PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson

kaylae
06-26-2009, 01:42 PM
I know there have been mixed reactions to Jacko's death on here but despite the musical genre you may prefer I don't think anyone can deny the effect that Michael Jackson has had on the world. Is there anyone else on here that can celebrate the king of pop with me?!!
So who is gonna give up their favourite Jacko song?
I'm voting for Billie Jean xx

Oxygene
06-26-2009, 01:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uC8LSV-j2g

smooth criminal DUH

Grimesy da Offspringfan
06-26-2009, 02:00 PM
i hate the "pop genre", but he really was a genious.

RageAndLov
06-26-2009, 02:01 PM
His best songs were Bad, Beat It and My, My, My I think.

Im not sad he is dead, but it feels kinda wierd.

Oxygene
06-26-2009, 02:02 PM
i hate the "pop genre", but he really was a genious.

he was the pop genre

now it's dead and all that's left is useless shit that's called pop. :D

ninthz
06-26-2009, 02:21 PM
I really hate when people act condescending towards pop music in order to appear avante garde or non-conformist.

Free?
06-26-2009, 02:32 PM
I really hate when people act condescending towards pop music in order to appear avante garde or non-conformist.

Heh, actually newbies may sound like that when they try to let the others know that their musical taste evolved. Like from "I hate pop shit" to "I prefer other genres, but there are good artists in pop too (*but I still hate pop shit*)".

SweetTatyana
06-26-2009, 02:36 PM
Yeah he was insanely talented, I doubt anyone will match him in a long, long time. My favourite songs were:
Wanna be Startin' Some
Beat It
Earth Song
They Don't Care About Us
I Just Can't Stop Loving You
And Don't Stop Till You Get Enough

I think its insanely distasteful how radio personalities dare to make jokes about him. I can't believe some people.

kaylae
06-26-2009, 02:54 PM

So who do you think acts condescending towards pop music? xx

denialrevisited666
06-26-2009, 03:03 PM
dirty diana, man in the mirror, give it to me, in the closet the album off the wall, dangerous he was great i hope i will never see a star dying again...this is so sad. i cried all day...

Lord_Gabo
06-26-2009, 03:05 PM
was the best.. King of pop...
i hope that offspring play a song in his honour.. will be a great thing...

Grimesy da Offspringfan
06-26-2009, 03:05 PM
My favorites are Beat It, Give In To Me, and Smooth Criminal. And by the way, i think he was a lot more than "pop"

kaylae
06-26-2009, 03:06 PM
was the best.. King of pop...
i hope that offspring play a song in his honour.. will be a great thing...

yep I think they could totally nail Dirty Diana! xx

Oxygene
06-26-2009, 03:15 PM

I completley agree... but I think pop music has been pretty shallow for the past 25 years very few real good artist like Michael Jackson...

They don't care about us is in the second line.. but I think Smooth Criminal with the gangser suits the zero g lean / moonwalk thing is by a long long shot one of the best pieces of music ever ever ever. Aside from Offspring which is in a whole other dimension for me, but that doesn't really belong here.

Oxygene
06-26-2009, 03:31 PM
He did the moonwalk like noone else, however this signature move of his was here a long time before he came and will stay long after he leaves us.

My faves were his dance routines: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKBLxh3u0tM&feature=related

He never claimed that he invented it or anything to be clear on that...

Maria in honor of the king, seeing how breath taxingly beautiful and sexy you were in the last 3 pix you posted.. how about some shots in nothing but the signature smooth criminal hat and a glove? :)

Stylie
06-26-2009, 04:58 PM
Greatest and biggest musician and entertainer ever. That's respect...

Well, I just discovered "Dirty Diana" today (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Hg-IRZk4D0), and I reaaally like that song. Heavy guitar riffs there, nice singing. Other then that, I guess Smooth Criminal is my all time favorite!

randman21
06-26-2009, 05:14 PM
It's extremely hard for me to pick a favorite MJ song. With Offspring, which is my favorite, I was already an adult when I really got into them, so as awesome as I think their music is, it's just songs for me. With Michael Jackson, there are all kinds of childhood memories and experiences and shit like that to go along with the songs, so it sorta transcends music.

Anyway, Beat It would have to be up there. What the fuck is that guitar solo doing in a pop song? It's insane. And the dancing and storyline and all that. Thriller caused me hella trauma as a kid, but it's one of my faves. The Way You Make Me Feel, Black or White, Remember the Time, Rock With You, Smooth Criminal, Butterflies, Speechless. However, I'm a bigger fan of The Jackson 5 than MJ the solo artist.

Harleyquiiinn
06-26-2009, 05:24 PM
I really like Smooth Criminal too... I discovered the song with Alien Ant Farm (yes...but this band has the coolest band name in the history of band names) It was a shock when I heard the original... Very very good song...

T-6005
06-26-2009, 05:48 PM
For me it was always about the intro to Billie Jean.

Also the rest of the song.

I actually went to a show on the HIStory tour.

Omni
06-26-2009, 06:34 PM
Smooth Criminal. By a long shot.

God, I can't quite believe he's dead. I always took him for granted, whether it was to laugh at his Bambi face or to praise his dancing skills. He was iconic, he was THE one, he was entertaining us all along! Oh, he can't be quite, quite cold, can he? Isn't it all an awful nightmare and aren't we all going to wake up, feeling fine, with him touring once more?

I know. I just can't imagine myself getting used to referring to him in the past tense.

Omni
06-26-2009, 06:36 PM
I really like Smooth Criminal too... I discovered the song with Alien Ant Farm (yes...but this band has the coolest band name in the history of band names) It was a shock when I heard the original... Very very good song...

There was a topic in the "Other Bands" forum a few years back, asking you to post all of the legal cds you owned, and there were a lot of people on this board who bought ANThology (myself included).

jacknife737
06-26-2009, 08:19 PM
I don't own any of his albums, but Billie Jean is a pretty sick song.

I think i'll probably download his discography or something, since i've never taken the time to really appreciate his stuff.

Hypno Toad
06-26-2009, 08:57 PM
The real Michael Jackson died a loooong time ago...

Ryder1234
06-26-2009, 10:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tMp286eDbk

tribute to michael... the unco same guys, playing beat it.

Harleyquiiinn
06-27-2009, 01:13 AM
There was a topic in the "Other Bands" forum a few years back, asking you to post all of the legal cds you owned, and there were a lot of people on this board who bought ANThology (myself included).

lol ! ANThology :D

I don't know Alien Ant Farm really. For me it's the band that covered Smooth Criminal and I thought it is sad that I knew the cover before the original.

Autonomist
06-27-2009, 01:41 AM
Dirty Diana needs to be recognised on the highest level.

nightvision
06-27-2009, 01:45 AM
Favorite song? I don't think I ever could choose one. Been listening to MJ for as long as I can remember.

Dirty Diana needs to be recognised on the highest level.

2nd that.

[[Meli.x]]
06-27-2009, 04:06 PM
Billie Jean, Man in the Mirror and Dirty Diana are my favourite three songs. i love his music, but i wasnt a big fan of the man himself.

Outerspaceman21
06-27-2009, 04:28 PM
The only songs I really kinda like are Thriller and that one (Rock With You?) with the sparkly music video.

dr.vanessa
06-28-2009, 05:34 AM
though i wasn't of his fanatics his voice was branded on my memory since i was a lil kid ..:) i will always admire his great talent ..he's been a genious for sure and a legend :-) some of my favorite songs: 1st of all ''will u be there''[ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvYygjcMDdQ ] ,''they don't care about us'', ''earth song'', ''heal the world'', ''black or white''

Paint_It_Black
08-15-2009, 08:01 AM
For me it was always about the intro to Billie Jean.

Billie Jean was not his lover. Of course not she had a vagina.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVACUjHn6yU&feature=channel