PDA

View Full Version : Karma

Thomas
06-23-2009, 10:50 PM
What are your thoughts on this? Do you believe in karma? Why or why not?

I, personally, do not. It seems like a lot of times when I do a good deed of some sort, things end up a little worse. Take yesterday, for example. I did some volunteer work at the Salvation Army. On the way home, my car broke down. I've also noticed that a lot of times when I do something that should probably result in bad Karma, things work out just fine. it's just been my experience that the future is going to be what it is going to be, regardless of whether you might have done a good deed in the past or not. I've yet to see any sort of energy or heavenly being reward or punish me for me doings, at least in this lifetime, so I have no reason to believe that such a thing exists.

Maria Cortez
06-23-2009, 11:39 PM
Blah, I don't believe in Karma at all. I really must think its extremely impossible if I do something bad to certain people and then I'll come back to me thirdteen times worst. Erugh...screw that crap; I am a good girl and do my absolute best to help those of need and let the others like mean people or haters or whatever live their lives like I just seem not to give a shit. I do give a fuck about my loved ones though and vice versa.

Well, if you don't believe then good for ya. I can respect that and thank you for sharing that great story with me and or with all of (us).

Isn't there a saying that Karma ia a Bitch or something along the lines? Yikes!

Anyway, I know some of my family relatives do believe in karma but I just back away from it because I can not control my opinions on it and stuff...

RickyCrack
06-24-2009, 12:07 AM
My name is srsly earl dawg.

Adriann
06-24-2009, 12:30 AM
I don't really believe in it but I do know, if you do good things now maybe one will help you in the future, like helping someone move then they owe you something in return etc.

but then again some things just turn out like sht, i.e. the end of Pay It Forward

Harleyquiiinn
06-24-2009, 12:37 AM
I don't really believe in Karma either... I think it is just one of these words that you put on coincidences.

Practical example:

- last month, one of my work colleague has been very mean to me for a couple of days. No specific reason. The next day, she went to the courthouse and broke her leg in the stairs... That could be Karma.

- She was really stressed and tired during that time. She definitely needed some vacation but couldn't take them because of her boss. Breaking her leg was definitely not a good thing but it allowed her to get some rest for 2 weeks and maybe she would have broken down if she had kept going. That could be called Fate.

- The reality is this: She was stressed and tired, that is why she was mean to about everyone. She was putting herself in a hurry all the time becase she was stressed and tired which is why she fell down the stairs. Coincidences.

:cool:

GreenTerror
06-24-2009, 12:39 AM
Right there, the bitch is just mean and clumsy. Shit happens.

I do not believe in Karma, it's all bullshit. Like that phrase "everything happens for a reason". That one really gets on my nerves.

Homer
06-24-2009, 12:51 AM
Right there, the bitch is just mean and clumsy. Shit happens.

I do not believe in Karma, it's all bullshit. Like that phrase "everything happens for a reason". That one really gets on my nerves.

yes

Yes

YES

YESSSSS

Budzy
06-24-2009, 12:58 AM
I don't really believe in it but I do know, if you do good things now maybe one will help you in the future, like helping someone move then they owe you something in return etc.

I agree with this, if whoever you helped out is a half decent human being, they would probably do a favor for you in return sometime in the future.

I don't believe in Karma, but I wish I did.
But then again, if Karma was real, I'd be fucked...:eek:

Jakebert
06-24-2009, 09:37 AM
I believe in fate. It's my destiny.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/images/2008/05/09/lost_lockeshadows1.jpg

Rutegard
06-24-2009, 09:38 AM
i do not believe in such things

wheelchairman
06-25-2009, 05:55 AM
You are all thinking about this way too much, and that's depressing me.

Why would you believe in Karma if you weren't a buddhist who didn't also believe in reincarnation?

I mean no shit bad things happen to you, even if you do good things. That doesn't necessarily disprove the notion of karma (even though I don't believe in it).

The real question is, why on Earth were you thinking about Karma while you were doing good deeds? Doesn't that defeat the purpose or negate the good deed?

WebDudette
06-25-2009, 11:30 AM

Haha, we've talked about this 20x over.

Anyway, I believe in karma in the sense that you just did something horrible to a person, and preoccupied thinking about it you got in a car accident or something. But not the traditional belief.

Little_Miss_1565
06-25-2009, 11:57 AM
Indeed, WCM -- debating karma seems kind of weird if you're not buddhist and thinking about your next life.

But from the buddhist perspective, expecting good things to happen after you do good things defeats the purpose. Besides, karma -- both good and bad -- could come to fruition in this lifetime or several lifetimes from this one. You never know when it might come back to you, and that is supposed to be the incentive not to take the short view of doing good for others.