PDA

View Full Version : obama legalizing pot

dexter12296566
07-02-2009, 11:03 AM
obama may actually make pot legal up to a certain weight. i dont agree with that

That_Guy91
07-02-2009, 11:19 AM
1. Where did you hear this?

2. Why don't you agree with it?

TheNewDiesease
07-02-2009, 12:18 PM
yea. apparently pot can be an amazing source of revenue... which it is.
It's like, whatever that he legalizes it... It's relatively safe after all, but I just personally hate the pothead culture. Every aspect of it, especially the laziness.

I dunno, personally I'm torn.

Al Coholic
07-02-2009, 12:46 PM
dude man woah sup no way! What?

F@ BANKZ
07-02-2009, 03:41 PM
yea. apparently pot can be an amazing source of revenue... which it is.
It's like, whatever that he legalizes it... It's relatively safe after all, but I just personally hate the pothead culture. Every aspect of it, especially the laziness.

I dunno, personally I'm torn.

The right to choose?

I personally believe it's a swell idea, though am unlikely to be able to make a wonderfully informed judgement.
As for revenue though, the weight of this argument is bound to be a legitimate factor. I read in the UK (here) more governement funds are attained by taxes on cigarettes alone than for the whole of the National Health Service.

dexter12296566
07-02-2009, 04:18 PM
1. Where did you hear this?

2. Why don't you agree with it?

obama said it is about as bad as cigarettes and said on the late show but i dont agree cuz i dont do drugs or smoke or drink or anything like that

come out swinging
07-02-2009, 04:50 PM
In the USA, most states are already legalizing it for medical use.

A person can have under x amount and if they get caught, with under x amount $100 fine. Over that amount is distribution charge which mean jail time. Example. Currently in the state of MA a person can have up to an ounce with a charge of $100.

PedroACastro
07-02-2009, 06:02 PM
legalizing it or not people are gonna smoke it anyways. just makes it easier to get in my oppinion. but if cigaretes are legal well why can't pot? at least its not addictive i think

WebDudette
07-02-2009, 06:06 PM
If salvia is legal they might as well legalize just about everything. Salvia is one of the more extreme drugs I have ever done.

dexter12296566
07-02-2009, 07:53 PM
i honestly dont get what is great about drugs

RyanSabotage
07-02-2009, 11:24 PM

ever smoke mota?

once you try shit, then you can ask silly nonsense questions like you did

wheelchairman
07-03-2009, 04:53 AM
They're fun.

come out swinging
07-03-2009, 06:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oyk79gO0jiQ&feature=channel_page

dexter12296566
07-03-2009, 08:27 AM
ever smoke mota?

once you try shit, then you can ask silly nonsense questions like you did

no i have never tried anything like that and i dont plan to

jacknife737
07-03-2009, 04:20 PM
It's pretty much decriminalized here, but i'm completely indifferent; to both the drug and any legalization campaign.

Jebus
07-03-2009, 07:56 PM
wait, does OP's claim have any basis in truth? I have not heard of this.

Ryder1234
07-03-2009, 09:21 PM

cause it makes you feel like a teddy bear

at least, for me it does

SweetTatyana
07-04-2009, 12:33 AM
I believe Paul Rudd said it best when he said:

"Why do kids do drugs? Because they're awesome"

In terms of neurological effects, alcohol actually has a more damaging affect than pot. I cannot judge for sure in terms of systemic effects of pot vs. alcohol but I can likely vote pot vs. alcoholic from the effects I have been aware of. Honestly, people are going to do it and frankly, its not that bad. At least if the government regulates it, that ensures the drug is not laced with anything, is pure and they can tax it.

Harleyquiiinn
07-04-2009, 12:55 AM
obama said it is about as bad as cigarettes and said on the late show but i dont agree cuz i dont do drugs or smoke or drink or anything like that

About that, it is not because you don't do something that you cannot agree with it.

I'm not much of a smoker myself but look at this:

1) Tobacco creates dependance, Alcohool creates dependance => They are both legal
2) The quality of what you find on the street has drastically decreased in 10 years. Now you have a whole lot of tire and other disgusting things in it. Very bad for your health.
3) Pot creates an economy that allows traficant (the same who put disgusting thing in the drug) to make a lot of money using small dealers usually risking jail for them while they quietly sit back. Since a lot of people are smoking, it also creates some offenders who are just selling this stuff for friends and otherwise wouldn't be offenders.

Legalizing would allow:
- A relative quality of what you buy at a price that might not be exagerated. Better for public health.
- It would dry the traffic circuit, at least for pot but it is already something
- It would stop creating a judicial insecurity because these days, you don't really know (at least in France) if you can really be arrested for smoking pot considering that some people tolerates it. But still, it's illegal and a cop can decide to arrest you for it.

The only thing that make me decide it is not a good idea is that then, the first "illegal" drug would be stronger... And I read that some expert thought that people wanting to use might go to these harder drugs cause it's forbidden... But I am not sure about that, so yes, I guess I am in favor of the legalization.

dexter12296566
07-04-2009, 06:01 PM
About that, it is not because you don't do something that you cannot agree with it.

I'm not much of a smoker myself but look at this:

1) Tobacco creates dependance, Alcohool creates dependance => They are both legal
2) The quality of what you find on the street has drastically decreased in 10 years. Now you have a whole lot of tire and other disgusting things in it. Very bad for your health.
3) Pot creates an economy that allows traficant (the same who put disgusting thing in the drug) to make a lot of money using small dealers usually risking jail for them while they quietly sit back. Since a lot of people are smoking, it also creates some offenders who are just selling this stuff for friends and otherwise wouldn't be offenders.

Legalizing would allow:
- A relative quality of what you buy at a price that might not be exagerated. Better for public health.
- It would dry the traffic circuit, at least for pot but it is already something
- It would stop creating a judicial insecurity because these days, you don't really know (at least in France) if you can really be arrested for smoking pot considering that some people tolerates it. But still, it's illegal and a cop can decide to arrest you for it.

The only thing that make me decide it is not a good idea is that then, the first "illegal" drug would be stronger... And I read that some expert thought that people wanting to use might go to these harder drugs cause it's forbidden... But I am not sure about that, so yes, I guess I am in favor of the legalization.

i dont agree with cigarettes but in the town i live in (i havent tried it) but most ppl need some mind numbing juice just 2 ease the pain

come out swinging
07-04-2009, 06:19 PM
You should go downtown to any town in the 413. You find everything there.:rolleyes:

dexter12296566
07-04-2009, 06:26 PM
You should go downtown to any town in the 413. You find everything there.:rolleyes:

the 413 is?

come out swinging
07-04-2009, 06:27 PM
western ma

dexter12296566
07-04-2009, 06:42 PM
western ma

weird i dont know i live in central ma

RODNEYMULLEN
07-04-2009, 09:49 PM

then try them

dexter12296566
07-05-2009, 02:30 PM
then try them

y would i want to do that, that shit fucks with ur mind

Oxygene
07-05-2009, 02:31 PM
y would i want to do that, that shit fucks with ur mind

some minds just need to be fucked with...

dexter12296566
07-05-2009, 02:37 PM
some minds just need to be fucked with...

not mine its fucked up enough without that shit

renato piquette
07-05-2009, 06:53 PM
bourbon 4 eva!

NGNM85
07-05-2009, 08:31 PM

I already posted a very long statement on Marijuana it's effects, and US domestic policy, but in brief; you've been lied to. MarijuanA has TWO carcinogens, thats' chemicals that CAN cause cancer IN SUFFICIENT AMOUNTS, cigarettes contain 40 different carcinogens. Also, marijuana has never been verifiably proven to be physically addictive. There are a number of medical studies, I'll just quote a few here, I can recommend dozens more if you want. The famous government studies the La Guardia Commission and the Nixon Commission BOTH found thar Marijuana is one of the most harmless substances in the pharmacopia. I'll also mention the recentr study, 2003 (? I have to check.) presented at the American Thoracic Society of over 2,000 subjects that found "no definitive link between marijuana use, frequency of marijuana use and head, throat, neck and lung cancers." Thats' essentially an exact quote. It was actually in my "Drugs & Society" textbook. Now I'm not saying Marijuana is good for you, it isn't, but it is drastically, demonstratably less destructive than alcohol, cigarettes, or McDonalds' food. THis has had no effect however on US policy. In summation, regardless if you smoke pot or not, throwing people in prison for it is illogical, immoral, and frankly, cruel. Not to mention it wastes billions of taxpayer dollars. Look up my post for a more thorough treatment, or PM me and I'll gladly provide you with more info or citations.

Oxygene
07-06-2009, 01:06 AM
I already posted a very long statement on Marijuana it's effects, and US domestic policy, but in brief; you've been lied to. MarijuanA has TWO carcinogens, thats' chemicals that CAN cause cancer IN SUFFICIENT AMOUNTS, cigarettes contain 40 different carcinogens. Also, marijuana has never been verifiably proven to be physically addictive. There are a number of medical studies, I'll just quote a few here, I can recommend dozens more if you want. The famous government studies the La Guardia Commission and the Nixon Commission BOTH found thar Marijuana is one of the most harmless substances in the pharmacopia. I'll also mention the recentr study, 2003 (? I have to check.) presented at the American Thoracic Society of over 2,000 subjects that found "no definitive link between marijuana use, frequency of marijuana use and head, throat, neck and lung cancers." Thats' essentially an exact quote. It was actually in my "Drugs & Society" textbook. Now I'm not saying Marijuana is good for you, it isn't, but it is drastically, demonstratably less destructive than alcohol, cigarettes, or McDonalds' food. THis has had no effect however on US policy. In summation, regardless if you smoke pot or not, throwing people in prison for it is illogical, immoral, and frankly, cruel. Not to mention it wastes billions of taxpayer dollars. Look up my post for a more thorough treatment, or PM me and I'll gladly provide you with more info or citations.

you sir are th fucking empitome of knowledge..! Rock n Roll!

KyleW
07-06-2009, 01:37 AM
If salvia is legal

I read this as saliva.

dexter12296566
07-06-2009, 11:48 AM
I read this as saliva.

so did i:D:D

chris9012
07-08-2009, 06:25 AM
Weet is legal here from 18 years. Some off my friends use sometimes. They're not addicted or something. You can have 2 grams (or something like that) for personal use. So there are no dealers, you can just buy it in the coffeeshop's.
Growing however is illegal, so coffeshop owners need to buy from illegal growers. This doesn't make any sense to me.

Also you can buy alcohol at 16 years.

So when I see on TV some american 20 year old guy getting arrested for a gram of weet, I feel sorry for all off the USA.
Sure, weet isn't the best thing for your brains, but I do think it is exaggerated in country's like the US.

ninthz
07-08-2009, 09:03 AM
The most that would happen to you for a gram is like being processed and fined. Not something that would be covered by the news.

But yeah, as long as you keep it lowkey and don't have a bunch of pre-measured baggies with a goddamn scale sitting around you should be fine.

ps: What's with BBS kiddies and making these threads/comments? As has been noted in the tags for this thread, check Thomas' signature sometime.

Harleyquiiinn
07-08-2009, 09:14 AM
The most that would happen to you for a gram is like being processed and fined. Not something that would be covered by the news.

But yeah, as long as you keep it lowkey and don't have a bunch of pre-measured baggies with a goddamn scale sitting around you should be fine.

ps: What's with BBS kiddies and making these threads/comments? As has been noted in the tags for this thread, check Thomas' signature sometime.

Yes but it's a problem. Right now, you get a fine... it's like there is a tolerance about it.
What if one day, the politics say that the repression against pot should be more important ? People who smoked for years knowing that they would only risk a fine could now risk jail. And no defence will be possible because eventhough it was tolerated, it was against the law. Another example. A judge that isn't completely impartial... sadly it exists. A guy from a group of people he doesn't like comes because he owned one gram of pot... It is illegal, he is completely authorized to give him more than a fine...
This is what arbitrary is...
We have the same problem in France... Illegal but you don't risk a lot by smoking it... I think by now, they should decide between yes or no.:rolleyes:

Chris> I didn't know that growing your weed was illegal ! it doesn't make sense at all ! Are you sure that there isn't derogations for people who only sell to coffeshops ? :eek:

wheelchairman
07-08-2009, 09:17 AM
As far as I know they can't arrest people for having a picture of themselves with a joint on facebook. However your employer might get upset.

chris9012
07-08-2009, 10:31 AM
Chris> I didn't know that growing your weed was illegal ! it doesn't make sense at all ! Are you sure that there isn't derogations for people who only sell to coffeshops ? :eek:

Well, exactly, You're allowed to grow 2/3 (don't know) plants for own use. But Coffeeshops (which are legal) can't get enough weet this way. So they are forced to buy from illegal growers. So one side of these shops are legal: selling weet, but buying is illegal.

SelfEsteem94
07-08-2009, 11:26 AM
i smoke cigarettes socially.
millions of people smoke pot now,
its not like the world would go through some sort of revelation if it was legalized.
people do it either way.

TheOldMark
07-09-2009, 04:36 PM
hes never going to do this.
why don't you agree? alot of people already smoke pot, and all that money goes to mexican drug lords instead of our own farmers, and we can tax the shit out of it to offset our deficit. desperate times call for desperate measures. it will have a minimal effect on society. infact, when pot is legalized, pot is boring. example- nobody in the netherlands smokes pot, just american tourists.

dexter12296566
07-13-2009, 06:55 AM

what exactly does it mean to be "processed"?

The Piano
07-26-2009, 09:21 PM
yea. bill clinton smoked pot. i don't do pot. but obama better smoke pot in order to legalize it asap.

SMASHedTHEignition
07-30-2009, 04:14 AM
well aside from the fact that your inhaling smoke in your lungs, other than that pot is less harmful than alcohol..

to bad im aussie, theres no chance K.Rudd will legalize pot, but americans can hav fun :D

SMASHedTHEignition
07-30-2009, 04:19 AM
hes never going to do this.
why don't you agree? alot of people already smoke pot, and all that money goes to mexican drug lords instead of our own farmers, and we can tax the shit out of it to offset our deficit. desperate times call for desperate measures. it will have a minimal effect on society. infact, when pot is legalized, pot is boring. example- nobody in the netherlands smokes pot, just american tourists.

true but pot has to much medical value, i think its fukd, cos if they just legalize it itl goto th government and not to the drug dealer up the road..

in Australia your allowed to hav a small plant in Canberra for personal use, but they r making th price of Cigarettes like double now, so its like 20$ australian for a 20 pack and usually its 8.50 to 9.50 for a 20 pack..its shit