PDA

View Full Version : What happened in Chicago?

TakesMeNowhere28
06-21-2009, 08:05 PM
I saw a video someone took of the band starting Bad Habit but Dexter stopped the song shortly after he starting singing and told the audience to take care of each other or something. What went down?

Hallahadebra
06-22-2009, 01:14 AM
nothing really, few people got hurt in the mosh pits. one person was taken away on a stretcher during the dropkick murphys performance, just figured he didn't want to see that happen again as there was some blood flying about.

the_real_potomek
06-22-2009, 02:03 AM
Aw, I think it's cool that he cares about what's happening with people on audience.

Beheaded
06-22-2009, 02:59 AM
It's totally great that he did this.

See here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IzFtjiNC4c

slagod
06-22-2009, 03:44 AM
but what happened next?
Did they start playing Bad Habit from the beginning or they just started playing the next song? :)

hshduppsnt
06-22-2009, 04:55 AM
but what happened next?
Did they start playing Bad Habit from the beginning or they just started playing the next song? :)

restarted song from "drivers are rude..."

slagod
06-22-2009, 05:30 AM
Restarted? They even did not get to this point of the song :( I don't get

hshduppsnt
06-22-2009, 05:47 AM
Restarted? They even did not get to this point of the song :( I don't get

good point - I phrased it improperly - I guess because of how much time the Dropkick Murphy's incident took as well - and that they cut off in what I recall to be somewhere around the 2nd verse - they just picked up the song again at an Easy point - for all the instruments they'd need a count off so might as well restart - but at the "drivers are rude..." its only dexter singing along with the crowd anyway and they didn't want to have the poor people of chicago miss out on yelling everyone's favorite line.

It was actually a clever way of getting the crowd back into it fast.

slagod
06-22-2009, 06:21 AM
That's sad :(
In my opinion they definitely should start the song from the beginning.
On every rock perform I've ever been and the band stopped playing
they always restarted from the song beginning

TakesMeNowhere28
06-22-2009, 08:21 AM
This is why I didn't get tickets in the pit.

RyanSabotage
06-23-2009, 01:42 AM
huh?
they should kept playing and didn't stop
at least make the message a little later in the song..

people get hurt all the time in the pit, hence the name
should got regular seat tickets then..

Beheaded
06-23-2009, 01:45 AM
I hope the next time on a concert, someone will hurt you as hard as possible so you can't stand up alone!!!

Harleyquiiinn
06-23-2009, 01:45 AM
Yes, let them be stepped on and die. They bought tickets in the pit, they took the risk....:D

You know, I always get tickets in the pit 'cause they are cheaper, and also because it is usually a bit funnier, doesn't mean that I want to go out of it all bruised...

RyanSabotage
06-23-2009, 01:39 PM
I hope the next time on a concert, someone will hurt you as hard as possible so you can't stand up alone!!!

i sure hope so too!:D

bobaz18
06-23-2009, 03:11 PM
I was in the pit the whole time. I don't mind being bruised and bloody. It was great fun and i saw the kid that got hurt during bad habit. He didnt even get hurt or anything. Just fainted and fell on his face. lol

KHWHD
06-23-2009, 07:11 PM
You know, I always get tickets in the pit 'cause they are cheaper

Huh?? Not here they weren't.

Little_Miss_1565
06-23-2009, 07:28 PM
huh?

Sometimes people want to get their mosh on but not die. If you die, you lose a very valuable part of your life, you know. ;) It's funny, I've been to loads of metal shows where the pit gets mega rough but no one leaves in an ambulance. Even at Lamb of God. One of the openers had the biggest circle pit I've seen in the last several years and no one got hurt. Do metal kids have more pit hospitality? (Cue quote from 'Clueless'.) I dunno. But people get hurt in pits when no one looks out for the people around them. If the person next to you falls, pick them the hell up! Dexter wasn't even in the pit but he had the most pit hospitality there. That Dexter. He's a mensch.

You know, I always get tickets in the pit 'cause they are cheaper

Really?! Like Shank said, those tickets are usually the most expensive here.

Harleyquiiinn
06-23-2009, 11:36 PM
Huh?? Not here they weren't.

Maybe not at that show but they usually are... In france, at least...:)

LM> Really ? that's strange ! here I guess this is the logic of "you don't have a seat, you maybe won't see the band as good as you would have if you did, so the tickets are cheaper..."

Why would the pit be more expensive ??? :confused:

Edit with an example: yes I could have found a better one, wasn't inspired :D

http://www.fnacspectacles.com/processreservation/disponibilite.do

Fosse means pit => 67 €
"Gradin" with seats => 99 €

IamSam
06-23-2009, 11:46 PM
Harley that's crazy! Should happen here....hmmm...

jacknife737
06-23-2009, 11:56 PM
Why would the pit be more expensive ??? :confused:

1) You're closer to the band.
2) Most of the fun, at a "punk" show is jumping around, ect. Hard to do that in a seat. A lot of people prefer the experience of a general admission area.

huh?

The point of the pit was to have fun, not hurt people. Getting trampled on isn't much fun...... plus this is an Offspring show we're talking about here, not a Black Flag gig, circa 1984.

Harleyquiiinn
06-24-2009, 12:10 AM
1) You're closer to the band.
2) Most of the fun, at a "punk" show is jumping around, ect. Hard to do that in a seat. A lot of people prefer the experience of a general admission area.

The point of the pit was to have fun, not hurt people. Getting trampled on isn't much fun...... plus this is an Offspring show we're talking about here, not a Black Flag gig, circa 1984.

Yes it's the same here, the pit is funnier... But that's the logic for us, not for the one owning the venues... I really really don't understand why you should pay more if you have less comfort... This is really just to make you pay more and doesn't have a real reason. As you said, people making the price understood that we prefer the pit and make you pay more but that is really unfair and unjustified IMO.

But well, usually, in the parisian small/middle (actually even the big ones sometimes...) venues, the price is the same and you just choose if you want to go in the pit or not when you arrive, or during the concert...

I had no idea that it was different in the US :eek:

RyanSabotage
06-24-2009, 11:21 PM
Sometimes people want to get their mosh on but not die. If you die, you lose a very valuable part of your life, you know. ;) It's funny, I've been to loads of metal shows where the pit gets mega rough but no one leaves in an ambulance. Even at Lamb of God. One of the openers had the biggest circle pit I've seen in the last several years and no one got hurt. Do metal kids have more pit hospitality? (Cue quote from 'Clueless'.) I dunno. But people get hurt in pits when no one looks out for the people around them. If the person next to you falls, pick them the hell up! Dexter wasn't even in the pit but he had the most pit hospitality there. That Dexter. He's a mensch.

yeah, i hear ya
but, if something happens, it happens, bad luck i guess
whatever, people should keep active and not stand around in a pit like an idiot

RyanSabotage
06-24-2009, 11:28 PM
plus this is an Offspring show we're talking about here, not a Black Flag gig, circa 1984.

offspring wasn't far from that scene back in the day at all
so what

jumping on top of people and pushing and shoving
in a positive manner is fun, nobody is angry at each other or nothing
its almost therapeutical

bobaz18
06-25-2009, 03:27 PM

People picked up others whenever they fell over, i was in the pit the whole time...