PDA

View Full Version : Your friends' nicknames?

sKratch
06-30-2009, 07:01 PM
I was just calling my buddy Sheep on the phone and this ol' Internet website was up in the background so I was inspired to make a thread about friends' nicknames. What are some of your friends' nicknames, and where'd they come from?

Sheep was given his name when he was a freshman because our ultimate frisbee team already had a Bryan with seniority. Someone decided that because he acted sheepish and had long hair his name would be Sheep and it stuck.

ninthz
06-30-2009, 07:21 PM
Pants - My roommate's last name is Pence and some five year old in Texas couldn't pronounce it, sputtering out "Pants" instead.

Apples - This dude is named AJ and I hate the name AJ. AJ = Apple Juice/Apple Jacks = Apples

I actually call Eric RC or RickyCrack.

Budzy
06-30-2009, 07:34 PM
Used to know some kid named Chance Perry.
Everyone called him Cherry Pants.

Ryder1234
06-30-2009, 07:36 PM
I have a friend we call Jon Smith. On the website for the roller hockey league I play in, my friend Jackson was listed as "Jon Smith" on the roster. I don't know how the mixed up Jon Smith with Jackson Bryan, but somehow they did and now we call him that.

I also have a friend named Felix, who we call Fefe, or Fefe Dobson.

And a friend named Etienne, who's called "chin", or "Eti" (pronounced like eddy, but with a "t" sound)

WebDudette
06-30-2009, 08:10 PM
Mufreesebro and Prince Rodriguez are the only ones I use commonly.

I know a girl people call Salt(y), but I think it is fucking stupid so I call her Carolyn. A lot of people call her Caroline too, because they are stupid.

Rag Doll
06-30-2009, 08:15 PM
my best friend is always called "ghetto booty" because she has a rather large butt for a skinny white girl. we used to get called "t & a" for the same reason in high school (she was obviously the "a").

a girl i used to be friends with had the last name "schmidt." we called her "schmidtly" which eventually turned into her being called "shitly" for years.

all my boyfriend's male friends have nicknames. but i barely know any girls with nicknames except for things related to their name (ie: "sam" for "samantha" or "jenny" for "jennifer"). is it just more common for guys in general, or just my group of friends?

Lizardus
06-30-2009, 08:35 PM
We call one Galaxia for the anger management movie all the gay prostitute jokes.
Another one Xuan Xi the zombie vampire because he looks chinese and the person who nick named him was playing Castlevania at the time.

nieh
06-30-2009, 08:45 PM
Growing up, most nicknames are basically just the person's last name or some bastardization of their last name. Although for some reason for a few weeks my friend Jarod was called Ackmed and I was Big K. I still have no idea what those meant. Unless the Ackmed thing was supposed to be racist, but the guy was born in America and nothing resembling an accent.

Rag Doll
06-30-2009, 08:49 PM
Growing up, most nicknames are basically just the person's last name or some bastardization of their last name. Although for some reason for a few weeks my friend Jarod was called Ackmed and I was Big K. I still have no idea what those meant. Unless the Ackmed thing was supposed to be racist, but the guy was born in America and nothing resembling an accent.

To me, Jarod will always be a flaming cowboy. Or peter pan. those are my own nicknames for him in my head.

nieh
06-30-2009, 08:59 PM
Just because he runs around the woods playing make believe that doesn't give you the right to make fun of him.

You should be making fun of Jon instead.

Rag Doll
06-30-2009, 09:03 PM
Just because he runs around the woods playing make believe that doesn't give you the right to make fun of him.

You should be making fun of Jon instead.

hahaha. i love jarod though, it's all from love.

and uhm, jon's nickname would be, "he who yanks it in his sister's bed" which i doubt he would be thrilled with.

ninthz
06-30-2009, 09:06 PM
Growing up, most nicknames are basically just the person's last name or some bastardization of their last name.
Yeah, I've been stuck with Schmink for fucking ever. It's kind of ridiculous now, like, my friends insert Schmink into about everything (especially songs).

nieh
06-30-2009, 09:10 PM
and uhm, jon's nickname would be, "he who yanks it in his sister's bed" which i doubt he would be thrilled with.
You forgot the "8 times in an hour, and then brags to his friends about it" part.

Yeah, I've been stuck with Schmink for fucking ever. It's kind of ridiculous now, like, my friends insert Schmink into about everything (especially songs).
I was stuck with Douche or Douchekewich (which is actually a common innocent mispronunciation of my name) for the better part of high school. It actually didn't bother me though.

WebDudette
06-30-2009, 10:15 PM
It is hard to construe Smith into anything.

sKratch
06-30-2009, 10:30 PM
I have a friend we call Jon Smith. On the website for the roller hockey league I play in, my friend Jackson was listed as "Jon Smith" on the roster. I don't know how the mixed up Jon Smith with Jackson Bryan, but somehow they did and now we call him that.

Reminds me of my friend Stumpy. The way I heard the story, Halo always gave him the name "Stumpy" an incredibly improbable number of times, and the name stuck. I literally didn't know what his real name was for over a year.

Ryder1234
06-30-2009, 11:50 PM
Haha, awesome.

Well, I just found his real name is on a higher level team, so I guess when he switched to my team they didn't change the names.
Damn :(

mizbanger98
07-01-2009, 12:01 AM
"brown shoes" this was givin to my friend john after he pooped himself one night and it got ALL over his legs and shoes it was the funniest night ever! (he got new shoes the next day)

RickyCrack
07-01-2009, 01:49 AM

Oh shit, shake that ass ma, move it like a gypsy
Stop, woah, back it up, now let me see your hips SCHMINK
Stop, woah, back it up, now let me see your hips SCHMINK
Now drop it looooow and let me see your hips SCHMINK
Down to the floooor now let me see your hips SCHMINK
Down to the floooor now let me see your hips SCHMINK

Harleyquiiinn
07-01-2009, 01:59 AM
I have a friend that we call "The Greek"... cause he's greek... :cool:

Grimesy da Offspringfan
07-01-2009, 02:04 AM
A lot of my buddies have nicknames, let's see, there's Pig, because his face reminds everyone of an ass, Mikey, because his head looks like a mic, (his other nickname is Legionnaire, because my dad taught his hair was some kind of hat or helmet), Taliban, because he looks like like an arab terrorist etc

Oxygene
07-01-2009, 02:07 AM
We had some interesting nicknames in the crew I used to hang out in

Our gutair player was called "Oinment" or kenőcs in Hungarian
Our bass player was called "Burger" .. all the bands seem to love the nick name
We had a friend who was called "Crowbar"

I dunno shit like that...

dff_punk
07-01-2009, 02:22 AM
In high school, we used to call one guy Diplodocus, cause he was fat. Now we re-nicknamed it onto Dippy.

Rutegard
07-01-2009, 05:30 AM
we used to call him Popeye (cause he was gay)
and this girl by DiCaprio (cause she looked like him)

Beaker
07-01-2009, 06:22 AM
Darkene (my phone couldn't spell her name)
fluffy beaker (is mine)
Moth ( because they had the attention span of one)

i used to call a girl bitch (because i hated her, does that include? lol):D

if they were bogan you just add an o onto the end of their mane or shortened name.

Alison
07-01-2009, 06:50 AM
I've a friend called Ashley, who we often call Ashhole or Jew (even though she's not a jew) or Princess or Ginger.

Er... none of my friends really have nicknames that stick.

Sidewinder
07-01-2009, 06:53 AM
I have a friend named Emerson that's been called Emo his whole life. I call him Elmo occasionally, because when I was first starting to talk I couldn't say Emo or Emerson (I "met" him like, four days after he was born when I was a month old). Also funny, he couldn't say Alec, so he logically called me Alligator.

Know a white, scene styled but not attitude wise kid called Mookie. No idea why.

There was a Hispanic kid who dropped out when he was 16 called Pancho, and it wasn't any of his names. No idea on that one, either.

Guy named Danny Mansana (Hispanic, obv) is called Danny Apple once in a while since Mansana = Apple iirc (It's close, at least).

wheelchairman
07-01-2009, 07:48 AM
It is hard to construe Smith into anything.

Cocksmith. That was easy and I just woke up. :p

My friend Phil we like to call 'skinke', which is Danish for 'ham'. Otherwise we don't use nicknames too much. Daud we sometimes call 'the Dude' like in the big lebowski. Haha very funny, everyone laugh.

Vera
07-01-2009, 08:43 AM
I don't really call anybody by their nicknames as a rule, all of my friends have such simple names it feels a bit redundant. The only thing I do is occasionally refer to somebody by their online nickname, which is nerdy but works when the person I'm talking to knows them by that name only. (Like I have two friends I see on occasion who don't know each other personally but have read each other's posts on a message board.)

Then there's a few ppl who I have inside jokey nicknames for. Like one of my best friends is labeled "enormous cock" in my phone. And another one is "babzter", because I once called her "baby" in a text message and ended up mistyping it "babz".

zsk
07-01-2009, 08:46 AM
Paces,Maggus,Megges,Pille,Woody ;)

Offspring-Junkie
07-01-2009, 09:45 AM
They once called me killer for two different reasons. No joke. I won't explain it further.

wheelchairman
07-01-2009, 09:47 AM
You moron.

In high school I was called Farlig Per, (Dangerous Per). I'm pretty sure it was just one guy's sense of irony.

Thomas
07-01-2009, 10:31 AM
I've got a friend who is called "Satchel" when his real name is Jake. I don't think anyone knows why.

Another guy is called Braxton because his full name is "Bryan Pastor" and I suppose that is a combination of the two...?

Finally, another guy is called G.G. for "gentle giant" because, well, he is quite tall.

Twisted Mind
07-01-2009, 11:57 AM
I have a friend who i call Mr. Chaos, he's always really negative and sensitive, if we're chating and i have to leave for a moment, he's thinking he's boring and stuff. I think he's emo, but he's in denial.

mrconeman
07-01-2009, 12:05 PM
Basically my main and core group of friends are still all my high school buddies, so years down the line we still get all the same nicknames.

A guy who transferred to our school for his last two years fell in with us, and we found out he's a bassist, without ever hearing him someone declared him "Bassmaster" , which eventually shortened to "Bass" and about a million variatons thereof. No one, not even his girlfriend calls him by his real name anymore. We found eventually that he actually is an unbearably good bassist too, so it really stuck.

We call a guy Crusty... we were on a school trip and stayed in some house where a few days in there was found to be no toilet paper, he took a shit... yeah.

Dude we call Roadblock. I'll not go into detail, but basically he fucks things up, but never in a spiteful manner.

Farmhand or Farmer... lives on a farm.

Flamin' Eamon. His name's Eamon (Irish name rhymes with flamin' as in Flamin' Moe.). But he has the most ridiculously ginger hair ever, hence flamin'.

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
07-01-2009, 12:11 PM
i have a friend who i started calling mono jojoy(the name of a colombian terrorist) and eventually it stuck. we dont call him jojoy in public because it will draw attention

SweetTatyana
07-01-2009, 12:27 PM
I call my roomate Bunny because shes adorable.
We call another one of our friends 'Parky' because his mother goes to his baseball games and yells "RUN MARKY PARKY, GOO MARKY PARKY!!!!!"

sKratch
07-01-2009, 01:23 PM
There's a small section of my friends from high school who call me either Stefonski or more rarely No Doubtski. Stefonski is a much older one and is almost definitely a combination of my full name. No Doubtski comes, I believe, from me jokingly calling myself "No Doubtski Piotrowski" and they thought it was pretty funny so they kept calling me that for a while.

Adriann
07-01-2009, 02:01 PM
hahaha I have a group of friends that nickname each other things they can't explain, like wayne is dublin, dale is witmer, and the others I can't remember. I also have a friend named Romo who's real name is Ramon, ohh and my friend who is huge and has a big afro, yeah he's called Afro Thunder hahaha.

WebDudette
07-01-2009, 03:26 PM
I've been breifly called Priest, Reverend, and Sloth. Nicknames never stick for me.

Paradon
07-01-2009, 03:34 PM
smell asses! he is a guy and we never saw him with a male friend only females, so whe decided to call him smell asses beacuse everywhere they go he goes with them lool and he is always the last one in the row

Paradon
07-01-2009, 03:38 PM
yeah we Got a BIGFOOT he has the 45,5 Euro Size and he is only 19 years old

and we Got Big Show for the fattest Girl we had in school she was about 12 years old and god damn se was bigger than me and she had mor than 140 quilos

Adriann
07-01-2009, 10:50 PM
oh yeah I forgot, a couple years ago some of my friends made nicknames that def stuck hahaha. Chris was Dragon Rider, I was Shadow, Melanie was Beast, and Rollin was Tank. they were supposed to be like superhero names. we named this weird, oddly shaped kid The Blue Hammer because of a light blue shirt he wore way too often

dexter12296566
07-02-2009, 09:02 AM
kyle = kidd
mark = MP3
felicia = fishy
jeana = gigi
j-p=dude
gigi and dude call me poindexter 4 two reasons im a geek and i love dexter
kidd and MP3 call me baby Casey or casper cuz i have pale skin and they are alot older than me
fishy calls me nicks little sister or cass

mynamewastaken
07-04-2009, 05:34 PM
Chewy, she likes gum
donught, randomness
Lola, me cuz of charlie
Charlie, charlie bit my finger. STUPIDIST YOUTUBE VIDEO EVER! DON'T WASTE UR TIME!

Outerspaceman21
07-04-2009, 05:40 PM
For my buddy Fawaz, we call him Fawizzle and my white negro. For my friend Andrew, we call him King (last name). And their nickname for me is Ponce.

I am the Ponce.

Lizardus
07-04-2009, 08:00 PM
I know this kid, Anakin.
We call him Darth, he knows these awesome magic tricks.

Tizzalicious
07-17-2009, 05:51 AM
I think of my friends I am the only one with a nickname that actually gets used (Tizz obviously), the other ones are just short versions of their names and things like that.

When we were younger we called my cousin Eefje "E.T." though (for her initials, but in English, because of E.T.), and that got shorted to "Iet" (pronounced like "eat") a lot.

And there was a guy at school who everyone called "Tram" because he had a very narrow face that looked like it had been stuck between the tram doors.

We called my best friends crush in high school "Visser" (fisherman), but I honestly have no idea why we did, and why it got stuck.

Jules69
07-17-2009, 08:52 AM
We use to call this guy at school ski slope nose!!!

coke_a_holic
07-19-2009, 12:08 AM
My dad's friend is nicknamed The Hoss. I think that is just the fucking coolest.

I know a kid who goes by Spork. I don't even know his real name, he refuses to tell me. He also refuses to tell me why he's called Spork, but I mean, whatever. Still not as cool as The Hoss.

wheelchairman
07-19-2009, 06:35 AM
Ever wonder if Coke_a_holic and Al Coholic are related?

Al Coholic
07-22-2009, 06:17 PM
No, not really.

WebDudette
12-20-2009, 03:24 AM
Ever wonder if Coke_a_holic and Al Coholic are related?

Not at all actually, I quite like one, where as the other is... meh.