PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte meetup?

_Lost_
06-25-2009, 11:35 PM
Hey, anyone who is going to the show wanna meet up beforehand and plot how it is that we are gonna pull off meeting the offspring?

randman21
06-25-2009, 11:43 PM
It's gonna happen this time!

We might have a pretty impressive meet up. I've heard of around ten people who have express a desire to come at one time or another. A lot of them have only posted a few times, though, so who knows where they stand.

_Lost_
06-25-2009, 11:51 PM
Maybe later I'll send PMs to at least the people in our group. Maybe people will turn up tomorrow when normal people are awake.

Reamwolf
06-26-2009, 12:52 AM
You guys buy me a ticket, I'll be there
XD
My mom wont let me go... I'm still trying to talk her into it....
:(

Harleyquiiinn
06-26-2009, 01:46 AM
Don't worry Reamwolf, in not so long, you will be able to go to every concert you want ;)

_Lost_
06-26-2009, 03:40 AM
You guys buy me a ticket, I'll be there
XD
My mom wont let me go... I'm still trying to talk her into it....
:(

I've had similar experiences with my mom in the past. The day before they played in Charlotte on the Warped Tour, my mom decided to inform me that I couldn't go. I had been talking about going since the beginning of January when they announced they were going on it.

Don't worry too much about it. You can join up with us on their next tour. Sound good?

Rutegard
06-26-2009, 03:46 AM
Don't worry Reamwolf, in not so long, you will be able to go to every concert you want ;)

yes! if the band is still around....

Harleyquiiinn
06-26-2009, 03:49 AM
yes! if the band is still around....

Don't be pessimistic :D

Reamwolf
06-28-2009, 10:44 PM
Don't be pessimistic :D

*sigh*
I WILL go to an Offspring Concert. I WILL.....
:mad:

_Lost_
06-29-2009, 04:24 AM
lol. it looks like its just gonna be me and you randy.

Reamwolf
06-30-2009, 02:43 PM
lol. it looks like its just gonna be me and you randy.

I'll sneak in?
XD
I realllllllyyyy want to go....
Parents SUCK

_Lost_
07-06-2009, 04:19 AM
8 days till the offspring! WOOT!

I plan on buying two shirts this time to make up for that fact that when I saw them in Nashville I couldn't afford to buy one.

randman21
07-06-2009, 07:07 PM
Shite. I'm pretty much hemorrhaging money at the moment, so I won't be able to get as much merch as I wanted. I hadn't thought about that until now. Maybe a shirt and a couple of bottles of Gringo Bandito.

Btw, is Alejandro not coming? Gotta see if my cousin's gonna be there also.

univonc
07-06-2009, 07:39 PM
Folks the pavilion is not very conducive to meet other than at the parking lot across the street. If you would like, if someone wants to be focal of a quick tailgate (byob) then we can chat, then go in to buy stuff and the seats will be right there.

The venue is a little tricky and get there about 2 hours prior to tailgate and have great parking area. The road is 2 lane going into the lot. The venue is not that big. Kinda like the backstop area behind home plate at a major league baseball park for lower level.

I am checking out the VIP section so I don't get chatter when I record. Talking with the promo guy on a daily basis. He wants to sell me season tickets and I want a great place to record these guys.

_Lost_
07-06-2009, 09:25 PM
lolz tailgate of 3. i was thinking like... wafflehouse or something, but whatevs. i'm in.

sorry to hear that randy. yeah, i don't really have the money to be spending, but i'll find a way.

univonc
07-07-2009, 08:20 AM
I would be more than happy to provide refreshments, if you give me a heads up as to what you like. I will be bringing my son and his friends. I will provide further details as it progresses to the show.

Beer, wine, Sodas, waters..... Let me know.

All I ask is for the band to PLAY 22 SONGS!!!!!!!

_Lost_
07-07-2009, 09:24 AM
hey btw, what happened to your son's baseball thingy? i thought you couldn't go to this show.:confused:

dexter12296566
07-07-2009, 09:30 AM
i am going to the show on friday
3 days baby

dexter12296566
07-07-2009, 09:31 AM
I'll sneak in?
XD
I realllllllyyyy want to go....
Parents SUCK

not mine im going
but sorry i dont have an extra ticket

univonc
07-07-2009, 10:23 AM
hey btw, what happened to your son's baseball thingy? i thought you couldn't go to this show.:confused:

He hurt his shoulder and is out in rehab for 2 months. He was to go to a baseball showcase camp, but it will have to be delayed due to rehab.

Since we can't go and we both are huge offspring fans, i bought 4 seats.

_Lost_
07-07-2009, 11:27 AM
ouch. but at least you win dad of the year ;)

my dad won last year for giving up his saturday to take me to charlotte to see them last september on short notice. :)

univonc
07-07-2009, 07:40 PM
The shows sales are a little on the poor side. My guy at the venue thinks that maybe 30% of tickets sold. That puts the crowd about 1500 at most.

The seats are great and the personal interaction with the band will be wonderful. Take your cameras cause the shots will be very very good.

The whole complex is going to rock in the next year. Within this complex is the Fillmore (which will host the B-52'2 and Black Crowes in the next month). Nightclubs such as Butter from New York and Crowbar are also opening. We will be seeing the whole complex in its infancy.

Me, I am sitting in the VIP section. No obstruction, no chatter, and pure view of the band. I am straight back!

_Lost_
07-08-2009, 02:42 AM
Soooo... any chance your guy at the venue could find a way to sneak you, me and randy backstage? lol (or at least give us a hint on where to find the tour bus after the show) :p I only ask because its seems that no one has managed to get a copy of RAFRAG Covered by The Forums to them yet and I personally feel they are really missing out (despite my speakers blowing out late in the process and messing the mixing up).

And a real question, is there a standing area in front or anything? or just the lawn behind? i can't find a seating chart or anything like that.

EDIT: nevermind on the seating chart question. i finally got one to load.

univonc
07-08-2009, 09:13 AM
I think there will be plenty of opportunity to see the band. The venue is TINY.

I got the tour yesterday and saw the dressing areas, the locker "room" with showers, and the area where they hang out prior to show.

It is not what is perceived. Road life is tough in my opinion.

This venue gives anyone a really good look at the band and will provide incredible opportunities for great pictures. Bring your camera. I am letting my son and his friends sit on ROW 8 section 2 to get a clear view.

IF the band comes out with energy and doesnt look at this as another show, this should make great memories.....

_Lost_
07-08-2009, 09:59 AM
i guess so. especially with like a third of just the seating area still up for sale. i wonder how many lawn tickets have been sold...

hmm... i need to figure out how I'm going to print out another booklet for the rafrag cd. the artwork is a very important part n such.

univonc
07-08-2009, 10:37 AM
When u see the venue lawn seats arent really worth the money. They are really bad seats and are way back relative. however, they havent sold half of the seats. There will be plenty of opportunity to move around for a good view.

This venue is designed for 2 types of groups, the high end bands coming down or the soon to be good ones coming up. The large arena and amphitheatre (verizon) are for the large crowds and Bojangles is for the soon to be mega bands emerging (Tool, Slipknot, Fall Out boy).

I see The Offspring as neither. The are popular enough to have a good base of fans, i think they have not been marketed enough to be the megastars I perceive them to be. Maybe it goes with the punk culture of doing their music for them and if u like it great, but if you don't "screw you".

Punk isn;t sexy and it doesn't sell many records, but these guys have done very well and still kept a lot of their roots with them. All bands have to evolve to stay alive and i think they did a great job doing that.....

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
07-08-2009, 11:59 AM
i know of someone that can get you on the guests list but it's complicated so that's why i said no

_Lost_
07-08-2009, 08:42 PM
put what what on the what now AllIn All?