PDA

View Full Version : Help me get this video removed off of Youtube

Reamwolf
06-21-2009, 12:05 AM
SOMEONE PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD
My medicine wore off yesterday before I made this thread, meaning that I acted before I thought.
Thank you.

I am very sorry if this is any inconvenience to you. I'm sorry if I made any of you mad. I hope that this wont happen again.

Apathy
06-21-2009, 01:23 AM
When I first saw this, I thought about helping you.

I'm all for fighting against animal abuses, and I absolutely hate it when people take pictures of killing cats, etc.

But this...I've seen this before. On television. It's a freaking commercial. Millions of people have seen this between watching friends and seinfeld. Sure.. it's a bit shocking, but you may be a tad too sensitive if it's bothering you. There's terrible terrible stuff out there, and this isn't it.
In fact, here's the other commercial that they aired along with it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGbjVqLoz3I&feature=related
But because you took offense to the first one, I probably wouldn't click that either.

edit: surely you understand that it is fake?

Reamwolf
06-21-2009, 01:25 AM
*sigh*
Yes, that's why I said people shouldn't Joke about that. It's Not funny. At all. It shouldn't be a commercial.
Actually, yes, I know there is worse out there.
Look here: http://www.snopes.com/photos/gruesome/crushvideo.asp
I originally saw those pictures. I'm actually not a sensitive soul.... I laughed at a video of a man commiting suicide. I laugh at a lot of things you find disturbing. Its just plain wrong.

meep123
06-21-2009, 01:28 AM
there is no kidding about animal abuse
:mad:

Reamwolf
06-21-2009, 01:33 AM

thanks meep.
I am very touchy when it comes to animal Abuse. I volunteered an entire summer at my local Animal Shelter and worked only with the cats. I became so attached to them. Only Heartless people could even JOKE about something like this.

Apathy
06-21-2009, 02:02 AM
...Alright. Let me put this in perspective for you.

Its safe to assume you listen to the Offspring. Judging from your post count in the GOD forum, you probably rather like them. Your User profile and signature both convey this.

In fact, they very well may be your favorite band.

Meaning of course, that you are probably familiar with their entire catalouge. Then of course I'm sure you'd be aware that if you took a poll in the GOD forum the song "Beheaded" would arise as a popular cult classic from the first few albums. (And that's a stretch as a cult classic, because I'm willing to bet ANY offspring song is more popular than you'd understand)

HOWEVER. This song, written by the band you love so very much, jokingly describes in graphic detail the beheading of parents, girlfriends, and just about anyone. HUMAN BEINGS. Doesn't the chourus feature the line "Bloody Mess All over my clothes"? Yet, you are so offended by this commerical, which was deemed appropriate for the extremely censored mainstream American lifestyle, that in a highly toned down matter essentially plays the same joke as the Offspring song?

Think about it. It's a cat. Minimal gore, if any at all. The offspring describe heads plopping in wicker baskets. EVEN if you make the argument that you don't like the song, it's irrelevant. You still love the offspring. Now your knowledge of it's existence should persuade you to not listen to them, just as your knowledge of an easily avoidable commerical persuades you to attempt to remove it from youtube (where, videos about ten thousand times worse are watched by the hour)

Saying that you have to be heartless to joke about this is such a blind way of looking at things. I TOO have volunteered at a shelter. I share my home with three cats. I even browse pictures of cats on the internet.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d14/asdcfrewq/sooooo_cute.jpg

Cutest shit I've ever seen. You can't argue with that. But, I still find this video funny. Why? Because I am mature enough to understand that it is a joke. I am responsible enough to understand that means that this would be a very bad idea to transfer to a real situation. And I am savvy enough to know that no amount of complaining about virgin eyes will ever get something as safe as this removed from youtube.

Also, I don't believe for one second your little second account you have made there. The only other user to visit his page was you, the only comment on his page is you, it was made the day he registered, and his first freaking post was in this thread sandwiched right between your two replies!

Conclusion: You lead a sheltered life. Go to the library where your mom doesn't have parental resitrictions. Watch an R-rated movie at your friends house. Go play some violent video games. Develop a compartmentalizing system in your brain that is able to distinguish between real-life and fantasy. You Will Thank Me.

If this all fails, you still have one option. I have not actually listened to The Offspring in about three years, but I am still reminded of the Disclaimer. If you are a offended-just don't listen to it.

Reamwolf
06-21-2009, 02:05 AM
*shrugs*
Beheaded is actually one of my favorites
But whatever. You believe what you want

Apathy
06-21-2009, 02:09 AM
I believe you're a hypocrite.
I believe you're a fool.
I believe I am wasting too much time trying to explain this to you.
I believe this verifies the irony of my username.
I believe that if you read over this thread in ten years you will wish you never acted like this.

Reamwolf
06-21-2009, 02:10 AM
I believe you're a hypocrite.
I believe you're a fool.
I believe I am wasting too much time trying to explain this to you.
I believe this verifies the irony of my username.
I believe that if you read over this thread in ten years you will wish you never acted like this.

And I agree with you.
Now, I know Im a hypocrite. Everyone is.
I know I am a fool, who isn't?

Apathy
06-21-2009, 02:14 AM
All I have left to say is that you remind me of myself circa 2005.

Reamwolf
06-21-2009, 02:18 AM
All I have left to say is that you remind me of myself circa 2005.

To be honest with you, I wish I hadn't made this thread. I incorrectly titled it. Honestly, its not about the video, its about animal rights.

ad8
06-21-2009, 02:18 AM
Apathy, I think there's a huge difference between the lyrics of Beheaded and the graphic experience of watching that video. Also, I find it way easier to joke about people than about animals getting killed.

Budzy
06-21-2009, 02:19 AM
If you don't like it don't watch it...

Harleyquiiinn
06-21-2009, 02:20 AM
Reamwolf> You can edit the title by Editing your first message and then click on "Go advanced" :)

Reamwolf
06-21-2009, 02:20 AM
Reamwolf> You can edit the title by Editing your first message and then click on "Go advanced" :)

Thanks
Im still a Newbie.
XD

WebDudette
06-21-2009, 02:25 AM
Humans > Animals

Yeah, pretty much. I too am sickened by animal abuse, but nothing is worse then abused women and children.

Out of all the videos on youtube, why that one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DGI78K-vRg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7uTEZxpVHU

Reamwolf
06-21-2009, 02:28 AM
Humans > Animals

Yeah, pretty much. I too am sickened by animal abuse, but nothing is worse then abused women and children.

Out of all the videos on youtube, why that one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DGI78K-vRg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7uTEZxpVHU

that is just.... Wrong
And yes, I hate to see abused women and Children too

Outerspaceman21
06-21-2009, 02:40 AM
As a dude raised with tremendous love and respect for animals, as well as being the owner of a cat, I find that commercial disgusting. I couldn't find any advertisement whatsoever other then the sunroof has the capacity to behead cats. Jesus fucking christ, what is the reason for that?

Reamwolf
06-21-2009, 02:43 AM
As a dude raised with tremendous love and respect for animals, as well as being the owner of a cat, I find that commercial disgusting. I couldn't find any advertisement whatsoever other then the sunroof has the capacity to behead cats. Jesus fucking christ, what is the reason for that?

*nods*
I have four cats at home. I absolutely LOVE each one. I will cry on the day they die. And days after that. One of them acts like she is my mom. She grooms people, then loves all over them. How could anyone find it funny?

Human
06-21-2009, 02:47 AM
I understand why you're upset about it, but it shouldn't be something you put so much energy towards. It is fake, and yeah its not too funny to me either, but its one of those things you just get over. It doesn't matter all that much. It hasn't had any negative affect on anyone or anything, except for the people who get angry about it.

Seeing a cat get killed isn't going to influence anyone to abuse their animals for the most part. If someone hurts animals and other things, it is because of their own weird issues, not a commercial.

Showing a cat being fake killed on television or youtube isn't going to change animal rights.

By the way, I have cats too and have had them all of my life, the commercial is gross but doesn't have much of an effect on me.

Reamwolf
06-21-2009, 02:51 AM
I understand why you're upset about it, but it shouldn't be something you put so much energy towards. It is fake, and yeah its not too funny to me either, but its one of those things you just get over. It doesn't matter all that much. It hasn't had any negative affect on anyone or anything, except for the people who get angry about it.

Seeing a cat get killed isn't going to influence anyone to abuse their animals for the most part. If someone hurts animals and other things, it is because of their own weird issues, not a commercial.

Showing a cat being fake killed on television or youtube isn't going to change animal rights.

By the way, I have cats too and have had them all of my life, the commercial is gross but doesn't have much of an effect on me.

It is gross, and I stated that this thread was incorrectly titled.

Budzy
06-21-2009, 02:54 AM
*nods*
I have four cats at home. I absolutely LOVE each one. I will cry on the day they die. And days after that. One of them acts like she is my mom. She grooms people, then loves all over them. How could anyone find it funny?

This is the problem, your a cat lover.

Reamwolf
06-21-2009, 02:57 AM
This is the problem, your a cat lover.

You could say that, but, I prefer wolves over cats. Anyway, I have stated twice now, this is about animal Abuse. Not that video. I actually am over that video. Its another video, I posted the link in the second post. That is beyond Disturbing.

Human
06-21-2009, 03:05 AM
Its another video, I posted the link in the second post. That is beyond Disturbing.

There are always going to be disturbing things like that. There are animal rights, sure not everyone who hurts one gets prosecuted or punished, but it is illegal to hurt an animal, that is why we have the ASPCA. All of the laws and rights in the world couldn't stop animal abuse though, which many fail to see. There will always be people with sick minds who choose to hurt animals. Yeah we can spread awareness about it, and that may help a little bit, but bitching about videos isn't going to help at all.

Changing the thread to just being about animal rights isn't going to help either. Just saying "no on animal abuse" will not change anything.

Endymion
06-21-2009, 03:32 AM
if using this sort of imagery bothers you so much, why don't you start a petition against the advertising agency that made the commercial rather than a copy of the commercial on youtube? you know, the whole root of the problem thing.

Rutegard
06-21-2009, 06:21 AM

clap clap clap

(i'm fucking serious)

ninthz
06-21-2009, 09:08 AM
I want to watch Caligula with this kid.

Outerspaceman21
06-21-2009, 02:23 PM
clap clap clap

(i'm fucking serious)

I think I already knew your stance

holland25
06-21-2009, 02:25 PM
*Officially hates Reamwolf* from now.

Rutegard
06-21-2009, 02:26 PM
I think I already knew your stance

yes, yes :)

Reamwolf
06-21-2009, 02:32 PM
Actually, I think my medicine wore off yesterday.
XD
Could someone delete this thread. I Regret making it. DX
Now that I have my right mind I realize how childish I acted yesterday.
Sorry everyone.
MY fault!
I take all the blame.
I'm sorry if I made any of you mad.

holland25
06-21-2009, 02:53 PM
*Stops hating Reamwolf*

Reamwolf
06-21-2009, 02:57 PM
*Stops hating Reamwolf*

Thank you. I really am sorry for this. I wish my medicine would have lasted longer. I am extremely sorry for this mess.