PDA

View Full Version : When in the Course

IamSam
06-21-2009, 01:42 AM
When in the Course of human events a group of people forms bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to this bonding.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all posters are not created equal, that they are not endowed by the internet with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are stalking, trolling, and the pursuit of stupidity. That to banish these rights, moderators are instituted among posters, deriving their just powers from the consent of the administration, -- That whenever this Form of Moderation becomes destructive to the Administration, it is the Right of the Administration to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Moderation, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect the Administration's Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Moderation long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that Moderators are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations by posters, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Insanity, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Sillyness, and to provide Safety and Harmony for the BBS's future security by banning those that are a threat to Board Security. -- Such has been the patient and impatient sufferance of these Moderators; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to hold fast to their Systems of Moderation.

ad8
06-21-2009, 01:48 AM
Plus these boards are free and privately run so no one can claim any rights for the moderation he/she wants.

Also, can't these threads just end?

Budzy
06-21-2009, 01:52 AM
I didn't know such words even existed in the English language.

Duskygrin
06-21-2009, 02:44 AM
You mean you're Australian?

Offspring-Junkie
07-02-2009, 10:14 AM
I didn't know such words even existed in the English language.
First: Lol
Second: I was confused myself although I'm not that bad in English.

You mean you're Australian?
Just lol.

T-6005
07-02-2009, 10:45 AM
Needs moar founding mods.

Rag Doll
07-02-2009, 10:46 AM
holyshit i just read this. luv4u!!!