PDA

View Full Version : Help Pick The Offspring's Set List

ad8
06-25-2009, 12:40 AM
(06/24/09) The band want fans to help pick a song for their set list each night for the remainder of the upcoming US tour dates. So look out for special signs near the merch booth and elsewhere in the venue with details on how you can text in your song selection for the night.
(Source: www.offspring.com -> news)

lol... seems like the band read all the setlist-threads and responded...
I like the thought of Kick Him When He's Down or Session to be played at the upcoming shows:)

MoonTan™
06-25-2009, 01:24 AM
wow this is great :D its good to see the band is listening to their fans..

oh and i totally vote for ill be waiting :D

slagod
06-25-2009, 03:12 AM
Yeah, I hope it will be in force on europen tour :)

If it's really true and band take into consideration fans' will,
it means that The Offspring, in spite a few disadvantage,
is the greatest band in the world! :D

Budzy
06-25-2009, 03:49 AM
Wow, this is amazing. I think they really did respond to our threads.
Holy shit, in some tiny little way, I could actually have an influence on the band.
This will take me one step closer to world domination.

Free?
06-25-2009, 03:50 AM
This is fucking great!

randman21
06-25-2009, 04:14 AM
Maybe I'm disproportionately happy about this, judging by the previous posts...but it's 6 am, and this is easily the best news I will hear all day, possibly all week. Hell, June's almost over, so I'll throw that in, too.

GunForHire
06-25-2009, 10:31 AM
Damn, it's awesome that they actually respect their fans so much to let them pick a setlist. More proof that those guys kick ass :D

MeanBob
06-25-2009, 10:34 AM
That's just awesome for them letting their fans pick the songs

leo3375
06-25-2009, 10:48 AM
They did this in St. Paul last week. Nothing from Ignition or S/T was on the list so I stuck to my "old-school" guns and voted for "Genocide."

Rutegard
06-25-2009, 10:49 AM
This is fucking great!

and i want them to keep doing this from now on :P

Smash_Returns
06-25-2009, 10:59 AM
Yeah, they did it in St. Paul.

Spare Me The Details won, but I voted for Genocide.

KHWHD
06-25-2009, 11:05 AM
Yeah, they did it in St. Paul.

Spare Me The Details won, but I voted for Genocide.

I REALLY hope they play that here if we get to vote cause I think the chances are slim to none that KHWHD will be an option.

SweetTatyana
06-25-2009, 11:17 AM
lol lets rig it shank, we'll make our own box for Kick him when hes down and check it lol

soupy35
06-25-2009, 11:22 AM
(06/24/09) The band want fans to help pick a song for their set list each night for the remainder of the upcoming US tour dates. So look out for special signs near the merch booth and elsewhere in the venue with details on how you can text in your song selection for the night.
(Source: www.offspring.com -> news)

lol... seems like the band read all the setlist-threads and responded...
I like the thought of Kick Him When He's Down or Session to be played at the upcoming shows:)

You read my mind. just saw them in Calgary on the 12th, great show. Something from Ignition would have been over the top. They did play "Mota" though which was a nice surprise. Here's to hearing Session or Dirty Magic at an Offspring concert near you !!!

KHWHD
06-25-2009, 11:23 AM
lol lets rig it shank, we'll make our own box for Kick him when hes down and check it lol

Right on! All of us BBS'ers meeting up will ALL do it! LOL :D ;)

randman21
06-25-2009, 01:47 PM
Oh, I didn't realize they'd already tried this. So you vote for the song right there at the show, and they play the winner that night?

Smash_Returns
06-25-2009, 02:33 PM
Yeah, you send a text to a certain number to vote for a song, they had a list posted in St. Paul of songs and numbers.

RageAndLov
06-25-2009, 03:02 PM
They have heard our prayers!

I wish this will happen in Europe too. Get It Right FTW!

hshduppsnt
06-25-2009, 03:07 PM
they did this in chicago, played Mota
(though I was voting for lightning rod myself)

EDIT: It's a freakin awesome idea.
what we SHOULD do is have someone post on the board so we can help vote a specific song

randman21
06-25-2009, 03:14 PM
they did this in chicago, played Mota
(though I was voting for lightning rod myself)

Wow, you went all the way to Chicago to see 'em? I thought my and Lost's NC-to-Nashville trip was something. *bows down*

EDIT: It's a freakin awesome idea.
what we SHOULD do is have someone post on the board so we can help vote a specific song
Genius! I was trying to think of a way to make something like that happen, but that never came to my mind. We should definitely do this.

Hombre316
06-25-2009, 09:06 PM
I went to the cleveland show and ya... they played two songs from the vote list... one of them was gotta get away, which was a no brainer that it was gonna get votes. the other fan pick was walla walla. we had the choice of session, and mota, and i think even genocide, as well as cant repeat and spare me the details...and the idiots in the crowd voted for walla walla. me and my friends were pissed. we wanted session.

renato piquette
06-25-2009, 09:34 PM
they should add more songs to the vote list

KHWHD
06-25-2009, 09:36 PM
they should add more songs to the vote list

Oh, Oh, I know 1!!!!!!! :D ;)

derangedperson
06-25-2009, 10:56 PM
I'm voting for One Fine Day at Summerfest.

SuperKnux
06-26-2009, 01:49 AM

This could best be executed through Twitter. (During my two Offspring outings this year, I twittered both nights through my phone.) This gives us instant news.

Like, if somebody takes a picture of the "Vote Sign" with the numbers and send it through their Twitter we can all help em' out or vote for the best song without being at the show. (I would think it'd be easier to do this instead of trying to log on the BBS during the night of the show.)

_Lost_
06-26-2009, 03:52 AM
Was Defy You on the list??

If not, I'm soooo voting for Can't Repeat! I would kill to hear that song live.

I'd kill 2-5 times in order to hear Defy You though.

Rutegard
06-26-2009, 04:07 AM
i don't even know wut's the big deal about defy you, and what about crossroads? that would be epic!

The Search Button
06-26-2009, 04:39 AM
Because Defy You is badass, and Crossroads kinda gay.

Or maybe Crossroads is badass and Defy You gay.

I don't know, I'm confused. Lets settle that both songs are badass.

Play both! Play'em all!!!

Rutegard
06-26-2009, 04:40 AM
Play both! Play'em all!!!

this. :D .............