PDA

View Full Version : Washington Metro Crash

Oxygene
06-23-2009, 02:21 AM
So,

There was a huge accident on the red line in DC, which I take frequently whenever I'm in the states, seeing as where I stayed was about a 2 minute walk away from the Friendship Heights station on the DC Chevy Chase border...

I'm searching through my usual Hungarian news site and out of the corner of my eyes see the metro and I get all happy ... Hey that's the washington metro I take that whenever I'm states wise.. then my eyes scroll over... big ass accident

FUCK

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/US/06/23/washington.metro.crash/index.html

dammit.

This shit really makes you think 9 dead out of nowhere.. peacfull suburban metro. Bummer.

Harleyquiiinn
06-23-2009, 02:27 AM
Yes this is really crazy... they don't even know what could have happened... Nothing's safe... not even the metro :(

Are there drivers in the Washington metro or is it automatic ?

On another "I die and I don't even know why" news, they may have found the black box of the AF447... Maybe we will finally know what happened...it was kind of crazy here when I heard... "A plane was supposed to arrive at 11 p.m at the Airport but it didn't"...

coke_a_holic
06-23-2009, 02:31 AM
I live on the other side of the Red Line, and it's truly terrifying. Yes, there are drivers on the DC metro, and no, I have no fucking clue what happened or why.

Jesus christ. I take that train to get from my school back to my house...

Harleyquiiinn
06-23-2009, 02:32 AM
Sorry Coke, you must feel weird...

Budzy
06-23-2009, 02:34 AM
Damn metrosexuals.

coke_a_holic
06-23-2009, 02:40 AM
It's okay... I don't know anyone who got hurt/killed on the train. Though, my girlfriend's brother was at the metro station, waiting for that train when it happened, so I'm glad he's alright.

Oxygene
06-23-2009, 02:46 AM
It's okay... I don't know anyone who got hurt/killed on the train. Though, my girlfriend's brother was at the metro station, waiting for that train when it happened, so I'm glad he's alright.

Where do you live like Rockville?

Outerspaceman21
06-23-2009, 08:59 AM
Thats pretty crazy. Glad you weren't on it when it happened.