PDA

View Full Version : Help a fellow Offspring fan

leo3375
06-29-2009, 06:54 PM
My 12-year-old nephew—who I took to his first Offspring show earlier this month—was badly burned in a freak accident over the weekend. He suffered 2nd and 3rd degree burns on his arms and legs and will likely need skin grafts.

Unfortunately he doesn't have medical insurance and is facing bills running into the hundreds of thousands when all is said and done. A fund will be set up in the coming days and will be posted here if you want to help. In the meantime we're documenting his progress online in a little blog:
http://helptyler.blogspot.com/

Little_Miss_1565
06-29-2009, 10:37 PM
So sorry to hear this. How is he holding up?

Rag Doll
06-29-2009, 10:38 PM
that's awful =\. i'm between jobs, so i'm personally lacking in the financial area....however, i will gladly spread the word for you!

leo3375
06-30-2009, 09:01 AM
My sister started a Caring Bridge site for him here:
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/tylerracutt

He's doing quite well. The nurses say he has a better pain tolerance than some of the men they've seen come through with similar injuries. We're fortunate that his face and hands weren't burned. I'm heading out to visit him today before he leaves for Ohio tomorrow.

I'll be updating the blog and alerting when updates are posted on my Twitter.

KyleW
07-01-2009, 06:19 PM
Im really sorry to hear that :/ It must be awful for any 12 year old to go through that.

dexter12296566
07-02-2009, 08:46 AM
really sorry to here about ur nephew. tell him a fellow fan says hi and to get well soon i really wish i could help but im 14 and have no money of my own. if you dont mind my asking what exactly happened to him

leo3375
07-02-2009, 01:32 PM
The blog link I posted above and the Caring Bridge link both explain what happened and are being kept as up-to-date as possible. Once we have a fund set up and can accept online donations I'll be sure to post a link.

dexter12296566
07-02-2009, 05:43 PM
u should post some pics cuz then more ppl would donate can u tell me on here cuz my dad thinx it could be a virus and he wont let me go but honestly i am extremely concerned and when i read this i cried cuz i hate seeing or hearing about things suffering it has 2 be horrible being 12 and getting burned like that. i wish i had $ and could help but i have no $ cuz my dad wont let me have a job. tell tyler a fellow fan says hi and hopes he gets better really soon. i feel so bad for him i just want 2 stay up 2 date cuz i really want him 2 get better

the_offsprings_monkey
07-03-2009, 01:07 AM
Guess you could say the offspring is his new favorite band!

sorrrrrry, had to be done!