PDA

View Full Version : Was I being a jerk?

Desperado
06-20-2009, 04:57 PM
I was hanging out with my two friends yesterday. We weren't doing anything important, just chilling, you know, TV and stuff. Suddenly this girl calls me and ask if me and my two friends want to go for ice cream. The girl had two other people in that car, that were also friends with the two friends I was hanging out with. So we were all friends with each other, all six of us. I said "sure", because it was more fun than doing nothing at my friend's house, right? So when she pulled in his driveway, I got in the car but my two friends didn't want to get in. We all begged and pleaded for them to get in, but they didn't. So I ended up going for ice cream while they stayed home. I returned to my friend's an hour later.

That night I felt pretty bad about just leaving them like that so I went on AIM and apologized. One friend was totally cool with it and said that he didn't care. The other was pretty upset, he was trying to refute everything I was saying, making a big deal out of the whole thing and simply would not accept my apology. But I'm kinda mad at them because they were friends with the people in the car and they didn't come; he's mad at me for accepting her invitation to get ice cream in the first place.

What do you think? I simply thought it would be fun to go out with them, but I guess I was wrong.

mynamewastaken
06-20-2009, 06:03 PM
ur not a jerk. he's the one who didn't want to go.

Budzy
06-21-2009, 01:58 AM
Your friend needs to grow a pair.

Outerspaceman21
06-21-2009, 02:34 AM
Naw, dude. Some people just get pissy over stupid things. Let him cool off for a day or two and then talk to him. If he still is upset, let him be. If your friendship is ruined over something like that, then let it be. Don't worry about it.

Free?
06-21-2009, 02:51 AM
You're not a jerk, you're Tyler Durden.

Human
06-21-2009, 02:58 AM
You're not a jerk, you're Tyler Durden.

This is win. ^^

Autonomist
06-21-2009, 05:06 AM
You're not a jerk but your friend is definitely a fucking pussy.

Desperado
06-21-2009, 02:31 PM
OMG I'm on AIM and he's STILL talking about it, I'm like dude let's just forget about it I'm sorry and he's all just saying EVERYTHING to make me look like I was being a total asshole. UGH why is he so LAME?

Desperado
06-21-2009, 02:42 PM
I mean I should have asked my two friends if they wanted to be beforehand, right? That's why I apologized but my one friend isn't letting it go, I called him a pussy and now I'm afraid we're no longer friends. He was mad that I didn't bring any ice cream back and I said I didn't get him any because he didn't deserve it. He said he did because he invited me to his house and I ate there a lot.

nameless
06-21-2009, 03:40 PM
maybe he saw it as you went to his house then kinda left for a better offer, in this case ice cream, then went back.

some people are funny like that and get worked up over basically nothing. i could understand if you just took off without inviting them but, the only other thing you could have done is told them before hand. it doesnt really seem you did anything majorly wrong!

Grimesy da Offspringfan
06-21-2009, 03:49 PM
The "other friend" is pathetic wuss, that's all. And LOL at Free?'s post.

nameless
06-23-2009, 03:34 PM
have you sorted it out with them yet?!

findout5
06-24-2009, 06:23 AM
You prefered to go for ice cream with a chick, instead of hanging out with 2 buddies? Good for you! :D They'll get over it...like tomorrow!

dexter12296566
07-02-2009, 07:09 PM
i read some one saying ur always being a jerk

PedroACastro
07-02-2009, 07:30 PM
if your friend stays mad at you you we're right for calling him a pussy. anyway just let him cool off for a while and he'll forget about it. besides your other friend didn't mind. and i would do the same in your shoes, ice cream ftw