PDA

View Full Version : Farrah Fawcett is DEAD

_Lost_
06-25-2009, 09:12 PM
Yeah okay... so from what I heard, when they first discovered the cancer (when it was totally treatable and would probably go into remission) she refused chemo because she didn't want to lose her hair. Instead, she went to Germany for some radical alternative treatment where they injected shit into the tumors to "dissolve" them. Obviously that was the wrong choice.

KHWHD
06-25-2009, 09:13 PM
Yeah, it's been a really shitty week for deaths. :(

ninthz
06-25-2009, 09:20 PM
Bitch got upstaged by MJ.

Maria Cortez
06-25-2009, 09:48 PM
she's hella fucken hawt :o :o :o :o

GreenTerror
06-25-2009, 09:58 PM
She WAS hella fuckin hot.

I mean, unless you're into that kind of thing. Weirdo.

Maria Cortez
06-25-2009, 10:00 PM
me a weirdo? yikes! XD

brothadave79
06-25-2009, 10:12 PM
Yeah okay... so from what I heard, when they first discovered the cancer (when it was totally treatable and would probably go into remission) she refused chemo because she didn't want to lose her hair. Instead, she went to Germany for some radical alternative treatment where they injected shit into the tumors to "dissolve" them. Obviously that was the wrong choice.

Yikes?! Really? And they kept saying she was a role model for those with cancer...

Incidentally, that reminds me of a book I read recently for a presentation for one of my grad classes about two Russian microbiologists who thought they discovered a toxin produced by a parasite that dissolved carcinomas. Turns out it didn't really work out.

Outerspaceman21
06-26-2009, 12:55 AM
Poor poor Farrah

Thomas
06-26-2009, 01:24 AM
She WAS hella fuckin hot.

I mean, unless you're into that kind of thing. Weirdo.

I agree. And I'm totally into that.

I can't believe I remember that after these years, dude. =P

SuperKnux
06-26-2009, 02:00 AM
Not to get off subject here, but I can't believe the "celeb death topics" in the BBS have remained so consistant: "insert name is DEAD"

It's kinda funny.

Hypodermic_89
06-26-2009, 02:31 AM
First Farah, now Michael. They say that bad things come in three's.

I hope Paris Hilton is next.

_Lost_
06-26-2009, 03:34 AM
Not to get off subject here, but I can't believe the "celeb death topics" in the BBS have remained so consistant: "insert name is DEAD"

It's kinda funny.

Intentional.

WebDudette
06-26-2009, 03:37 AM
First Farah, now Michael. They say that bad things come in three's.

I hope Paris Hilton is next.

Uh... no. Ed McMahon.

Offspring-Junkie
06-26-2009, 03:55 AM
If I could guess I'd say that Pete Doherty or Amy Winehouse die next. Or both at once. With that kind of lifestyle...

SweetTatyana
06-26-2009, 08:42 AM

That's not true actually, she did go through chemotherapy and it worked initially and she was cancer free. Then the cancer came back (and also spread to the liver) and doctors wanted to perform a form of radiation that is very potent and harsh, which would require her to get a colostomy - which is much worse than just losing your hair! That is what she refused and then went to Germany.
You'd would have to be incredibly vain to pick your hair over your chance for survival. Chemo is also weird with hairloss because some people don't lose it with heavier doses and some do with lighter doses. My mom for example have cancer twice and I can't remember what stage it was but it was late 2 or early 3 and she never lost her hair whereas my aunt caught it in super early phases and she lost hers.

T-6005
06-26-2009, 09:56 AM
SweetTatyana always knows everything about everything.

So I just wait until she posts to figure out what's going on.

SweetTatyana
06-26-2009, 03:39 PM
That is one of the sweetest things anyone has ever said about me, thank you! I only know some science-y stuff because I've been doing it for 5 years now in uni lol