PDA

View Full Version : Who is voting for Walla Walla?

Forman
06-29-2009, 12:59 AM
No offense, and it is a great song, but compared to the potential for them to play Dirty Magic, Meaning of Life, and Genocide, to me it is a no brainer; vote for any of these songs before Walla Walla. I just mention this because Walla Walla appears to have been chosen at the Detroit show, and I have noticed it on other recent set lists. Thoughts? Am I mistaken in my judgments of how popular Walla Walla actually is?

KyleW
06-29-2009, 02:34 AM
Where do we go to vote for this?

univonc
06-29-2009, 08:44 AM
I am voting for Walla Walla.

they should have this as part of the 22 song setlist.

Remember I SAID 22!!!!!!!!!!

randman21
06-29-2009, 08:50 AM
I agree with the original poster. However, it had become a part of the set recently, so that's why they have played it this often so far. Guess it's not anymore, though. But yeah, I'd vote for almost any of the other songs before Walla Walla. I love it, but I just don't like it live.

dff_punk
06-29-2009, 08:55 AM
Walla Walla is an awesome song live imho, but it became quite the concert staple of theirs, so a little change would not be bad if people would vote for some rare-played live song.

Phil594
06-29-2009, 10:43 AM
No offense, and it is a great song, but compared to the potential for them to play Dirty Magic, Meaning of Life, and Genocide, to me it is a no brainer; vote for any of these songs before Walla Walla. I just mention this because Walla Walla appears to have been chosen at the Detroit show, and I have noticed it on other recent set lists. Thoughts? Am I mistaken in my judgments of how popular Walla Walla actually is?

So the choices are Dirty Magic, Meaning of Life, Genocide, or Walla Walla?

Forman
06-29-2009, 11:33 AM
The options might change from show to show, I am not sure. I remember the following from the Detroit show

Walla Walla, Meaning of Life, Genocide, Dirty Magic, Can't Repeat, Spare Me the Details...maybe one more.

Like I said, I think Walla Walla is a great song, it's just that I would have rather heard every other song on this list, and would have shit myself if I heard Genocide or Meaning of Life or Dirty Magic live. I appreciate that people like Walla Walla, but it is weird that people are voting for Walla Walla above these others, considering that at any given time there is always a thread on this board devoted to Dirty Magic and people wanting to hear it live. I suspect the kinds of people who are more likely to text their vote on a cell phone (14 year old girls) perhaps are newer fans/less interested in some of these other songs (that is a broad generalization I know).

Oh well, when it comes to voting I guess I shouldn't be surprised, this is the same country that voted in Bush twice ;) j/k

KHWHD
06-29-2009, 11:43 AM
If they have the voting at the Toronto show and those are the choices (still really wish KHWHD was a choice ;)) I'd choose Spare Me The Details, with Dirty Magic as a close second.

univonc
06-29-2009, 11:43 AM
Oh well, when it comes to voting I guess I shouldn't be surprised, this is the same country that voted in Bush twice ;) j/k

EASY! Major Republican here..... LOL