PDA

View Full Version : oBBS IRL

ninthz
06-27-2009, 05:39 PM
So, from time to time, something will happen in my own real life that makes me think about the forums. Today, for example, I saw a girl wearing a Harley Quinn shirt while I was chilling at work. I don't think I've ever seen this IRL. But yeah, immediately made me think of the BBS due to the user HarleyQuiinn. Anyone else have these odd little moments? Examples thereof?

ps: lolnerds

dff_punk
06-27-2009, 05:42 PM
I already told him, but everytime I see that Butters guy on South Park, I immediately think of jacknife737.

Omni
06-27-2009, 07:37 PM
Half the time when I see Clint Eastwood, I think of the users Jesus and Endymion.

nieh
06-27-2009, 07:40 PM
Stan's quest to find the clitoris in the South Park movie always reminds me of a certain member from this board.

ninthz
06-27-2009, 08:05 PM
Just the words "To Catch a Predator" make me think of various people on this forum.

Jebus
06-27-2009, 10:16 PM
I think about Mike every time I listen to Streetlight Manifesto. Yes, I realize how creepy that is too.

IamSam
06-27-2009, 10:19 PM
I think about Mike every time I listen to Streetlight Manifesto. Yes, I realize how creepy that is too.

Don't worry. I have an entire days worth of music dedicated to him.

Sidewinder
06-27-2009, 10:46 PM
I think of Jebus when I listen to Kelly Clarkson sometimes.

I think of Ninthz when I encounter various pokemons.

I often mistake black people around town for JohnnyNemesis. This has led to awkward moments.

Thomas
06-27-2009, 10:47 PM
I often mistake black people around town for JohnnyNemesis. This has led to awkward moments.

I lol'd.

Jebus
06-27-2009, 10:51 PM
I would like know where you encounter pokemon so I could move there.

Sidewinder
06-27-2009, 10:55 PM
I would like know where you encounter pokemon so I could move there.

I have a summer house in Kanto, obviously. Shoreline of Vermilion hellz yeah.

Llamas
06-27-2009, 11:22 PM

Me too. I'm always running into dudes and being all "aw man my ass is so sore from last night" and then I realize the guy is 5'9 and not 5'10 and I'm like FUCK!

JohnnyNemesis
06-28-2009, 02:53 AM
"aw man my ass is so sore from last night"

*sigh*

WRONG KIND OF GHEY, BRIANNA!!!!!

;)

_Lost_
06-28-2009, 03:09 AM
I can't listen to Original Prankster anymore. Every time I do, I get this image of llamas, ninth, and RC chillin' in a living room trying to decide between Original Prankster and Original Prankster. The discussion tends to get pretty heated.

EDIT: Anytime I have the misfortune of hearing Creed on the radio, I think of Randman.

Vera
06-28-2009, 03:14 AM

*writes slashfic*

lulz kidding.

Abortion jokes, self-hating Jews, The Offspring, and any references to the word "nitro" remind me of the BBS in general.

Then I associate individuals with bands, countries or states, penis lengths, majors or schools of belief. Like if I run into an argument about the merits of Marxism or whatever, I might think back to whatever Per said. And Physics shit is always like "hey Ryan studies chaos theory or some such shit, w00t!". Random stuff like that.

randman21
06-28-2009, 05:38 AM
Every time I see an asshole I think of Andy.

EDIT: Anytime I have the misfortune of hearing Creed on the radio, I think of Randman.
Dammit. DAMMIT.

Sidewinder
06-28-2009, 07:49 AM
oh oh oh, anytime I hear the word or the artist Slash I think of Slash/Slash slashes, which makes me think of 1565 which makes me think of Javeys and then I cry.

Twisted Mind
06-28-2009, 08:27 AM
When i play Ragnarok i think about Sidewinder, i saw a character named like that just some months ago. The same about Reamwolf, there's a castle named Valkyrie Realms, sounds kinda similar to me for some reason, and i had a friend named Wolfraven.

When i see my dog, which is a rottweiler, i think about Rutegard because of her avatar.

When i see any pic of "Shoop da [insert word here]" i think about Reamwolf too.

And watching the iPod, i think about iGustavo.

I'm a lil worried, i think i'm nuts.

Llamas
06-28-2009, 10:28 AM
*sigh*

WRONG KIND OF GHEY, BRIANNA!!!!!

;)

FUX! :(

Marxism always reminds me of Per, for sure.
Pink Floyd reminds me of Coneman.

Adriann
06-28-2009, 10:42 AM
I think of ninthz every time I see; someone wearing a bandana, a toga, an unusually attractive short guy, or the twin towers. yeah
I think of Per when I hear the word Aryan
Mike when theres anything about jews, afros, tall and skinny guys. actually almost anything reminds me of him. Weird? maybe not
haha and I see Vera's cute face from Aloe Vera, which is on most lotion bottles. hott

JohnnyNemesis
06-28-2009, 12:04 PM
Whenever I hear "Crawling" by Linkin Park, I laugh hysterically.

Rag Doll
06-28-2009, 12:07 PM
Whenever I hear "Crawling" by Linkin Park, I laugh hysterically.

yes. and i also think of Jesse and his peel.

SweetTatyana
06-28-2009, 12:47 PM
I dont think I can ever look at a horse again thanks to these forums

Twisted Mind
06-28-2009, 12:49 PM
I dont think I can ever look at a horse again thanks to these forums

ROFL, i guess so. Something like that is happening to me lately.

Harleyquiiinn
06-28-2009, 01:04 PM
Woah, I'm the cause of this thread. I'm flattered. :cool:

I think of the BBS everytime I walk by the Sziget festival ad in the subway. Because of Oxygene.

:)

Everytime someone talks about scrabble too (well, it doesn't happen that often actually) because of Little_Miss' avatar.

I think it is pretty cool that my mind links scrabble to the Offspring somehow...

ninthz
06-28-2009, 10:00 PM
I think of ninthz every time I see; someone wearing a bandana, a toga, an unusually attractive short guy, or the twin towers. yeah
I am in love with this.

_Lost_
06-29-2009, 03:18 AM
Everytime someone talks about scrabble too (well, it doesn't happen that often actually) because of Little_Miss' avatar.

I think it is pretty cool that my mind links scrabble to the Offspring somehow...

scrabble makes me think of ricky.