PDA

View Full Version : Omg i won!!!!

KHWHD
06-27-2009, 02:43 PM
I FINALLY got through on 102.1 The Edge and I won tickets to their concert on July 2nd AND tickets to their acoustic show.... and I WAS ON THE RADIO crying like a little fucking baby! HOLY SHIT I CAN'T BELIEVE I WON!!!!

Now, what to do with my tickets for the concert!!!????

RonWelty
06-27-2009, 02:44 PM
I FINALLY got through on 102.1 The Edge and I won tickets to their concert on July 2nd AND tickets to their acoustic show.... and I WAS ON THE RADIO crying like a little fucking baby! HOLY SHIT I CAN'T BELIEVE I WON!!!!

sell them or give away.

SuperKnux
06-27-2009, 02:48 PM
Way to go Shank! That's super awesome!

brothadave79
06-27-2009, 02:50 PM

Congratulations! That's very exciting! As for the tickets, why not give them to your American neighbor to the south. Me!

Tijs
06-27-2009, 02:50 PM
Wow congrats on the tickets! That's an awesome thing to win!

Thomas
06-27-2009, 02:51 PM
Congrats! :D

hshduppsnt
06-27-2009, 02:55 PM
Congrats! That's super awesome.

Fun to win eh? enjoy! And I'm sure you can find someone to sell/give your tickets to.

Rutegard
06-27-2009, 02:55 PM
kudos to u :D :D

Reamwolf
06-27-2009, 03:01 PM
Sweet!
That rules. I wish I could win tickets.....

Gustavo
06-27-2009, 03:20 PM
Congratulations, Shank. I'm really happy for you.

Well, what about giving this extra ticket to me? Passport, vista, plane tickets are also welcome.

That would be the best birthday gift ever! (My birthday is on July 8th, btw)

KHWHD
06-27-2009, 03:22 PM
Congratulations, Shank. I'm really happy for you.

Well, what about giving this extra ticket to me? Passport, vista, plane tickets are also welcome.

That would be the best birthday gift ever! (My birthday is on July 8th, btw)

Haha, I wish! I'll figure something out... lol.

Dragnet
06-27-2009, 03:23 PM
Congratulations, you cry baby! :D

No really, that must feel pretty good.

Reamwolf
06-27-2009, 03:28 PM
XD
Mine is sooner!
July fourth... plus i don't need a passport
Nahh, you can have it.......
DX

_Way_Down_the_Line_
06-27-2009, 03:37 PM
I never won anything tell me how did it?? HOWW !

lol

congratz shank ! enjoy them

Outerspaceman21
06-27-2009, 03:47 PM
Cool. Congrats

randman21
06-27-2009, 06:56 PM
How the hell do you keep winning shit?! I can never even get to a real person at my radio station. Anyway, big big congrats! :) I'm kicking myself for not coming now. :P

and I WAS ON THE RADIO crying like a little fucking baby!

That is so hilarious. When most people win radio contests, they're just like "Oh...cool. I'm sooooo excited. Zzzzzzz..." I'd pay to hear you bawling on air.

EDIT: Oh, and give them to Kevin!

KHWHD
06-27-2009, 07:12 PM
How the hell do you keep winning shit?! I can never even get to a real person at my radio station. Anyway, big big congrats! :) I'm kicking myself for not coming now. :P

That is so hilarious. When most people win radio contests, they're just like "Oh...cool. I'm sooooo excited. Zzzzzzz..." I'd pay to hear you bawling on air.

EDIT: Oh, and give them to Kevin!

I was actually double fisting it. Cell in 1 hand, home phone in the other. I must have called over a 1000 times - no joke!! I wish you could come, would have been such a blast. :(

Yeah it was. I was sooo fucking excited and the DJ was laughing at me too. :D :o I'd love to take Kev, but he's too far away... sadly.

cool 2 hate 681
06-27-2009, 07:27 PM
congratulations on winning the tickets:)

Alex101
06-27-2009, 08:03 PM
Congradulations on winning! The concert you're going to is on my 20th birthday (July 2nd).

KHWHD
06-27-2009, 09:26 PM
If anyone lives close enough, let me know and I'll give you a ticket.

Llamas
06-27-2009, 10:08 PM
That's cool :) What's the difference between the ticket you won and the one you bought?

chriiis
06-27-2009, 10:13 PM
Congratulations Shank!!, you're a lucky guy! :)

KHWHD
06-27-2009, 10:17 PM
That's cool :) What's the difference between the ticket you won and the one you bought?

I won 2 tickets to the acoustic show at 102.1 The Edge with Dexter and Noodles. It starts at 4:00, but the DJ told me to be there at 3:00. And I also won 2 tickets to the actual concert which starts at 6:30.

I'm not sure what the seats are yet for the concert as I was too excited to ask. He just told me to bring my I.D. with me and pick the concert tickets up when I go to the acoustic show.

Hope that answered your question... lol.

KHWHD
06-27-2009, 10:18 PM
Congratulations Shank!!, you're a lucky guy! :)

I'm a girl there sweetheart... lol. ;)

KHWHD
06-27-2009, 10:21 PM
The Offspring’s bringing So-Cal punk to the Edge studio at 228 Yonge Street for a live performance and we want you to be there!

Starting Friday with Bookie, the S is F’d up with Offspring tunes all weekend long! Plus, we’re giving away tickets to the Offspring show happening July 2nd at the Molson Amphitheatre along with access to check out the exclusive Offspring performance that same day at the Edge storefront studio!

Want to be there? Listen all weekend long for your chance to win OR enter below now. One lucky Inside Edge member will score a pair of tickets to see the Offspring live at the Molson Amphitheatre AND the Edge storefront studio!

http://www.edge.ca/TheOffspring.aspx

Llamas
06-27-2009, 10:23 PM
I won 2 tickets to the acoustic show at 102.1 The Edge with Dexter and Noodles. It starts at 4:00, but the DJ told me to be there at 3:00. And I also won 2 tickets to the actual concert which starts at 6:30.

I'm not sure what the seats are yet for the concert as I was too excited to ask. He just told me to bring my I.D. with me and pick the concert tickets up when I go to the acoustic show.

Hope that answered your question... lol.

Yeah the acoustic show made sense, but are you saying you don't really know the difference between the "regular" show tickets you won and the ones you bought? I'd suggest finding out before you give away the ones you bought; it'd suck if the ones you won were not in as good of a spot or something.

And if they're all (the ones you bought and the ones you won) in the GA area, you could just find a few friends to go with you! That's what I'd do.

KHWHD
06-27-2009, 10:27 PM
Yeah the acoustic show made sense, but are you saying you don't really know the difference between the "regular" show tickets you won and the ones you bought? I'd suggest finding out before you give away the ones you bought; it'd suck if the ones you won were not in as good of a spot or something.

And if they're all (the ones you bought and the ones you won) in the GA area, you could just find a few friends to go with you! That's what I'd do.

I understand. Yeah, I don't know exactly what seats I "won" for the concert.

I was just reading the "rule" section on the website there and it says that there's 1 grand price winner. I'm not sure exactly what that means now. To me it means, (obviously) that only 1 person wins all of that. But I know he told me what I won. I emailed the DJ, but he hasn't got back to me. Hmmmm.... hopefully I didn't misunderstand, cause I was really hoping (and thinking) that's what he said to me on the phone. :confused:

Edit: The main reason I was hoping to win was to win the tickets to the acoustic - since I already have my ticket to the concert.

Llamas
06-27-2009, 10:39 PM
I understand. Yeah, I don't know exactly what seats I "won" for the concert.

I was just reading the "rule" section on the website there and it says that there's 1 grand price winner. I'm not sure exactly what that means now. To me it means, (obviously) that only 1 person wins all of that. But I know he told me what I won. I emailed the DJ, but he hasn't got back to me. Hmmmm.... hopefully I didn't misunderstand, cause I was really hoping (and thinking) that's what he said to me on the phone. :confused:

Edit: The main reason I was hoping to win was to win the tickets to the acoustic - since I already have my ticket to the concert.

Yeah, the thing is that certain seated areas are sometimes considered more desirable by some people (classier, I guess?), so they might give you tickets for a seated area (maybe a balcony area or something), while you'd prefer GA. So that'd be a good thing to check... hopefully they get back to you.

chriiis
06-27-2009, 10:52 PM
I'm a girl there sweetheart... lol. ;)

Oh sorry, haha this time isn't good for me, i have to bed lol
Congratulations one more time Shank! :D, lucky girl :rolleyes:

Oxygene
06-28-2009, 03:06 AM
I always give my extra tickets away Shank, people are so greatful they don't believe it, it's awesome! :)

And congrats Shank!

nightvision
06-28-2009, 03:11 AM
Cool! Well done! :)

Maria Cortez
06-28-2009, 05:23 AM
shank, congrats!!! :)

Blitzkrieg Bop
06-28-2009, 06:21 AM
If anyone lives close enough, let me know and I'll give you a ticket.

This would have been my suggestion, pity that I don't live around the corner ;)

Congrats Terri ... way to go girl :cool:

-L-
06-28-2009, 06:27 AM
Congrat Shank :D It's soooo good to hear that some of us on the BBS won tickets :)

findout5
06-28-2009, 06:38 AM
Shank, we're counting on you to get some nice videos from the acoustic show!! :D

KHWHD
06-28-2009, 07:29 AM
Yeah, the thing is that certain seated areas are sometimes considered more desirable by some people (classier, I guess?), so they might give you tickets for a seated area (maybe a balcony area or something), while you'd prefer GA. So that'd be a good thing to check... hopefully they get back to you.

This is the only thing I've heard so far. Hmmmmm... weird.

T,

Sorry, have no idea where you’re sitting. Don’t have that info.

KHWHD
06-28-2009, 10:32 AM
Here's the email I got. So YES, I did win THE biggest prize. Holy shit... lmao!!

Congratulations, you've won a pair of tickets to the 102.1 the Edge presentation of The Offspring, happening July 2nd at the Molson Amphitheatre along with access to check out the exclusive Offspring performance on July 2nd at the Edge storefront studio. ***Winners must be at studio for 3pm with proper ID***

KHWHD
06-28-2009, 10:41 AM
He also said;

Not sure about the seats... We usually have some decent seats for our give aways though.

SweetTatyana
06-28-2009, 11:30 AM
SHANK, we'll be going to the acoustic show together, I got through too! :) Man I never win anything I'm so excited!!!

KHWHD
06-28-2009, 11:35 AM
SWEET! I'm in awe that I won the GRAND PRIZE... lol. I still can't believe I won. :eek:

SweetTatyana
06-28-2009, 11:40 AM
Yeah that is awesome, I'm so happy you got it! :)

Harleyquiiinn
06-28-2009, 11:51 AM
Nice Shank !!! Have fun ! :D

SelfEsteem94
07-02-2009, 01:28 PM
holy hell!
lucky you,
:D
i didnt think people actually won those things.

_Lost_
07-02-2009, 10:23 PM
Congrats shank! I remember how I felt to get into the acoustic radio show they did here. It took me days to get off of cloud 9.

Beaker
07-03-2009, 06:09 AM
wow, thats a win to brag about.

i envy you. :D