndxPlay
01-21-2005, 11:09 AM
Yes i agree with this. It really does suck that they over play some songs that are your favorites. I hate that. Some of the songs mean something to you and then its over played and people only listen to it cause its popular.

the_GoDdEsS
01-21-2005, 11:13 AM
Haha. And I thought this topic was for "singles". *laughs*

Boobs are Nice
01-21-2005, 11:15 AM
Yeah I thought the same also. I thought it would be like... "Don't you had when your friends leave you for there girlfriends...."

Camilamazed
01-21-2005, 11:18 AM
Bla Bla bla :D

the_GoDdEsSs
01-21-2005, 11:19 AM
^ fucking dork.

the_GoDdEsS
01-21-2005, 11:19 AM
Does is piss anyone else off when one of your favorite friends steals a crush that you're really into? For instance, Sherryl was definately my favorite crush off american college, and now she's not single and she's being hit on by my friend and shit. That was MY crush dammit.
"why don't you get a girlfriend" is another one of these singles.

Sorry, couldn't resist. =P

come_out_and_play
01-26-2005, 09:16 AM
[Q]Does is piss anyone else off when one of your favorite bands releases a single off of their album that you're really into? For instance, "boulevard of broken dreams" was definately my favorite song off of american idiot, and now it's a single and it's being played on fox commercials and shit. That was MY song dammit.
"why don't you get a job" is another one of these singles.[Q]

i know what you mean i really didnt want the offspring to release spare me the details because i loved it too much lol :D

Tizzalicious
01-26-2005, 09:27 AM
Haha. And I thought this topic was for "singles". *laughs*

teehee, me too :p

Talman
01-26-2005, 09:51 AM
If it's your favourite song off the entire album then chances are other people will like it.
________
Fix Ps3 (http://fixps3.info/)

JohnnyNemesis
01-26-2005, 09:53 AM
Does is piss anyone else off when one of your favorite bands releases a single off of their album that you're really into? For instance, "boulevard of broken dreams" was definately my favorite song off of american idiot, and now it's a single and it's being played on fox commercials and shit. That was MY song dammit.
"why don't you get a job" is another one of these singles.

I think you care too much about what other people like and think. None of the songs are "your" song.

JoY
01-26-2005, 09:54 AM
I had that with almost every single Red Hot Chilli Pepper-song, it annoyed the hell out of me.

Little_Miss_1565
01-26-2005, 11:22 AM
When it comes down to it, singles and releasing awesome songs from albums as singles are the most important means of getting the word out about the album so that people go out and buy it, ESPECIALLY for bands on major labels such as Green Day and of course Offspring. If you complain about such bands releasing good singles to radio, TV, movies, etc., then you might as well complain about them continuing their musical career.

If you stop paying attention to mainstream media, then your favorite song doesn't seem overplayed. Listen to and support your local college or non-commercial radio station.

Hysteria
01-26-2005, 11:31 AM
Does is piss anyone else off when one of your favorite bands releases a single off of their album that you're really into? For instance, "boulevard of broken dreams" was definately my favorite song off of american idiot, and now it's a single and it's being played on fox commercials and shit.

I lke it actually, means I can get videos of them performing it live, which I like watching.

Nina
01-26-2005, 11:36 AM
actually, i dont like it either when my favorite song
off an album is released, but not because of the reason
which was mentioned...but because there is a high
risk for it to be overplayed, and i cannot stand that
at all. happened with "nobody's home" (excuse the
lack of "punkROCK" in my taste of music)...i liked it
so much, but when it came out i kept hearing it. i'm
not too keen on that.

JohnnyNemesis
01-26-2005, 11:52 AM
I sometimes like when my favorite songs are released as singles because that means that a music video is on its way. And music videos can be very entertaining.

Unfortunately, it's rare that my favorite songs get released as singles. But it's very fun when it does happen.

Examples: Toxicity and Aerials by System Of A Down, The Meaning Of Life by The Offspring, Two Words by Kanye West, and Agenda Suicide by The Faint.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-26-2005, 11:53 AM
This very same thing happened to me with Rainmaker from Iron Maiden. Though thankfully it wasn't overplayed, the video just sucked.

original_prankster
01-26-2005, 12:38 PM
I don't like the fact that they made This Fire by Franz Ferdinand a single. That is my favorite song by them, and now it's gonna be played over and over again.

Subsidal
01-30-2005, 02:35 AM
Yeah, that always annoyed me, but I got over it. Shit on what the people like and if it's palying everywhere. You don't need to listen to it.