PDA

View Full Version : best buy

come out swinging
06-21-2009, 08:02 PM
a few years ago, my mom purchased a laptop for me as a graduation present and bought the 3 yr warrenty. The following things happened to it. Fan broke, battery accessory broke so they sent me a new one and that was defected one, few keys broke off, purchased 1gb of ram and it wont read the rginal 512mb even tho the laptop can handle 2gb, over 120 errors in 3 months, many programs crashing for no reason. I was tired of how the laptop was performing and best buy ran some test on it and my motha board was bad. So it took 3 weeks to get it looked at since they dont replace really anything at the store. So after 3 weeks i get a call saying my laptop was ready to be picked up. I go and pick it up and the notes saying they found nothing wrong with it. I told the geek squad lady there is something wrong here. I told her bout the ram on how it wont read the 1gb and the 512mb together. She turns my computer on and it wont boot. AN error pops up saying failure to boot. Im said to her, are you kidding me, your company had my laptop for 3 weeks and they never looked at it. I am behind in my school work cuz i need a computer to do my cnc programing and need it for my music projects that im behind in. So she told me they they are going to resend it out and she wrote on the notes, motha board is bad, dont send back till fixed. the estimated time for it to be fixed is another 3 weeks. I told her bout i cant keep trying to find some1 computer to do my hw. Your company did a horrible job and im the one who is suffering. I left the store mad. The next day i went back to the store to file a compliant and how my laptop handled. The manager did not was not interested at all. I called my mom up and told her what just happened and how i was treated. To make a long story short, she let them have it. Dont mess with momma duke. I get home from work yesterday and my mom told me that she got call saying they are giving me a new computer and that they only want me to show up the store to get cuz they know my mom will let them have it again. She told me who she talked to. I called the store and asked the person who my mom talked to and the name the person told my mom, does not work there, however they know they are to give me a new laptop. So i drive down and i told them lets get down to business. The offer me a dell inspiron laptop. I told ok, and i asked i need my old laptop to get the rest of miles files off the hard drive and the 1gb that i purchased. The guy proceeds to tell me we are giving u this new laptop, it is better than your last one with 3gb ram, you declined us backing the hard drive up. I told him your store just called me today bout the new laptop cuz of all the problems i been having. and how the hell could i get my files and and 1gb off the laptop when it is shipped out. The hard drive i dont care but but the 1gb i do cuz that never came with the laptop. Thats my personal property. The guy saids we are not guarantee the hard drive back cuz its going to prob erased and for the 1gb we are not guarantee you will get back it but we are making a note of it. That pissed me off big time. The said in bout 2-3 weeks the laptop will come back and we let you know bout the hard drive files and the 1gb. I said ok, and i put my hand out to shake the guys hand he walked away. Did not even want to shake me hand. Fucking asshole. If they dont give me my 1gb ram back in the time frame they said i will be writing a letter and it will be in several newspapers.

I will never buy anything at that store again

Human
06-21-2009, 09:03 PM
I read most of that but not all, and I've also had problems with Best Buy. Everything I get from there breaks within a year or less. The programs they recommend to help you with your computer also aren't too great, and really expensive. You should get a professional computer person to help you out that isn't from Best Buy. I've done more work on my computer from there than they have, and I'm awful with electronics.

Apathy
06-21-2009, 09:10 PM
I do not like you very much.

TakesMeNowhere28
06-21-2009, 09:13 PM
I don't trust laptops period. I would never own one even if I had no other choice. A lot of people think they're easier, but with what little experience I've had with laptops, they are much more of a pain than a regular computer. Sorry to hear you had such a horrible experience. Some people just take no pride in their work and make no effort to please customers. For future reference, don't buy a computer or laptop from a place that sells a variety of stuff like movies, music, TV's, etc. Go to a place that works strictly with computers and video game systems. They have more knowledgable workers who aren't too lazy to figure out any problems you would end up having. I never buy electronic stuff whenever I go to a Best Buy. I just look at movies and music. That's it. Best Buy isn't good for anything else. Take care and I hope that asshole that wouldn't shake your hand ends up going through all the bullshit you had to go through.

RickyCrack
06-21-2009, 09:13 PM
stores are gay.

Thomas
06-21-2009, 09:55 PM
tl;dr

paragraphs, plz?

_Lost_
06-21-2009, 10:13 PM
I've been fortunate enough to not have to bring anything back to bestbuy, but the only electronic i own from them is my digital camcorder. since its got a harddrive instead of tapes or discs, there are no moving parts and thus less can go wrong with it.

my mac was bought directly from apple. nice thing about them is that since there are the apple stores nearby, most issues can be fixed in-store since that is all they do. fortunately, the only issue i've had so far is the latch stopped working for a while. it was self fixing. the newest macs don't have latches like most pcs now.

actually, i think the fan might be broken. i don't hear it come on anymore, but its never overheated so all is good. maybe when i have money again, i'll take it to the mac store to have them check the fan.

Oxygene
06-22-2009, 01:44 AM
since its got a harddrive instead of tapes or discs, there are no moving parts

hehehehe so if there are no moving parts how is the harddrive read? :) Or did u mean flashmemory or ssd or something?

Outerspaceman21
06-22-2009, 08:18 AM
That sucks. I feel your pain, bro.

m.offspring.r
06-22-2009, 09:00 AM
When I started reading this text, i thought the user is a bot LOOOL

Bad day, no? S*** happens... Sometimes, "The cheap comes out expensive!"

Rag Doll
06-22-2009, 11:48 AM
Bought my mens a dvd player there that died in less than a year.